Thanks Dad for Being There - 2

Printer-friendly version


Thanks Dad for Being There
2 - Stepping Out


By Jessica C


Cathy spoke up to our surprise, “Is that you Daddy why do you look so pretty?” She went running to Dad and he naturally responded with a big hug and picking her up in her arms. “Dan and I found some of your pictures, I think you look cute but he said you looked too much like Mom and Jenn.”
=^_^=


Mom was driving as Dad was uncomfortable to do so wearing heels. We went at least 45 miles from home, then pulled into a nice restaurant and lounge. Mom came around and took a nervous Jasmine by the hand and we entered the Woods Hideaway Restaurant and Lounge. Sam, the owner, met us as we came in, recognizing my mom, “Ms. Karen it is nice to see you; it has been a while.” Mom introduced me as her daughter Jenn. Sam said, Is that you Jasmine. It has been even longer, it is nice to see you again. Do you still play the guitar?" He turns to me, "Jenn do you see we still have Joe’s old guitar since the last time they played here.”

‘Jaz’, she played the guitar in public. The waiter came over and he too remembered mom. He took orders for drinks as well as presenting the menus. Jaz ordered a strawberry daiquiri, which I had not seen Dad do before. Jaz also ordered steak medallions, salad, and baked potato. Dad may not have been the biggest guy, but he usually had a good appetite at a fancy restaurant.

Sam came back over when time permitted as they had a good business. He took an interest in me and called over his nephew Brad. He introduced us and suggested Brad invite me to dance. He was 14/15 and hesitated, thinking I was too young for him. He did ask and we did dance and he found himself liking to be with me.

I was still dancing with Brad, while Mom was dancing with Brad’s dad Charlie and Jaz had been pulled in close to Sam. Jaz was dancing well with Sam, but her eyes widened as Sam danced with her. Brad had a good time dancing and expected Charles was enjoying himself as well. After the third dance, we excused ourselves and went home. Thankfully we had not stayed too late, but it was a fun evening.

Mom paid Bridgette and made sure she got home safely, as I helped Dad get into the house undetected. Dad was thanking me for a good day and evening as Cathy came into the room without our knowledge. Dad was back to his own voice, “If you will excuse me I need to get out of these shoes and clothes.”

“Don’t forget to take off your makeup before coming out.”

Cathy spoke up to our surprise, “Is that you Daddy why do you look so pretty?” She went running to Dad and he naturally responded with a big hug and picking her up in her arms. “Dan and I found some of your pictures, I think you look cute but he said you looked too much like a mommy and Jenn.” Dad had Cathy in one arm and I took his other hand and we walked out to the family room. Dan was busy watching TV and Megan was the first to see Dad carrying Cathy. “Wow, you went to eat like that what’s up?” She came over and gave Dad a hug and they all sat down.

I called to Mom as she came back into the house. Mom was surprised to see Dad surrounded by us kids and him holding Cathy. Cathy had comfortably fallen to sleep in Dad’s arms and Mom took a picture of them. I explained how Cathy found us in their bedroom, and Cathy wasn’t surprised because it was Dan and her who found the pictures of Dad during his band days.

Megan just wanted assurance that it was Mom who dressed Dad up and did his makeup. She did agree with Cathy that he looked very pretty, even “foxy”. Dan kind of cried that he didn’t want to lose his Dad or need to dress in his sister's clothes.

Megan reminded him that he already had. “But that was just pretending, and I am not sure I want to pretend anymore. Mom suggested Dad put Cathy to bed as she got ready for work and that we could talk about things more on Saturday if that was okay.

Dad stayed dressed as a woman until he got ready for bed. Cathy woke up a little as Dad helped her to change into her pajamas and they said a prayer. She asked him to use his soft voice and to make sure she gave her a kiss. Dan was comfortable as Dad checked on him and gave him a hug and kiss good night.

Megan was in visiting with Mom as she got ready for work and Dad went back into the room. “Dad, I think you look pretty as a woman and I am glad you are happy, but I am too grown up to think this is normal. I hope we can talk about this. I am not sure if I want our friends and neighbors to know about this.”

She was happy when Mom and Dad agreed that it didn’t need to be shared. Dad walked Mom out to the car and as he gave her a good-bye hug and kiss. Mom said, “It has been a long time since I kissed you like this, but it still feels very natural to me; welcome back Jasmine. O, look under your pillow before you get ready for bed.”

I stayed up with Dad another half hour as we visited in the family room. We talked about the night, playing the guitar, and the part of him who liked looking like a girl. I joked that he should keep my makeup kit as a keepsake. He shared we needed not to get distracted from getting me started on guitar lessons.

He thought aloud about what he should do about going to work in the morning. I suggested he wear a pair of Mom’s panties, some mascara, the gold chain necklace, and his smile. He laughed. Dad found a pastel blue negligee under his pillow when he went to bed. He showered and lightly powdered himself after he dried off.

He rested so well he did not notice Cathy had come in and nestled with him in the middle of the night. While it was common enough for Cathy to do that when Mom was home, she had not usually done so with Dad. Dad was warmed at the sight, when he woke but gently got out of bed and to change out of his nightwear.

“Daddy is you ashamed of looking pretty?” He tried to explain he wasn’t ashamed, but would be embarrassed if others knew. “Would they make fun of you and us if they knew?” Dad shared it was possible though he didn’t think it should affect our family.

Dad changed into his clothes for work after having scooted Cathy off to her room. Dad did wear a new pair of mom’s panties after he had tried an older pair and found out her hips had stretched them. He also wore the gold chain of the night before and used some mascara very lightly. He had taken off the nail polish, working hard to get it all off especially around the edges.

Dad was then out and about making sure we were up and getting ready for school. It was a day Dad needed to leave a little early for work. I noticed Dad was smiling but only saw the little mascara he used.

“Dad, would you mind if I used a light pink clear polish on your fingernails?” He responded if it was flat and not shiny. I smiled and before he let me do his fingernails and I had him do Cathy and Meg’s. He smiled as I told him he “had not lost his touch.”

I guess he has a fairly large and important meeting on most Friday mornings so Maggie and the other office women said nothing more that morning than they were glad to see him smiling. The meeting ended at 11:30 and as dad dropped off work for them from the meeting.

Maggie shared they wanted to see him for lunch. Dad insisted he was either staying in his office and work or going out for lunch. Maggie suggested he could stay in his office for lunch but going out without them was not an option. Dad firmly said no to her request to go together.

Joe stayed in for a working lunch. Maggie and Kim came in after eating and pushed him away from his desk. Dad smiled, gave mock resistance and asked what they were doing. Maggie plainly told him shaping your eyebrows, putting on concealer, light on the makeup, and light grey eyeshadow.

Dad had two meetings one with Matthews and the other with Roberts and he was uncomfortable about seeing them like he was. Kim asked him to see her after his meeting with Matthews. But the eyeshadow came off for now.

When he came back she asked him to lean down and when he did, she put diamond posts into each ear, the eyeshadow was back on as Kim held up a mirror. Joe’s protest was minimal despite having a meeting shortly with Richards. “I am sure she won’t mind, but it would be good if you freshened up your appearance a little.” lol

Dad decided to leave the changes alone and to trust Kim but he asked for help in freshening up. Kimmie took dad into the women’s rest area and guided him in fixing the small stuff. Dad did some work, checked his appearance, and went to meet with Roberts.

Roberts greeted him, complimenting his smile, which made Dad suspicious. “It’s okay Joe you are safe with me,” she said. “I saw you in passing yesterday and I was looking forward to seeing you today. You were very conservative this morning's meeting; and I suspect your appearance now was a huge step in daring to trust us. I suspect you realize another woman is more likely to notice.”

“We better get our work done first before we casually talk any further.” Wanda Roberts was the division director for one project line that dad related to. She complimented him on the very good work she had come to expect and rely on him for, but stated his comments this morning and now are a bit more insightful and helpful. They talked about the difference and Wanda shared it was the expertise she had long wished for.

“Joe, this reminds me a little of when you use to play in that band or when Jasmine played behind Karen. I forgot how much you smiled and enjoyed yourself back then.” They talked a little and dad shared how I was going to take up the guitar. “So Jasmine was/is real, you just stuffed her down inside of you along with your smile.”

“I have enjoyed my kids and I wouldn’t trade what I have to go back.”

“It’s not my decision,” said Wanda, “it’s not about trading but I think you became visible again for a reason. I don’t know if everyone is ready for this. You know you have a neat family and some friends here in the office.” Wanda giggled and suggested he change into her extra outfit to go home. Besides the fact, she was at least a full size smaller and a whole different look, Joe wasn’t seriously tempted, much. “But I would like to suggest you come completely into my division. It would be a safer place if this is to continue or progress further.”

=^_^=


Dad left work at four, I was home from school and Mom too was at home. Karen suggested, “Honey, why don’t you take Jenn to meet the instructor; then we could meet for pizza and go to the mall.” The guitar instructor was open to meeting if I and dad could get there by 6 pm.

The Instructor was only a few miles further from the school. I liked him as he was a young band instructor and excited to have students interested in current music.

Regarding a possible band, he shared there were a number of girls he knew within 3 years of my age interested in a cross of contemporary pop, rock, and country music. He suggested any band if they wanted to be hired needed to play a variety of music as well as develop their own sound. Two of the girls played keyboard as well as piano, two played guitars, and two others at school played brass.

Travis asked if my parents were musically inclined. I told him my dad had played in guitar in a band in high school and college, and my mom sang and also could play piano and keyboard. He asked what group my dad played with and he smiled when I said “White Waters”.

“Are you Joe Stamps' daughter? I hear he was very good and very out of sight.” Dad made the mistake of saying “Thank you.” Travis nearly choked but quickly recovered.

“Woe man, you fit your crazy legend. Too bad you and your daughter weren’t born in reverse order.”

A week ago I would have been freaked by such comments but in the last 72 hours, I became delighted to see a neat and long-hidden side of my parents, especially my Dad. Travis asked Jasmine if she could play and they jammed two songs together with me trying to finger along on my guitar.

We met the others at Pizza Hut and Cathy shared with the waitress that Jasmine was her favorite Aunt. “Aunt Jasmine is almost as beautiful as my mommy, don’t you agree?” The waitress giggled and agreed.

Mom had us stop at the mall after eating and asked me to take the youngest two to the toys and games section. I protested, but she shared I had better control of the little ones. Megan deserved some time with her Dad. Dad’s face, a mixture of joy and fear, came over his face as Mom shared; she Jaz needs to get some clothes. Dad looked like a little girl embarrassed as she shopped for her first bra.

Megan thought it was cute as Mom got Jasmine to open up about what she liked and disliked before a young saleswoman. The saleswoman was quite professional and measured Jasmine, sharing with her, “You know it is easier for me to picture you as a potential thoroughbred instead of a tomboy. Maybe if you ever have children your hips will develop a bit more. I know we see that among women with their breasts as well as their hips.”

She encouraged Jaz to be comfortable in being herself. They picked out two skirts, three tops, and two dresses. Most of which Mom could wear as well. Hearing Dad’s size Megan picked out two pairs of designer jeans.

Dad made sure Mom and all the kids got something as well. Dan had a surprise request. Mom smiled and looked at Jasmine then at Dan, “Dan, it's not that you can’t but you should think twice about doing this. We can come back another time if it would be what you want.”

I, Jenn smiled, and with Mom’s approval took him by the hand and the two dresses to the girls’ dressing room. I gave Dan a kiss on his cheek, a pair of panties, his dress as well as my suggested alternative.

I stayed outside his changing room to brush his hair to a bit of a feminine look, as well as a light touch of lipstick. Danni went out and while the dress was pretty, one check in the mirror and Dan realized it was not right for him. He was going to change back into his own clothes.

When he stepped out of the dress, I dangled a chemise to go over his head and rest on his shoulders. Then had Danni to step into the skirt that I chose and then put on the blouse. He looked closely in the mirror and complained the chemise was showing. I asked him to step back and see how it all looked. Impressed he said, “I could be Cathy’s older sister in this.”

“I think we should call you Denise Stamps when you look like this. Now go out there and show the others you can be one of the girls.” Dan walked out and asked, “How do I look, I'm Denise Stamps?” Mom giggled and gave her a hug, “I’m afraid there will be five girls of us from time to time.” We made our purchases and went back home.

When we got home Mom suggested the rest of us get ready for bed and make sure we got to bed at the right time. She took Daddy into their room and locked the door, which meant we were to leave them alone.

She suggested, “Jaz why don’t you shower and we have some time together.” Dad did as suggested; Mom followed him into the shower. It was to get him to wash and condition his hair as she wanted. I knew what she was going to do because she had asked me to get some curlers and the hairdryer out after Meg turned in.

I made sure Dan and Cathy were in bed sleeping but other than to encourage Meg to bed was only asking for trouble. Megan was in her room and reading while listening to music or talking to friends. Mom had gotten Dad into some panties and a nice negligee and gave him her robe but hadn’t let him brush out his wet hair.

She pulled him to the kitchen and once Dad saw the stuff he knew what Mom planned to do his hair. The chair she used for doing hair sat up high enough that Dad’s feet did not rest on the floor but a footrest. As Mom worked on the hair she referred to him as Jaz or “her” and Dad accommodatingly went along with it all.

Mom had gotten all the curlers in and placed the dryer cap over his head before she asked me what the color of his panties was. Without a second thought, I said pink and started to apologize when she asked me the design. “I’m not sure if it was Pooh or just bears.”

I want you to stop looking but after your Dad’s out from under the dryer, I will ask you again. “She needs to learn the lesson of keeping her legs, and robe together.” I smiled and said, “You are mean.” “Better his daughter than someone thinking he is advertising for a good time.”

She told me she was taking Jaz for one more thing in the morning and hoped to be back by noon or two at the latest. She was leaving me in charge. She also shared come tomorrow the extra girls would come out only for special occasions.

I asked Mom about Dan for tomorrow. She told me she hoped he would be himself. But if he wanted to be Denise find something old of Meg’s to wear and he'd have to play in one of their rooms. Denise is not to be fantasizing in her own room, nor answering the door or going outside. That is not a suggestion but the law.

Dad was now out from under the dryer and as Mom took out the curlers and combed out Jaz’s hair she asked me the color of his panties and its design. Jaz blushed a deep red, then started to get angry when Mom interceded.

“Hold it young woman; if you want to dress as a woman, you need to act like a woman. Don’t blame her it was you being so careless. It’s hard not to see pink panties under a yellow negligee. A young woman should sit with her legs and robe closed.” I apologized and then my Dad apologized to me.

Morning came early for Dad as she needed to get used to getting up early to get herself ready for the day ahead. Dad had enjoyed himself with Mom. I don’t want to think about that but getting up early was a surprise.

Staying in girl mode was also new as well. Dad was in a skirt just above his knees a light pastel blouse and a button-down sweater that was worn open. Halfway to the city, they stopped for a light breakfast of a roll and coffee.

After that Mom found the turn and street and drove six blocks to TransFormation Cosmetics. “We didn’t need to come all this way for cosmetics did we?” was Dad’s response.

Mom simply replied, “You won’t believe the difference they make.” She had rushed out of the car and was pulling him into the store before he realized what it really was and refused to go in. They first met a receptionist and mom shared they had a 10:30 appointment. They were led back to a large application/exam room. Dad was asked to strip down to her panties and bra and put on a light exam garment.

Dr. Carothers came in shortly, she was perky and all of 30 years of age. Dad was a bit embarrassed to have a woman younger than him examining him. She asked a number of questions including how long he had been cross-dressing.

He shared to Mom’s surprise that he had begun so around 8. Mom thought he meant eight years ago and shared she thought he had started to experiment when he was with a band some 14-16 years ago.

Marci Carothers looked to Dad and he confirmed he was eight years old when he first started to crossdress. A warm smile came over Mom as she understood this started way before the band and college. Dr. Carothers asked Mom to wait for them in one of the waiting rooms.

She asked dad to stand in front of her and to take off his bra and panties, which he did, but not without a reaction from his penis being aroused.

She got up and got Jaz a pill and some water, “This will stop this from occurring during the exam, but it still leaves us with a hard problem here and now.” She took him over to a model of a vagina and asked him after she left the room to have some fun and she would be back when he was done.

He didn’t think he could perform like that. She asked him if he found women attractive. Dad did not answer but after she left him with the machine. He saw a viewing screen and he had no trouble. She had him sign a sheet for a lab test to be performed and then him to check an area if they could use or save his sperm for sperm donation.

She led Jasmine back to the application table and started brushing a thick solution onto his chest to down and around between his legs. She gave it about five minutes to set and then began pulling it off and taking any and all body hair with it. While it felt like small pinches and pinpricks, the sensation was manageable. Marci drew his hand over his body to feel the difference.

She then brought out three plastic containers of breast forms and using a flat-screen monitor to show his body and how the different size breasts and styles would look on him. Jaz selected the B+ size with a two once differential to help them appear more natural.

She then showed a program on the monitor on applying a vagina gaffe. Though dad said he would not use one, she showed him the program and that he should make the decision to do it with Karen before she fitted him. The gaffe was so realistic that it could receive up to 8” of a man up into it.

Marci had dad lie down as she applied the breast forms and then asked her if she wanted to talk to Karen before being fitted for the vagina gaff. Dad looked at Marci realizing she did not say ‘if’ he was to be fitted. “Your wife thinks there is a strong likelihood that emotions and thoughts may tempt you more than you can stand to experience an intimate experience with a man.”

Dad's eyes teared, as he asked for Karen but not so he could talk about the decision. He already agreed to be fitted but shared he needed her comfort and support. “I am afraid she might be right, but I can’t do this behind her back,” Marci called for Karen to come in.

“She is okay, I am not sure if she wants you more as a wife or a mommy. I think it is a bit of both. So if you would please hold her hand. She has just consented on her own to have the vagina gaff applied.

Karen took Jaz's hand saying “I think it is best, especially since she has seen herself as a girl so long... My agreement Jaz is not without a bit of reservation and not as encouragement.” She gave Jaz a soft feminine kiss.

“I am sorry to interrupt you,” Dr. Marci said, “But you should learn how to put this on yourselves, I think more than men are going to be interested in this pretty woman.” It fit so Jasmine would actually pee like an ordinary woman.

Once the transformation was done Jaz was told to get dressed. Karen had replaced the pullover sweater with another blouse but this one had a plunging neckline and showed Jasmine’s breasts. Dr. Marci visited with them both another half hour. Some time was to remind Jasmine she needed to practice safe sex.

“Wow, you look even more delicious than you did before Jaz,” giggled Karen. “Let’s get a light lunch and then we need to get back to a new normal.”

There was a tea room Karen always wanted to stop at as a couple and she thought with Jaz along it would be a good time as any. They both ordered small chef salads and different herb teas. Jaz would have ordered a large salad and at least half a sandwich, but even her mind and appetite were in girl mode.

“So what is our new normal going to be,” she asked?

Karen wanted to keep up the girl talk, but there would be time for that on the way back. “That is for us both to decide; I am enjoying my time with you but I was thinking about tomorrow and ongoing.

"Jenn’s new interest in the guitar needs to get in gear and worked into her busy life. While I am glad things are out in the open. I hope they don’t redefine our normal lives that much but are incorporated into special times. What are some of your thoughts?”

“While I am enjoying my new renaissance, I kind of agree. Personally, I feel a need to step back, but I think it’s also time for me to bring the guitar and keep it out. I want to thank you for letting me be me and be seen as Jaz. I don’t want to stuff her away, but I think we need to figure out what our new normal is. For me, I feel that is mostly Joe, Dad, husband, work, etc.”

Karen, “I wouldn’t mind a fall weekend away with you if we could get a grandparent to watch the kids. I think Jaz is someone you and I need to get comfortable with again. Be it with you as Joe or Jasmine I would like to sing again, not out in public, but I would like our children seeing more of us together.”

“I think that would be nice, I would enjoy that…”

“But, but I am already ahead of you. Our last stop is to get Jaz her own guitar.” Interestingly enough her little mind-reading exercise drew us back into girl talk. It was something that happened years ago as well, where Jaz and Karen visited in a different way from Joe and Karen.

We stopped at a place going out of the city and purchased Jaz a six-string bass guitar. It was a good guitar but more basic than what Joe would buy. We spent more time selecting how it looked with Jaz and the colors white, red, and touches of black. We bought some mikes and an amplifier/speaker system for singing for Karen and the family.

When we got back Cathy and Dan were over at neighbor playing as Meg and Jenn were working to get the house back together some. Both girls liked Jaz’s new look but Meg insisted and Jenn agreed Jaz should change tops before the little ones got to see her.

As Jaz left for the bedroom, Jenn patted her on the butt and said, “I am glad you and mom used good taste.” The understanding was I didn’t go for big breasts.

Dan came home and changed back to a Denise outfit. During dinner, we visited how things were to be. Jaz and Denise were for special occasions but not all of them. Music was back into the family activities, but we needed to work as a family to make it work.

Come Sunday morning Dad was glad that things came off, his hair shampooed back to normal and Joe was back, but not to normal, the smile stayed on his face. Seemingly, Mom had a good time with Jaz and Dad and her smile almost glowed too much.

During worship, they asked for volunteers for special music for November around the theme of community and friendship. I had one I was practicing for a chorus program, so I raised my hand and asked if it would be appropriate to sing “He Ain’t Heavy He’s My Brother.”

After church, I was asked if I had music for the accompanist. I asked if it was okay if my father accompanied me on a guitar. The music people and other members were surprised. You could see written on their faces, “You mean Normal Joe.” Dad suggested it would be better if I would ask him first the next time I volunteered him.

The following day was a little awkward, as I had guitar practice after school. While I knew it was okay to keep the guitar in the band room, Mr. Hooper was a little upset he was not my instructor.

* * *
Chapter 3

I am sure it was a bit awkward for Dad as he went to work with no hint of his feminine side. He said it was like living in two worlds as Wanda and the office women wanted to see and know more, while the others we clueless.

Dad did make the mistake of telling Wanda a week later our mom was back singing again. Wanda shared the news with Mrs. Dole the wife of the CEO. She was hosting a pre-holiday social for women but did not want it stuffy or dependent upon men.

=^_^=


The idea of a girl band was starting to form but mostly between Rhonda and me. Julie and Misty came in on the conversation in November. Dad helped to bring me along a little faster helping once a week and on weekends. I was glad the other girls did not know of Jaz, as they thought dad's playing was cool and we should use him some way. Misty and I both had voices capable of singing lead, Julie and Rhonda were both more than adequate to sing background and neither wanted to be a lead singer.

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great continuation of the

Great continuation of the story. I can really feel how the family loves Joe/Jaz and want the best for her/him. Also it is great that a few people at work accept him/her and are encouraging it.

family support

Oh how many of us would just die for the benefit of some support for our lifestyle choices from within our families.... But then, so few of us have the courage to seek out that acceptance.

Let the band play on.. play on!!
Ginger xx

pushing

there are definitely some people pushing her more than she's ready for,
but a good balance with the wife.
good chapter, thanks

Been there

"it was a bit awkward for Dad as he went to work with no hint of his feminine side. He said it was like living in two worlds"

yeah. Not always a fun place to be.

DogSig.png

Thanks Dad for Being There -2

Not may men are courageous enough to show their feminine side, let alone, dress as a woman

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Being that feminine and masculine traits...

Andrea Lena's picture

...appear in a wide range of degrees in each man and woman, it's likely that many man don't have enough of a feminine side to show by dressing as a woman, such as folks like my brothers and my nephews, aye? We dress as we choose to help express who we are, and not dressing as a man or woman if one isn't or has no inclination doesn't preclude any courage on a man or a woman's part. At least that's how I see things.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Thanks Andrea

I sense you understand all too well. Even in the community or the family God bless each and every one.

Joe is me with a courage I don't have. I hope those who do might know I admire them.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thanks Dad

Joe is not one of the many, but like a fingerprint id different. Cross dressers are well aware that many men may not identify with them.

Common threads are in his uniqueness he is pulled by his caring for others important in his life

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

We are each a mix of disparate parts...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Jessica, not really male or female: Just us! It's a shame that we are forced by convention to hide some of our best parts and withhold them from the world, from ourselves and from our partners as Joe did. This is a lovely story of family and love.

I hope to see much more,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!