Plump and Pretty - 8

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 


Plump and Pretty — 8


By Katherine Day


(Copyright 2012)
He was a chubby boy, soft and sweet
Finding a girl’s life so lovely and neat;
But as a big loser he grows so fetching
That a special boy finds him worth catching.

Chapter 8: The Boy Friend

It was the last of 12 sessions of the aerobics classes, and Debbie Goldsberry, the instructor, weighed the girls (and Brian) as they began sessions on the December Saturday. The girls also stood tensely as they awaited the results of weight loss, some expectantly and others nervously fearing the scale.

Brian watched as his friend, Amanda, mounted the scales. In truth, Brian couldn’t see that she had lost much weight in the 12 weeks, but announced that her new weight was 173 — eight pounds had been lost during the classes. It was typical that the weights were always announced as they were recorded, probably in the hopes that public exposure to the others might motivate quicker losses.

“Let’s have a hand for Amanda,” Miss Goldsberry said. The girls applauded, but Amanda scowled, feeling that eight pounds was not a lot to lose.

“Now Brian, our single brave boy: Let’s see how you did this week.”

Brian had been steadily losing weight during the sessions, and had even seen his tummy go down so that he gained a notch on his belt.

“He lost 19 pounds since we started, girls!” the instructor announced. “The most of any of you girls, unless one of you to come can beat that.”

None of the remaining girls could. One other girl lost 16 pounds, but Brian’s 19 was the most. As a result, Brian was given a small, simple trophy for being the “biggest loser” during the 12 weeks.

Brian had to admit he felt lots better now that he had lost weight; it hadn’t done much to make him look any more strong, since his arms still retained a round soft look and his thighs, while more firm, still were pudgy and a bit gelatinous. Happily, his breasts had not seemed to be affected and he wore the same size bra as ever — a girl’s B-cup. If anything the weight loss had improved his looks; in fact, he wondered whether he might be slowly developing into a lovely, slightly overweight girl.

*****
Several nights later, while Brian was home, still awaiting the arrival of his mother from work, the phone rang. Brian picked it up and was surprised to hear the voice of Claire from the Fashion Girl store on the line.

“Bailey, is that you?” Claire asked.

“Yes, is this Miss Claire?”

“Yes, honey, it is. Sorry to call at night like this, but is your mother home.”

Brian said his mother was still at work, but asked if she could tell him why she was calling. The woman hesitated for a minute, finally saying, “Oh I guess I can tell you why I’m calling, but I’ll still have to talk to your mother about this, honey.”

“Ok, but what is it?” Brian became anxious, wondering why Claire was calling.

“Are you still interested in modeling?” she asked.

“Oh yes,” the boy said eagerly.

“Well honey, we need you to pinch hit for our fashion show, which is scheduled for next month. That’s if your mother is agreeable, so she’ll have to call me.”

“Really? Me back modeling again? Oh, Miss Claire I’d love to.”

“I thought you would and it’ll be a great help for us if you could.”

Brian was so excited he was speechless, and there was an eternity of silence, it seemed.

“Bailey,” Miss Claire continued. “It seems Kelli, you remember her? Well, she fell and broke an arm and is in a big cast. She’ll have to be wearing it for another six weeks, I’m afraid. You’d be a great replacement, since you both wore the same-sized outfits.”

“Oh no,” Brian said, clearly shocked. He liked Kelli immensely, and the two had promised to stay I touch, but in fact they hadn’t. “I hope she’s not hurt too bad, and I hate to take her spot.”

“I know honey, you and she were such sweet girl friends, but there’s no way she will be ready to model for the show and several other shoots we have scheduled.”

“What about the Human Resources Department? I thought they were against me,” Brian said.

“They didn't want you, but I talked them out of their objection, saying it was an emergency, which it is.”

“Oh Miss Claire, that’s so nice of you, but I feel so sorry for Kelli. I’ll have to call her.”

“That would be sweet of you, darling,” Miss Claire said, hanging up after getting a pledge from Brian to have his mother call her.

When Brian showed up and returned to model for the shop, Claire was impressed with how attractive he had become and with his ability to model outfits for the store in a way that made the clothes look so well suited for the “bigger girl.” The photographer found Brian easy to pose, as the boy quickly understood and could interpret the photographer’s commands.

With the hope that his modeling days would resume, Brian gained new incentive to keep himself well-groomed, to keep his weight down and to maintain his feminine mannerisms. His girliness — even in boy’s garb — was thus growing more and more obvious. Only at school was it becoming difficult.

*****
“I’ve never had a girl friend,” Mark Eaton, his friend, confessed to Brian on a Saturday.

The two were alone in the house, with Brian’s mother taking a weekend shift at the hospital and his little sister, Marietta, was spending the day with her friend, Tamara, at the Henderson house. Mark had come over to share some jazz licks with Brian; the two were being set up to form the nucleus of a group the music teacher was hoping to form among some of the more accomplished music students.

During their 30 minutes of “jamming,” Brian noticed that his friend was looking at him strangely, almost like he was examining Brian.

“Well you’re only 13,” Brian answered.

“I know, but I think about girls a lot now, wondering how it would be to have a girl friend. Jason says he’s dating Tiffany, you know?”

“I suppose so,” Brian said, realizing he was flicking his hair in a most feminine manner as he talked. His long hair often drifted over his forehead, and he knew he mimicked girls in their actions.

“Remember, you promised to be a girl for me. Do it now.”

“Really?” Brian hoped his eagerness to dress for Mark didn’t show. “You really want me to dress for you?”

“Yes, Yes. I think you’d be so pretty as a girl. I even think about you as a girl at night sometimes.”

“You do?”

“Yes, especially after you dressed up when we played house.”

“Come, become my girl friend.”

*****
Brian didn’t admit it, but he was hoping Mark wanted him to dress for him; he had even set aside a short denim skirt, and lavender blouse, with a v-neck and buttons down the front, just in case Mark suggested it. Dreams do come true!

“Oh my God,” Mark exclaimed when Brian walked out of his bedroom 20 minutes later dressed in the clothes he had laid out.

“You like?” Brian twirled.

“You’re hot. Wow!” The boy was seated on a couch his legs tightly together, looking tense and excited. The boy’s legs were jerking slightly, and Mark had a strange look on his face.

Brian giggled, his voice rising in crescendo, and walked seductively in front of his friend.

“Come sit next to me,” the boy said, a pinched look still on his face.

Brian sat down, careful to smooth the skirt as he sat, crossing his legs, the skirt rising up exposing the white softness of his inner thighs. He folded his hands on his lap and he felt the heat from the other boy’s body as they two nestled together. Suddenly, Mark reached over, placing a hand over his two folded hands.

The two boys sat there unmoving for a few moments, and Brian sensed a growing uneasiness from his friend, who was eyeing his feminine-clad body. The boy’s eyes seemed to halt at Brian’s breast, and upon the cleavage that showed above the top button of the blouse.

Suddenly one of Mark’s hands began massaging the inside of his thighs, and Brian felt his own penis grow hard; it was stuffed between the fat of his upper thighs and was throbbing.

He began to feel light-headed and suddenly he found Mark was kissing him on the lips; the kiss was a bit hesitant and lasted just an instant, before Mark moved quickly away, letting out with a low, squeal that he was obviously trying to suppress and removed his hands, grapping his crotch. Suddenly his body relaxed.

Brian was mystified.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

Mark sat on the couch, still holding his crotch, finally answering: “I jacked off!”

“You what?” Brian asked, not sure what he was saying.

“I gotta go to the bathroom and clean up.”

“OK, but what happened?”

“I jacked off, Brian,” the boy said. “Don’t you know what that is?”

Brian, by now his own hardon having relaxed, had heard the term from other boys, but wasn’t quite sure what it meant.

Mark sensing Brian’s ignorance explained: “It’s like wetting your pants, but it’s really like when you’re turned on by a pretty girl.”

“Oh?”

“Well, you’re only 12 so I guess you haven’t done that yet.”

Brian suddenly realized what had happened. He smiled; it was his own girliness, his own soft, feminine appearance that had so excited his friend.

“So you wet your pants?”

“I guess you could say that, and it’s all because you’re such a hot girl, Bailey,” Mark said. “Yes, you’re such a girl, Bailey.”

After Mark had cleaned up and Brian provided him with clean underwear, the two boys returned to the kitchen where Brian produced some cookies he had baked, along with milk.

“It’s just like you’re a real girl, Bailey,” Mark said, continuing to use his female name. “Like a girl would do on a date, including baking cookies for her boy friend.”

“I like to bake cookies,” Brian said.

“You could be a wife someday.”

Brian became flush-faced with the idea.

“You know what we should do, Bailey?”

“What?”

“Go to the movies next Saturday, but you could go all dressed like Bailey.”

Brian looked at his friend. “You think so?”

“Sure, you look so much like a girl like that. You’d be my first girl friend.”

Brian blushed, a picture forming in his mind of sitting next to this blonde, muscular boy, holding hands, maybe sharing a bag of popcorn. It was a lovely picture.

“Wouldn’t somebody guess? Maybe somebody from school?” Brian asked.

“No one would think you’re not a girl, and besides I could say I met you at summer camp.”

“I don’t know. I’ll have to ask my mother. She may not want me to do it.”

*****
Amy Kendall, hearing about the idea from her son, was hesitant at first; she was also suspicious as to what was going on between Brian and his friend, Mark.

Brian admitted finally to dressing up for Mark; he said Mark thought he looked pretty and came up with the idea that the two should go to the movies as boyfriend-girlfriend. “Mom, he said nobody would think I’m anything but a girl,” he said with enthusiasm.

“Well, darling, I’m concerned about this boy, Mark,” his mother began. “He’s older than you and I’m not sure he won’t want to make fun of you or something.”

“He won’t, mom, he’s my friend.”

“I don’t want you to get hurt,” his mother continued. “I just can’t imagine why such a boy would want you as a girlfriend. You’re not a girl, at least not yet, and he’s so popular, isn’t he? He should be able to have any girl as his friend.”

“Mark is handsome, mom, isn’t he? And, I know he likes me.”

“How do’ya know, dear?”

Brian turned red and didn’t answer. How could he tell his mother that he sensed how strong Mark’s affection was by the warmth of his kiss and the eagerness of the boy’s hands as they caressed Brian’s soft, smooth legs and arms? How could he tell is mother of the joy and comfort he felt in Mark’s arms?

“What have you two been doing while I was at work?” she demanded suddenly, obviously having sensed that her sweet son — who always in the past told her everything in his mind — was hiding something.

“Oh nothing, mom, just practicing our jazz and listening to CDs and playing,” he said.

“Nothing else, dear?”

“We’re not doing anything bad mom.”

“Then what are you doing?” her voice taking a stern tone. “You didn’t spend all that time on music, I’m sure.”

Brian was confused. He always confided in his mother. He loved her so much and she was so open to all of his feminine feelings. Yet, he was sure she wouldn’t approve how affectionate the two boys had become. Amy Kendall prodded, and finally her son burst into tears, his sobs high-pitched and his body shaking.

“He kissed me!” he squealed. “And hugged me. He wants me as his girlfriend, mom.”

Amy Kendall took this girlish boy in her arms, drew him to her ample breasts and held him tightly. His body shook as she held him and he cried for what seemed to be never-ending.

“OK, honey,” his mother said, when the crying finally ended and they had separated. “I’ll let you make the decision, but I think it’s a dangerous thing for both you and Mark.”

Brian, his eyes still red from the crying, looked at his mother in some confusion. “You’ll let me decide, mom?”

“Yes, it’s your life you’re dealing with here, and Mark’s. If you two get found out, well there’d be so many problems for you. And think about Mark, think about what might happen to him. He’s got several high school coaches looking at him for basketball. I understand he’s quite a shot.”

“Oh, he is, mother,” Brian said with a smile. “I know he can get a scholarship to Countryside Academy for one.”

“Countryside!” his mother exclaimed. “I thought that was only for rich kids.”

“They’d give Mark a scholarship, and St. Catherine’s is looking at him, too. He’s so good, mother. I just love to watch him play.”

Mark, Janet and Amanda had gone to several recent games to cheer on the middle school team. In their excitement, the three had squealed and acted up, prompting one of the parents seated nearby to say to them: “You three girls sure have a lot of team spirit.” At the time, the three began giggling, since it was obvious Mark with his long hair and mannerisms was mistaken for a girl.

“You’re like a love-struck girl,” Amanda said to Brian at a recent game, when his cheering about Mark’s play had seemed to continue nonstop.

Having had his first kiss from Mark, Brian felt he was indeed a love-struck girl whose boyfriend had become God-like in her eyes. Brian (no it was Bailey) was enamored with her Adonis, her Hercules, her strong Superman, her lover. How could he refuse attending the movie with him?

Yet, he realized, going to the movie, being a cute teen girl, could trigger all sorts of problems. He was being harassed constantly, both in the neighborhood and in school, and if they now knew he dressed as a girl, it could only get worse, maybe even dangerous. He heard of a high school boy — who dressed as a girl — in California who was murdered by a group of young men.

But Brian, as Bailey, felt he could weather such critics. What bothered him most was that if Mark were found out to be dating a boy, or even kissing, he might be banned from the basketball team and any chances of him going to a good school, and maybe even college, might be doomed.

In the end, he decided that he’d turn down the date with Mark. He hoped Mark would understand, realizing that maybe, after he became a girl, Mark might still be around.

*****
“There’s no denying the fact, Mrs. Kendall, that Brian here indeed believes he is a girl,” Dr. Benedict told the two of them at the end of the next visit.

“I’ve been convinced of that for the last year at least,” his mother said. “I tried to deny it for the longest time, convinced he’d grow out of it and begin caring more about the Green Bay Packers than his dolls and acting like a girl.”

“Brian,” the doctor said, his voice low and his words coming slowly, “I hope I am correct in my conclusion here, because the course of action I’m about to propose will affect your whole life. There might be no coming back, so we have to be totally honest with each other. You have to be sure in your own mind and heart about this, dear.”

“Doctor, I’m really only happy as a girl, really,” Brian said.

“It seems that’s true, Doctor,” his mother affirmed.

Dr. Benedict paused, sat back in his executive chair, and placed his hand, as if in contemplation, on his chin. Finally, in his slow cadence of speech that sometimes infuriated Brian because of time it took him to say anything, the doctor began:

“The first step, Brian and Mrs. Kendall, is to put Brian on testosterone blockers, which will slow his puberty, probably stunting any male sexual urges that otherwise begin developing at his age. To start that, I’ll refer you to an endocrinologist — Dr. Frank Chytowski — and he’ll give you some tests to make sure your body is OK with those blockers. Then, if all is well, he’ll probably start you on female hormones, and you’ll be on your way.

“Meanwhile, you’ll keep seeing me — or some other psychiatrist if you’re unhappy with me — to determine if you’re progressing safely under those drugs. It’s a long process.

“For the time being, you’ll have to continue to live as a boy, at least as far as the outside world goes. That means anytime you’re in public and that includes school. You and I and your mother will discuss when you’ll be able to start living outwardly as a girl. At home, and in other private settings, you should always try to live in your female mode. Is that understood?”

Brian and his mother both nodded. His mother reached over, putting a hand on his, and smiled.

“This is a big step, really, once these drugs begin working, your ability to father children, should you at age 20, for instance, find a girl you liked and wanted to marry, you’d likely not be able to give her children, Brian. You have to think about that.”

Brian looked apprehensively at his mother and said:

“I don’t think that could happen doctor. The more I think of it, the more I’d like to be the mother and to be able to have a baby.”

Dr. Benedict gave a short laugh and then smiled. “When we’re done, medical science will make you a complete woman if every way, Brian, but one. We still haven’t figured out how to make it possible for a person who was born male to be able to give birth to a child.”

“Maybe it’ll be possible in the future,” Brian said.

“Maybe so, Brian, but for now we don’t know how to do that.”

“At least I can dream about it,” Brian said.

*****
Mark Eaton said he understood why Brian had turned down the idea of going to the movies as Bailey; in fact, Brian suspected, the boy was happy about the decision. Brian began to suspect that the invitation came at the height of Mark’s passion — amidst all the kissing and cuddling that Saturday — and was made on the spur of the moment. To be sure, Brian also was somewhat relieved by the fact that such a date would not occur soon.

The dream of being a lovely girl on the arm of a handsome boy still tantalized him; maybe that would come in the future.

His friendships with Amanda and Janet, however, continued to thrive. Amanda and he spent much time together, both working out at her home and, until the sessions ended, in the Saturday group. Janet and Brian, on the other hand, began spending lots of time talking about two items: women’s fashions and the environment. It was a strange combination of issues that seemed to fuel Janet’s always active mind, and Brian found the discussions with his friend to be most stimulating.

“Simple is beautiful,” Janet exclaimed. “And it’s good for the environment, too.”

Brian and Janet had both tried their hand at designing some clothes, first on paper and later by turning to the sewing machine and the cutting table to create their own outfits.

“You have a lovely touch, Brian,” Janet’s mom told him one day when they were at her place designing clothes. “I’ve never known a boy to take such an interest in fashion.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Gleason,” he said, wondering whether the woman’s comments were meant to embarrass him.

“Really, Brian, there’s nothing wrong with being interested in fashions,” she said, perhaps sensing his discomfort. “The world’s best designers are usually men. Think of Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger.”

Brian’s first creation was a light blue chiffon dress he made for Janet; it was a simple design, modified from a pattern he found in a magazine. The dress included a high waist, a moderately high bodice, with a layered look. The dress flowed plainly beneath the waist to just above the knee. In all, the effect was to give Janet a more full-bodied look to fill out her elfin figure. It took several weeks for Brian to finish it and he was eager for Janet to try it on.

“I love it, Brian,” Janet said, kissing him lightly on the cheek. “You’re a genius with the sewing machine.”

She ran out of her bedroom to show her mother, Brian following.

“Why darling, that’s adorable on you,” Mrs. Gleason said. “Is that your creation, Brian?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“It does marvels for you Janet,” her mother said. “And Brian you seem to have such a good fashion sense. How could you possibly know that would look so nice on Janet?”

“I don’t know, Mrs. Gleason,” he said. “It just seemed I needed to give her a fuller look. I hope it works for her.”

“Oh it does, honey,” she said to Brian. “What do I owe you for this?”

“Nothing, it’s just my first dress and I hoped somebody might actually wear it.”

“Oh don’t be silly, Brian, a customized dress like that would cost over $100 anywhere,” Mrs. Gleason said.

“No it’s my gift, ma’am.”

“At least I should pay for the material,” she said.

Brian shook his head ‘no.’

“Tell you what, Brian, the Fashion Girl store is having a special showing of girl’s clothes next week at Claude’s Restaurant. It’s that fancy place on University Avenue, and why don’t I treat you and your mom and you could join Janet and myself for the show.”

Brian looked at Mrs. Gleason, and then at Janet, who was trying to suppress a giggle. He was horrified. He was supposed to model in that show, a fact that only Janet and Amanda knew about.

“Oh I don’t think Brian would enjoy that, mother,” Janet said, in an obvious lame attempt to stifle the idea.

“I think he would, darling. Wouldn’t you darling?”

The exchange gave Brian time to collect his thoughts, and he said: “That’s a week from next Saturday, Mrs. Gleason, and I’m sorry but mom and I have another engagement then.”

“Oh that’s too bad,” Janet’s mother said, adding quickly. “I still owe you Brian, so I think I’ll call your mother and maybe the four of us can do something else. It’ll be on me, of course.”

Brian let out a sigh of relief. Trying to mix his girl’s life while pretending he was a boy was getting mighty complicated.

*****
“Your daughter is trimming down nicely,” Claire at the Fashion Girl store looked at Amy Kendall as she and Brian arrived for a photo shoot.

“Yes, Claire, I think the aerobics class, some dieting and taking care of herself has helped a lot,” Amy said.

“And I feel so good now, too,” Brian added with a smile. He was dressed in a new pair of tight-fitting jeans that seemed to form nicely on his butt and legs, and was wearing pink tennis shoes along with a purple peasant blouse with white piping. His breasts were neatly packed inside the blouse, with a small bit of cleavage showing.

“Well, you may be taking yourself out of Teen Plus-sized clothes soon, Bailey,” Claire said. “But you really have lovely legs, and perhaps you can still do some modeling for us, dear.”

“I’ve really enjoyed doing this, Miss Claire,” he said. “I hope to continue.”

“I’m sorry, dear,” she replied. “You’ll remember I told you that these assignments for girls your age are really only for a short time, since you all grow so fast at that age.”

“I know, but I don’t think I’ll ever be as skinny as models have to be,” he said.

“Probably not dear, but you have a very photogenic face, and the photographers love working with you. I’ll try to keep you involved someway, Bailey.”

“Thank you, Miss Claire.”

“Well, thank you and your mother for being so courageous, dear,” Claire said. “I knew I was taking a gamble on you and it would have been a disaster if anybody ever figured out you were a boy underneath. But, we’re so pleased with the result. I think your image helped us sell lots of outfits. In fact, the ones you modeled tended to sell-out.”

“She tried hard to be a good model for you, Claire,” his mother said.

“I know she did, and she easily was the best girl we had in this project,” Miss Claire said, giving Brian a short, friendly hug.

For the moment, Brian couldn’t have been happier.

(To be continued)

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First kiss...

Andrea Lena's picture

...and a bit more. I hope for Bailey's sake that Mark, who appears to be a nice boy, would slow down a bit and be just a little more selfless in this beginning relationship with so much for the girl to balance just in discovering herself. I suppose I'm just being a protective mom, aye? Sweet story getting more precious by the moment. Thank you, Katherine!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Janet's Mum - Katherine

Will she read him at the photo shoot?

And will his designer dress be recognised?

Maybe he can start his own label?

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I missed something?

I thought their HR dept. rejected Bailey?

Oooops!

The author's face is red, and it's not due to a cute girlish blush, but rather with embarrassment over forgetting what she wrote from one chapter to the next. I appreciate OddPOV's sharp eye and apologize to the readers. As soon as time permits, I'll correct the story to be consistent, perhaps by having Brian called in as a replacement for one of the models who got sick, with the HR Department giving in. (My experience with HR people is that they're hard to move off a point, but oh well!)

There's no excuse for this error and I apologize to the readers. In explanation, however, I am forced to sandwich my writing into brief sessions of 45 minutes or so, spread out over weeks. An inordinately busy family and work life interferes as I'm sure it does with many writers here.

I appreciate all who read these stories and hope you enjoy them as much as I do writing them.

Correction Made

The story should now be consistent. I re-wrote the second segment of the story (after the first set of asterisks and beginning with the words "Several nights later . . ." This will get Bailey back as a model.

No big deal,

I am enjoying the story. I will go back and reread the corrections (of course). Glad I could help.

I started the Foster Mom's New Daughter, and got diverted here instead. I'll finish it too I expect when I'm done.

Baily having breast bothers me a little, but gynecomastia is not too unusual for that age. I do feel Mom should have had Baily to the family doc (or a specialist) to have it checked out, this is what concerned Mom's do. I am no medical expert myself, but if my son had something like this I would want answers. The fact it works in her favor for where she wants to go is good, but you would want to know if there is any medical dangers involved.

Women go to the doctor at the drop of a hat, while men wait until their symptoms are life threatening. For women, this carries over to their children.

Women go to the doctor...

So not true!

My mother is as bad as I am about going to a doctor. And we're not "waiting until our symptoms are life threatening" we're "waiting until someone else drags us there kicking and screaming that it really isn't that bad!"

The only times I've EVER been to a doctor are when someone else decides it's for my own good that they drag me there by force. My mom's the same, at least half my sisters are the same, heck, there IS no gender divide on this in my family, we're ALL like this.

And you know what the difference probably is? Affordability. My family's always been dirt poor, and had lack-luster to no insurance coverage. We already know that Bailey's family is in financial straights, so it really does not surprise me in the least that her mom might avoid doctors visits unless something is seen to be particularly threatening.

Abigail Drew.