TransBike- Renewal

Printer-friendly version
TransBike- Renewal
By Stanman63
2012-Short Story Month
-Second Chances
SynopsisA student finds herself thanks to a visit to the mall.

[-][+][-]
I've always known that I wanted to be a girl, but until recently, had to endure being in a male body. My parents went bankrupt when their restaurant was flattened by a hurricane and the insurance company refused to pay up. That forced them to move us into a studio apartment that his father owned. Now daddy is working as the manager of the warehouse underneath filled with a variety of junk from all over.

My brother looked like Daddy, but I looked like Momma, which I really liked. Going to school, we wore the castoff uniforms donated to the school. That helped us to stretch the family budget along with other programs that let us join in the extracurricular activities that got my brother an athletic scholarship and me my academic scholarship. With the savings from our after school and summer jobs, we both had the funds to buy our cars and not rely on Daddy's refitted M*A*S*H ambulance he used for hauling stuff, or Momma's Vega wagon. No, my brother got himself a sturdy VW Beetle van and I got me a VW 'Herbie' in gold.

Upon graduation, I entered college as D.B. Burke-female thanks to a clerical error on my birth certificate that listed me as a female. Now, I could live the life that economics had denied me by going ahead and start taking the hormones and blockers that I'd been prescribed. Best of all, I could freely wear all of those girl's uniforms that I'd been denied. I knew that my family would support me, but actually seeing me in public a a girl would be a First.
[-][+][-]
I'd gone to the mall to get my prescriptions when I saw a Dapper Gentleman was sitting in front of his shop.

"Hello, sweet lady, my I help you in any way this fine day?"

"I don't know. What is this TransBike?."

"A most wondrous way for you to realize who you really are, Debbie."

"How????"

"Dear Lady, TransBike knows who you want to be."

"Are you a Magician?"

"No, simply a Gentleman out to help you find your true self."

"What must I do?"

"Ride the TransBike and believe. Then you will be who you want to be."

"What of the past?"

"It too will change if you wish."
[-][+][-]
Now I am the woman I always wanted to be.
[-][+][-]
Finis

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos