Dear Diary

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary,

Being a girl is a beautiful thing.

by Beyogi - 2012

23.06.2100:
Dear diary,

Today mom and mommy kind of forced me to start you. A short while ago I was a boy, but that was before menkind lost the gender war and we were captured. It’s not like we ever had a chance, but at least we fought. It didn’t do much good, but at least they didn’t get to wipe out manliness without a fight. However, after we had been captured the Feminist Front for Female Liberation decided they wanted to be better than men and not just kill all of us.

They transformed us into girls and we got distributed to foster families. My family is quite nice, mom is an important scientist and mommy works at a beauty salon and knows everything about being a girl. She’s my great example. I feel… no I know I want to be like her one day. I can’t wait to start school again so I can meet many new friends.

I heard something quite funny on the news feed. The Matriarchal Council is trying to reach a consensus on how to tax nail polish. I’m glad the hard times of war are over and we now have such small problems.

05.08.2100:
Dear diary,

Today was my first day in school. I restarted my education in tenth grade, that’s where the Feminist Committee for Reintegration of Sub-humans placed me. The principal gave a captivating speech and reminded us of the utmost importance of spreading female values. She suggested we take on a profession to beautify the world and rid it of the last remainders of the male plague. It was good that she reminded us of the necessity of submitting to the wisdom of our superiors and supporting them as much as we possibly can.

I think I made up my mind about my future profession — I will become a beautician like mommy. This will hopefully allow me to remove the remainders of my male stench. But that isn’t my only reason. Ever since mommy showed me the art of makeup, I’m totally fascinated with it. I think nail polish is the best. Painting intricate art on the small space of a nail is the highest art and I want to become a mistress.

Today I also made many new friends. All my classmates were once male and are now totally happy to be females. Well, except Janine, but she is strange. She doesn’t want to go out to beautify the world as soon as she can, but follow a career in academics. Maybe we were a bit mean in ostracizing her, but we don’t want to get infected by her madness. Seriously, who wants to read books when she can talk about the newest fashion and the cutest dresses?

30.06.2101:
Dear diary,

Finally school is over and I can begin learning my profession. My grades weren’t all that good and I’m a bit sad about it. I remember I’d been quite good at school as a boy, but on the other hand it’s not all that important for my future profession. I don’t need awesome grades to become a beautician, I just need eyes to see and a heart filled with beauty. I’m sure I have those, since my friends often beg me for a makeover.

Janine graded top of the class, but she didn’t become valedictorian. She just lacks the sense of beauty. I think the reintegration committee also realized that… I hear the rumor they sent her to a spirit healer to make her see the need for beauty. I really hope the healer will be able to help her. I always felt sad for her, I hope she’ll get better.

I think I will be able to learn with mommy. I heard the salon she works at needs a new helper and this may be an important step on becoming a great beautician. I really hope I’ll get that chance. I wouldn’t know what to do else. I might work as a maid, but I don’t know if I have the necessary skills.

29.02.2102:
Dear diary,

I’m so glad to be with mistress. I don’t know why an important member of the matriarchal council went to our lowly beauty salon, but she did. They sent me to serve her and serve her I did. I knew I was one of the best beauticians in the salon, but mistress was really impressed. She asked me to become her personal maid and I couldn’t say no. I still feel honored to be chosen by her, I still can’t believe I am honored to serve and support one of our revered leaders personally. I actually passed out in shock when she offered.

My duties are to clean mistress' mansion and tend to all her needs. She has her personal cooks, but I get the honor to serve her meals. I also work as her personal beautician and sometimes she even invites me into her bed. But she’s quite strict. She beats me with a rod when I mess up. I feel guilty confessing this, but it really hurts and I try everything to avoid it. I should search beauty for itself, not to escape punishment. Maybe I should ask mistress to punish me for these thoughts.

The rebirth as a girl was the best thing that ever happened to me. I finally got to see the true worth of beauty and to support my betters. I can’t believe I was able to survive as a male. I think I would commit suicide if I was returned to my old form. I’m truly happy to be a girl.

***

I just got the idea for this little story tonight and it didn't let me sleep until I finished it. I didn't have someone edit it, so there will be mistakes, but I hope you can forgive me.
I actually planed to write a more balanced "female victory" story for this contest, but I didn't manage to finish it on time, so I guess this has to do. Although I think it's quite sad, I hope you still liked it and will leave me some comments. If you want to point out mistakes in spelling or grammar please sent me a pm, but I'll be greatfull for every comment - even if you hated it ;)

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

An interesting take,

I tend to believe Heinlein's assertion that the reason that the war of the sexes never took off is fraternization amongst the enemy.

Slavery seems to have made a major return, but given it is alive and well now (just underground) it is not too surprising.

Still, one wonders where the babies come from, and whether this is a local or worldwide thing.

Keep em coming girl. Thanks for #29!

Well you can remove the

Well you can remove the fraternization problem by changing the sexuality. If someone is capable of such brainwashing, I doubt they'd have problems changing who you're attracted to.

They invented artificial semen. Men are no longer needed and the female supremacists figured that those now useless and evil males should just be removed from the world. The final solution for patriachy. It's sort of a worldwide thing.

thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

O_O

Before I say these things, note that I do not find your story offensive in any way shape or form. Nor do I find your writing lacking. With that said mew, honestly this "new world" sounds boring as hell. No men? Really? I think I'd kill myself, men are needed, even if you aren't attracted to them, men bring something interesting to the world. Every gender, male, female, both, neither, other all are needed to bring about the wondrous world of ours.

To remove any one gender would make this world... not worth living in. What a horrifying alternate reality, the worst part is that they have no souls or brains of their own, they're simply reprogrammed. Even as a woman, I would have fought against such a world. The world would be so boring, you might as well blow it up because it's useless.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

I'm glad you feel that way.

I'm glad you feel that way. The ex-men have become a total carricature for what a woman is. Submissive like hell, obediant, hard-working and a one track mind fixed on beauty and servitude. I guess I wrote this as a persiflage on those female supremacy stories. There is no better or worse with gender, it only enrichens humanity. Taking away one of those won't improve the world, but making it a soulless husk.

The protagonist would have fought too, if she could realize what had been done to her. The "humane final solution" is way worse than just killing them would have been.

thank you for your comment, I totally agree with your final assesment.
Beyogi

Dear Diary

Unless they have a way to procreate without men, humanity will become extinct in about a century

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It's enough time I think

90 years is a long time. I think it's believable enough that they managed to invent artificial semen. Humanity might have still died...

thank you for your comment,
Beyogi

O_O The horror! =0

Extravagance's picture

They don't even have MegaTomboys to take over the former "male jobs"! = (
...Not that I'd support them if they did. Even if MegaTomboys could do EVERYTHING a man can do, including getting other females pregnant, I'd still have fought like a tiger (literally) to save the men. MegaTomboys may be totally kickass, but we're just not the same as actual men.
I'm with princesschelsea on that one, that we need men in society even if we weren't attracted to them and didn't need them for reproduction.

It seems quite odd that you'd come out with something like this, given your comments on the "evolution" story. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Um... they sort of have a

Um... they sort of have a replacement for males. It's just not important for the protagonist. She has a mission to beautify the world, and male jobs aren't really beautiful ;)
I'm glad you're a defender of maleness, so it'll never become as bad as described in the diary.

It may seem kind of strange after my comments on 'evolution', but I wanted to display a society were female supremacists had won. No way that supremacists would let the spawn of their eternal enemy achieve any powerful position in their society. This kind of feminist may talk high and claim moral reasons for why women are better than men, but in the end they're just the same scum as the males they like to criticize.
With this story I wanted to display the aftermath of a genderwar, without building a world around it and let the supremacists have their hate filled speeches. Reading 'Evolution' I wonder what it would be like to be an emasculated pee-boy and your only chance to return to normalicy would mean to risk abortion and brainwashing.

I just wanted to show it not from a member of the ruling elite, but from a brainwashed grunt, who doesn't even realize what has been done to him/her. I doubt the world would be a better one. Women are as or even more cruel than men and the drawbacks of matriarchies... Well they work fine for tribe cultures. The protagonist won't see it though. She will be happy to do her insignificant job in her insignificant life. Chauvinism is never ok and if we don't fight it in all forms it may very well take over society and end like this.

I'm writing another version of this story - I started to write that one first ;) - where women are a bit more rational and the gender war started earlier.

thank you for your thoughts on my story,
Beyogi

As long as MegaTomboys are around,

Extravagance's picture

Feminazis will be without influence. They will be trembling in their bunkers. If they sweat as well as tremble, that'll only make it easier for us to sniff 'em out. ...And then, it depends on the type of MegaTomboy. ;)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

I'm glad...

...to hear so many lament such a future. Though they seem to lament it for rather selfish reasons. I think it is rather tragic that the feminist movement like all other organizations spill over their logical boarders sometimes into the absurd.

Have you ever read

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

The Last Hawk, by Catherine Asaro? A very interesting “take” on what a matriarchal future society might look like, and some serious food for thought.