Images 35

Printer-friendly version

Images 35

Chapter 35

I almost feel ashamed that I never really did much about Remembrance Day before in my life. I don’t like I was that self absorbed even with all the stuff going on as Jaime. Today is an eye opener. I cry for things I hear from the old timers come in and I think I hugged Daddy five or six times.

He’s there for this and he talks to a lot of the veteran’s that have come in and sits ad talks with them. He’s been there himself, he’s seen those things that you just can’t unsee…or stop feeling.

Njinda’s mother’s here and talking with them too. I tear up when I hear her saying things like.

“T’ank you sirs if you hadn’t been the kinda men who boys like Johnny ere grew up wit den there might not be da goood like him who wear the blur beret’s and come into places to save us now.”

It’s partly about Daddy but it’s also about them and seeing them getting the respect the really do deserve and the way that they sit a bit different and a little taller even when their eyes are glassy with unshed tears.

It was a day that by the end of it I really kind of felt different for being part of a lot more.

It’s so funny the way we see ourselves sometimes. I never even had though today would have meant so much to me but it did.

A lot of my life’s been like that now. It’s like being Jaime was this cracked lens that I couldn’t help but to see the world through and now that I’m the real me or close to it the images of real life are so much cleared.

It’s a nice thing too.

I know I’m sounding pretty reflective but I get that way when I’m by myself, especially when I’m doing laundry. I like doing this too; just being a regular girl doing regular stuff and it makes me happy as much as it makes me reflective.

My arm is aching though and it’s a challenge still doing some stuff but it’s healing nicely. Or that’s what the physiotherapist has said. I’m glad that there’s been no permanent damage except for another nasty scar to add to my collection.

Tay’s so good about stuff like my scars. I’ve got more than my fair share of them from being Jaime and playing football to the beating my stepfather gave me and the group home wasn’t a picnic either then the car and now this.

I guess it’s a good thing there’s still part of me that feels that being myself, being Jenna is still such a trade off that these scars don’t really matter and that just the chance to be myself makes all the difference.

But Taylor…

He changes everything.

He loves me.

But he makes me feel like I’m beautiful.

Like when we’ve made love and we’ve been asleep after our snuggling up and cuddling I wake feeling him touching me. He’ll just lay there beside me and with one finger just spend all this time drawing imaginary things on my skin.

Or like right now when he wraps me up in a great big hug and he leans in and he smells me…runs his face over my shoulder and back, I can hear the long but soft inhale. It’s something special you know when they do that when they want to hold you and to fill their senses with you.

He nibbles on my outside shoulder, slides his lips and some of that blonde scruff/stubble over my collar bone to get to my neck and to kiss there and suckle and kiss some more and I know he’s giving me a hickie but I don’t care. I want one; I’ll show that off proudly.

“Mmmm, you know I’m going to be giving you one of those back mister.”

“Good, I like it when you suck on my neck.”

“I thought that was something else.”

“Oh that too…you’re the best I’ve ever had do that for me Jen.”

“Good, I do try y’know.”

“Yeah…I really wish I was better at returning the favor though.”

“You do Tay, you do just a lot higher up and it feels amazing.”

“Good, I want you to feel amazing all the time Jenna.”

“I do honey, I get to feel loved, and treasured, to feel like I’m a real person and not some mental delusion or something.”

“Hey, you’re not.” He hugs me tighter for awhile and spoons against me then rocks us back and forth. “One of those days?”

“Sort of just overthinking the differences between me and when I was Jaime.”

He lets go long enough to turn me around and take my chin in my hand and kiss me deeply. Then stare down into my eyes with those gorgeous eyes of his and says.

“I love you. I love that girl I see all the time when I close my eyes and you’re there in the wet dress and the ruined make-up. You were Stunning and Lovely and Amazing even then. And GIRL you’ve changed everything going on with me and you’ve stayed beside me, and you’ve loved me even when it was terrifying. You are the love of my life Jenna, you’re my wife and my best friend…and you are exactly who you were always meant to be.”

He kisses me again and when he breaks it I hug him and bury my face into his chest. No, I’m not crying it just feels good to do that as I’m hugging him, and sliding my hands into his back pockets.

“Thank you…god thank you Tay. I know the neurotic t-girl is so not what any guy really signs up for but it really just helps so much that you tell me stuff like that.”

“I know…It’s why I got you to show me all that stuff, those sites. Jenna I love that about you. I love that you overthink stuff and that yeah you’re never going to be like a GG most of the time just because of who you are but that doesn’t change you being the woman that I love. I think that you being that different, that you think the way that you do is why I love you.”

I tighten my hug on him this time around. “I got really lucky when I walked in here that night.”

“You’re the lucky one?” he stare at me so intensely and his fingertips just slip through me hair as he says. “I’d be dead now if it wasn’t for you.”

“Tay…you don’t…”

“Yeah, I do Jenna. I know it right down to the deepest part of me that if your weren’t here, in my life…making me fall head over heels in love with you and giving me something to really fight for…I wouldn’t be here.”

There is something so heart wrenchingly honest in those eyes and the feeling just pumping out of my heart.

“Taylor…”

“Jen…it’ll never ever matter to me what you were or what you are or how you look…right now or even fifty years from now you’ll always be my everything.”

I just can’t help those great big huge tears that spill out and I jump up into his grip and he holds me as I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him.

It was just one of those…

You ever know, absolutely know that something was completely true?

I do.

And he lifts me up and set’s me on the corner of the wash counter and he keeps kissing me and then his hands slip up my shirt and he undoes my bra and I wriggle, move, shimmy out of it. I’m in a scoop necked top and he just sort of pulls that down from my shoulder leaving my breasts exposed to his touch….his mouth…his kisses.

It’s all just so beautiful…

I am falling deeper and deeper in love with Taylor and it just honestly feels to me like nothing I’ve every felt even before now…even on our wedding night…it’s this dead certain feeling of this is right, because Taylor is my soulmate. He’s my for real and my for true.

It’s crazy and I can feel it like it’s absolutely true that we were literally made for each other. As we stare into each other and touch each other and we kiss each other and we make love.

It’s all so bittersweet…

As perfect as everything is, as much as this is just beyond words I can feel that need to really be me and whole so when that truth hits us again I can really be with him the way he deserves…and the way that I want to.

It’s such a…I want to be me to be whole so much it hurts, it makes me cry, it’s hard to breathe through that ache of what I want so much right now, immediately now urgency…but it’s far from happening yet.

But Taylor’s love makes it so much better, and him making me feel so loved and so happy and it’s so powerful I ache wanting to be whole all over again.

I feel like I’m going crazy inside.

……………………………………..It’s a good thing I was doing some of the bedding because we ended up in it all over the floor of the laundry room. I dozed off to deep dreams of being complete and being with Taylor and all those things that’d come with that too and he’s holding me close to him when I wake up and my eyes are crusty and I know I was crying. I almost cry a bit more feeling his hand resting right over my heart. I feel him kiss the back of my neck.

“Hey…”

“Hey back…”

“Any better?”

“Yes, no…god Taylor I just want to really be me, be done and complete and everything.”

“I know, and it’ll happen honey, it will.”

“Not fast enough…it just hurts so much even when I’m happy.”

“I know but its part of the whole trade off.”

“Trade off?”

“Yeah, you said that all of you girls get like this, that even after surgery and transitioning that you get like this well its normal.”

“Going through this isn’t normal.”

“Yes it is.”

“How do you figure?” I roll over to look at him and prop myself up on my good arm.

“It’s a mood that only you girls can have, that only you girl get so I kind of figure it’s like TG-PMS.”

“Taylor!!!”

I start slapping him and kicking him and he rolls me and pins me then starts to tickle me and I’m trying to get away and screaming him name. “Taylor!, No!, No! Taylor! Unfair, I’m calling shenanigans!”

“Hey, made you smile.”

“Yeah, you’re so good at that.”

He kisses me again. “Okay, let’s just take our minds off of all of this.” He grabs one of his ball caps and put’s it on backwards, then one of his blue flannel shirts and smiles at me. “Let’s go upstairs and we’ll order up a mess of Chinese food and we can watch the third season of that shore you like the Gilmore Girls.”

He scoops me up fast with the blankets and everything and tosses me over his shoulder.

“C’mon Lorelei.”

I scream even as I’m laughing and we’re headed upstairs. “Luke!”

Okay, no wonder I’m totally in love with this guy.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

TG-PMS.

Oh yeh. Boy, do we ever get that. This was fantastic, amazing. wonderful, ... words fail to describe just how good this is.

DogSig.png

Thanks Dorothy:)

It was nice to get back to that place where Jenna and Taylor shine:)
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

always great

its just to bad their dinner isn't down the block.
love spending time with them.
thanks

It'd be a nice place to go to:)

They sure would like everyone to show.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

YAY! More Images

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Great to see Tay and Jenna again. The more I see of Tay the more I love him, he's just such a wonderful person. *sigh*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Taylor's certainly a great guy.

I like the fact he really wants to get the way that Jenna feels whether up or down:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Nice Chapter!

It's nice to just see them being a mostly normal couple in love. You don't really have a bunch of major drama every day, most of the time life can be a bit boring.

Jenna's anguish is something many of us can sympathize with, but she's so fortunate to have someone who loves, understands and accepts her. I think that may be why I like this story so much.

Wren

Drama for the sake of drama isn't good for a story or

for that matter the relationship in a story if you keep having these kind of things happen then it should tear at the family really. Jenna would love a boring life, she's been through so much already that she's ready for a long break in her life.

And there are a lot of T-girls that have bouts of that anguish and over thinking things even post op. Taylor just wants to and try to be there and be her understanding husband.

*Big Hugz*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hmm...

Extravagance's picture

Since Jenna is not complete yet, did Taylor give her a thorough ANALysis? = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Yes, but they'd never talk about it like that.

Jenna's therapist has told her that it's alright if she enjoys sex like that. It's not a gay thing it's just one of the currently available intimate outlets and her and Taylor being intimate is important to her psyche as a woman.

*Huggles and scratches.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Well, of course! = )

Extravagance's picture

Even if a man fucked me up the ass, it still wouldn't be non-heterosexual. I may be mega-boyish, but my spirit is still more wommon than man.
I'm just a crude MegaTomboy, ...but I'm endearingly crude, right? = )
*Seductive Tail Swish* :)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Totally right:)

It's all about the mental aspects and the emotional parts of who a person is inside.
*More Huggles*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Again

you have touched an old vet's soul... She should wear all battle scars with pride as she perservered over all the A-holes as she well should..... I have to say that I understand the love she & Taylor share It is truly a blessing

Thanks and Hugs:)

Jenna's trying really hard still to find that pride in herself. She's like a lot of T-people in that way shaken by what they are and further shaken by the crap that comes/came with it. Though her Dad and family and Taylor are a huge help.

*More Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Thank you

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us here. It has taken me a week to read and re-read the entire story to make sure I had everything straight. I wish there were more people like everyone here as the world would be so much better off.

Again Thank you Bailey, may your muse never cease to whisper encouraging thoughts to you.

The answers to all of life's questions can be found in the face of a true friend

Thank You so Much Jayme Ann

I'm very, very glad that you liked this so much:) To put all that time and energy into reading the series is a huge compliment for me and I do agree on the way that these people are in the story. My Muse isss going well I just got done PMing Jonelle:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Is it OK to be jealous of both of them?

At the same time?
Great story! At last name become clear enough.
I promise to go through whole story clicking "Good story" button soon, but you can count on 30+ virtual (at the moment) Kudo's :-)
Thanks!

Racr (Sometimes quite manic ;-) )