Wild Magic 25

Printer-friendly version

Nothing cool happened at school today-whether that’s a good thing or not kinda depends on your circumstances, I guess. I did experiment a little with my telepathy, but there were really no great secrets, just a lot of normal teenage considerations.

I’ll admit, it was interesting. There were, of course, several people who would fit into stereotypes, like girls who thought about boys, fashion, boys, the coming weekend, and of course, boys, and the guys who thought about little more than sex. There were more exceptions than I would have thought. For example, Grace worked through some complicated equations while a beautiful piano piece she had been practicing ran through her mind.

Some of the cheerleaders confirmed my belief that contrary to stereotype, they were actually very good students, although there was a girl who was very worried about whether or not her boyfriend would like her new lipstick. More guys than I would have thought had several things going through their brains. Cars, basketball, homework and yes, girls were major figures in the boys thoughts.

I did scan Tim’s mind, just for fun. He was worried about understanding his trigonometry and remembering his German language presentation. I also caught more than a few thoughts about a certain sophomore gal I was very familiar with. Oh God, he had actually thought about ENGAGEMENT RINGS?

I quickly pulled back into my own brain, and I was very surprised, but also very thankful. My Tim actually felt about me pretty much the same way that I thought about him. That gave me a very nice, warm feeling, which was quickly interrupted by some very strong, very disturbing thoughts about me, chained in a basement in some fetish clothes, being whipped while I did several disgusting things. Ewww!

I looked around to see where these intense and deranged thoughts were coming from, and saw Brad Mallory, the perv. Wow, maybe I should keep an eye on his guy...I know that if a girl from our area should ever “mysteriously” disappear, I’m going to be looking for Brad. Even when I was Gabe, I suspected that Mallory was more than a little disturbed, but...Wow.

When I saw Debi at lunch, I decided to scan her, and I was surprised to discover that I could tell she had magic! I knew that she did, of course, but it was interesting to see that it was so obvious.

We were talking about what I had been doing, and Debi sighed.

“I really wish I could get my Mom to start my training.” She said with a dejected look.
“She’s always busy with her coven project. Sometimes I think she’d be happier if I wasn’t even around.”

“Oh, you know that’s not true, Deb.” I told her. “Your Mom’s just really absorbed in whatever the business is with the coven. I don’t know what it would be but I wouldn’t be
surprised if she...” I stopped talking as I suddenly had a quick vision.

“Emily? Are you okay? Emily?” Debbie seemed a bit worried.

“I-I’m okay, Deb, I just had a vision, and it surprised me.”

“What did you see?”

“I’m not really sure...I have to try to figure out just what it was I saw. It was kind of confusing, but I think I was in some kind of office, and I was working on some paperwork.”

“Was it a nice office? I mean, were you behind a desk, or in a cubicle? Were you alone, or in a room with a lot of people?”

“I was alone behind a nice desk. It looked kind of fancy, and the papers seemed important. I...I think maybe I was in charge, somehow.”

“In charge of what? Try to remember the details-what color was the room, did it have windows, was it a familiar room?”

“It was a blue room with a wooden desk, not huge but comfortable, with a computer kind of off to my right and some papers in front of me. The room had a familiar feel, but it was at the same time strange, as though I was in someone’s place or something like that.”

“Weird,” she said. “Maybe if you go home and relax, you might see more of it. Do you meditate at all?”

“Grandma has me meditate for at least an hour every afternoon, except for Tuesday and Thursday, when I have yoga.”

“So when you meditate, try to focus on your vision. Maybe you’ll see something that will tell you more.”

‘Okay, I’ll try.” We were almost to her house, and I pulled into her drive. “See you in the morning, it’s going to be raining.”

She smiled. “Seeing the future again? I’ll look for you, have a good night.”

I backed out if her driveway and headed home. How had I known about the weather for tomorrow? Was this precognition getting so easy I didn’t even know if I was using it?

I was very thoughtful when I pulled into the driveway at home. There were things happening in my life that I really wasn’t comfortable with. Precognition is a strange thing. If you use precog to warn yourself, then change something to avoid the problem, then what did you see?

Grandma says what I actually see is “strong possibilities,” but that these are still changeable, so a precog is never completely dependable. The stronger I feel about something, the more likely it is.

This does make me a bit nervous about my predictions about Tim and I, but I’ve decided to have faith and take it slow. Nothing is certain, of course, but I feel very confident in our relationship.

I walked into the house and saw Grandma working on some bread for dinner.

“I had a vision today, but I don’t know what it means. I saw myself in a blue room behind a desk. I felt that I was somehow in charge, but I have no idea what I was in charge of.”

“What kind of blue are we talking about, sweetheart?”

“A bright, medium blue, kinda like Dad’s old Chevy. I didn’t see any windows, but I could see a rug that had a bunch of different blues that went around in an oval shape. The desk looked like oak, and there was a blue telephone on the desk. There was a wood bookcase with several books on it, and I felt weird, kind of like I was supposed to be there, but it was new and uncomfortable at the same time.”

“I think things are beginning to make sense to me, Emily. What were you doing when you had this vision?” For some reason, Grandma looked very serious.

“Debbie and I were on our way home, and we were talking about how her Mom is too busy with some Coven business, and she hasn’t been able to teach Debbie anything about her abilities.” I said. “All of a sudden, I saw this vision of me, like a still picture. Debbie suggested I meditate on it, but I thought you might have some ideas.”

“I’m not sure, honey, but some interesting things are coming to mind. Let me think about it, okay? You go get changed so we can do our meditations.”

“Okay, Grandma. I’ll be right back.” I went to my room and put on some comfortable sweat sorts and a tee, my favorite meditation outfit, then went out Grandma. I have to admit, I don’t seem to be feeling the same things as my Grandma when we meditate, but I’m trying. It’s supposed to help me focus, but so far it’s just boring. I’m going to take Debbie’s idea and try to focus on my vision, just to see what happens.

Grandma lit some Sandalwood incense (which smells pretty good-most of the others are a little less pleasant, in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I followed Grandma’s instructions and got into a “Lotus” position (Wow, this body is so flexible), then tried to chant like Grandma. I guess I stopped chanting, but as I focused on my vision, there were many more details. I also felt my Grandma with me, quietly watching my vision as it proceeded.

It was just as I had seen it before, but I noticed some more details, like the plant in the corner and a ring-on my finger! There was a picture of Grandma on the wall, and smaller pictures of my family, including Tim, on my desk, but little else changed. It wasn’t a static picture, sometimes I turned a page or took a drink of some coffee or tea, but really, nothing earth-shaking happened, and I soon drifted back to normality (or reality, however that works).

I looked over at Grandma, and she seemed a little upset, although she said nothing. She got up and left the room, and when I tried to follow her, Mom met me and gave me a hug.

“Grandma’s trying to understand what she saw in your vision, and she needs a little time alone, honey.” Mom told me. I noticed that her eyes seemed a little moist.

Just what had I seen?

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Grandma knows way too much

Teek's picture

Grandma knew that office when she first heard the description, and after joining her meditation, she only had her suspicions confirmed. It was something unsettling to her. Grandma knows way too much, and has known way too much without sharing. When is Emily going to finally pick up on this and demand some answers?

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Yes.

Athena N's picture

She also knows that a couple of days ago her similar behaviour drove Emily to attempting suicide. And Emily's mum seems to be following her lead.

Wild Magic 25

Was that office the Coven Office of Debbie's Mother, or Emily's Gran?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

curiouser and curiouser

Could Debbie's mother somehowbe behind someone trying to control them? What is this coven business that she hasn't even got time to teach her own daughter?
What was Emily's vision?

It'd Be Nice...

...if she noticed/told us how old Tim was in the picture. Presumably if the "family" pictures included future children, we'd have heard about it. I guess "a ring" implies that she's engaged, but not yet married.

What, obviously, we don't know is whether this scene is a couple of years off, when her training has progressed much further, or, say, two weeks from now, which would imply severely dire circumstances, if she is being thrust into an executive role with so little experience -- or so I'd think. (I don't think she'd have her own office unless she had some authority, and given the pictures, this doesn't seem to be a temporary accommodation.)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. (And I really appreciate your making precog visions non-inevitable.)

Eric

CAUTION

Speaking from real experience the closer a vision is to your self or people you love the harder it is to have unbiased perspective as it is to close to the viewer. Details can throw you off by limiting your interpretation to your fears. You can end up at the same place but the road to get there is very different and the outcomes can be startlingly opposite. You can only be the best you can be, and keep your eye on the best turn out. There Intentions will be ultra important. But the author can have other Ideas.

The only bad question is the one not asked.