Phobia

Printer-friendly version

Phobia

Ever been scared of something?

Not just a little scared, but turn-white-and-faint, heart-caught-in-your-chest and soil-your-pants scared?

I had something I was that scared of as a kid. Something that made The Monster In The Closet or The Thing Under The Bed minor inconveniences in comparison.

It was a girl.

It was THE GIRL.

Not that SHE looked scary, or creepy, but just the fact SHE existed at all.

Because SHE was inside my head, always after me to let HER out.

No matter what I did, no matter how many times I prayed and cried for HER to leave me alone, she never did.

SHE would trip me up in the morning, giving me the impression of what SHE would be wearing.

SHE would make me almost go into the girls bathroom at school.

SHE would whisper comments in my ear about what the women’s outfits I saw on TV or in magazines.

And as I would try to sleep, SHE would be there, and I would curl up and shake in fear of HER.

As I got older, I would try and placate HER by cross-dressing occasionally, but it wasnt what SHE wanted.

SHE wanted it all. SHE wanted to live.

Then, one day, the most remarkable thing happened.

I wasn’t scared of HER anymore.

I approached her, we merged, and became one.

Now there isnt a me and HER, there is only me.

The real me.

And bit by bit, I’m undoing the damage I did to myself keeping HER at bay.

And one day, I’ll be whole.

Because I’ll be HER.

At long last.

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This gave me goosebumps

This gave me goosebumps (in a good way).

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

thanks, Sarah

It gave me goosebumps to write.

Thanks for the comment.

DogSig.png

And SHE is You...

You wrote of an eternal and internal struggle I think many of this site have or are likely going though.

And for the FtM, just reverse the gender pronoun in the title. :-)

growingup.jpg
"Sometimes you need a little space to grow up or start over"- Me

thanks, Juliet

Thanks for the comment. And that's a cute pic!

DogSig.png

So true

I can really relate to the last part: "And bit by bit, I’m undoing the damage I did to myself keeping HER at bay."

It's so true.

----------
Jenna

Thanks, Jenna

I'm glad you liked it.

DogSig.png

SATI

Extravagance's picture

That's Stoic Acceptance of The Inevitable. It often helps to ease the mind when something undesirable happens, especially when you reinforce it by looking at the good aspects of the situation.

Catfolk Pride.PNG

interesting idea, Extravagance

I think I've moved past mere acceptance that I'm really a woman. I'm actually enjoying it.

Thanks for the comment.

DogSig.png