Same Blouse

Printer-friendly version

Same Blouse

by shalimar

There are times when Gabriel and I go out to those dance clubs that we score with the girls, other times one of us gets the action while the other gets to see the girl leave alone, or with another guy. Sometimes neither of us gets the brass ring. Tonight was one of those losing nights. What I don't understand about him is that he is so good looking that all the girls should be falling all over him. As for me, I would be considered an excellent consolation prize.

"No luck tonight," I said to Gunny as I grabbed my jacket in this early Fall night to head off to my home.

"No, James," he replied as he also got ready to leave. "We struck out tonight, and when we came in it looked like the bases were loaded."

I was always called James. It was never Jim, Jimmy or anything like that.

"See you in the morning then," he told me.

"I'll be there bright or early," I added with a grin.

As I was a little drunk that night, what I just said was accurate. I didn't know if I could get into work on time or if I did make it early would I have a hangover? Either of those two scenarios seemed to occur too often lately. The result this time was two hours late. I stayed late to make up the time, but my boss, Carole gave me a lecture again.

Working together is a plus. We work in a bank call center selling products on the customer's credit card that the customer doesn't really want. Yes, you guessed it we are telemarketers. The fact that we have been doing this for a few years means that we both make very good money. Gunny owns a house near work and I own a townhouse a little further simply by persuading those who don't want something to buy it.

Gunny, as Gabriel likes to be called, and I met in the same training class when we first started in this company five years ago. Immediately we started dating women from the place. His first encounter was an employee that eventually became a supervisor. She cut the relationship between them because of her promotion. Mine ended because it just didn't seem right between us. We stayed friends. She got married and finally quit her job at our place to take the job of mommy.

So this night I decided to go home and turned in, but that alarm in the morning still woke me way too early. I took a shower, shaved and got dressed in my usual business casual that we are allowed to wear at the call center, and then I drove the ten miles to the office. After I parked, I went to the cafeteria and got my usual breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon and home fries when I get to work on time. As usual, Gunny was right behind me on the short line. His order included cheese melted on his eggs. We talked a little as we waited for our order. It seemed like it would be a typical day at work.

However, when we started working it was the start of some strange things that began to happen. About a half an hour later, Gloria, one of my team coworkers, arrived. She is a very beautiful girl and always dresses sexy. I get a hard on just looking at those luscious curves she has. I had tried for her at one time, but I was already too late. She was engaged at the time and now is married. Gunny and I were at her wedding. They are going to have some gorgeous children, as her husband's looks are even better than Gunny or mine.

"Hey, James," Gunny told me. "You and Gloria are wearing the same thing!"

I looked at what my best friend was talking about and saw that we were both wearing yellow short sleeve knits. But that's the only thing that was the same with what we were wearing. Mine was an Izod with three buttons. Her knit, which I later found out is called a keyhole, showed her breasts nicely. Also, I don't wear skirts, and hers was about two inches above the knee.

"They're just the same color," I responded.

"Do you shop in the Misses department or do you use the boutiques?"
Gloria asked me.

We all laughed and went back to work. I did well that day and received a daily bonus that added to my income. What bothered me though occurred when I needed to use the bathroom that afternoon. While washing my hands I noticed in the mirror that somehow my shirt had turned into the same blouse that Gloria wore. Stranger still was the fact that nobody other than Gunny noticed anything different either before or after I used the bathroom, or at least nobody said anything, except Gloria.

"We can't wear the same thing," she said when I was leaving for the day. "Let me know the next time you are going to wear that blouse."

"Well, yeah," I said, embarrassed.

"Although I AM jealous," she continued. "You look fabulous."

I smiled. For some reason I liked what she told me. However, when I got home I immediately took off that "blouse" and looked for something that was more masculine. When I looked in my dresser drawer I was shocked. What I was wearing might just be the most masculine shirt in that drawer. In fact, you definitely could say many were blouses. There were those with buttons were on the "wrong" side. There were feminine collars and sleeves. Some even had the breast darts. Determined to buy some shirts later that week, I put my "blouse" back on, had dinner and watched some television before going to bed early and starting the same routine again of waking up sleep and getting ready for work.

After getting breakfast and starting work, Gunny said to me, "I didn't know you wore nail polish."

I looked at my hands and sure enough there was ruby red nail polish on my nails. I tried to hide my hands throughout the day, but several of the women came to me and said how the polish made my hands look prettier. For some reason, I actually liked hearing those comments. By the time I left for the day I had changed my mind about removing the polish.

Before I left work, I made arrangements with Gunny to meet him at the club that evening. On the way home I bought some more of that nail polish and some polish remover for when my polish started to get ratty. But how did I know what color to get?

Again we danced with a few of the girls that night. Again neither of us scored. But what surprised me that early Fall night was I felt that I should be dancing with Gunny instead of the other girls and I didn't get a hard on like I usually do when I danced with some of those beauties. We also talked more with each other than usual. I kind of liked talking to him more as the night wore on. I know I'm not gay.
I've always only liked women as possible partners. What was happening to me?

So after 3AM, I put on my jacket and went home without any woman on my arm. Again the alarm greeted me way too soon, but I this time managed to crawl out of bed and take a shower. I was happy that I would make it in on time that morning. After the shower I stopped with foam on my hands seeing that I already had a smooth face. I can get five-o'clock shadow at noon, so I was surprised. I hoped I wasn't getting sick. I looked at the shaving cream on my hand and decided to shave my underarms and legs instead. When I finished I lifted my arms and looked in the mirror. I looked better, at least to me. I know I shouldn't look that scraggily there. Maybe I'll use electrolysis or laser to remove the hair permanently. Why would I be thinking that way?

I chose a blouse in cherry with a scooped neck and bell sleeves. When I looked in the mirror I realized how pretty and feminine I looked. I liked what I saw. Yet looking feminine confused me because I'm supposed to be a man.

I normally get to work early and the five minutes that I spent wondering about my smooth face didn't cost me any work time. I got my breakfast and as usual, Gabriel was right behind me.

"Hi!" he said.

"Hi!" I said smiling at him.

I was actually glad to see him. Why was I thinking of him as a lover instead of a best friend?

"Nice blouse," he said.

"Thank you," I said, as I curtsied.

What did I just do?

"That shave looks real close," he said as he rubbed my face lightly with his forefinger. "I don't even feel any hint of stubble."

His finger moving on my face that way gave me the chills. I liked the compliment. In fact, I remember having a bigger smile on my face.

As usual, about a half hour later Gloria came in. She complimented me on my choice of blouse then my excellent complexion. I don't know what I am doing differently, but I liked the look. The compliments also felt good. The feeling that my complexion was good also helped my confidence and I did better than on most of my good days.

Yes this work can be easy or hard. Some days it is like falling off a log and other days it is like trying to stay on that log. On the way home that night I bought some skin lotion to help keep my complexion in this good condition. I used it that night and in the morning, covering my entire body with it.

Also, that night I had a salad that quickly filled me up followed by watching TV. Instead of watching a show on ESPN or SPIKE, I was watching a movie on the Women's Entertainment channel. The movie was wonderful. I even shed some tears at the end. They were happy tears, as I noticed I was smiling. In the morning I started my routine again. The first thing I did was relieve myself. For some reason I sat down to pee, and I have not stood to pee since. There was nothing else peculiar that day except:

"I noticed you were in the stall often today. Having diarrhea?" Gunny asked.

"Yeah," I lied.

How did he know I was sitting down?

Later, Gloria gave me a Midol to help me with my "problem." How did she know?

Feigning sickness, I begged off going to the club that night. Gloria decided to take off early and go to the store with me so I could get tampons and pads. I was embarrassed but for some reason I went along with my new purchases and knew that I would eventually need to use them.

Gunny called me that night. It was sweet of him to call.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, just my time of the month," I replied.

Again I lied. What's going on? Especially THAT lie.

"Should I get some take out and bring it over?" he asked.

"I'm not in the mood for talking," I told him. "And I can't eat anything heavy."

"I'll talk for the both of us and I'll get a pizza and a salad. I'll have most of the pizza and you'll have most of the salad."

True to his word he was over at my place in about forty minutes. I picked at the salad and had maybe a half a slice of pizza. For most of the night I leaned on Gabriel and listened to him talk. Sometimes he held me. Both positions were warm, comforting feelings. When he left I had hopes that we would be in that situation many times in the future.

He wanted to stay, but I told him a bloody girl isn't a pleasant scene to watch. When I used the word "bloody" he got squeamish. He quickly agreed that he should go.

"Maybe I should take you to work in the morning?" he asked as he got his jacket.

He's so considerate.

"No," I replied. "I'll be OK."

When he left I thought and I was feeling confused. I know how life used to be before these changes started. Somebody was doing this to me without my permission. No matter what the reason is, he or she has no right to do this to me. On the other hand, I had to admit that like these changes. I am actually happier because of them. If I ever find out who is doing this to me I won't know if I should thank the person or ring his or her neck. Maybe I'll thank and choke the person at the same time.

As I began to expect, there was another change in the morning. All my underpants had changed into panties. Not many of them were white like my underpants. I also had pinks, reds, grays, yellows, blues, purples, greens, blacks and colors in between. Some had lace. Some were merely thongs. Some were low cut. Some were high tops. They all looked so sexy that I didn't know what to wear. While I thought, I put on a lavender blouse that allowed me to make a pretty bow in front. And so, I put on lavender high top panties with lace.

On the ride in I thought about who could be doing these changes to me. First, I thought about previous girlfriends, and with the exception of Tammy, our breakups were either amicable or initiated by the girl. But Tammy met her future husband a few weeks after we broke up and as far as I know she is happy. Besides that happened over a year ago. None of the others had any motive. I didn't remember anyone that I met recently that I had angered. One of the customers I dealt with could have done this, but I couldn't think of anyone that I angered lately. I doubted that the practitioner of magic was one of them.

That left my coworkers. As far as I knew no one had any malice towards me. The only three that made any sense was Gabriel, Gloria, and Carole. I couldn't see how it would make any difference to Carole either way, so she would have been the least likely of the three. For Gloria and Gabriel they would have been doing it for my benefit. At least the Wicked Witch of the West wasn't involved. But I could be assuming the intentions of the person doing the magic to me. And by assuming I could be making an ass of myself, and end up braying like a donkey.

But which one was doing this to me, and more important, exactly why? So I decided that I would confront both of them that day. How to do that without sounding like someone who just volunteered to go to the rubber room consumed the rest of my drive.

As we waited for our breakfasts I asked Gunny, "Have you noticed anything different about me lately?"

"As a matter fact I have," he answered.

Ah, ha!

"You seem to look prettier each day for a while now," he continued.
"And you seem happier. Whatever it is that you're doing keep it up because I like the new you."

I smiled at that and instinctively blinked my eyes in appreciation. When I looked down at his crotch I noticed he was keeping it up for me.

'Yes, please,' I thought. 'Keep it up for me.'

I don't think it's him.

Gloria came in just as I was finishing a call. I quickly logged off and pulled her aside so that no one else could hear.

"Gloria," I asked. "Have you noticed anything different about me lately?"

"I've seen that you have been dressing sexier lately," she told me. "I also see that you're happier and that you're with Gabriel more. I assume by the way you asked that question that you are not inviting me to a wedding, yet."

"Not yet," I replied. "But you will be in the wedding party if we get that far."

"Well, he's a good man. I hope you catch him."

"Yeah," I said, looking at Gunny.

I had a silly grin on my face as I went back to work. I still didn't know which of the two were doing this to me, but I now knew that I would end up getting Gunny.

When I woke up the next morning I did my usual shower. Looking in the mirror as I fixed my hair I thought that my face needed something extra, but what? I shook off the idea as just my imagination.

I arrived at work and asked Gunny as we were getting breakfast, "Do I need anything on my face?"

"Not that I could think of," he answered. "You're pretty the way you are."

I smiled. He called me pretty. Yet it was still not normal for a guy to be thought of as pretty. It was weird, yet nice. I wondered why I was accepting this so easily. We started work, and as usual, Gloria came in that half hour later.

She took one look at me and said, "Where's your makeup?"

I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Come on," she told me as she grabbed my arm. "You'll use mine."

I had just finished a call so I logged off and followed her. We went to the bathroom and made me sit on the lounge couch. When was this put in the bathroom? I didn't know there was even enough room for it.

She took some of her makeup and started to apply it. She took a can of wax and put a bit on my face.

"See how your face is smoother where I put it on?"

I compared the waxed area with another part of my face, smiled and said, "Yeah."

She finished and put a little cream over the wax.

"Fortunately, you have the same shading as I do," she told me

She then took out a purple powder and with a brush applied the color to my eyelids. Later I found out it was called lavender. Next she took out a pencil and tried to line my eyes.

"NO!" I replied backing up a bit. "I can't do this to my eyes. It is like a major phobia."

"OK," she responded. "No eyeliner."

Mascara was relatively easy, except I strained to keep my eyes open until it dried.

Quickly she put the blush on in three different shades. She blended the three nicely into each other. This was followed by lip liner and lipstick.

"Now, don't let me see you without any makeup again," she said as she turned me around to look in the mirror.

WOW! I wasn't pretty. I was gorgeous. This was with some makeup that was just barely there.

"This is great!" I said as we left the bathroom. "But I don't have any makeup."

"Want to go to the mall after work?" she asked. "I'll help you get some stuff there."

"OK," I replied.

I figured I needed to work that half hour that she stayed later than I usually did. No problem, it helped me pay for the goodies I bought that evening. As I sat down at my workstation I realized that I just gone into the women's restroom and no one that was in there thought that I shouldn't belong, not even me. From that time forward I never again used the men's toilets at work or any other public place.

After work, we went to the cosmetic counters at Macy*s where one of the salesladies made me up. Again, I just loved the way I looked after she was done. I spent about $200 on the cosmetics. I was hoping that I could do the job as well as either Gloria or the saleslady. On the way out of the store we stopped at the jewelry counters, where I bought a heart necklace for me.

The next day I came in and did my work as usual. Later at lunch I ate with Gunny. The difference today was that I felt a need to be with him as if I was going to be an essential part of his life. I felt the need to care for him by cleaning and cooking and other chores and I felt the need to be protected by him and be in his strong arms. I left for the evening and made arrangements to meet Gunny at the club. That night when we danced, we danced together as if I was his girl. Somehow, I liked the idea of belonging to him, and the strangeness of the situation seemed to become less important as the night wore on.

In the morning, I had already expected to see another change. It was not until I got to my underwear drawer that I found that change. There were bras of every kind and color imaginable with some that were better shown than imagined. I frowned when I noticed that the cup size was small. They were all A's, but many of the bras were padded. I took one of the padded bras and hoped that it would show some curves on the top. I put on a maroon knit with a deep V-neck and looked in the mirror. What I showed was some nice cleavage. The only problem was that there was nothing in those cups. I sighed. How I wish I had some breasts. Although there was nothing in those cups at the time, I kept the bra and top on then put on a nice pair of slacks and finished with some makeup. In the old days I would have wanted to meet the pretty young lady that was staring me back from the mirror. Now I was proud to be that pretty girl.

I drove into work. By the time I arrived, I felt the slight tug on my shoulders from my little breasts pressing on that bra. I saw Gunny arrive just ahead of me and I walked a little slower so that I could surprise him with the way I looked after I would take off my jacket. When I was next to him I noticed that he was paying a lot of attention to my new assets. He was actually talking to my breasts instead of me. I noticed that little Gunny was at attention. Although the first was disconcerting, the second was actually pleasing as I noticed my nipples got all pointy just noticing that and I felt more than a little warm.

When I told Gloria what had happened she said to me, "You want him to fuck you, don't you, girl."

Just thinking of what she said made me sigh and say, "Yeah."

I was happy as a schoolgirl talking about her new boyfriend. I was also feeling a little wet around the crotch and I also knew that I couldn't keep any secret from my new close friend.

That night I realized that I was now happily anticipating the changes. I wanted to be whole. I needed to be all woman. That included both the proper primary sex organs and being XX instead of XY. I felt it was my destiny to be not only a woman, but also Gabriel's woman. I saw that my future would include caring for him and to bring up our children. Just then I felt a need for him to call me, and when the phone rang I knew it was Gunny.

"I was just thinking about you," I told him.

"I hope it was good thoughts," he noted.

"Well..." I said. "Just talking to you make things better."

We talked for hours, and when we finally said goodbye, I noticed my nipples were all hard and pointy. I smiled as I thought of him taking me to his bed and ravishing me.
.
In the morning while dressing I noticed my sox were now either stockings or pantyhose. I chose a pair of high top pantyhose in a color called beige mist. When I rolled them up on my legs, I noticed how smooth it made my legs feel. My still male shoes felt like they still fit despite the thinness of my stockings in comparison to the sox I used to wear. The blouse I wore was a translucent cream with darts and a bow. Because the blouse was translucent I decoded to wear a lacy bra because I wanted to get Gunny's attention. I looked in the mirror as I put on my makeup, and when I finished, again I saw that pretty young lady that was me. As I walked to my car the movement of my legs encased in the pantyhose sent delicious tingles through me and made me feel sexy.

I arrived at work, grabbed some oatmeal and milk and threw the oatmeal in the microwave. While I was cooking my cereal, Gunny came up to me.

He put his hand on my back and asked me, "Could you come to the club tonight? I want to do some dancing."

"OK," I squeaked.

I was leaning onto his hand and enjoying his touch as he guided me to the table that we sat down and ate.

That night I was Gunny's exclusive partner. He walked to the club so at the end of the night I drove him the five blocks to his home. When we stopped in his driveway, he leaned over and kissed me. After I got over my surprise, I released my seatbelt and kissed back with everything I had. He put his arm around me and I put mine around his neck.

'Please,' I thought. 'Don't let this kiss end.'

The kiss lasted almost long enough. My tiny breasts pushed as hard as they could into the padding of my bra. When the kiss ended, he got out of the car and slowly made his way to his front door. I saw him looking back towards me as he walked. When he finally went inside, I sat in the car for about a minute thinking of the evening. I was content.

In the morning I noticed that my waist was smaller and my hips were bigger. While I showered I hoped that my slacks would fit. I needn't have worried, as somehow they had magically changed and fit me like a glove, literally. I had some difficulty pulling the pair I chose over my hips, but when I looked in the mirror after I put everything on, I looked hot. The slacks looked like they were painted on. They were (giggle). I knew that I could have any available man that I wanted, but I knew I only wanted one man, Gabriel, and I was determined to make sure that he was mine and only mine.

Gunny and I arrived at work at the same time and we parked our cars next to each other. When we entered the building he held the door open for me. I smiled at him for being such a gentleman. We had breakfast together and later lunch. During breakfast I told him how much I enjoyed the previous night.

"I want our relationship to continue and grow," I told him.

"I hope it does, James," he said as he smiled. "I like what is happening to us."

"So do I," added with a smile.

I also liked what was happening to me. But what he said made me think.
He didn't sound like he was the one doing the magic on me. Was I seeing things clearly or was I just hoping that he wasn't the magic practitioner.

I didn't note any change the next day when I woke up and got dressed.
It seemed like all my changes had been done and I would be this way forever. However, when I arrived at work one of the men held the door for me as we walked in.

I was appreciative of what he did and I said, "Thank you."

It was sweet of him. "Sweet." Thinking of that word in that way is a feminine concept. A man would think that holding a door for him is a nice gesture, but not "sweet." I realized that I was thinking as a woman. My brain was then, and forever after, female and I liked it.

I told Gloria that a man had held the door for me today and how it made me feel. It was different, yet it felt right. It seemed that Gloria was rapidly becoming my close friend and confidant. In a matter of a few short weeks we seem to share things like sisters. She was telling me more about her life at home with her husband. Apparently, they were trying to have a baby. As a result of that revelation I couldn't concentrate on my work all day as I fantasized having a baby growing in me, Gabriel's baby. I didn't care that I had one of my worst day's productions in months. To me the jobs of wife and mommy would be more important.

That night, Gunny called and I told him what I was thinking. It didn't seem to scare him.

In fact, at one time in our conversation he asked me, "Would you like me to get you pregnant?"

"I would love to have your children, Gabriel," I replied.

The next morning I looked in my closet deciding what to wear. For the first time my choices included skirts and dresses. I pulled out a hot looking black skirt with four-inch ruffles on the hem that came to just above my knees. With the translucent white blouse I was wearing I definitely looked sexy. In my mind there was only one man I wanted to look sexy for, Gabriel. When I arrived at work I was a few minutes ahead of Gabriel. I had already sat down to eat when he finished getting his food. We sat and talk a bit before going to our workstations. When I stood up I noticed his appreciative gasp.

"Wow!" he exclaimed. "You look great! What did you do different?"

"I'm wearing a skirt today," I replied as I twirled around. "Do you like it?"

The skirt billowed out as I turned.

"OH, YEAH!" he replied.

I also noticed that little Gunny also liked what I was wearing.

When I left for the day I realized that I liked the feeling of wearing a skirt. I actually felt free in the skirt. I don't know how to explain it any better than that. It was hard to believe that wearing a skirt for the first time was such a liberating experience. Until the temperature drops to below freezing in a month or two I then knew that I would be wearing skirts from that time on because wearing a dress or a skirt had just become a part of who I am.

The next morning I hadn't noticed any further changes until I was already driving to work in my car. My pocketbook was sitting on the passenger seat next to me. I had swung it over my shoulder after taking out my keys to lock my front door then walked to my car and put it on the passenger seat and started to drive without realizing anything was different.

In a way it wasn't much of a difference. It is just another piece of accessory that I really need. Nothing, except a bra, or a skirt says female more than a purse. Almost no man carries a purse except for that waist pouch thingy. It is as an important accessory as any piece of jewelry on a woman. Mine was black, which went nicely with my white dress with the black belt. I looked so sweet and innocent, although because of what I was thinking, you couldn't call me innocent.

In the morning while I was thinking of what to wear I noticed my shoes.
I must have about fifty different pairs in my closet. There were three and four inch pumps, flats, one and two inch heels, sneakers, and sandals. There were boots, courts, Mary Janes, mules, platforms, slides, and slingbacks. They had straps and were strapless. Some had open toes some covered the entire foot. There were all the possible styles a girl could want, and I was that girl. I put my hand to my chest and gasped at the variety that was waiting for me to wear. Somehow I knew that although I wouldn't walk a lot at work I would still be better off with a rubber soled black pair with a 1 1/2 inch wedge that went well with the outfit I was wearing that day. It was pretty but not something that would be called sexy. My need for comfort outweighed my need to have my feet look that sexy for the few minutes that Gunny would see my legs.

When I arrived at work, Gunny suggested that we go dancing again that night. I readily accepted and gave him a kiss. It was a sensual kiss and we ignored all the "Oohhs" and "Ahs" that the others in the cafeteria gave us. The fact that I could feel his member growing made me want him to continue, but as we were already at work we decided to do our jobs instead.

That night we went to the club and I wore a dress 2" above my knees and 3 " pumps with ankle straps. The extra height made me almost as tall as Gabriel. During the fast dances I purposely rubbed my behind against his member. During the slow dances I stayed close to him. Many times my head lay on his shoulder. We stayed late that night as I didn't want to let him go and I sensed the feeling was mutual.

The next day we were off, so Gloria and I went to the mall. We passed Bath & Body Works and I asked Gloria if we could go in. The inside of the store smelled Heavenly. I decided on two scents, gardenia and cotton blossom. I bought the soap, bath oil, lotion and spray for both scents. I was financially poorer, but looking forward to the luxurious bath I would take on my next day off.

The rest of the time we looked at clothing, jewelry, pocketbooks and accessories. At one booth in the mall isle I tried on a hat and Gloria laughed. I looked in the mirror and also giggled. I looked ridiculous in that hat, so I put it on Gloria. She looked just as silly. We tried some more hats. Finally she found one that looked great on her.

"That one is just you," I told her.

"You really like it?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

She looked in the mirror and smiled.

"How much?" she asked.

When the saleslady told her she put it on her card.

We tried on some of the other clothes, but neither of us liked what we saw in the mirror. Driving home from the mall I realized it was fun shopping with my good friend.

But there was this dark lining on my silver cloud. I still didn't know who had been responsible for these changes to me. I didn't think it was fair that I was being changed without my permission. Yes, I enjoyed the changes. Yes, I liked my close friendship with Gloria. Yes, I like the growing closeness with Gabriel. Yes, I am happier this way, and yes, I even looked forward to the next change. BUT whoever is doing this to me HAD NO RIGHT to do this without me accepting these changes. These thought made me angry, and I cried.

In the morning I woke up and sat down to pee like I've been doing recently and noticed that I no longer needed to use my hands at least until I needed to clean myself. I had free hands because now I have a vagina instead of my former penis. After I relieved myself I took a shower. I soaped myself and had an easy time of it until I reached my new vaginal lips. I was getting hornier and hotter as I soaped myself down there. I managed to clean myself enough and dried myself off. I still needed to explore my new opening so I got into my bed and I lied down for what I thought would be only a few minutes and started stroking my vagina. With each stroke I went in a little further. As I pounded down on my fingers I noticed my inner thigh muscles were "sucking" what ever it could into me. I came and came and came. The waves timed from those muscles ended as explosions in my head. I eventually came down from that pinnacle.

After what seemed forever in bliss, my wits told me to check the time. If I got fully dressed quickly and drove a little too fast and made the lights right I might get to work on time, but I smelled very female. I needed to take another shower or maybe a bath. There was no way I was going into work in this condition. After I called in "sick," I decided to repeat what I did. This time I started with my breasts that got all pointy while my vagina got wet. This time the experience was not as intense, but was still very nice. I felt like I needed something bigger in there than my fingers could give me.

I slept for about an hour then gave myself a scented bath bubble from my purchase at Bath and Body Works. The bath was relaxing and felt sensuous. My breasts kept popping out of the water and I had a tough time not playing with them or my happy opening down below. I patted myself off like I've been doing since my skin became so smooth. I put on a white bra with lace, a white silk blouse with puffy sleeves and a man style collar, white lacy panties and a black skirt that reached to about one inch above my knees. The skirt had white flowers on the right side starting about mid thigh and ending near the hem. My black pantyhose and three inch spiked heals finished my ensemble. After fixing my makeup I added that heart necklace. Looking in my full-length mirror I thought I looked foxy.

Grabbing my purse, I waked calmly to my car and drove to the sex shop that was about half way between my home and work. I was nervous walking into the place. The salesman's leer didn't help matters.

Regaining my confidence I told him, "I need a dildo."

He came around the counter and showed me where they were.

"Do you have any suggestion?" I asked.

"Most women want them a little larger," he explained. "And they prefer a vibrator. This one has both features."

He picked up a delicious looking one. I looked at the package and read what was involved. A couple of "C" cells made it move. I decided to buy it and whipped out my credit card.

He looked at the name and asked, "Is this your husband's card?"

I was a little flustered, but eventually I said, "Yes."

I still had time, so I went to the mall and looked at the jewelry. When I saw this sapphire necklace I knew I had to buy it. After he told me the price I negotiated a bit and I believe I got a good price. I pulled out the cash to pay for it. Looking some more, I saw this bangle that also looked nice on me. On the way home I picked up a jewelry box.

When I finally got home about mid afternoon I decided to try out my new toy. I was right. It was better with something larger and the vibration made it easier for me to cum. When I finally came down from this exquisite pounding I turned off the machine and stroked the love shaft. As I did I thought of Gabriel and hoped that he would be better than my new toy.

Concerned, Gabriel called me that evening after work. As we talked I felt guilty about what I did that day. I felt like I cheated on him, but he never said I was his girlfriend. I have needs that he should be able to fulfill. One of those needs was for him proclaiming that I belonged to him and that he loves me.

But what about my love for him? Am I as afraid to love him and commit myself to him, as he is afraid to do for me? If I did commit to someone he would need to be a loving and as sweet as Gabriel. He would need to care for me and ours. Could I do better than Gunny? I don't know but I could easily do a lot worse.

The next day I didn't notice any change in me until I got to work and ordered my breakfast. My voice was higher. It sounded strange to my ears, but nice.

When Gabriel came in and he sat down in front of me I asked him, "How does my voice sound?"

"As beautiful as ever," he replied. "Just like the rest of you."

I blushed. I liked what he said. He couldn't be the one doing these changes, or he wouldn't have replied that way. I am glad because I don't know if I could love someone who would do magic on someone else without that person's permission.

When I asked Gloria she told me, "Just like always, very sexy. You have the guys eating out of your hands when you sell. And that sexy voice will get you Gabriel, if you want him."

"I do," I mouthed so that Gunny wouldn't hear. "I do. I do. I do."

Nothing appeared to change the following morning. As I had the day off I puttered around the townhouse, cleaning and doing other chores that I need to do, but can't on days that I work because the job takes too much of my time. Later that morning, I planned meals for the week and then went food shopping. The day seemed to go faster than I expected because it was past my lunchtime when I finished and sat down to eat a small sandwich.

Gabriel worked that day. He called me when he left work.

"Jasmine?" he said. "It's me, Gabriel."

Jasmine is a good name. I like it. The word is a pretty scent.

"Hi, lover boy," I replied. "What ya doing tonight?"

"I don't know," he replied. "Do you have anything in mind?"

"I could make us dinner," I suggested. "Would fish be alright?"

"Sounds good to me," he told me.

"You might get here before I get back from the fish store. Just wait ten minutes."

"OK, Honey," he replied.

As we hung up the phone I realized he called me "Honey."

Quickly I got to the fish store and bought the fish. I pulled out my credit card to pay for it and I found that it no longer said "James" on it. It said, "Jasmine."

The dinner was good and we relaxed on the couch afterwards. I curled up in his arms and loved the warm feeling he gave me on that colder than normal Autumn night. When he finally left I was reminded of the quote from Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," "Parting is such sweet sorrow."

The next day was an unusual day, at least in comparison to what happened recently. I knew something had changed, yet nothing seemed to come to mind. As I lay my head against my pillow that night I realized what the change was. I was now genetically female. If someone had tested every one of my cells that scientist would find out my chromosomes were XX, not XY like I had previously. How I knew that without an empirical test was a mystery, but I could feel it instinctively. Call it woman's intuition if you like.

What it meant that physically James was no more and I would be Jasmine for the rest of my life. James didn't really die. He will live on in my memories. Some of my actions will still be as a result of me having been James. For example I still like football. I would still play a game of touch football. I don't think I would be the quarterback anymore. I want to be tackled. Maybe I would be the wide receiver. Yet my whole being in some respects started to become Jasmine's point of view the day my transformation started. If I had the choice now I think I would still choose to be Jasmine even though I still believed that because I never had that choice the one who did this to me was wrong.

As I arrived at work the next day Carole stopped me before I logged on to the telephone.

"Would like to join us at our weekly luncheon tomorrow?" she asked.

"I'd love to," I replied.

When I passed Gloria I told her. I would be one of the girls and I liked that idea. That luncheon was a tradition at our call center. Six to twelve women got together every Thursday. When they came back from their two-hour lunch most of those who were not supervisors usually made sales much better than their normal average. The supervisors gave the other girls 'one-on-one" training time on their time sheets. When I was still male I was jealous that we guys didn't do something similar. Now as "lucky" number thirteen I would know what these training sessions were about.
.
We started gathering outside the women's bathroom about noon. Our group of ten were finally ready a quarter after. We went to a diner about a mile from the building, and the first thing we did was order. Most of us, including me, had a salad.

As we waited for our lunch Carole told us about an incident involving her children that happened that last week, "Mark came to me and told me I had to see something. When I asked him what it was he said, 'Just come.' He took me to the doorframe of our baby's room. She was throwing all her toys out of the crib. The twins were doing a good job tossing them back into the crib. Once Little Barbara caught the plushy and promptly threw it back. Once she fell on her bottom as she tried to catch it. The three of them were laughing the whole time. Mark put his arm around me and I snuggled into him as we watched. I whispered to him, 'This is worth every diaper we ever changed.' After a while Barbara saw us watching and pointed at us. Just then Riche's aim got Barbara on the head. Startled, she started to cry so I ran to our baby and picked her up. I heard Riche apologize to Mark. Mark told him that it was all right, but he needs to be more careful. 'Besides, you're apologizing to the wrong person,' he told Riche. 'You need to apologize to Barbara.' Riche then said, 'OK, daddy.' He came to me and said, ‘I sorry, Barbie.’ And gave her a kiss on the cheek."

Tasha said, "That is worth more than those diapers."

Everyone agreed.

Becky then asked Gloria, "Any news?"

"No," Gloria replied. "We're still trying. I hope to have good news next week."

"How long have you been trying," I asked.

"This is the second month," she told me. "He's making me feel really sexy, and he's getting what he wants also."

"And you're not?" Dianne asked.

"Let's say it was more than nice."

Everyone giggled, but my giggles became tears. I was happy for them, but I needed the same things they had. I needed that love of a man, in this case Gabriel. I needed him to be my husband and I wasn't sure that it was going to happen. I also needed to have that family that Carole had and Gloria was trying to have.

"I am truly happy for you, Carole," I said through my tears. "What you have is great and I hope you continue to have that. And Gloria I hope I can sponsor a baby shower for you very soon. But nothing is happening with Gabriel. I need him to make his move."

"Do you need him to put a rock on your finger?" Sylvia asked. "Or at least a promise to go rock hunting at one of the jewelers?"

After I figured out what she meant, I simply said, "Yes."

"Tomorrow we're off. What we'll do is get you a hot dress so you can get what you want from him. Promise," Gloria said. "And I'll give you some advice also."

"We all will," Sylvia added.

I leaned on Gloria's shoulder and whispered, "Thank you."

"Let me clean your makeup up," Dianne told me. "Why is it that waterproof mascara only comes off with a good cry?"

When we got back to work after the lunch I sold much better that I usually did. Later I realized that what we did at that restaurant was just relax and become the real women that we are, instead of the robot-like workers we are forced to be for the rest of the forty plus hours we work. If I was still a man and we tried to do the same thing it wouldn't work. There would still be too much competition.

Gloria called me at 9 AM the next morning, and we decided that to get that hot dress for me to go dancing in that night we would go to the mall. Gloria arrived about an hour later and we drove towards the mall, but she insisted on making a slight detour on the way. We stopped at an upscale fashion boutique in one of the richer communities near where we work. I was glad for the detour. In the window was this beautiful dress that looked like georgette or silk. It was black with small violet flowers seemingly embroidered in sections around the dress. It had spaghetti straps that held the black triangles above the breasts. Depending on the height of the girl, the hem went from about one inch below the knee in the center to three inches above on the sides. If that dress looked as good on me as it does on that manikin I will HAVE TO HAVE IT!

After admiring it and the necklace that apparently went with that dress, we entered the store and asked the saleslady to show me the dress in my size. I looked at the label and saw it was 100% silk. I didn't want to look at the price tag. I knew it would cost me a lot more than I was willing to spend. Oh well. You live only once.

I tried it on, and Gloria helped me zip it up my back. It was a good fit. I didn't have the proper bra for the dress, but if I liked what I saw I will need to get a strapless.

"WOW!" Gloria exclaimed. "You look great!"

I went out of the dressing room and looked in the mirror as I turned from side to side to see my back. Granted the shoes and bra were wrong, granted I had no stockings, but I looked hot and sexy. I loved it.

"Could I try on the necklace you have with it in the window?" I asked as noncommittal as my voice could muster.

"Of course," the saleslady replied.

She got a duplicate from out of the display case as she calculated her commission.

It was silver with cultured black pearls. Gloria helped me put it on and I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Sold!

I took off that dress and after putting it back on the hanger I looked at the price tag. It was nearly $600.

"OH MY!"

$600.

"OH! MY!"

There were still the shoes the bra and the stockings to get!

"OH MY!"

And I should get the wrap that goes with the dress.

"OH MY!"

But I had plenty of room on my card, so I bought the dress, necklace, and wrap.

We traveled the few miles further to the mall. Just to make sure I got the right colors I took the wrap with me. I know, black is black, but I wanted to make sure. I bought a black strapless bra and panty set at Victoria's Secret, as well as black stockings that had a slight flower pattern on it and a black garter belt. Gloria said the stockings would go well with the dress.

"Would you like a set for you to wear in front of your husband?" I asked Gloria.

"Well," she replied, hungrily eyeing the merchandise.

"I'm paying for it," I insisted. "Besides it might help you create that baby."

That was the clincher. A few minutes later she had found the right sizes for herself and I whipped out my credit card again.

At Baker's I saw this darling two inch black pump with ankle straps. Checking with the stocking and the wrap we thought it would go well with the outfit. Next was a trip to Zales to get some diamond-looped earrings, a diamond bracelet and a silver ankle bracelet.

We then went to, Sylvia, Gloria's favorite hairdresser, where I received a wash, set and some coloring in my hair that I was told was highlights. While Sylvia was doing my hair, Eileen did my nails and Martina did my face. While this was happening, Gloria was receiving the same treatment. When I finally looked at the results I knew that my mantrap ensemble would be complete when I entered that dance club that night. I paid for both treatments including a hefty tip for the girls to share.

When I got home I called Gabriel.

"Gunny, could I drive to your place and you drive us to the club? It would be nicer that way."

"Sure," he replied.

"Thanks. I feel better," I told him.

"Would you like me to pick you up?"

"No, I'll be there in about an hour."

Before getting dressed for the evening, I packed a small suitcase just in case I could find an excuse to stay with Gabriel that night. I definitely wanted to find an excuse for me to stay with him. I threw in the suitcase a pair of black jeans that were bell-bottom hip huggers and had a red flower pattern embroidered down the right leg. Then I added a translucent white top that had ruffles on the sleeves and down the neck. In also went the black flats with the two-inch soft soles. The white bra and panties finished the ensemble. I then added my liquid soap, shampoo, toothbrush, hairbrush and makeup that would be good on me with these clothes into the pockets and sides of the suitcase. I then checked to make sure I remembered everything, and I was glad I did. I had no nightgown, so I put a sexy one in that I hoped would not be on me too long that night. I also put in my small jar of cold cream to take off the makeup I had on. Finally, put in a box of Trojans. I was determined to get my fill that night.

After my suitcase was done I got out of my clothes and started a bath. I put the gardenia-scented bubbles in that bath and soaked. I dried myself off when I got out and put on some of the gardenia-scented lotion. I put on the garter belt first, and then my black panties and bra I had just bought. The stockings with the flowers came next, and I added the silver ankle bracelet over my right ankle. I then slipped into that black dress. I zipped it up then put on the remaining jewelry.

I looked in the mirror. I looked hot! That dress is going to be worth the price I paid for it. It is definitely a mantrap dress. I put on the shoes and looked in the mirror again.

"Gabriel, you're mine," I thought.

I checked my pocketbook and saw that everything I needed was there, except...I decided that some of those Trojans should be in my bag, so I opened the suitcase again and put three of those little love aids into my purse. Now I was ready. I put on my long black leather coat then put my pocketbook over my shoulder and carried the suitcase to my car. I put the suitcase in the trunk, as I didn't want Gunny to know that I wanted him THAT MUCH that night. I wanted him to think it was his idea, at least until he carried my suitcase in his house.

I parked at the curb just outside his home, confidently walked to his front door and rang the bell. When he opened the door I suddenly felt weak. I felt like my legs were about to buckle and my stomach had about a thousand butterflies in it. I didn't breathe.

"Hold me," I said.

"Are you alright?" he asked as he held me.

"You took my breath away," I whispered.

"It's just me, Gabriel," he said trying to reduce the tension.

"But you are so handsome," I explained. "And a woman has needs, and you are the one I need."

I can't believe I just said that.

"Each day over these last few weeks I've been falling more in love with you," he told me. "Now I'm realizing my dreams, the ones that has you falling in love with me. Tonight when we dance we will celebrate."

He kissed me and I kissed him back will all my might. I felt like I was melting into him. He then sat me down and got his coat. He offered his arm and my hand took it as we walked to his car in the driveway. When we arrived at the club, he paid for the parking and both our fees. Even the coat check was paid for by him. When I took off my coat he was flabbergasted.

"Jasmine, you are the most beautiful woman in the world," he told me.

"Thank you," I said as I twirled around. "I have to be pretty to be with such a handsome man."

We chose a table next to the dance floor and he ordered drinks for the two of us. Again he paid for everything, and I enjoyed the idea that I was his date.

We danced and talked for what seemed moments. Often I had my hand in his. I enjoyed the slow dances better because he held me so close. I could even smell his manliness. It was as intoxicating as the alcohol that was in our systems. The drinks seemed to keep coming.

The fast dances were also good because I was able to push my breasts towards him and wiggle my ass. I noticed during the slow dances that my moves did excite him in ways that I intended.

The alcohol worked its way though my body and forced me to go to the lady's room several times. I just made it in time the last time I went. After doing my business, I looked in the mirror and checked on how I looked. I pulled out my hairbrush and fixed my hair that seemed to go in every direction. Next I applied some more lipstick, and I added some eye shadow. My cheeks and mascara looked good to me, so satisfied. I exited the ladies' room and headed back towards Gabriel. Sitting across the table that we had was another woman. She was acting like she was trying to pick him up. I sat next to Gunny, and wrapped my arm around his arm.

"Who's you're friend Gunny?" I asked him.

"Beat it, sister. I was here first," she told me.

"I don't think so," I countered with confidence. "By the way, I'm Jasmine."

I held my hand out to shake hers.

"What does she have that I don't have?" she asked Gabriel.

"His love," I responded.

At that moment I knew what I said was true although I was surprised at my response. I was also nervous. I also couldn't loose Gabriel especially to that hussy, but I was saved, as she left us in a huff.

As soon as she did, as if by magic, a slow dance came on. Still not saying a word he offered me to join him on the dance floor. I felt his arms around me and I felt safe. I felt the need to be in his arms, and it was wonderful.

"You were right," he said to me after a while.

"Mmmm," was my response as I smiled.

"I do love you," he said.

I snuggled in closer. I don't think I could ever be happier. Eventually the dance ended and we went back to the table. I wrapped my hand around his arm and leaned on his shoulder. I was content. Somehow new drinks arrived and we drank them.

"I think I'm drunk," I said to him after I finished sipping the drink.

"I know I am," he said.

"Maybe we should go home before we are too drunk to walk," I told him.

He got up a little tipsy and helped me to my feet. I don't know why, but I looked around to see if I could find that hussy, but she had disappeared.

We were so drunk that we were barely able to get our coats from the coat check girl. He gave her a generous tip before we left the club and walked to his car. The crisp cold air helped clear my head from some of the alcohol that partially clouded my brain. We definitely didn't walk in a direct line.

"You are too drunk to drive," I said to Gunny. "Give me the keys."

"You're sober enough to drive?" he asked.

"Sober enough to know I shouldn't drive either," I replied. "It is not too cold and your home's only five blocks away. Maybe I can drive home when we get there."

"I wanted you to stay the night," he said with a frown.

I saw him as a disappointed little boy.

"We'll see," I replied. "I'm not making any promises, but give me the keys."

He complied and I put them in my pocketbook. We walked silently towards his home even though we still couldn't walk too straight. Eventually our weaving brought us close together. I snuggled into him. I enjoyed his gentle strength as he put his arm around me, and I hoped that his arm around me would become a normal condition. We finally reached his home.

"Your car, my lady," he said, looking disappointed.

Those puppy dog eyes would have made me stay if I didn't already have that planed.

"I'll stay," I replied opening the trunk. "If you will be a gentleman and take in my suitcase."

He gave me a kiss and then smiled at me. I looked in his eyes and was lost in them, as we kissed again. That kiss warmed me up that cool night and seemed to last forever. When we broke it off I went into my pocketbook and retrieved his keys as we walked to his front door. I opened the door then he carried me over the threshold. I rewarded that sweet gesture with a long kiss. He took both my suitcase and me into his bedroom where he gently put me down on the bed then the suitcase. I noticed it was a king size bed, and I wondered if I would always be his queen in his bed. I lay on my back and smiled up at him and spread my arms out to beckon him to join me. He climbed in and gave me a deep throat kiss that sent chills throughout my spine. Greedily we took off each other's clothes, and as he massaged my breasts I dug my nails into his back. I was wet and ready, but he was a master and did things slowly until I couldn't stand it any longer. He pierced me with his member that sent me over the edge as I felt him cum.

After it was over, I went to the bathroom and cleaned myself off. After finishing I got back into bed with Gabriel and put my head on his chest and cuddled in close to him as I put my leg on his member. His heavy breathing revealed that he was sleeping, but he reacted to my movements by putting his arms around me. I liked the feeling of being protected. I realized then that we just had unprotected sex. I could get pregnant from this round of lovemaking.

"Gunny," I whispered.

There was no response so I repeated, "Gunny."

It took a few seconds for him to respond, "Humm?"

"We didn't use any protection. What if I get pregnant?"

"I will take care of you," he replied, more asleep than awake.

He was asleep again, and his rhythmic breathing was hypnotic. In my semi-wake state I relished the thought of being the mother of his children. I was asleep a few seconds later.

The light of the early morning sun streaming into the bedroom woke me. My back was facing Gunny and he had his arm around my waist. I liked our spooned position. His prick was fairly stiff on my back near my behind, so I arched myself allowing his member between my legs. I glided over it, getting wetter by the second. When Gunny put his hand on my then uppermost breast I liked the sensations even better. As I continued to rock, he started to poke at the edge of my vagina. Gradually, he went deeper in me. His thrusts became stronger until he came and I was satisfied. Again the sex was without a condom and again he fell asleep. I got up and cleaned myself, before I came back to bed and lay next to him. His rhythmic breathing hypnotized me into sleeping again.

When I woke about an hour later I noticed we were sleeping separate but our hands were touching. I got up and slipped on that sexy robe I had brought with me, and went into the bathroom to relieve myself. I got dressed in my jean outfit I had bought with me and started to explore his home as he continued to sleep.

In his living room besides the soft couch was the usual television, CD's and their player. Some of the CD's were movies including classics like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," "Dr. Strangelove," "Titanic" and the "Rocky" Series. Some were movies that had just come out. The music CD's were also eclectic including some classical, swing, early rock, classic rock, jazz, salsa, new wave, and new recordings.

Just above the CD's I saw the books he had on his bookshelf. The bookshelf had the normal paperback novels including some of the classics and some of the newer popular novels, some histories, and a heavy book that looked like it was very old. The outside cover was leather. Some of the title letters on the cover were worn off.

It said: "Prat... Ma..c... Pr...e..."

I heard the toilet flush just as I opened it. The inside title page said, "Practical Magic: A Primer by Mary and Phillip English, 1694."

I stood there looking at the title page. I was feeling a lot of anger towards Gabriel. How dare he do this to me without my permission? Did he really think he could get away with changing me and I wouldn't find out? He had no right! But to tell the truth I AM happier this way, and it is not just because I just made love to my lover who was my best friend. There is more, I believe that I was meant to be this way and I can fulfill my destiny this way.

But my anger got worse as I thought of what he did. If he changed me without my permission did he also change my mind so I would want to be Jasmine? How much of what I was experiencing was real and how much was the spell or were there many spells?

"So now you know," Gabriel said behind me. "The authors were accused of being two of the Salem Witch Trial witches. They escaped to New York before they could be tried. By the time they went back to Salem the hysteria was over. They continued to practice knowing they were now safe. Eventually they gave copies of that book to their children, each at the age of twenty-one. They followed their parents' craft and when they had children they gave copies to their children. That continued until this copy came into grandma's possession. When I was a teen I started to practice the craft. Grandma died when I was nineteen. On my twenty-first birthday mama gave me grandma's copy."

"And you practiced your craft on me?"

"Yes, but before I started this I sensed something odd about you that told me you needed to do what I did. More than that, if I let you continue as a male you would experience a disaster and it would have been soon. I did this because of our friendship."

I was angry.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME!" I shouted through tears. "YOU HAD NO
RIGHT!"

He started to come towards me.

I threw a paperback at him as I shouted, "GET AWAY FROM ME!"

He backed away.

"I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION!" I yelled at him. "CHANGE ME BACK RIGHT NOW!"

"That would not be wise," he replied.

I crossed my arms under my breasts and asked with an icy voice, "WHY
NOT?"

"You were about to do things that would hurt and eventually destroy you just before I started to change you," he replied.

There was concern in his voice, but I didn't believe him. He had lost my trust.

"Just remove all the spells you have on me," I told him. "NOW!"

"OK, but it will take a few minutes," he said as he slowly went to the book.

"NO YOU DON'T" I said as I grabbed another book.

"I need to study the spell in order to do the spell right," he explained. "May I get the book?"

I moved away while holding the paperback as a weapon.

He picked up the book and studied it.

"I am ready if you are," he told me.

"Go ahead," I said icily.

He read some words in a strange language, then he closed the book and said, "It will take about an hour for you to get back to being James. There will be no spells on you then. I suggest you go back home and wait for the changes there. Everything will be as if you had been James these last few weeks."

"How can I trust you?" I asked. "I feel violated. I don't know what is real and what is the spell."

"There is nothing I can say or do that will convince you," he replied. "You lose and I lose. I am following your wishes."

"Have a good life," I told him as I got up and walked to the door.

"One more thing," he said as I opened the door.

"WHAT?"

"If you change your mind it is reversible."

"IN YOUR DREAMS," I said with my jaws locked.

On the way home I stopped at the supermarket and bought two cases of beer. That was unusual for me as a six-pack usually lasted me at least a week. But I thought that the beer purchase was necessary. As I drove the rest of the way I felt the need to have a can, but I never had such a need before. Having a beer was just nice to have once in a while. When I got home I put one case in the refrigerator and tried to find room for the other case. My refrigerator door was completely full of beer cans. I took one out and started drinking.

I was awoken by the sound of my alarm clock. That alarm gave me a splitting headache. I had slept in my clothes in a kitchen chair all night. I went to the bathroom and peed standing up. I was James again. Then I went into the bedroom and turned the alarm off. The next thing I knew it was three hours later. It is not like me to be late for work.

I called work and spoke to Carole, "I'm going to be a little late."

"When you get here we need to talk," she told me.

I took a quick shower, shaved and brushed my teeth. I looked like I was growing a beard. I threw on some clothes and drove fast to work. From waking up the second time to walking into the building took only forty-five minutes. I still didn't have breakfast.

"You wanted to speak to me?" I asked when I went to Carol's desk.

"Sit down," she said.

She did some work on her computer then got up and brought a sheet back from the printer.

She sighed then told me, "You have been constantly arriving late over these last few weeks. Here is a copy of your times since September. As you will see not only are you getting here late but it is now more often and also later. It has gotten worse. Andy has already asked me to fire you. I can't protect you much longer. You must start to arrive on time or you will be terminated. Also you need to get here sober. You don't do good work when you're drunk. Here is a write up you need to sign."

She handed me the paper in triplicate. Andrew Jones, our location manager, had signed it.

"You can't fire me," I said.

"Why not?"

"I quit," I replied.

"Please reconsider," she said with concern in her voice. "We can help you."

I got up from the meeting and walked to Gunny and said to him, "It is your fault!"

Gabriel put his call on mute and said to me, "Could you wait a minute?"

I agreed because I was very angry.

He finished the call and logged off.

"Let's go outside so no one can hear," he suggested.

When we got outside I told him, "Remove this spell."

"There is no spell, James," he explained. "This is what would have happened if I didn't do anything."

"I don't believe you," I said.

"You could become Jasmine again. You wouldn't have this problem."

"Then we'd be lovers," I replied.

"I lost you already," he replied. "My love for you continues but you are right. I shouldn't have done this without your permission. May I change you back?"

"NO!" I replied. "I'll survive. You've done enough to me."

I tuned away from him and walked to my car and drove home. When I got there I drank a can of beer. I must have been tired because the next thing I knew I woke in my chair. I looked around the room. There were beer cans and garbage all over the place. I didn't remember my place being THAT messy. I needed to pee so I went into the bathroom and did my business. As I was washing up after I peed I looked in the mirror and was shocked. My hair looked like it hadn't been cut in months and I had a beard that looked about as old as my last haircut.

Did I have what they call, um, um, a blackout? I was scared and sat down to think. I felt the need to have another beer, but this time I resisted. I needed help. Even my thinking was difficult. I needed a friend. The only one I could think of was Gabriel, and I left him by accusing him of doing things to me without my permission and wishing him a good life. Hoping that he would talk to me I braced myself and called.

"Hello?" he said.

"Gunny," I replied.

"James," how are you?" he asked. "I haven't heard from you in, it must be, about three months. Not since you quit your job."

"I need help," I said in a soft voice. "I've been drinking and I think I had a blackout. Help."

"I'll be there as fast as I can," he replied. "Will you be alright until then?"

"Yeah, thanks."

We hung up and I started to clean up the mess. I was determined to get it as presentable during that a half hour's time before he would arrive. Three months? That would explain the beard and haircut. About an hour after I started I began to wonder where Gunny was so I called his home again. I received his answering machine.

"Gunny," I said as soon as I could. "Where are you? I'm beginning to worry. When you get this message just call to let me know you are alright."

I cleaned as I waited another hour and called again. That hour was excruciating as I needed a drink, but I was determined that I would not have one until at least after Gabriel did what he could for me.

"It's James again. I hope nothing's happened to you."

When I hung up I looked outside toward my townhouse's parking lot. It was snowing and on the ground looked about three inches. I thought he should be able to drive through that, but just in case I called the police. When I gave them his name and a description of the last car I knew he had the officer asked me to wait. A few minutes later he came back and told me he was in an accident and taken to County General.

I needed to get to that hospital.

I thought, 'Gabriel risked his life for me when I needed help. He may need my help now.'

I didn't think I could drive so I looked in my wallet and was glad that it had about fifty dollars. I called the local cab company and the dispatcher said it would cost fifteen. About an hour later the taxi came and took me to the hospital. The receptionist explained that he was recovering from surgery and was going to the surgical ICU. I followed her directions and got to his location.

There were two people by his bed. A woman about twenty years older than him walking nervously and a man about her age sitting and hold his hand. A machine was assisting Gunny's breathing. He looked pale.

"James! I'm glad you're here." she said.

I looked at her. She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

Noticing my questioning look she told me, "I'm Gabriel's mother, Ellen, and this is his father, Henry. Say 'hello,' Hank."

He waved.

"I understand why you don't remember me," she began. "The last time was the same situation today, only that time you were never Jasmine."

Now I was totally confused.

"Come, let us talk outside," she told me in a whisper. "I'll explain everything. I don't want Gabriel to hear."

"May I talk to Gunny first?" I asked.

Hank got up and I sat down next to my friend. Gunny looked ashen. As I took his hand in mine, I felt the pain of seeing my best friend possibly dieing in front of me. I also felt stronger other emotions that I realized were Jasmine's. She was losing the love of her life, her soul mate.

"You risked your life for me. Thank you. You look bad good buddy. I'm sorry."

I kissed his forehead. I think I was crying. I stayed there for about fifteen minutes wishing that it was me in that bed instead of him. Finally, I followed Ellen out of the room. We went to the stairway so that no one could hear.

She began with the bad news, "It is bad, James. He's going to die."

"What happened?"

"He was driving to you when his car hit some ice under the snow. The car skidded into a tree. He has some broken bones and bleeding into some of his internal organs.

"Can't you do something about it?" I asked. "You're a witch."

"I can't. You won't let me."

"What do you mean, I won't let you?"

"Hear my full story before you say anything," she began. "We went through these same six months before. Last time you said you didn't want to remember his condition so you asked me to erase your memories of these months. Last time when he suggested you become Jasmine, you yelled and screamed at him and stopped being his friend and you ended up the alcoholic you are now. You had the same blackout and he had the same accident. This time Gabriel changed you to Jasmine without your knowledge. When Gabriel changed you back to James he got rid of the spells he saw with the exception of allowing you to become Jasmine again. The only other spell that is left is the one you asked me to do.
I fixed it so that Gabriel would not see my spell. I can fix it if you like."

"But why can't you fix him?"

"The only way for him to survive is for you to be Jasmine, but when you became James again you restricted me. If you were Jasmine, now, you would have stayed at his home during the snowstorm, so he wouldn't have had the accident because he wouldn't need to go out in that storm. I've tried several times to see if there is any other way you wouldn't be an alcoholic and he wouldn't die, but there are none. I even checked to see if you could be the husband and Gabriel would be the wife, but Ann, that would be her name, would have lost you to your drinking partners, Anheuser Bush, Samuel Adams and Bert and Harry Piels. You would have called her today. She would hit that same patch of ice and die before she got to the hospital."

"How can I trust him?" I asked. "How can I trust you?"

"Look in your heart. The answer is there."

"How do I know that is not part of the spell?"

"May I restore your memory? It may help."

"Yes."

She touched my head near my brain and said some words in what I assumed was that same strange language. Memories started to flood my thoughts. I saw the argument I had with Gunny that almost came to blows. I hated him and knew I didn't talk to him again until earlier today when I called and asked for help. Never did I feel such hate, not even when I saw the book as Jasmine.

In the original time line I had told Ellen to have us do the same six months again telling her, "Just have him do it. I don't want that fight so don't let him tell me. And erase my memory of then. I hate myself for what I did to Gunny."

I realized then that I had asked Ellen to hide what he was doing and what happened was my fault. This was a lot to take in at once.

It took a while, but I finally said, "I need time to think. Could I have a day?"

"Here's my cell number. And also, his life and your happiness and his happiness are tied together."

"How?"

"When were you the happiest these last six month?"

"From when I began to anticipate the changes until I saw that book. That damn book."

"When was he the happiest?"

"That same time. Oh!"

"And I know that you are afraid, but remember that you will be doing this with Gabriel. His strength will help you and yours will help him."

"Could you do me a favor for the time being? I need to think straight. Remove my dependence on alcohol but keep what memory I have of it until I make my decision?"

"Just for the time being?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Would I deserve my freedom if I let him die?"

"Your freedom and his life are two separate issues."

"Please do it my way. It is part of what I have to think about."

She did the spell on me and I gradually felt my need for alcohol disappear as the day went on. Later, I had dinner with Gunny's parents who drove me home and then they went back to the hospital. I couldn't let him die but did I have the strength to be Jasmine? It would probably be as his wife as she is his soul mate and he hers. I can forgive him, but can he forgive me?

It was three in the morning when I realized that last part and knew what to do. I called Ellen's cell and she answered very sleepily.

"In the morning I'll drop Henry off at the hospital and pick you up around nine o'clock," she suggested. "We'll go to Gabriel's home and I'll change you into Jasmine there."

"Just in case, keep on ringing my doorbell," I warned her. "I haven't slept, yet, so be annoying."

I don't know if I hung up first or fell asleep. My dreams were full of dancing with Gabriel, walking with him, and riding with him in one of our cars to work. Ellen's consistent ringing finally woke me. Looking at the clock I saw that it was 9:30.

When I opened the door she looked at me, giggled and told me she will give me time to take a shower and get dressed. She went to the kitchen and made me breakfast. It was my usual breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon and home fries. After breakfast I threw the dishes in the dishwasher and we were out of the townhouse by ten o'clock. We arrived at Gunny's home about twenty minutes later.

It was during that ride I made a request, "When you do the spell make sure we both remember both times. I need to know how I hurt Gunny and what I am doing to save him. He needs to know how he hurt me and what he did to help me. It will help me trust him and help him see my needs, and it will help our love."

"I think that some day I might be able to teach you the craft. You understand the concept of trying to make things better."

At Gunny's house Ellen had me sit on the couch while she got the book. She looked up the spell, studied it, and then said some words from that same strange language. Almost immediately I fell asleep from the strain of the change and my lack of sleep. I awoke with my head lying on someone's shoulder. Little things that I felt told me I had become Jasmine again. They included my long hair touching my ear and neck, the slight tug of my earrings, the feel of my lipstick's wax on my lips, the slight confinement that my bra gave me, the fact that my knees were together with nothing between my legs to impede their closeness, the pantyhose that I wore on that cold day under my slacks, and the higher heels of my boots.

The voice connected to that shoulder was my mom's, "So should we go out and look at churches?"

"Why are we looking at churches?" I asked.

"Are you OK, Jasmine?" she asked. "I swear you sometimes act as clueless as your brother or were you planning to elope?"

"I'm alright, mom," I said as I looked at Ellen. "Everything is right, now."

Note: Phillip and Mary English were accused and indicted in 1692 on the charges of witchcraft. It is believed that they were accused because they were financially well off and someone with connections wanted their wealth. They fled to New York and waited out the Salem Witchcraft hysteria. Salem had a famine in 1693. Phillip sent a ship from New York loaded with food to help out the starving populace in Salem. Despite what happened to them they did the right thing. I chose them as the authors of the book because of their generosity. Learning about them made them two of my heroes.

I thank Davenport, Ally De Merele, Jenna Hitch, Maggie O Malley, Prudence Walker and Judy White for their valuable suggestions and assistance.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Same Blouse

Mom,
Nicely written although I wish you had allowed Jasmine to have her baby before you ended the tale. I would love to see more in the same universe.

Nothing in Life is Free, if the cost is not monitary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.

Love ya,
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne