532 Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Belle.jpeg

Author's note: There is hope on the horizon for Belle. Some more darkness, so beware. Not explicit, but it is essential to the tale.

Chapter 3

Cerberus found out the location of the next gathering. He would mention to the police about the “festivities”. These people were guilty, but the law could handle them. They wouldn’t be delivered to the Ferryman tonight. This time.

He had the Duncan’s house under surveillance. It was a large rented mansion in Highland Park. He was ready to take them out with a minimum of fuss. The thermal imaging verified the presence of three bodies in the house. He could see one body, probably Veronica, engaged with someone, also female. Abuse? Possibly. If so, one more nail in her coffin.

Cerberus suffered from chronic pain. He was used to it, but it tended to make him very dangerous to people he didn’t like. The pain in his body only served to deepen his resolve. He always went about covered, his face always behind the mask. He was terribly scarred, the scars on his soul were deeper than the scars on his flesh. His weapon of choice was the katana, chosen because of its razor sharp edge. He could cut a man in two without as much as a second thought. He also carried his sidearms, two Desert Eagle .357 Magnums. Big guns, for maximum psychological effect. They could also punch through most body armor with the armor piercing rounds he used.

Cerberus could only wait as the time of reckoning drew near. Wait and think. Think back to when he was Dr.Tucker Spiros, a Greek history researcher. He knew about the rumors about his past, about him being an ex navy seal or Army Green Beret and it all worked out in his favor that people tended to believe it. The truth was far darker, and far more tragic.

Tucker was researching the cult of the Underworld and Hades worship at Cape Matapan, at the southern tip of Greece. Known in the ancient world as Tainaron, it was the mythical location of the gates of hell.

He had brought his wife, Timothea and three daughters, his nineteen year old twins, Adriadna and Agapita, and their youngest sixteen year old Persephone. He loved Greek culture, and wanted his girls to appreciate it as well. They were a great help on the digs, and were developing into quite the researchers themselves. Timothea was a godsend with her sharp eye for detail and dedication to teaching her children about their heritage.

All his girls were classic Greek beauties, with long wavy black hair, all of them; Timothea included, and could have jumped from a classic Greek work of art. Tucker so enjoyed having his family on digs with him. His daughters were becoming fine field archaeologists in their own right, and were planning on majoring in Greek Studies in University back in England, they had been a little behind in their studies and had just finished A levels.

Then came the trip into town that changed his life forever. They needed supplies, and Timi, his wife decided to go to town. The girls had to go along, as they were suffering from pit fever, their term for being on the dig too long without a break. Timi said something to him as they left. He couldn’t remember what. He thought it was I love you.

They left, and Tucker continued to work. The statue he had found was exquisite perfectly preserved. It was clearly a representation of Hades, and said as much on the inscription. “Keys to the Gate” was another part of the inscription, partially worn away, and “Reverence” was another word. They had clearly stumbled on a major find. This must have been a holy site or temple, unusual, since Hades was feared above all the gods, his name seldom even mentioned.

He was cleaning the statue, delicately, almost reverentially removing the dirt. It was an exciting find, a representation of the god Hades. The statue radiated a kind of aura that Spiros could actually feel, like a static charge that made the hair on the back of his hand stand up. He found an inscription on the base, and he was translating it as he coaxed the dirt out of the lines of text. “The Possessor of this Great Icon will Have the Power of Hades”. There was more, and he was in the process of deciphering it. He looked at the eyes of the statue. It almost seemed as if the eyes flashed at him just before his world went dark in an explosion of pain.

He slowly aroused from unconsciousness to see his family, his wife, tied to the ground, naked. His precious girls were tied to each other. They were gagged, their eyes wide with terror. He was bound to a chair. There were five men with guns joining them.

“Wake up, Doctor” the voice was arrogant, mocking. It was their leader, apparently, a smooth, polished man, not unlike Clark Gable in looks. He had a faint accent, possibly South African.

“W-what are you doing? What do you want?”

“I already have what I want. We have been watching your girls for some time now, and I have buyers for all three”

Cerberus remembered struggling with all his might against the ropes that held him “You son of a bitch! Let them go!”

“No, Doctor, that won’t happen. I just want you to witness what happens next. You see, I guess you could say I’m total bastard, and the god you study is nothing compared to me. I’m going to take everything you have, and I’ll give you the privilege of watching while I do it”

“NO! You can’t do this! I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU!” He struggled at his bonds in an adrenaline fueled rage, actually bending the steel of the chair, but not enough to free himself

The man laughed mockingly. “No you won’t, Doctor” Boris, do the honors with Mrs. Spiros. Watch, Doctor. Close your eyes and she dies”

He remembered every detail. It was burned into his mind. His beautiful Timi was raped by that animal. He screamed, cursed and struggled, but it was no use. His daughters were crying and struggling. Trying to get away, trying with all their might to help their mother. When Boris was done, he calmly got up, adjusted his trousers, pulled his pistol, and shot Timi in the head.

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!” He screamed. The girls were wild with fear. They were trying with all their might to get free. He remembered their wrists, red with blood from their struggles. Their blood dripping into the ground. His blood, soaking into the ground.

The leader whispered in my ear “My name is Frederick De Haan. Remember it when you see Hades, or whoever greets you in the next world. Now don’t be sad, your three beauties will be well taken care of, as long as their new masters allow them to live. Good bye, Doctor”

He remembered the screams of his little girls as they were dragged away. And he would avenge them. He remembered as the kerosene was poured over his body. As the fire was lit, as he burned…as he died.

The pain of the fire faded. All was darkness, quietness he was walking in twilight, in a kind of fog. Then, he saw the river as he exited the fog. There wasn’t a light in the sky, yet he could see. There was a city in the distance, lighting the way. Out of the mist on the river, a boat came for him. The Ferryman was at the stern, faceless in his hooded robe. Tucker was holding the statue. How? He was dead.

Dr. Spiros looked at the Ferryman. “Chiron?” he asked.

The Ferryman nodded and held out his withered, bony hand. He apparently saw the statue, then withdrew his hand and motioned for Tucker to get in the boat. He was about to get in, when a low, still voice, almost a whisper broke the silence.

“Spirosssss”

He stopped and looked around. In the blackness behind him, he saw two red eyes about ten feet off the ground. Whoever was talking was big. “What do you want?”

“Youuu, Spirosss. You” the voice never wavered. It was quiet and emotionless.

“Make your point. I’m late for an appointment on the other side” He was devoid of emotion. All he had was gone.

“Do you not fear me, Spirosss? Do you not fear destruction or Death?

“I fear nothing. Not anymore I have lost everything. I welcome Death”

The voice intoned “I know, Spirosss. But hold! All is not lost” Behold!”

A hand rested lightly on his shoulder. “Daddy? Is that you? He turned. It was his beloved Persephone”

He was strangely unemotional “What is she doing here?”

She looked around, confused. He couldn’t help noticing how pale she was in the light. “Daddy, I died up there, I think. When I saw them did those terrible things to Mom and you, I couldn’t breathe. My head started hurting and suddenly I was here. I’m scared, daddy”

A single tear trickled down his cheek. “I couldn’t save them, honey. I couldn’t save you”

“Its okay, Daddy. Don’t cry. We’re together now. That’s something”

“True, Spirosss, You couldn’t save them. However, I offer you a chance at vengeance. A chance for justice, to destroy those infidels who desecrated my ground. A chance to serve me. They killed your Persephone on my ground. She carries the name of my wife. They challenged me. This will not stand. They must be punished. They desecrated my ground, my icon, the statue you hold”

“Why don’t you just strike them down yourself?”

“They have left my hallowed ground. I cannot interfere in the matters of man since the decree by my brother centuries ago. But I can use you. Your hate is strong. Two of your daughters still live, and will soon be sold as slaves. You hold Spartan blood in your veins, mortal. The blood of Leonidas, of Agamemnon. Your own blood screams from the ground for vengeance. Will you allow your daughters to be slaves of the barbarians?”

“How? I’m dead. Persephone is dead. Timi is dead”

“Tuck?” He turned to see his Timi slowly walking toward him.

“Timi! His tears flowed freely. He wondered how you cry in hell. “I’m sorry. So sorry. I failed you”

“Don’t worry about it, Tuck. You couldn’t have done anything. You have to save our girls. These men mean to sell them. OUR GIRLS! This will not do! Find the men and kill them. Do what he wants. Don’t worry. We’ll be waiting for you. This is only temporary. Death is only the beginning for us”

He looked back at the eyes in the shadow. Then back to Persephone and Timothea. They were already in the boat, heading to the other side.

Persephone was waving “Stop them, Daddy! For us! We love you!”

His heart was filled with hatred for the men who did this. He looked toward the shadows, where the eyes continued to stare. “Okay, I’m yours. You had just as well come out where I can see you. I know who you are”

“And who is that, mortal””

“Hades, Lord of the Underworld”

The voice was as unemotional as before. “You know that none may mention my name”

“You hold no fear for me. I welcome you. I will serve. Tell me what I must do”

“You must look on my face. You must look on my face and know no fear”

Without hesitation, Tucker called. “Very well. Step into the light. I would see you”

“Remember. You will be my messenger. You are the hound of hell. You will reap until I have no more need of you. You will not die until I am ready for you. Gain your vengeance and serve me well. Reap who you will, but reap you must. You will be scarred, you will know much pain, but you will have your vengeance”

He knew what to say next. It was as if he was reading a script. “Step into the light, Hades, taker of souls. I would look upon your visage”

The god stepped into the light. His face was indeed terrible to behold. Indescribable in its horror. Dr. Tucker Spiros, however, was not afraid. He had looked Death in the eye. He didn’t blink.

Cerberus had not thought about that time for several years. He was beyond pain, beyond remorse. He had his revenge, and rescued his twins. He had personally sent the men who kidnapped them and murdered his wife and daughter to hell. He crushed the skull of the arrogant bastard who immolated him. The cockiness left his face shortly before his eyeballs exploded out of their sockets.

That was 5 years ago. They had no idea he was still among the living. It was better that way. They had gone on to follow in his footsteps. They both had families now. This gave him the only satisfaction he had known since the day of his death. Hades was not done with him yet. Somehow he was still needed by Hades. Cerberus, the hound of hell, would continue to reap.

Slowly, he returned to the job at hand. Putting his eye back to the thermal imager he picked of the images of his quarry. They hadn’t left yet. He returned in thought to an earlier time. “Timi? Will you even recognize me when I return?”

The limo pulled up to the house. A cold rain began. It was almost as if Gaia herself knew what was going to happen this night. Two large men got out of the car.

“Bodyguards, huh?” He spoke without emotion. “It won’t do you any good” he said to himself.

Belle got dressed for the party. She was forced to wear a skimpy maid’s uniform. She couldn’t stop crying. It was frustrating. She knew what was going to happen to her at this “party”, and she dreaded it. Wasn’t a party supposed to be fun? Why couldn’t she just die? What had she done to deserve this? She was beginning to lose hope that she would ever make it back home.

She managed to get her emotions under control. If her makeup wasn’t done properly, she would be punished. She dabbed her eyes and returned to her task.

Mistress opened the door to her cell. “Time for your drops, pet.”

Belle hated the drops. They hurt like hell going in, and she couldn’t see for 18 hours after they put them in. Overnight, hell. They lied to her again.

Veronica said brightly “Okay, pet. Time to go. You’ll have so much fun tonight, and we’ll have so much fun watching you”

Belle hung her head and nodded. “Oui, Maitresse, Thank you”

Harris and Veronica escorted their charge to the limousine. The bodyguards looked with lust at the young girl as she was ushered into the car.

“That is one nice piece of ass” thought the larger of the two bodyguards. It was the last thought he would have in this world. An arrow pierced his skull and exited his left eye. A second later, the next bodyguard was down, an arrow passing cleanly through his neck.

“What in the hell is going on?” muttered Harris, not realizing the guards were dead.

“Come on Harris, Get them going! We’re going to be late for the gathering!” Veronica whined.

Harris made an exasperated sigh. “I’ll see what’s going on, Veronica” He got out of the back seat, moving toward the front of the vehicle. Then Veronica and Belle heard, “What the fuck?” This was followed by a sick thump, followed by Harris’ head rolling past the door.

Chapter 4

Veronica screamed when she realized what had happened. Belle flinched and curled into a ball, unable to see anything.

A masked figure swung into the door’s opening. “Hello, ladies. Veronica, you come with me. This petit will stay here in the car, where it’s warm. Bon, petit fille?”

“Oui, monsieur” came the quiet reply.

Veronica was astonished “How did you know she spoke French?”

“Don’t worry about it. We need to talk. Inside, if you please”

After they entered the house he could see that Veronica was edging toward the panic button. With one swift motion, one of the Desert Eagles was out and a round was placed into the alarm pad. Veronica jumped and screamed as the gun discharged.

“That takes care of that. Now, for the big question, if you’re ready. I know that young lady in the car is, or was, Brian Kalisek. What I don’t know is how you did it, and what needs to be done to undo it. Consider your answer carefully, Veronica. I won’t ask again”

Veronica was petrified. He knew everything. How? She had no doubt he would kill her if she didn’t answer correctly. “It’s true. We kidnapped him to satisfy an order for a transformee for an overseas client”

Cerberus spoke in an impassive voice. “So, nearly getting busted for the same thing back east wasn’t a wakeup call, eh? Couldn’t resist screwing up more kids? And for what? A few measly dollars? Do you even know how unimportant that shit is? Don’t you know what lies beyond that which you can see?”

She was confused now. This guy was crazy. “w-what do you mean?”

Cerberus knew he was wasting his time. “Okay, Veronica, this is what you must do to live. Log on to your bank account in the Caymans or whatever offshore location you keep it, and type in your account number” Veronica hesitated. “Now, please. Your life depends on it. Ask your husband if I won’t kill you. I can bring his head in if you like”

That was motivation enough. She hadn’t expected to be caught. There was nothing tying them to the abductions. It was perfect. Perfect! How had it gone wrong?

“Excellent, Veronica. Balance, please?” Veronica typed in the information required.

“My, my, Veronica, you have been busy, haven’t you. Twenty one point six million. Euros! That’s what, thirty million US? Very good. One moment please” Cerberus inserted a flash drive which ran a program to transfer the money in that account to one he set up for just such an eventuality. In a moment it was done. The screen hadn’t changed, and Veronica thought that the money was still there. It wasn’t. And soon, she wouldn’t need it

“Okay, Veronica. What do we do about the young girl in the limo?”

“The changes are permanent. I found a magic talisman that enables us to transform male to female. The changes are slow, and at the end of the transition, the boy will be quite thoroughly female. Biologically, down to the DNA. She also doesn’t remember who she was, at least on a conscious level”

“Interesting. What about the language?”

“A mind control program, magically enhanced. My cousin, Moira, is a magic user, and installed it in Belle’s mind. She can understand English, but can only speak it with difficulty”

“You are one sick fuck, you know that? Absolutely bat shit. So these changes are permanent as well?”

“She could possibly be re-taught to speak English, but will probably always have an severe accent. Look, the customer wanted it. He’s got some crazy obsession with fairy tale princesses”

“I’ll find out who he is. He’ll pay too. Where is this Talisman”

“In the safe”

“Get it, please”

She went to the safe in the wall next to the computer. After she punched in the combination, she opened the safe and tossed the talisman to Cerberus, who caught it, and placed it in a pocket. “There, are you happy?”

“Not yet” he replied laconically.

Veronica was thinking that she might just get out of this after all. Harris dying was unfortunate, but she could find another to share her appetites. “So, can I keep the girl? You’ve got what you came for, I’m sure”

“Almost. You see, I haven’t properly introduced myself. My name is Cerberus. You’ve heard of me, haven’t you? The guardian of the Underworld? The hound of hell? Well, that’s me. Tell me. Do you wonder why I wear the mask?”

Veronica was becoming more frightened by the moment. This clown had an agenda. That made him dangerous.

“No one who sees my face can live. I used to be like everyone else, until people not unlike you robbed me of everything. I died that day. That day, I became what you fear most. I am the shadow you see out of the corner of your eye. The presence you can’t quite see. Look at my face, Veronica. This is what evil does to those it infects”

He pulled his mask off. The face that stared back at Veronica caused her to recoil in terror. Burned beyond recognition, a face closer to a charred skull stared back. Burned flesh hung in places to the bone. Lipless teeth grinned. In place of eyes, flaming holes burned. Veronica screamed.

Refitting the hood to his face, he quietly commented, almost matter of factly “You’ve seen me, Veronica. Tell the Ferryman I sent you”

In one motion, he pulled the sword out of its scabbard on his back, and severed Veronica’s head. Spinning again, he cut her in two at the waist. He placed two gold coins in the lifeless sockets of Veronica’s eyes. Gold meant nothing to him. Wealth was like so much air. He had all the wealth that his master had, and it meant nothing.

He proceeded to download her computer drive to his portable flash drive. The people at the government agency tasked to this might be able to help those sold. Maybe. If they couldn’t, then he would. He set the thermite charges. Then he turned on the gas. 20 minutes from now, there would be a nice little explosion. He and Belle would be long gone.

After everything was set. Cerberus opened the door to the limo. Brian, or Belle, was sitting as he left her. Her hands on her lap, sitting like a proper lady. She was staring straight ahead, clearly frightened. He spoke to her in French.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes, sir. Are you a friend? You won’t hurt me like everyone else, will you?”

“No, I won’t, chere. I have taken care of the two who took you. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir. May I go home now?” A tear rolled down her face. “Can I see my Mama and Daddy now? The mistress said I had no one, But I remember my Mama and Daddy. Do they miss me?”

Cerberus didn’t feel much in the way of emotions, at least not in the way most do. The fire that put him in his current situation had cauterized his emotions. But the quiet dignity of this girl touched him. “They miss you very much. Do you remember who you are?”

She shook her head. “No sir, I don’t. I think I used to be a boy, but I don’t remember my name”

“That’s okay, Belle. I know you can’t see right now, but don’t worry. I’m taking you away. There’s going to be some fireworks later, and we don’t want to be around when they go, okay?”

“Yes, sir”

She smiled; a pretty smile that Cerberus was sure hadn’t been used much. He pulled out in the limo, and headed to his warehouse. Kevin would be the one to handle this from here. Cerberus would retreat to the shadows, pursuing the ones he had pulled off of the Duncan’s hard drive. He texted Kevin to meet him at the warehouse.

These people had pissed Cerberus off. He decided to make a little stop before he dropped the girl off. He made his way to the location of the party. He had a little gift for the guests.

The location was at a small building in South Dallas. It was close to the Trinity River, and had been abandoned since some floods a few years back. It was only about ten thousand square feet. There were about twenty five cars in the small lot. They were clearly eager for the guest of honor. Tonight, the guest of honor would be Cerberus.

Two guards were at the door, clearly some rented muscle from one of the Hispanic gangs. He strode up to them.

“Hey, ese. No entrada sin invitation” Cerberus dispatched them with two strokes of his katana, then quietly walked through the door. He closed and locked it behind him.

“May I have your attention please!” The people in the room fell silent, as unknown to them, he actually spoke to all telepathically. They all heard him clearly.

“The Main Attraction has been cancelled tonight, but I am pleased to announce that alternate entertainment has been found. He paused for effect. “I, my friends am Cerberus, the Guardian of the Underworld and I am here to send you to my home. Hell”

The few minutes that followed were unbridled carnage. He either shot or cut to pieces every soul that was there to do harm.

He found one small girl that was the captive of one of the “guests” there. He saw her, cowering in a corner. "Who are you with?" She trembled and pointed to a man whose head was no longer attached. He found the keys to the man's car.Tossing her the keys, he said, “Go. Find your family. They want you back” She ran, too terrified to speak.

When he left, not a soul was left alive. Twenty nine men were dead, and Cerberus felt nothing more than if he had kicked an ant mound.

When Kevin got to the warehouse, the limo was already there. He opened the back door, as Cerberus had instructed in his message. He saw Belle, sitting in her little fetish outfit, staring straight ahead. Remembering his French, Kevin spoke.

“Belle?”

She looked blindly in his direction. “Yes, sir?”

“Please, Belle, call me Kevin”

“But the mistress will punish me if I fail to show respect”

“The bitch you call mistress will never trouble you again. Do you understand? Cerberus took care of her and her husband. Remember that. When the police ask you. You tell them Cerberus did it”

“Who is he? My friend from the car ride?”

Kevin smiled. “Yes, him. Honey, you’re free now. I’m going to take you to the police, and I’m going to call your parents. They are very worried about you. Now come on out here and we’ll get you some better clothes to wear”

Belle began to draw up into a ball, as she tended to do when she was unsure or scared. “Please, don’t lie to me. I don’t want to be punished again. I can’t see you, I don’t know…”

“Belle, I am not lying to you. I can’t, and I wouldn’t lie to you. Not now, not ever” Kevin reached to Belle. “Over here”

Belle slid over to the waiting arms of Kevin. He pulled her out, surprised at how light she was. She whispered in his ear. “I-I’m free?”

“Yes Belle, now and forever”

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What lies beyond...

Andrea Lena's picture

...for the evil...perhaps some final justice? For Belle? A life beyond the irretrievable? Hope comes in all shapes and sizes, and lives as well, aye? Excellent story! Thank you!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Okay

I was wrong. Cerberus is more straight forward than Stark. Although, she wouldn't raise a hand to help those he killed. I think they would understand each other. I am concerned that Belle's return to her parents will be tough. She is so very different from the boy she was. It's going to be hard on her folks, but Belle really needs them right now. Magic is alive in this world and so perhaps she might get help from those magic cops that was talked about. She survived, but now comes an even tougher part, the healing.
hugs
Grover

Excellent story

I'm worried about how Belle has been affected psychologically.

Good to see that

Those that Cerberus dispatched will truly be well rewarded by Hades/Pluto for their depredations

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Heads will roll! Oh wait,

Heads will roll! Oh wait, they already did. I'm very satisfied to see them dead, but I hope Belle gets help from specialists.

Very well written with very vivid images and emotions.

Even though Harris and Veronica are gone, what about Veronica's cousin Moira? Won't she try to take Kevein/Belle, again? You kept me in suspense thoughout this chapter. Thank you for sharing such an exquisite story.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Effective.

Extravagance's picture

I don't condone violence, but I've no qualms about using it if absolutely necessary. Very efficient, this Cerberus chap. I think I'm in love with his katana skills... And his handguns? Yummy. He can use "heavy penetration" on me any day. :D

Most importantly though, I'm in love with the way you write everything. ^_^
*HuggleSnugglePurr* <3

I shall definitely read on. : )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

I'm blushing!

He probably couldn't handle you! :)

Peace!
Cindilee