The Party of the Century

Printer-friendly version

*Her story*

“All this food and nothing that looks good...” I muttered under my breath. What I really needed was to go to sleep. I had been up for much too long as it was already, but I had that report to finish for my class later in the morning. “Operation: Fix the Munchies is a failure, Huston. Over and out.”

I closed the door to the fridge and turned to head back up to the den where my computer was when I heard something that almost sounded like music and laughter. This was odd, in and of itself, as I wasn’t much of a partier to begin with. It was made even more so by the fact that my parents were out of town and I knew I was home alone.

As I descended the stairway to the basement, the music and laughter grew louder and louder. It was almost like someone had broken in just to throw a party in my parent’s house. I turned the corner at the bottom to find myself standing in front of a door that shouldn’t have been there. Across its face were some weird markings that glowed in a soft, almost neon-like shade of blue.

I looked around to see if this was some kind of prank or something, Mom and Dad always were fond of pulling a fast one on me and at first it looked like something they would try. After inspecting the door again, I realized that it had nothing to do with them at all, it was very real, and there was no door knob anywhere to be found. So I did the only thing I could think to do: I knocked.

It surprised me when it opened as quickly as it did. I looked around and didn’t see anyone at first. Then some butler looking guy stepped out from behind the open door.

“Welcome, young master, to the Party of the Century. Might I inquire if the young master would care for a drink?”

“What would you recommend, sir?” The words came unbidden out of my mouth. I normally didn’t talk like that, but

“The house has one of its best vintages on ice tonight, young master, and it is exquisite.” He answered after giving the question some thought.

“Then I’ll take your recommendation sir, thank you. May I ask where the music is coming from?”

“You may, or I could lead you to it, young master. If you would, please.” He said as he turned on his heal and proceeded to the only other door in the room. As I followed, I took a look around and noted that while the room’s décor was rather understated, if you knew what to look for you could tell that it was all topshelf stuff.

Wait just a minute here. I thought to myself. Since when did I talk and act like that.

I pushed the thought out of my mind as I followed the butler through the door. I could do nothing to suppress my gasp of surprise when the door opened into a beautiful courtyard somewhere in a desert. It was late in the evening and it looked like the Sun was barely still on this side of the horizon. I was led across the courtyard to a bench by a gazebo where the band I had heard from my kitchen had just struck up another lively dance tune.

I took a seat and it couldn’t have been but a mere moment before the butler returned with a bottle sitting in a bucket of ice and a flute of some pinkish looking champagne.

“Your drink, young master.” He said as he handed me the flute.

“Why, thank you kind sir.” I’m surprised that the horror I felt at flirting with this man didn’t show on my face. I sat for what felt like an hour, sipping this drink and just listening to the music. As I listened, I started to feel a little strange. I looked over to the bottle only to find that I had consumed all of its contents. I felt some strange tingling sensations across my body. I also noticed that my clothes seemed to cling to me in areas that were normally loose and felt looser in other areas, but I chalked that up to the wine I had just consumed. Strange things tend to happen when you drink too much and all that.

No matter, I could just get one of the boys here to get me another. I thought to myself as I looked at the now empty bottle. I felt some small part of my mind screaming that this was all wrong, that I shouldn’t be here, that I should be trying to find a way back home, but I pushed it aside and made my way back through the courtyard to the Captain’s chambers. That I even knew there was a Captain here, let alone that he had is own chambers or where they were never once struck me as odd.

“I don’t know what you’ve done to me.” I told the man I had thought was a butler once I arrived at my destination. My voice sounded came out in a much higher pitch than it normally would have, but I paid it no mind. “But I like it. Might I ask why you chose me?”

“You answered the call.” He simple stated. “And the Captain must always have his mistress.”

I mildly wondered at what he was talking about as I looked at myself. I was surprised to find that somehow, during that hour or so I had spent drinking whatever that stuff was, I had been turned into some kind of woman.
My blonde hair, which had been kept in a buzz cut, now kissed the small of my back and my body had lost all other traces of hair on it. Even my clothes had changed. The flannel shirt and pajama pants I was wearing had become a white, sleeveless silk night gown that hugged every last one of my new curves beautifully. Once again, I heard that small voice in the back of my mind telling me that I needed to leave, that something was seriously wrong here and I just needed to get out and once more I pushed it aside as I slinked my way over to the Captain.

“Of course he must. How silly of me to forget.” I said with a look that a woman would give to a man she wants as I crawled up onto his bed to be with him. I could feel certain parts of my new anatomy moistening at the prospect of what I wanted him to do to me.

“Later, my darling.” He told me as I pressed myself into him. When he saw the pout on my face, he nodded to the lights that could be seen in the distance through the eastern window. “Look, we have a visitor coming. Why don’t you go and greet him, make sure he feels... welcome this night.”

“Very well, my master. It shall be done.” I responded as I turned and sashayed out of the chamber, adding just enough of a sway to my hips to hopefully get him to take me here and now.

*****
*His story*

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair,
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air.
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light.
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim,
I had to stop for the night.
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
“This could be Heaven or this could be Hell.”
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way.
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

"Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place...
Such a lovely face...
Plenty of room at the Hotel California.
Any time of year, you can find it here."

Her mind is tiffany-twisted. She got the Mercedes Benz.
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends.
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

So I called up the captain.
“Please bring me my wine.”
He said, “We haven’t had that spirit here since Nineteen-Sixty-Nine.”
And still those voices are calling from far away...
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

"Welcome to the Hotel California.
Such a lovely place...
Such a lovely face...
They livin’ it up at the Hotel California.
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis."

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice,
And she said “We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.”
And in the master’s chambers,
They gathered for the feast.
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door.
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before.
“Relax.” Said the night man.
“We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

The Eagles- Hotel California

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Party of the Century

GREAT way to honor a classic!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks...

My muse wouldn't leave me alone, so I caved and posted the results. ^_^

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Thank you.

Thank you. ^_^

Peace be with you and Blessed be

I like the way you used the Eagles Hotel California for the

Captain's story. The door in the basement though, sounds like something the Wizard from Spells R Us would put there as a prank.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thanks Barb

I may or may not have finished re-reading one of those stories shortly before writing this one... ;)

Peace be with you and Blessed be