Wild Magic 11

Printer-friendly version

Tim pulled into a parking spot at the Green Onion. I had never been here before, but I’d heard of it. Mom called it a “fusion” restaurant, serving a slightly odd mix of Hispanic and Mediterranean foods. It was supposed to be pretty good, so I thought it was a good choice.

There were quite a few couples from our school, and I realized that this was a popular “date” restaurant. I couldn’t give Tim any points for originality, but if this was that popular, the food must be pretty good. We were shown to a comfortable booth, and a smiling young man gave us our menus.

“Hi, welcome to the Green Onion. My name is Stephan, and it will be my pleasure to be your server this evening. May I get you something to drink?”

I choose a Diet Pepsi, and Tim had a Mountain Dew. When he returned with the drinks, I decided to have a small chicken Wet Burrito. Tim decided to be a little more adventurous, and he ordered something called a Chicken Cranberry.

“Interesting choice. Have you eaten here before?” I asked.

“No, but I’ve been asking everyone for their recommendations. I wanted someplace where we could relax, have some great food and get to know each other. It had to be a place where we could talk privately without bothering anyone. Several people suggested this place, so I thought it would be good for our first date.”

“Thanks, Tim. I’m impressed that you gave this so much thought.”

He smiled, shyly. “I really wanted to make a great first impression, without getting too “over-the=top”. I’m really glad you decided to accept my invitation.”

“Oh, Tim, we’ve had so much fun together already, and you’re a very nice guy. How could I not accept?” I smiled. “There aren’t that many good looking crazy guys out there!”

“Crazy? No, pretty lady.” He pulled himself up and sat very formally. “I consider myself to be pleasantly weird.”

I giggled, which got us both laughing.

“Pleasantly weird. I like that! Do you mind if I use that?”

“Be my guest, I’m happy to share. There really aren’t enough pleasant weirdoes out there.”

"Oh, I must agree!" I giggled.

Dinner continued in the same way from there. We had a lot of fun, and got a little silly at times. All in all it was very pleasant, and I really had a good time. Tim was right, the food was excellent. He let me try a bit of his Chicken Cranberry, which is a grilled chicken breast, Provolone cheese and spinach, with their special cranberry sauce. I thought it was very tasty. For dessert we split a caramel fried ice cream (Heaven!). I'd wondered how you could fry ice cream, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted.

As we left the restaurant, it was still light out, so we drove to the beach and watched the sun go down while we talked. We held hands and walked quietly along the boardwalk. I think we were both almost afraid to talk, not wanting to ruin the special feel of the evening. By the time we got back to the car, it was getting dark.

Tim opened my door for me, and before I got in, I reached up and put my arms around his neck. I had to pull him down a little bit, but our first kiss was amazing. The second was even better, but after that, they just kind of stabilized at wonderful.

When we came up for air, Tim looked at me with surprise. “Wow.” He said as I sat in the car. I smiled as he walked to his side, sort of dazed, but when he got in, he had a huge smile. I held his hand as we drove the short distance to myu house.

“I know you aren’t supposed to kiss on the first date, but I figured that was an old rule.” I told him, as we pulled into my driveway and parked.

Tim laughed. “Yeah, the rules have changed a lot. Now you’re just not supposed to sleep together on the first date, and that’s not really a rule...”

“Oh, yes, it is!” I said, firmly but with a smile. “I think that’s likely to apply to several dates yet.”

Tim laughed. “I don’t think we have to worry about that for some time yet. I’d really rather wait until I get married, personally.”

“My parents are gonna really like you!” I said with a giggle.

“I’m more worried about what you think, Emily.”

“I wouldn’t be worried, if I was you,” I said, smiling. “I’m already pretty sure how I feel.”

I gave him a kiss that I hoped wouldn’t leave any doubt about how I felt. He seemed to get the message loud and clear, and returned my answer enthusiastically.

We sat in the car talking (yeah, talking, that’s what it was...trust me) until Grandma came out and waved. I laughed.

“I think that’s their ‘subtle’ signal that it’s time I went in, what do you think?”

He smiled, and kissed me again. “Oh, I think maybe you’re right. I’ll let you go, as long as we do this again, and soon?”

“As much as I liked this, I hope we do some other things, too.” I smiled.

“Oh, if you insist, but I have to warn you, I’m a creature of habit.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah-and I think I’m really hoping to make this a habit. I’ll call you sometime this weekend-I don’t know what my parents have planned, but I’m sure that at some point I can steal a few minutes to talk to you.”

“Then I’ll keep my cell with me.” I kissed him one more time, and opened the door. “Talk to you later, I have to go make my report.” I giggled.

“I better go, too. I really had a good time, Emily.”

“Pretty great for a first time.” I agreed. “I don’t know how you're gonna top it next time.”

“Ooh, tough assignment!” He saluted. “I’m on it, Ma’am! Bye!”

I watched as he drove down the street, then sighed and went inside. Mom and Grandma were waiting, of course, and I told them what a wonderful time I’d had.

It was amazing. I’ve only been a girl for a short time, but I was pretty sure I was already in love. I wanted to be so happy, but I worried that things would change, or that I had read more into it than I should have. I held Grandma’s amulet tightly.

Please, let this be real.

Please?

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Please, let this be real."

I'm with her. I hope it really is real.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

I'm all in favor of it

Sometimes, life just sucks. I'm hoping it doesn't for these two, but sometimes my characters surprise me, and it's not always in a good way.

Wren

Well

I am sure that it is not real. Too much too fast. Good read though short.

Well...

I gotta tell ya, I plan on Tim being around for some time. Will they make a good couple? Will they stay together? To be honest, the odds are against them, however...ya just never know!

Wren

Thanks for the reply...

May heap they will get together anyway when all is resolved. Maybe not. That depends on you. But it does seem that there is some influence going on here and even if you are having trouble with the pacing I suspect tha you intended that influence to be perceived by the reader.

Anyway, irregardless, thank you for writing and publishing this.

I'm a bit on the fence now.

On one hand they could just really be clicking and I like this guy she with but on the other hand it's pretty fast really.

Still good stuff though Wren:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I think it's very fast as well!

I'm planning to address that in the next chapter-at least a litle bit. I know where this is going, but I'm trying not to reveal too much too fast.

So far, one of the biggest challenges I'm having is pacing the story. What can I say? What should I avoid? Arrgh!

It's been surprisingly easy to wite this (now that I say that, I've probably jinxed it) and a lot of fun. I've always let my dreams lead me, but not this time. I'm doing my best to let my characters tell me where to go (Emily is a pain, though. She's so sarcastic!).

Wren

No worries, Mate!

I have no intention of stopping anytime soon! I'm so surprised y'all like this! Thanks, everybody! (Can ya tell I'm insecure?)

Wren

just a little bit...

But it's in a cute way, so like you said, no worries ^^

--SEPARATOR--

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Peace be with you and Blessed be

I agree with Bailey

I'm really enjoying this Wren.

Thanks!

Like I said, it's fun! I thought writing this way would be hard, but so far ...

Wren

I'm not too sure

maybe you could work something out with the people who make stuff for the really big guys in the NBA or something? I know someone made a completely custom bike for one of them (the name completely escapes me at the moment) who was right around seven feet tall if I remember correctly.

--SEPARATOR--

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Peace be with you and Blessed be

I sort of inherited the

I sort of inherited the telephone of my great grandma. It has keys in like triple size. I'd suggest you just google or ask in a great electronic store.
Maybe they have extra big stuff for old people that might be a possible way to get such a keyboard...

Thank you for writing this interesting story btw ;)

Beyogi

Influence

Teek's picture

Okay the girls are protected from influence (at least we believe they are), but if someone is doing things to impact his/her life what about Tim? This is going fast, what if not all the influence was on the girls. And does the amulet override previous magic or just current magical influences on the personality? This kid's life is really messed up, and there is a reason for it. I am interested in finding out what the reason is.

It is a cute story, and I love the sense of humor between Tim and Emily. It makes it more real. I can picture two teenagers doing those roleplaying.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Parents ?

“My parents are gonna really like you!” I said with a giggle.

Are those the parents who supposedly died in that traffic accident ? Oops...

Hugs,

Kimby

What can I say...

So she had a slip of the tongue! Everyone makes mistakes once in a while-I've even done it, twice!
(or was that 3 times?).

Wren

Wild Magic 11

Hoping that her wish will cause any spell to backfire.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

cant be real

Sadarsa's picture

ok i know this is a very late comment...

but this is just way too over the top sickenly sweet. There is some serious messing with Minds here, no way no how would a straight guy do a 180 and bat for the other team in such a short amount of time.... and that's With the sex change. Even if he did change his sexuality overnight... he totally wouldnt go all *Lifetime Movies* in one single day.

There is definatly a puppeteer at work here.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~