Wild Magic 8

Printer-friendly version

At last! It was Friday, the day of my date with Tim. Every time I thought about him, every time I pictured his smiling brown eyes, I got a flutter in my gut, like flocks of butterflies, and a very nice warm feeling in my heart (yeah, I know what YOU were thinking. Tsk Tsk!).

I still don’t understand how it is that I am so accepting of this part of my transformation. It was just a short time ago that I was dating and in love with Debbie, even if that was “assisted” by a love spell. To my mind, the idea of dating a guy, especially this soon after my transformation, should be totally unacceptable!

It makes me worry about the idea that someone could be manipulating me again. I was angry when I found out that Debbie did it. The possibility that it is happening again makes me very suspicious about almost everyone and everything that is going on around me. There should be a way to tell if I’m being affected by magic, but Mom and Grandma told me it isn’t that easy.

It seems that Witches are not just affected by magic, we are completely surrounded by it. There is too much “interference” going on around me to be able to tell if something malicious is going on. I need to research this. It seems to me that it should be possible to distinguish between what I naturally have, and anything foreign to me.

Enough with the whining…so where was I? Oh, yeah.

I tried to dress the same as usual. I wanted to really make an impression on Tim when he saw me in a skirt for the first time. I can’t believe how much I was looking forward to this! I had been wearing my new boots as much as possible. I wanted to be used to the heels for my date-although a little bit of convenient clumsiness might get me into his arms a little quicker…

Even though I hadn’t planned on dressing particularly special, I have to admit, I looked awfully good! Tight black jeans, a navy blue blouse and a silver chain and earrings really looked nice against my blonde hair. I was half tempted to wear my boots, but I wore my black ballet flats instead. Not quite as nice, but so much more comfortable!

Mom smiled as I came into kitchen. “Wow, you look nice!”

I blushed a little. “Too much, ya think?”

I jumped when Dad came up behind me. “No, honey, if they don’t like my pretty daughter, they'll just have to deal with it. Just think, a couple more years, and you'll be in college!"

“Ooh, don’t rush that! I won’t have any football scholarships available anymore, so I’ve got to reconsider what and where I want to study.” I waved my hand in front of me. “This changes things.”

“I know, honey,” He said. “With your grades, you can pretty much choose whatever you want, though. Do you have any idea of what you might choose as a major yet?”

I had been actually been looking at going into the Navy. I could have played football there, and studied physics as a way to get into nuclear power technology, and except for the football, I could still do a big part of that, but I found that I no longer saw that as a career field I was attracted to.

What had changed my mind was my new ability in magic. I was fascinated by the possibilities. The question I had was, how could I best use college to take advantage of the things I could do now? I was considering a medical degree, but did I really want to be a Doctor?

I really enjoyed the idea of helping people, and the talent I had demonstrated in helping Debbie had definitely shown a proclivity towards magic. It was also a very long term commitment, and since I was close to Walker State University, I could remain at home, and still work with my magic. It seemed a good idea all around. I was going to have to look into this.

“I’m a little bit indecisive right now," I admitted. "I’m thinking pre-med, but I need to do more research.”

“If I can help you in any way, honey, just let me know. You’ve worked very hard all through school, and you should know that I’m very proud of you.”

I felt a warm glow from his praise, and it only made me want to excel, to make him even prouder of me. My eyes got a little wet, and I hugged him for a long while. “Thank you, Daddy; you have no idea how good that makes me feel.”

“Oh, I think I might, honey. You’d better get to school, so have a great day, all right? Love you, honey!”

“Got it handled, Dad. I love you too!”

Between the praise of my dad and the anticipation of the date, I was in a very good mood. I smiled at the parking guard, and found a good spot to park my truck. Before I could finish locking the door, I heard a voice behind me.

“Wow, Emily, you look great!” Tim said as he walked up behind me. I smiled and turned to look at him. He looked very sharp, in grey Dockers, a dark green long sleeve shirt and some black trainers. Some little Gabe part of my brain said “Nice”, but the Emily brain was drooling.

“You don’t clean up half bad!” I told him, smiling. “What’s the occasion?”

“Y’know, I just felt good this morning.” He smiled that killer smile. “I think it might have something to do with my plans for tonight,”

“Oh?” I said, as innocently as I could. “What’s up tonight?”

He laughed, and took my hand. “I have a date with a wonderful girl.”

“Hmph. I think I’m jealous. Is she pretty?” I asked, fishing for compliments.

“Yeah, but not glamorous. She’s got a great smile that just makes me melt, but best of all, she's genuinely a great person. Smart, funny and almost always smiling.”

“Oh, yeah? Sounds like someone’s dream girl.”

“Well, that’s true.”

“So, where are you taking Miss Perfect?”

“Oh, I have plans,” he said. “I want to take her out on a friendly date at first. I don’t want to put any pressure on her, and I want to enjoy being with her.”

“Gonna kiss ‘er?” I asked.

“Oh, I sure hope so. I think that’s up to her, though.” His smile was so wide, it almost cut his face in half!

“Hmm. Good plan.”I agreed.

“I thought so.”

We walked up to the doors, still hand in hand. Many people took note of us.

“Well, I gotta get to class.” He said. “See ya in the halls, I guess.”

“I’ll be watchin’ for ya.” I said, “Oh, hey, I got something for you!”

“Really? Whatcha got?”

“This.” I pulled him down to me and kissed him quickly. He smiled, and I said, “Coming attractions.”

I let go of his hand and walked away. I gave him a quick wave, and then smiled like crazy all the way to class.

It was gonna be a great day!

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Playful and Cute

terrynaut's picture

There are some ominous undertones to this - possibility of brainwashing? - but I loved the interplay between Tim and Emily.

This is fun. Please keep up the good work.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

I'm finding it hard...

to keep the smile off my own face. it's nice to see Emily falling into the role so well. By the way, nice description with how she reacted to seeing Tim. That was pretty funny.

--SEPARATOR--

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Fun chapter

Made me smile.

Manipulation?

They are all so worried that shw's being manipulated again, has anybody considered that the spell used to help her ease into womanhood and teach her about Arizona was just better than expected or is understood?

Oh, yeah.

I've pointed out that it seems the "event" which changed Emily seems to have done an awfully complete job on her transformation for an accident...

Wren

I'm still with there's been something done/happened.

It's just Emily keeps coming back to it and that feels like a gut feeling to me. Plus...if it's too good to be true it probably is.

Great Story Wren:)
Keep up the great work.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I hope this is natural

and she isnt being magically induced to love him. That would be horrible.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Wild Magic 8

She is taking charge perhaps by subconsciously saying "I'M A GIRL!"

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Butterflies in our tummies, not guts!

Hmmmm, actually I was thinking of my first date lol! The same thing of course happened with me. Too bad the date was a bomb though! Oh well, we can't have everything can we!?

BTW, nice story.

Hugs

Vivien

At last! It was Friday, the day of my date with Tim. Every time I thought about him, every time I pictured his smiling brown eyes, I got a flutter in my gut, like flocks of butterflies, and a very nice warm feeling in my heart (yeah, I know what YOU were thinking. Tsk Tsk!).