Kidnapped. Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Kidnapped 1
By kayla don
Edited by Red_MacDonald

You know, it’s weird to be standing here in this spot, outside the place that made me the person I am to day. As I look at the building that has haunted my dreams for the past fifteen years, I just have to think back on the events that took place all those years ago.
******
“Mom, I’ll see ya later.”
“Be careful and call me when you get there.”
I went to the garage, hopped on my hummer H1 golf cart, and took off towards my friend Cade’s house.

I loved driving my golf cart through the back woods of my family’s huge estate. It was my ‘me time.’ We where the richest people in our town, and I had it made. My dad owned a couple hundred fast food restaurants, and mom owned about forty Best Buys.

I had it made. Yeah, I was spoiled rotten, and I always got what I wanted. I had just turned thirteen and life was great. Cade and I were always in trouble with everyone from the school to the law, but my dad always used his power to get me out of trouble.

I made it to Cade’s house and walked in. Cade wasn’t as rich as I was, but his family was wealthy. I walked into his den and plopped down on the couch. I was so stoked, because his parents were gone for the weekend. And we had the whole place to ourselves which meant one thing - PARTY BABY!!!!!

Cade’s folks had this old barn on their property, and we always used it for the party’s. Cade’s mom and dad were awesome. They knew we had these party’s and didn’t care, as long as we cleaned up afterwards.

We called a friend who called a friend who called a friend, and before we knew it, we had about two hundred teens and college people coming. We only had one rule: if you came, you had to bring food, beer, or drugs.

We had a DJ friend come out and set up, which really set off the place. We had everything from McDonalds to Pizza Hut, and more beer and liquor than we knew what to do with.

About midway through the party, this girl I didn’t even know started to come on to me. Now at fourteen, I looked a lot older then I was. I stood five feet ten, and weighed two hundred and three pounds. I already had hair on my face, which I wore in a sole patch. I also played a lot of sports and had a rock hard body.
Most people thought I was between eighteen and twenty. Cade was the same way.

This chick and I started making out, and then we went to the hayloft. We made love,to Hinder's get stoned, and then went back to the party. That was freaking awesome.

It was about two in the morning when it happened. I had just smoked a huge joint and drunk about a pint of jack Daniel’s. Add that to the beers I had been drinking, and it was a miracle I was even conscious much less walking behind the barn to take a piss.

I unzipped my fly and started putting the fire at city hall out, when I felt a sting in the back of my neck. I turned around to see three people in black ninja like outfits standing there. Then I passed out.

I woke up in the dark I couldn’t see at all. My head was pounding, and I was feeling sick to my stomach. I also had this chalky taste in my mouth.
“HELLO!!!” I yelled into the darkness. It was silent for a minute before the lights came on.

I was in a small windowless apartment, the room was lightly decorated and plane. There was a fully stocked bookshelf and a couch. There was a bed in one corner with a desk next to it. There was also a closet and a bathroom.

“Go clean yourself up in the bathroom!” a woman’s voice came from an intercom speaker.
“Where the hell am I?” I asked.
“SILENCE!! And do as your told,” she yelled.

I was scared, but didn’t show it. ‘Maybe, after I do what they want, I can get some answers.’ I slowly walked over to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

It was easy tell I had been partying. As soon as I saw the black stain on my chin and on the front of my shirt, I knew right away that I had my stomach pumped with that charcoal stuff.

When I was twelve, I was rushed to the hospital after I drank to much vodka, where they did the same thing.

I cleaned myself up and walked back into the room. I looked into the dome camera above the intercom and asked again, “Why am I here?”

“Just do as you’re told, and you will leave here in one piece,” is what was said.
That’s when I realized that I had been kidnapped, and that it wasn’t some prank from my friends.

‘They must be after my parents’ money,’ I thought as I sat on the couch. I just decided to do what they say and wait, until my folks paid the ransom and I could go home.

Then I thought, ‘What if they decide to kill me anyway? What if I never see my mom and dad again? What if they sell me to one of those slave rings?’
A million thoughts went through my head, until my thoughts were interrupted by a ding.

I looked over to a corner, and saw a small door open, and a tray with food slide into the room. There was a chef salad with a little chicken and a lot of green stuff, along with that was a bottle of water and a large green pill in a little cup with some other small pills.

“Can I at least have a coke to drink?” I asked.
“No you may not, now eat and take all the pills.”
“What are the pills?”
“They are vitamins, now eat.”

I wasn’t one to eat a lot of salads. I think up to that point in my life I had only had maybe three. However, I was hungry so I dug in. It was actually very good, and I didn’t leave any of it.

I looked at the pills and hesitated before I took them.
After I had eaten, I explored my small apartment, and then took a nap. When I woke up, I was bored, so I went back to the intercom. “Hey, can you at least get me a TV or something?”

“No, I can not. If you want something to do you have plenty to read”.
‘Damn it, are these people stupid? How am I suppose to be entertained by a book?’

I thought, as I walked over to the bed. I just lay in the bed until I went to sleep. I was very tired for some reason.

I was awakened by the ding. I looked over to the tray on the table next to the little door. I looked at the food. It was grilled chicken with white rice a roll and a bottle of water along with the pills.

I ate and put the food back by the little door. Then I just sat on the couch until the boredom overtook me. I looked through the book selection. Just out of boredom, I counted them.

I had four hundred books, both fiction and non-fiction, and from romance to westerns. There was also a bunch of learning books. I looked in the desk and found a couple stacks of paper and some pens.

I had no idea how long I had been there, but it seemed like an eternity. I decided to pull a movie stunt. Every time they gave me food, I would mark on a piece of paper and count every three as one day.

The next meal was a banana, bowl of corn flakes and some strawberry yogurt. I figured it must be morning. I ate the food, took the pills, and then put the tray back.
I waited a while before marking the paper.

Not long after the tray was removed, the voice returned. “Go stand between your bed and desk,” it ordered.
“Have my parents paid my ransom yet? I would like to go home.”

“Silence! Do as your told right now!!”
I walked over and stood in the spot. Suddenly, a small door-sized part of the wall slid into the floor. There was a room with a treadmill and a desk, as well as a piano and violin on one side of the room, and a cello in a corner to the other side. I slowly walked in.

The voice ordered, “Get on the tread mill and set it at ten.”
“So you guys can afford all this, but not a TV?”
“Just do what I said already,” the voice said, in a calm but annoyed tone.

I climbed on to the treadmill and set it to ten. It started me in a light run.
According to the timer, I had run for thirty minutes before the voice told me to stop.

Then she told me to go to the mat on the floor in the middle of the room.
I did as ordered and stood on the mat. A few seconds later, I was amazed when this huge flat screen lowered from a hatch in the ceiling.

The voice told me to follow the video to the letter or I would be beaten.
These people were calling the shots, so why try to fight them? The video was a yoga routine.

I followed the moves as best I could. I wasn’t the most limber person in the world, so it was a little tough. Then this other exercise video came on, and I followed it.

After this, I was sweating like a hog, and I was told to go to take a shower. I was told to put my baggie shorts and dirty t-shirt by the food door.
I got in the shower wondering what was going on.

‘I’ve never heard of kidnapers like this. Was something else happening?’
I finished the shower and left to get my clothes. Instead of my shorts and shirt, I found what reminded me of hospital scrubs. They were white. There was also a pair of socks and some simple, white, tiny shoes.

I put the clothes on and returned to the room.
I was told to sit at the desk, which I did.
The TV moved on this rail-like thing and positioned itself in front of me. This picture of an anime woman’s head appeared on the screen.

She started talking about what I will be learning while I am there.
“What the hell?” I said out loud

“Quiet, while I am talking to you,” the anime woman scolded me. “This may be a cartoon avatar you are seeing, but I am a real person and your teacher. Now hush while I talk.”

“What is going on? Why am I here? And who the hell are you people?”
“All I can tell you is that you will be here until we release you, and the more you resist the longer you will be here.

'Now sit down shut up and listen.”
“I WANT SOME FUCKING ANSERS RIGHT NOW!!!” I yelled out.

“You will listen, or you will be punished.”
“FUCK you, bitch!” I yelled, while giving her the middle finger.

The room went dark. A door opened at the back of the room, and three big men came into the room. Before I knew it, I was being held by two of them, while the third stood behind me.

I was forced to bend down and grab my feet, even though I resisted. Then I felt a huge sting, as something made contact with backside, then another, followed by another. I started crying after about the thirteenth smack.

I was hit about forty more times, before I was allowed to fall to the floor as the men left the room.

The lights came back on. “Now you know what happens when you defy me. Now return to your seat,” the voice called out.

Slowly, I pulled myself to the desk. I didn’t want to sit down on my sore butt, but I had no choice.
She resumed by telling me to look in my desk, where I saw an I-pad-like device.

I was told it had the content of over forty textbooks, and it was set up so I could do any test or assignments on it. We started with math, and then worked our way through the other five subjects.

Then she told me to read one of the books in my room, and that there would be a test on it some time later. Before I was allowed to go back to my room, I was told that things would be a lot easier on me if I complied with their wishes.

I ate my third meal that night, and then I went to bed. I lay there wondering, ‘What the hell was going on. Why was this happening? And who were these people?’
I was very angry and sad at the same time.

I cried myself to sleep that night for the first time in a long time. ‘Would I ever see my family again?’
------------
i would like to thank ,Red_MacDonald for editing.

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The question I always ask myself is WHY?

Why was he abducted? By whom and for what reason/puropose? He/she survived and has returned to the place where their life was changed so I am assuming he is a woman now.

Why transform someone forcibly? To what purpose? Revenge, randsom, selling into slavery -- um why wouldn't it be cheaper to kidnap girls unless they are selling to perverts who want ladyboys? Maybe even his own family did this desparate to make something of his spoiled brat life?

So mostly why why why? What motivates the important characters.

The start was interesting but leads to a few other questions. Why now? And was the girl any party to it? Why did no one at the party notice the kidnapping?

Several unfortunate typos but nothing a good proofer would not fix.

As a trial ballon this one did get my attention.

Worth continuing.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Another Q is does he in some way deserve this harsh treatment or is he simply a victim or pawn in a bigger plan?

John in Wauwatosa

good start

off to a good start. they dont look to be after money. lets see what they have in store. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

As a story it's going ok so far Kayla

The spelling needs someone to proof read it to make it easier to read.

It's worth continuing I feel, but I need to get an idea of where you are heading to maintain my interest.

Thank you Kayla.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.
'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Interesting. I'm enjoying

Interesting. I'm enjoying the story itself, but...

I hate the kid. Obnoxious, assumptive, just a totally abhorrent child. I see nothing to make me care for him; this makes it a bit difficult to feel any sympathy.

Did you mean for him to be so hateful, or is it only me that's feeling this? Am I just being hyper-sensitive to rich, utterly spoiled, bragging children? It's his braggadicio that particularly pisses me off, I think.

Beyond that, as mentioned above, you do need a proofreader. If you are using a spell-checker, double-check all homynyms (not sure if I got the right word; I mean words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings. A great many are in error).

So, yes, good story, excellent effort, and thank you for writing and sharing with us!

Kayla Don's, kidnapped.

Where does it end?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interesting Start

RAMI

Interesting.start to the story. I have the same questions as others, primarily the why's and what's . I would have sent it in.a PM, but since others have already mentioned it, a good spell check is needed.

Rami

RAMI

Not for Ransom

Does he have a name. While he protests somethings, taking the vitamins has him voluntarily participating in his own transformation. Good possibilities, hopefully he will be participating more in his changing.

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors