Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 15.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 15 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

Previously.....

    Sarah let out a scream as she saw all the monitors showing the inside of the house go to static and Lexi’s coms go silent. “Lexi? Lexi? Speak to me baby!” Sarah said with fear in her voice.

    Lana and Alice ran into the coms centre with Maggie, Tammy and Mellissa following close behind. Alice and Lana had told them on the way to back to the base what Lexi was going to do. They were all worried about her, and the way Sarah was panicking right now wasn’t helping to calm them down.

    Sarah lost it when she saw Alice enter the room and she let Alice wrap her arms around her as she sobbed on Alice’s shoulder. “She’s not answering Alice. Why isn’t she answering me?” Sarah asked.

    Lana had taken over the coms again now and she was not having any more luck than Sarah had trying to get Lexi on the coms.

And now the story continues

     “I finally get to a good old barbecue and forgot to bring any marshmallows.” A southern voice suddenly said over the coms.

     “Lexi!? Thank god you’re still alive.” Lana shouted into the mike. “Are you hurt?” She asked with worry in her voice.

     “No sugar, I’m fine, just a little crispy round the edges.” Lexi said using the same southern slur. “Sorry for being quiet, but I ripped out the ear wig when I took the wig off.” Lexi explained.

     “Where are you now?” Lana asked.

     “I’m in the car and heading back to base as we speak.” Lexi said in her normal voice now. Lana figured out that Lexi must have taken the helmet off.

     “Do you have time to talk with Sarah? She was pretty worried when you didn’t answer after the house blew up.” Lana said with Sarah stood next to her ready to take the mike away for her.

     “Do I stand any chance of stopping her talking to me Lana?” Lexi asked with a giggle.

     “No you don’t stand a chance in hell of stopping me talking to you.” Sarah said.

     “Hello love. Sorry if I scared you just now.” Lexi said with a pout in her voice.

     “Don’t worry about that Lexi; I’m just happy to hear your voice.” Sarah said with a giggle as tears rolled down her cheeks.

     “Are Maggie, Tammy and Mellissa okay?” Lexi asked.

     “Trust you to get blown up and still be more worried about someone else.” Sarah said as she rolled her eyes. “But yes they are all stood here in the room looking worried, but safe and sound.

     “I’ll talk more when I get back to base Saz. Can you make sure they have a place to sleep and something to change into until we can get them sorted out with some new clothes?” Lexi asked with a tired edge to her voice.

     “We’ll get it sorted out Lexi; you just get home so I can check you all over to make sure you are okay.” Sara purred into the mike.

     “I’ll see you soon.” Lexi said, not taking the bait Sarah was offering.

    Maggie, Tammy and Mellissa were still in shock as they stood huddled together looking around the large room full of computers and other electronic devices used for god knows what.

     “Has my home really been blown up?” Tammy asked with a tear in her eye. “Why would someone want to kill us?” She asked another question.

    Before anyone could say anything in response to Tammy’s question they watched as Alice sprayed her face with something and then peeled off the mask she’d been wearing.

     “Who are you people, and what have we been dragged into?” Maggie asked with some anger in her voice.

     “Let’s go and find you someplace to sleep, then we can all sit down and explain everything to you.” Lana said as she led Maggie and the two girls out the coms room and down the hallway towards Lexi’s and Alice’s apartments.

    Lana gave them the apartment next to Alice’s, so they would be close by if anything happened through the night.

    Maggie. Tammy and Mellissa were all sat on the sofa still in shock when they heard the door to the apartment open and they saw a woman that looked just like Alice walk in. They all wondered if this was Lexi showing her real face.

     “Lexi?” Maggie asked with some hope in her voice that they would finally get some answers now.

     “Yes Maggie it’s me.” Lexi said as she walked over and sat down on another sofa facing them. “I’m sorry for the mask while I was protecting Mellissa, but it was needed to keep my true identity a secret.” Lexi added looking a little sad that she had to lie to them all.

     “Can you please explain why someone wanted to blow up my house and kill us now?” Maggie asked as she pulled both the girls a little closer like she was going to protect them from what Lexi was about to tell them.

    Lexi took a couple of deep breaths and looked at Mellissa, worried about how she would take what she was about to say to her. “I’m sorry Mellissa, but what I am about to say is going to upset you, but you need to know everything so you can move on with your life.” Lexi said as she looked at Mellissa in all her gothic clothing and makeup. “You both look very pretty and scary at the same time by the way.” Lexi added with a smile.

    Even with everything that had just happened to them, both girls giggled as they looked down at the black painted fingernails and the clothes they had on. “Thanks Lexi.” They both said at the same time.

     “You look even prettier now than you did when we first met you.” Tammy said with a grin, as she looked at Lexi’s face without the mask.

     “You need to thank my sister for that one Tammy.” Lexi said with a grin as she looked at Alice sat next to her cuddled up to Lana.

     “I have a feeling I already know what you’re going to say Lexi, but please tell me what you know.” Mellissa said as she gripped her hands together with worry, and stopped all the chatter going on around her.

     “I can’t go into too many details about this place, or what we do, but I have a feeling some of that has already become clear to you.” Lexi giggled.

     “I can see you do more than just babysitting Lexi.” Mellissa said as she smiled back.

     “Yes, a lot more, but we don’t need to talk about that now.” Lexi said trying to get back to the matter at hand. “Someone up on the hill must have found out that someone else planned to remove you from the picture and we were told to keep you safe at all costs.” Lexi added.

     “So this was just a job to you then Lexi? I thought we’d become friends over the past week?” Mellissa asked with a hurt tone to her voice.

     “We did become friends Mellissa, but it was just a job when I first saw you on Monday morning. I thought I was going to be living in hell trying to keep some prom queen safe while she pranced around the school thinking she owned it.” Lexi snapped at Mellissa angrily.

     “But I’m not like that Lexi, I never was.” Melissa said with a hurt tone to her voice this time. “I realised that the night I found Tammy.” She added in a whisper.

     “Well now you know it’s not nice to be labelled something when you’re not.” Lexi said, now she’d made her point. “I did become your friend Mellissa, and yours Tammy.” Lexi said with pleading in her voice for them to believe her.

     “Why would someone want to kill Tammy and me though? We’re no one special.” Maggie asked.

     “No reason at all Maggie. You and Tammy were just collateral damage.” Lana said as she sat next to Alice on the same sofa Lexi was on with Sarah. “They needed it to look like an accident of some sort, and a gas explosion while you ate your evening meal fit the bill nicely.” Lana added with a shrug.

    Everyone jumped when they heard Mellissa let out a scream as she suddenly realised something. “It’s my fault? It’s all my fault.” She screamed as she jumped up off the sofa. “I nearly got you both killed, just like I killed my mother.” Mellissa added as she backed away from everyone like she was a danger to them all.

     “You should have let me die Tammy! I should have died when mummy died!” Mellissa screamed as she backed up against the far wall in the living area.

    Lexi and the others were impressed with the speed Maggie got up off the sofa and was across the room and slapping Mellissa across the face to stop the panic she was in. “Don’t you ever talk like that again young lady.” Maggie snapped at Mellissa as she rubbed the side of her face where Maggie had just slapped her.

     “But I don’t have anything left to live for.” Mellissa said as she started sobbing. “I’m all alone in the world with people wanting me dead, and anyone that knows me.” Mellissa added as she slid down the wall to a heap on the floor.

     “Now you’re just being foolish Mellissa.” Maggie said as she sat on the floor facing her. “If you were all alone in the world and no one cared about you, then why are you not dead like someone intended?” Maggie asked.

    Mellissa went to say something, but stopped when she must have realised it was a flawed argument, and then she went to say something else, but must have thought the same thing. She just let out a sigh and shrugged in the end.

     “You have a room full of friends Mellissa. Lexi even got herself blown up to prove how much of a friend you are to her.” Maggie giggled as she tried to lighten the mood a little. “And don’t forget about your sister Tammy, she loves you very much.” Maggie added with a smile.

    Mellissa looked a little puzzled when Maggie called Tammy her sister. “If you think Tammy is my sister, then that would mean you think I am your daughter?” Mellissa had more tears in her eyes as she saw Maggie start grinning as she nodded her head up and down.

     “I’ve loved you like a daughter for as long as I’ve known you Mellissa, and if we’ve got to start over then I’d like it to be as yours and Tammy’s mother.” Maggie said as she held her arms open to let Mellissa get a hug from her new mother.

    They were soon joined by a crying Tammy when she realised that her mum had just said that Tammy was here to stay. “Did I hear you right mummy? Can I become Tammy for real?” Tammy asked as she let her mum and Mellissa pull her into the hug.

     Lexi and the others just gave them a little time to pull themselves back together again. They were soon all back on the sofas waiting for Lexi and the others to finish telling them what they knew about the people wanting them dead.

     “I’m sorry about my outburst just now.” Mellissa said in a polite voice that didn’t fit the way she looked at all. “And thank you for keeping me and my family safe Lexi.” Mellissa added the word Family with pride.

     “Think nothing of it Mellissa.” Lexi said with a grin. “You know us misfits got to stick together.” She added with a giggle.

     “Do you know who’s trying to kill me then?” Mellissa asked once they all stopped giggling at Lexi’s comment.

     “We don’t have all the facts, but we do have a pretty good idea that your step dad has a lot to do with it.” Lexi explained. “He has the most to gain from your death because after your mother died, you got all the money that she left, so with you out the way it will go to Doug.” Lexi added using the name Doug instead of step dad after she saw Mellissa wince at the use of the word.

     “Sounds like something he’d do, or hire someone to do.” Mellissa said with anger in her voice. “He’s always hated me, even more so since the death of my mother, and I walked away from it.” Mellissa added as she let Maggie and Tammy hug her again.

     “It gets worse Mellissa.” Lexi said, not sure if she was doing the right thing saying what she was about to say. “We think Doug had something to do with the crash that killed your mother, and should have killed you.” Lexi added.

    Mellissa looked calm as she thought it all through. “It would make sense now you say it Lexi. Doug was almost forcing me to kill myself just after my mother died, and I would have if Tammy hadn’t stopped me.” Mellissa looked at Tammy and smiled as she held her hand in hers. “He wasn’t happy with my friendship with Tim, or my new mum. Whenever I felt down after that, I would go and talk with them and ride out the depression.” Mellissa added with a grin.

     “That would explain the reason for him going ahead with the plot to blow you all up then.” Lexi said. “You two messed with his plan to get at the money your mother had left for you.” Lexi added with anger.

     “We can’t let him get away with it Lexi.” Mellissa said. “I want him to pay for what he did to my mother, and nearly did to my new family.” She added getting angrier.

     “Don’t worry Mellissa, he’ll pay, but we will have to wait a bit to do it.” Lexi said in a calming way. “Let him and everyone else think you all died in the house and settle into a new life some place first.” Lexi added with a grin.

     “Our boss is in Washington at the minute trying to find out just how much trouble your ste... I mean Doug is really in.” Lana explained.

     “Trouble?” Maggie asked.

     “Yes, we’ve had some Intel come through that Doug has some dirt on people within the CIA, and he’s been using it to get them to kill your mother Mellissa, and now try to kill the three of you by blowing up your house.” Lexi told them.

     “The CIA? Won’t they be able to find out that we’re still alive though?” Maggie asked looking scared again.

     “Not a chance. We work outside of the government and have two of the best hackers around working for us.” Lexi said with pride as she spoke about Bill and Ted.

     “You make it all sound like that movie, Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise in it.” Tammy said looking excited.

     “I guess it is Tammy, but I look much better in a dress than he ever would.” Lexi said as she flicked her hair out of her face and struck a sexy pose.

    This had everyone rolling around laughing as they tried to think about Tom Cruise in a dress, and with how modest Lexi was, or not as the case was as she kept doing different poses.

    Once they all stopped laughing and were sat up again, Lana explained some things to Maggie, Tammy and Mellissa before letting them get some rest.

     “I hope you all understand that your old lives are dead now. You can never have any contact with people you knew before today. Do you understand what I’m saying?” Lana asked the three of them.

     “The only two people I want to keep in touch with are sat with me right now.” Mellissa said with a smile.

     “The same goes for me too.” Tammy said as she cuddled up closer to her new sister.

     “I don’t have any close family still alive, and I was too busy working to build any friendships with people at work, so I guess the only people I care about are sat right here next to me.” Maggie said as she wrapped an arm around the two little gothic girls sat next to her.

     “I’ll let Lexi take you to her place now then, so she can find some sleep wear for you all.” Lana said as she looked at Lexi to help kit the girls and Maggie out.

     “How far is it to your place Lexi?” Maggie asked as they followed Lexi and Sarah down the hallway.

     “Not too far.” Lexi said as she came to a stop outside the door to hers and Sarah’s apartment “Here we are!” Lexi giggled as she pushed a button and the door opened for them to enter.

     “Wow!” Tammy and Mellissa went when they saw the massive flat screen TV taking up one wall, and all the games systems she had.

     “Can we come and play on this with you Lexi?” Tammy asked with a pleading look.

     “Do you like playing video games then Tammy?” Lexi asked with a grin.

     “Yes! Mel and I are always playing on my Playstation back home.” Tammy said before she realised that she didn’t have a home or a playstation anymore. “Well we did play on it all the time.” She added with a sad look.

     “Feel free to come and play on it anytime you want.” Lexi said as she pulled Tammy into a hug.

     “Can I come and play on it anytime too Lexi?” Mellissa asked.

     “I was talking about the two of you playing on it anytime.” Lexi giggled as she pulled Mellissa into the hug with her and Tammy.

    Maggie just took a seat on the sofa next to Sarah as they both watched the two little gothic girls hugging a blond wearing a leather look cat suit and high heeled boots.

     “Are you and Lexi an item Sarah?” Maggie asked in a whisper.

     “Yes, will that be a problem for you Maggie?” Sarah asked looking worried.

     “No, not at all Sarah. I’m glad that Lexi has a reason to come home at the end of a mission.” Maggie smiled. “She’s great with the girls as well.” She added with a giggle as they watched the three of them laughing and playing around over near all the games were kept on the shelf.

     “Lexi’s my soul mate Maggie. I lost her once; I don’t plan to lose her again.” Sarah said as she looked at Lexi smiling and having fun.

     “Are the two of you happy with the gothic look, or shall we try something new?” Lexi asked all excited.

     “We don’t have any other clothes to change into Lexi.” Mellissa pointed out.

     “I’m not much taller than either of you, so I’m sure we can find something for you both.” Lexi said as she led the way into the bedroom and the large room that had all her clothes in.

    Maggie and Sarah followed just behind them. Maggie wasn’t a very tall woman either, so Lexi knew that she’d be able to fit in most of her clothes until they could take them shopping for their own stuff.

     “Wow! Are all these yours Lexi?” Mellissa asked as she looked around the room full of clothes, shoes and jewellery.

    Tammy and Mellissa went straight for the more adult looking stuff, but stopped dead in their tracks when they heard Maggie shout at them. “Don’t even think about any of that stuff you two.” Maggie said in her stern motherly voice.

     “Arrr mum!” Both girls whined together as they looked at Maggie pleadingly.

    Maggie was trying not to giggle at how cute the pair of them looked when they did that, but she stuck to her guns and made them head over to a section that looked a little more their age.

     “Why do you have so many different styles Lexi?” Maggie asked as she looked around at all the clothes she owned.

     “Different missions call for different looks.” Lexi said with a shrug, like it was nothing.

     “Do I even want to know what you needed this outfit for?” Maggie asked with a raised eyebrow as she held up part of a PVC cat suit with a belt hanging from the hanger with a whip and handcuffs attached to it.

     “Probably not Maggie.” Lexi said looking flushed with embarrassment as she stepped over and put it back on the rack Maggie just got it from and then pushed the outfit either side of it together, so it was hidden from sight again.

     “I’d like to hear all about it baby?” Sarah purred in her ear as she wrapped her arms around Lexi. “I want to hear about the stories behind all these outfits one day.

     “Okay, fine, but just not this day Saz.” Lexi said looking nervous as she made Sarah break the hug they were having.

    Lexi and Sarah were soon helping Maggie to pick out some suitable clothes for the two girls to wear while they sat and waited for Lexi to cook them something to eat. Maggie had offered to help Lexi cook something for them all.

    Maggie sat Tammy and Melissa down at the large vanity in the room and got them to remove all the gothic makeup and use some moisturiser to keep their skin looking clean, but first she got them both to slip out of the clothes they had on. Tammy looked nervous as she started to get undressed.

     “Don’t look so worried hon, we understand you look a little different, but none of us will laugh at you.” Lexi said as she helped Tammy slip the dress off.

    Tammy smiled and relaxed again as Lexi took the dress and put it on a hanger before doing the same with Mellissa’s skirt and t-shirt. The two girls were soon cleaned up and wearing cute looking nightgowns. Tammy had a big grin on her face because Lexi had a small set of breast forms that she’d glued to Tammy’s chest to give her little breasts just like Mellissa had.

    Lexi, Sarah and Maggie left the two girls playing video games while they went to make a start on dinner for them all. Lexi was going to call Alice and then Bill once the food was ready, so they could all sit and eat together.

    Maggie had liked the chilli Lexi made the other day so much that they ended up making it again. It was also easy to make in bulk for them all. Maggie found out some basic facts about how Sarah and Lexi first got together, but they never touched on the subject of what led to them being apart for seven years, or the fact that Alex had been dead for them seven years.

     “Lexi? Will you be able to help me with Tammy?” Maggie asked while sat waiting for the chilli to cook. “I have no idea where to even start sorting all this stuff out.” She added with a sigh.

     “I’ve already said I would Maggie.” Lexi smiled as she took hold of Maggie’s hand to comfort her.

     “I know what you said Lexi, but that was before the house got blown up and we found out Doug Green wanted us dead.” Maggie said.

     “You’ll get all the help you need with Tammy and Mellissa.” Lexi said. “You will have to live here with us for the time being while Tammy has some tests done to make sure this is what she really wants, but I can already see that it is.” Lexi giggled as she saw Tammy and Mellissa playing some dancing game on one of the game systems.

     “I think she’s always been Tammy. Tim was just a mask she wore for the outside world, a very badly fitting mask, but still a mask.” Maggie said as she watched Tammy moving around and giggling just like Mellissa was without even thinking about it.

     “If all goes okay, by the time you head back out into the world, you’ll have two beautiful daughters.” Lexi told her.

     “Won’t Tammy have to wait until she’s eighteen before she can have the surgery to make her look like a girl?” Maggie asked.

     “Normally yes, but these aren’t normal circumstances Maggie, and it will help to stop anyone finding you or the girls. You’ll just be a single mum with two daughters.” Lexi said with a grin.

     “That will make Tammy happy when she finds that out.” Maggie said with a grin.

     “We’ll talk more about it when the old man gets back from Washington, but for the time being we can all relax and have some fun.” Lexi giggled as she pushed Maggie with her shoulder.

    Maggie giggled as well and pushed Lexi back. “What do you do for fun around here apart from play video games and protect the planet?” Maggie asked.

     “We have a massive pool we like to swim in, and there’s the training room to run around in as well.” Lexi pointed out. “I could teach them how to scuba dive if they would like that.” Lexi added.

     “At least they won’t get bored then.” Maggie said with a grin. “Do you mind if I tag along and do some of them things with you all?” She asked looking hopeful.

     “I was planning on you coming and doing all of them with us Maggie.” Lexi said with a grin.

    Maggie was young when she had Tim, but she had never once failed him as a mother, and Lexi thought that if they made Tammy look a little older, and Maggie dressed a little younger, they could pass as sisters rather than mother and daughter.

     “Thanks for that Lexi.” Maggie said as she studied Lexi’s face as she realised that she knew this young woman, but at the same time the face was kind of new to her at the same time. “Why did you wear the mask while you protected Mellissa, Lexi?” She asked.

     “It’s complicated Maggie, but if all goes well and you sign some paperwork, then I will sit and tell you all about it.” Lexi said.

     “Does is have to do with Alice being your exact copy?” Maggie asked.

     “Technically I’m her copy, but yes it does.” Lexi said. “So what’s the story with you and Tammy’s father then?” Lexi asked changing the subject, so she didn’t have to start lying to Maggie.

     “He was a one night stand in high school.” Maggie said with anger in her voice. “He didn’t want anything to do with me when he found out I was pregnant with Tammy. My parents kicked me out and wanted nothing more to do with me.” Maggie added with tears in her eyes.

     “How did you cope with it all?” Sarah asked as she pulled Maggie into a hug with her. “How could your parents be so mean?” She asked as she rocked a sobbing Maggie in her arms.

     “My nana took me in and stopped speaking to the rest of the family. That was her house that got blown up tonight.” Maggie sobbed. “She left it me in her will when she died.” She added.

     “I’m sorry you lost the house then Maggie, if I’d know I would have done things differently.” Lexi said as she rubbed Maggie’s back while Sarah hugged her.

     “You saved my family Lexi. I can always get a new home, but not a new Tammy or Mellissa.” Maggie said with a smile. “You did everything right today, and I will always be greatful for that.” Maggie added as she pulled Lexi into a hug with her and Sarah.

    Dinner was soon ready and Lexi called Alice and then Bill to let them know it was ready. They all enjoyed the chilli then Bill and Ted sat playing video games with Tammy and Mellissa. Lexi smiled when she saw that Bill and Ted were losing on purpose to make the two girls feel better about everything.

    Maggie worked out right away that Bill and Ted were gay, which upset Lexi a little because she’d never realised it until Sarah pointed it out to her. Lexi realised that the old man was right when he wanted her to attend college with Sarah to spend more time around people.

    Lexi and the others spent the next couple of days having fun and relaxing in a very energetic way with swimming and playing around on the assault course, to target practice using paintball guns. Lexi, Alice and Lana showed the others how to scuba dive in the big pool.

    Tammy, Mellissa and Maggie all looked worried on the Monday lunchtime when they followed Lexi and Lana into a room where a man was sat behind a large desk. Alice and Sarah had gone to college to keep up Lexi’s cover as a student with Sarah.

     “Hello Maggie, Mellissa, Tammy.” Bob said with a smile as he pointed for them to take a seat on the sofas in the room as he got up from his desk and joined them. “I’m Bob Scott, but most of them just call me Bob, or Uncle Bob, and The old man.” Bob said with a frown as he looked towards Lexi.

     “Hi Uncle Bob.” Mellissa and Tammy said at the same time with a grin. “I’ve never had an Uncle before.” Tammy added with an even bigger grin.

     “Neither have I sis.” Mellissa added grinning just as much.

    Bob chuckled as he saw the two girls grinning at him. He liked these kids right away, and would do all he could to keep them safe, just like he’d done with Alice and Lexi, or Alex as it was to start with.

     “I hope this bunch of misfits have been taking good care of you all?” Bob asked Maggie, Tammy and Mellissa this question with a grin and a wink. “I’m sorry I’ve been away since you arrived, but I needed to find out some details before heading back here.” Bob added as he sat down in his favourite chair.

     “What did you manage to find out Bob?” Lexi asked looking hopeful.

     “I’ve found out that Doug Green was blackmailing a CIA agent over some illegal jobs he was doing on the side, so he got him to first sort out the car crash that killed your mother Mellissa, and then got him to sort out the bomb that killed all three of you.” Bob explained.

     “Do they all think they’re dead still?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes, as far as they all know, you all died, and the agent in question has been dealt with.” Bob said with finality.

    Lexi knew what Bob meant by that. The CIA didn’t just fire you and let you leave, they made you disappear, never to be seen or heard from again. “Do you think he has dirt on anyone else in the CIA?” Lexi asked.

     “I’m not sure, but he won’t be around long enough to use it if he does.” Bob said with a smile.

     “How can you be so sure of that old man?” Lexi asked with a puzzled look.

     “I’ve got Bill and Ted leaking some Intel to the two gentlemen that blew up the house, that Senator Green was the one that got their CIA agent burnt, and that’s the reason they won’t be getting paid for the job they just did.” Bob was grinning now.

     “What does all this mean?” Maggie asked, not understanding any of what they were talking about.

     “It means that Senator Green will probably have a nasty accident at some point in the near future.” Lexi said with a grin when she saw Mellissa’s eyes light up. “You see people like our two bad guys love their work, but they love the fact they get paid for it a little more, and they will see the good Senator as being the reason for them not being as rich as they thought they were.” Lexi explained.

     “I hope he dies screaming.” Mellissa said as she remembered how her mother burned to death in the wreckage of their car while Mellissa lay there at the side of the road.

     “I’m sure he will my dear.” Bob smiled, not bothered about the young girls anger one bit, he thought it was a healthy response. “Now then Tammy, let’s have a little chat about you shall we?” Bob asked with a grin.

    Tammy looked worried as she cuddled up to her mother a little more, and also found that Mellissa was being protective of her sister now as well. “Have I done something wrong sir?” Tammy asked looking scared now that she would have to become Tim again.

     “No, nothing wrong Tammy, and please call me Uncle Bob, I like the sound of it.” He chuckled with a warm smile.

     “Sorry Uncle Bob.” Tammy said with a smile, more relaxed now she knew she wasn’t in any trouble.

     “Don’t worry about it Tammy.” Bob waved her off. “I hear that Lexi told you her secret Tammy, and that you want to be just like her when you’re older, is that right?” Bob asked.

     “Yes Uncle Bob. I’d love to be just like Lexi when I’m older.” Tammy said looking excited about it.

     “Lexi is a very special girl Tammy, so do you want to be a girl, or a special girl just like her?” Bob asked.

     “I don’t understand Uncle Bob?” Tammy asked with a puzzled look.

     “I just need all three of you to sign these papers and then I can explain it all to you with some help from Lexi and Lana here.” Bob said with a grin.

     “Doesn’t anybody take the time to read things anymore?” Lexi asked with a frown as all three of them grabbed a pen each and signed the papers Bob gave them.

     “If it meant finding out more about you and this place Lexi, then I’d sign it in blood if I was asked too.” Tammy giggled.

     “I hope you give them some time to talk this over before you start her on any treatments?” Lexi asked Bob with warning in her voice.

     “She’ll go through all the same tests you had before we start anything, and she will also have you to help her deal with it all.” Bob said with a smile.

    Lexi thought Bob had a point, and Tammy would have her to help her deal with the changes to her body and strength she would have once the treatments were over. Lexi had no one to help her deal with the changes, and sometimes she wished she had. Tammy would also have Mellissa and her mother to help her get through it.

    Bob was soon telling Tammy and her family all about a boy called Alex, and his sister Alice. By the end of the story, Tammy was eager to become part of the project, but Lexi said she should take a couple of days to talk it over with her mum and sister first, and also have some one on one time with her down in the training room to see the sort of things she’d be able to do once she was healed and ready for action.

     “You’ll all live here on the base, but as you’ve already seen, we don’t want for anything.” Bob explained. “Mellissa will also undergo some surgery to make her and Tammy look more like sisters.” Bob added.

    Mellissa was fine with that, and looked forward to having Tammy and herself look more alike, and different to how they look now. Maggie asked a bunch of questions, but seemed happy with the answers and the fact that she and her family would be well looked after, and Tammy and Mellissa would be home schooled for the time being, then sent to the same college Lexi and Sarah were going too when they were older.

*****

    Tammy Talked it all over with Mellissa and her mum and they all agreed that she could do a lot of good in the world just like Lexi was doing, and Maggie knew that Lexi would be the one training her daughters to deal with almost anything they would face out in the world. So Bob gave them more papers to sigh and things got underway.

    A couple of days later Mellissa and Tammy were sat playing on the playstation in Lexi’s apartment with Maggie sat reading up on some of the treatments Tammy and Mellissa would be going through when Lexi and Lana came bursting into the room looking all excited .

     “Hey! What're you doing?” Tammy and Mellissa whined when Lexi picked up the TV remote and flicked to a news channel.

     “Sorry, but trust me this is well worthy you losing a game.” Lexi said as she sat down on the sofa to watch the news with Tammy, Mellissa and Maggie.

    “Breaking news just in is that Senator Douglas Green has been killed in a car crash earlier this morning. It’s believed that he had been drinking before taking his new Mercedes out on a country road near his house, where it looks like he lost control when a tire blew. The car ran off the road and exploded after hitting a tree. People close to the senator said he was not himself after the resent death off his step daughter Mellissa Green, this coming just two years after the death of his wife, who also died in a car crash.” A news reporter said on the large TV screen.

    Mellissa sat there looking shocked at the news, but she slowly started grinning as it sank in that her evil step father was now dead, and he died just like her mother had died. She knew she shouldn’t feel happy about another person being dead, but after all he’d said to her after her mother died, knowing that he’d caused it, and she couldn’t help grinning.

     “Do you feel better now Mellissa?” Lexi asked as she gave Mellissa a hug.

     “I’m glad he’s dead Lexi, and I hope he’s burning in hell for what he’s done, but I still want to see the men that carried out the task pay for it as well, and the ones that tried to kill Tammy, Mummy and me.” Mellissa said as she gripped hold of Lexi even tighter.

     “I’ll make sure they pay honey.” Lexi said soothingly as she hugged Mellissa. “I’ll make sure they both pay for what they did.” Lexi added with an evil grin.

    Life settled down with Tammy and Mellissa being taught by Alice and Lexi when she wasn’t at college with Sarah, or doing homework herself, or out on a mission. Tammy was also doing all the tests to make sure she was suitable for the guardian program like Lexi was. She passed all the tests and they started her on the treatments while she waited for the date of her surgery to arrive. Mellissa and Tammy both had minor surgery on their faces to make them look more like sisters and they both had something done to give them fiery red hair just like their mum had.

    While all this was going on, Lexi and the others were keeping track of the two men that had tried to kill Tammy, Mellissa and Maggie. They had also found out that they were the same two men that killed Mellissa’s mother two years earlier. Once they had all the details, Lexi went to see Mellissa. She found her sat with Tammy playing video games. Lexi thought they looked a right pair sat on the sofa with their faces all bandaged up, the only way they could speak was in a mumble due to all the swelling.

     “Hi Tammy, Mellissa.” Lexi said as she took a seat on the sofa between them. “I have some news for you Mellissa, it’s to do with the men that killed your mother, and also tried to blow you all up.” Lexi added as she watched Tammy pause the game and sit back one side of her while Mellissa did the same on the other side.

     “Do you know where they are Lexi?” Mellissa asked with a mumble?

     “Yes we know where they are, and we are setting up a mission to go and put an end to it all.” Lexi told her. “I just need to know if you have any message for me to pass on to them before I send them to meet their maker?” Lexi asked with a grin.

    Mellissa looked to be deep in thought for a couple of minutes as she tried to think of something cool to say, but in the end she just came up with nothing. “I can’t think of anything cool to say Lexi. Can you just make sure they know I’m still alive, and that it’s payback for what they did to my mother, and then tried to do to my new family?”

     “Trust me Mellissa, they will both die with your name on their lips, and your picture burned into their memories.” Lexi said with a gleam in her eye.

    Mellissa tried to smile, but it was hard for Lexi to see it under all the bandages, but she could see in Mellissa’s eyes that she was glad Lexi would make them remember her mother and her when they died. Mellissa was also glad that Lexi would be stopping them from hurting anyone else as well.

Two days later

    Jim Bishop was sat in a bar having a drink when a cute looking redhead walked in. He liked the looks of her from the first moment he saw her. She took a seat at the bar on her own; but was soon joined by Jim as he got himself another drink and offered to buy her one at the same time.

     “So what’s a cute little thing like you doing in a place like this all on your own?” Jim asked as he took a sip of his whisky while looking at the girl next to him.

     “I had a falling out with my boyfriend, well ex boyfriend now, and he drove off without me, so I thought I’d come and get a drink and drown my sorrows.” Lexi said with a pout looking upset. “My name’s Mellissa, what do they call you stud?” Lexi asked in her best air head blond style.

     “I’m Jim, Jim Bishop.” He said with a smile like he’d just scored.

    Lexi smiled even more now she knew she had the right man, he looked a little different without his gas repair man uniform, but she did notice he was missing two fingers off his left hand though. “Nice to meet you Jim. What happened to your hand?” Lexi asked, sounding upset for the loss of his two fingers. Truth be told, Lexi was smiling on the inside at the thought of what else he would lose before the night was up.

     “I work in demolition and I got a little clumsy one day while at work.” He chuckled. “I never made that mistake again.” He added with another chuckle.

    Lexi had a couple more drinks as Jim tried to get her drunk enough to get her into bed. What he didn’t know was that Lexi had taken something to stop her getting drunk; while he was quite tipsy by the time they left the bar together. Lexi was wearing a mask, so she wasn’t too bothered about anyone seeing her face. Jim took her back to his hotel room where they both fell on the bed together.

    Jim woke up with a stinging pain in his cheek from what felt like a slap, he blinked his eyes open and looked around to see the red headed girl from the bar talking to someone on her mobile. He went to move, but soon realised that he was chained to the bed and he was gagged, so he couldn’t call out for help.

     “Good you’re finally awake.” Lexi said with a smile as she stepped up to him and slapped him again just to be sure.

    Jim tried to ask her what she thought she was doing, but it just came out as one long mumble. Lexi understood what he was getting at, so she filled him in on what was going to happen.

     “I bet you want to know what is happening to you? Well this is the last day of your life Jim.” Lexi smiled. “You’re going to die of a heart attack while playing some very kinky games with me.” Lexi added with a grin.

    Jim looked shocked when he heard what the cute little redhead just said to him, but at the same time he could tell by the look in her eyes that she wasn’t joking about it either. “Please don’t!” Jim screamed into the gag, but once again only a mumble came out. “I’ll pay you whatever you want!” He added, but still just a mumble was heard, but once again Lexi understood perfectly.

     “Was that a please don’t? And you will pay me whatever I want if I don’t kill you?” Lexi asked with a giggle. “Okay then, if you can pay me what I want, then you can live.” Lexi said with her hand on her heart.

    Jim nodded his head up and down willing to meet her price whatever it was, but Jim would soon realise that he would never be able to meet her asking price, not even if he had all the money in the world to use for his own.

     “The asking price is this.” Lexi said as she showed Jim a picture of a woman and a little girl smiling. “That is Mellissa Green and her mother. You killed her mother just over two years ago now, and then you tried to kill Mellissa a couple of months back.” Lexi said looking angry with him. “Yes I did say try, because she is still alive, as well as the boy and his mother who you also tried to kill at the same time.” Lexi went to punch Jim, but stopped herself just in time.

    Lexi walked over to a table and came back with a cane which she flexed a couple of times before she whipped it back and forth in the air a couple of times before looking at Jim with an evil grin on her face. Jim knew what was coming next, and he tried even harder to get free, but Lexi had done to good a job of chaining him to the bed naked he now noticed.

     “So here is the asking price for your life Jim Bishop.” Lexi said as she got ready to give him a good caning. “I want you to give Mellissa back her mother and the two years she lost with her. Can you do that Jim Bishop?” Lexi struck him with ever word she said. She’d hit him that hard that some of the welts coming up on his body were already bleeding.

    Jim was screaming into the gag, but only a mumble could be heard in the room, and nothing beyond the walls. He knew he was going to die now because he could never give this woman what she wanted. Jim grunted for Lexi to just get it over with, but Lexi wasn’t done explaining things to him yet, so she told him all about the pain he’d caused Mellissa, and how she wanted him to die thinking her name and seeing her face as the last thing he would ever see.

    Lexi went to the bathroom and slipped off the red wig before she removed the mask she’d been wearing while she picked Jim up at the bar. She slipped on a mask that made her look like the old Mellissa did just before she was blown up in the house with Tim and Maggie, then she slipped on a wig that matched Mellissa’s hair from the same time. Lexi stepped out the bathroom and watched the look on Jim’s face as he went as white as a sheet.

     “You’re friend Jason Noble had the very same look yesterday when I did the same thing to him.” Lexi said as she walked over to the bed with a small glass bottle in her hand.

    Jim looked shocked when he heard her say that she’d already gotten to Jason and killed him, but that soon left his mind when he saw her tilting his head back so she could make him swallow the liquid in the bottle she was holding. Jim thought he would scream for help when she took the gag out, but she just pulled something out the middle of the gag before she poured the contents of the bottle down the centre of the gag before washing the gag off with half a bottle of whisky to lose any trace of the chemical she’d just used on him.

     “I would have liked to take much longer to make you suffer, but it has to look like a heart attack. The kinky sex scene was the best I could do, but those welts look very painful.” Lexi said as she picked up a tub of salt and put some in her hand before she started rubbing it in some of them.

    Jim screamed until his voice gave out, then he started to feel a tightening in his chest, and his breath became raspy as he could feel his heart giving out on him.

    Lexi leaned in closer to look him in the eyes as he took his last hand full of breaths. “Tell Doug Green and Jason that Mellissa says Hi.” Lexi said as she saw Jim take his last breath. She sat on the bed looking at him for a couple of minutes before she checked to make sure his heart had stopped and he had no pulse anymore.

    Once she was sure he was dead, and she’d changed back to looking like the cute little red head that he had entered the hotel with, she packed up her things and left the room with Jim Bishop still chained to the bed looking like he’d had a heart attack while having kinky sex with a red head that didn’t exist.

    It wasn’t big news, so both Jim Bishop and Jason Noble were filed away as death by natural causes. The CIA might have looked into it more, if they didn’t want the two men dead as well, so nothing ever came of what Lexi did to them, and Lexi never lost any sleep over killing the two of them.

The End (of book one)

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

The story will continue in book two: Avenging Angel

    Lexi will finally find out what happened to Sarah in the six months missing from her file. Lexi starts training Tammy and Mellissa up as agents, as well as getting Sarah up to speed. Alice gets sent on a mission that brings her face to face with people from her past, but she has help from her sister this time.

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

On to Book Two

Sara,

Good ending!! It will be interesting to see how the team matures and Lexi and Sarah become even closer. I look forward to Book Two.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Wonderful Sarah!

I loved all of book one and am seriously looking forward to book two! i have always loved the concept of an undercover organization fighting for good and Justice, now we have this great group... but Bob's group needs a codename Sarah... might i suggest Family?
Hugs,
Diana

Great finish

Great finish to book one Sara,i'll be looking for book two,this story has at least three book in it:)

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Just a bit of vigilante action

.... but *meh* this is not a Dudley Doright by the book world after all and those two did kill so I have no problem with them getting their just desserts without the court trial and stuff.

Avenging angel, eh? Could that be Tammy's entrance? *grin*

I suspect that Lexi will still be the better of the two though given Lexi has always had that certain edge in creativity and zeal and desire.

Kim

Loving This Story

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg It was a great ending for Book One. I am looking forward to Book Two and seeing how Alexis deals with those who hurt Sarah in that six month gap. Something tells me it isn't going to be pleasant for those people at all! Looking forward to seeing Melissa and Tammy working into the team with Lexi, Alice, Lana and Sarah.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

So?

So when is book two going to be coming out?

Yours Truly

Arina

Not sure when book 2 will be finished

I'm working on part 7 of 'To Make a Wish' at the minute, and I am part way through book four of 'You Have It All Wrong' as well. but I have started work on book 2 of 'Project Guardian'. I have my Muse working overtime at the minute *giggle*
I've been asked by a number of people when I would be adding more to my 'To Make a Wish' story, and I think it is well overdue. But I will be adding book 2 of 'Project Guardian' just as soon as I have it finished.

Thanks for commenting and I hope you enjoy my other stories as much as you've enjoyed this one.

Hugs and Love

SaraUk

yay

im glad to hear that "you have it all wrong" is in the works. one of my fave from sarauk. been wondering about to make a wish. ill be happy with what ever you put out. all your storeis are great!!!! :)

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 15.

Great way to end Book One. Waiting for Book Two

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

This was a great story Sara,

This was a great story Sara, I really enjoyed it and am definitely looking forward to book 2.

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Okay, I just finished reading the series.

I enjoyed the story, and I look forward to reading the second book. Good work, this is a fun read!

Wren

i loved it !

i loved it !