Mistaken Girl chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

What do you mean I have to write again? No I don't feel like it. What do you mean you did what to my wrenches?

Scuff scuff scuff MY WRENCHES!! HOW COULD YOU!

A writer does so need tools. Fine ill write to feed you but i want my wrenches back!

Crystal closed her cell phone after talking to her mother. Apparently her mom was going to be awhile yet so we had time to wait. As she was putting her phone into her purse she stopped and then looked at me.

"Krisa where is your purse" my what?

"Omg I soo sorry Krisa I totally forgot you must be mortified." I am?

"Its probably in Safeway."It is?

We move as a group back to Safeway. Strange i feel the opposite of safe. We converge on the customer service counter, I pity the poor lady behind that counter to see some 7 girls and me approaching. What she must think is probably left better unsaid.

"Can I help you ladies?" well she is friendly at least.

"Krisa left her purse in here by mistake. Has anyone turned it in?"

Why is she looking at me I didn't do anything? Oh wait yea im Krisa. "Can you describe your purse dear?" My what...oh yea. I point at Crystals purse. "That one?"

"Can you tell me some contents that wouldn't be in most purses?" Question and answer.. hmmmm.

"A broken necklace and watch?" do I win a prize if I guess right? That xbox game on the top of shelf looks cool.

"What color is your lipstick?" I point at my lips. Isnt it obvious?

"Thank you dear we cant be too careful. We have had muggers dropping off purses here before. I am afraid your wallet here though"

"Oh my wallet is at home. My sister gave me her debit card to use with a fixed amount on it with separate special pin" What does this have to do with a purse?

"Here you go sweety. Take care and try not to lose it. I really don't know what i would do without mine. Oh I like your necklace my sister works at Clairs she might be able to fix it since I think a jeweler is there today." At that the lady who's nametag is missing tells me while handing me a purse that looks alot like Crystal's. We all thank the lady and then on mass go to the store known as Clairs.

Clairs is a jewellery store aimed at girls. I wouldn't be caught dead in here normally and from what I can tell as we are inside neither would the two boys in here who seem to be slaves to their girlfriends. Hope im never like that talk about embarrassing. What am I thinking! Look at what I am doing. While im in my place in thought the girls have of course been chatting with the sales ladies.

"Krisa show them your necklace and watch." huh?" In your purse!" I get the *Look* and sheepishly go searching in this bag known as a purse. Wow girls carry alot of stuff in here. How can they find anything? This must be the necklace and watch in this little bag. I hand the bag over to the lady behind counter who then disappears with it. I hope the real owner of that doesn't get mad at me. Honestly your honor it was all a mistake I didn't steal it.

She returns and I find out her name is Cindy at which point introductions are made. I must pay attention. The blonde in the denim skirt is Patty. The redhead with nose ring is Debbie. Crystal I know. Sara is the fake blonde in jeans and off shoulder sweater. Tammy is her younger sister with black hair. Judy and Julie are cousins apparently and both are brown haired but one has blue eyes and the other hazel. Both of them are also wearing similar summer dresses, I learned what that was earlier, but in different colors. Tammy is trying for the goth look. This is apparently what the black skirt to floor, black tshirt and massive amount of jewellery is. Oh Debbie says the nose ring is a fake but she likes the look with her tank top and shorts.

The next unknown minutes are spent talking about various items of jewellery and hair accessories. Wow girls actually know all this stuff. Glad im not one...err well not a real one but I guess I should put in my two cents worth to keep up appearances. So I comment on how pretty this or that item is and yes its darling on you and you should buy it. Inwardly I groan. After some time where the girls buy a number of items a man comes out of back room with the necklace and watch.

He says that although they are really not expensive quality items evidenced by the plating that had worn off he repaired them since it was easy broken catch and just some dirt in the watch which with a bit of a sonic cleaner and some other items he names off it came out clean and works perfectly. He is sorry he got carried away and replated them both in gold, apparently its something new he is trying, so it will be no charge if im a good sport. Well they look ok to me which I tell him and he smiles at me and puts them both on me to the ohs and ahs of the girls.

The necklace is a locket and when opened shows some boys pic. The girls then proceed to question me if this is my boyfriend. I deny it repeatedly and they all seem to believe the opposite. What is with these girls? Everything I try to tell them seems to say the opposite of what I say. I give up. I tell them to believe what they want and get hugged for it. I get a black hair band thingy with a little butterfly on it decorated in colored bits of glass which is then put into my hair. I was just looking at it. I didn't want it, they made me get it. Note to self do not stare at any one piece of anything for too long while in group of girls.

We exit Clairs and Debbie 'call me Debs head towards the washrooms with Crystal. Something about repairing. The rest of our group waits in middle of mall near the indoor fountain. I am looking at the amount of coins that you can see in the bottom im surprised they don't harm the little fish you can see in the water. Its really quite pretty. Grr now im starting to sound like them in my own thoughts. Im soo gonna need a good gaming to repair myself after all this. A good couple of hours with a fps and rock music will fix me up yes sir. I of course daydream about this.

"Oh isn't he cute. Krisa what do you think? Krisa.. KRISA!"

"Oh sorry Sara I was just thinking about some boys..."

" I hear ya girl"

"I so do that all the time"

This degenerates into a minor history of each girls latest crush. I never did get to finish saying that I was thinking about some boys only games I have at home. I am not being sexist, im my limited experience girls just don't play the games I prefer.

Ever watch those sitcoms where they say "it cannot get any worse" and then does? Guess what. A foursome of the popular guys from my school take an interest in this group of girls. They come over and introduce them selves. The girls then do the same introducing me as Krisa the shy one with a good nudge forward. I almost trip and fall into Paul like a ditz. Its the shoes fault not mine don't even think that I do not swing that way. How do I get in these messes. I blush with embarrassment.

"Uh hi Paul" I say, should have not said anything at all. The girls giggle at this and I move to hide behind Sara as if to say here she is more your type. She is having none of it and shows me off like im her prize pet. Mind numbing small tall issues and we are soon joined by Crystal and Debbie, Crystal now is wearing the same outfit as I am. The boys ask if we are twins and Crystal jokes we are and inseparable. This seems to make the guys that much more interested.

The girls all seem to soon pay much more attention to the boys than myself so I slowly move out of the group and start to make a break for it. Im maybe 15 feet from the malls doors and 5 mins fast walk from home where I can hide out. Im not really paying attention when this lady grabs me.

"And where are you off to in such a hurry young lady?" Now the eerie part is this woman says that line almost the exact same way my mom does when she speaks to my sister. I look closer at her and no she isnt my mom but she does look familiar somehow. I try to turn my arm out of her grasp but she has a pretty good grip.

"Mom that's Krisa isn't it amazing how much we look alike" The lady is apparently Crystal's mom who does the fish eye look of amazement at the two of us. She does however let go of me while Crystal comes right next to me and gives me a little hug.

"My word!" She says. The girls then come over and explain what happened to the surprise of Crystal's mom. The boys sensing the danger of a parent wisely make haste, I wish I could go with them. *Take me with you PLEASE!!* Alas the moment passes and the boys are soon lost. The girls notice my look and start to tease me about Paul. This involves telling Mrs. Peterson, Crystal's mom, about my apparent move on Paul earlier. I of course explain it was the shoes. Mrs. Peterson gives me that smile that lets me know she doesn't believe me either. This is not fair! Honestly I think I could drop my skirt and panties and prove to them I am a boy and they would just laugh and tell me I'm being a silly girl its so hopeless. No I will not do that do you think im nuts! Mom would kill me.. well kill me more after she finds out what has already happened.

We are herded outside, its the only way i can think to describe it, to a fairly large van that has two automatic sliding doors on either side and three full bench seats along with the drivers and passenger seat. The girls all do this sit turn and slide thing with both knees together as they get in. To fit in i try it and am mostly successful. Its not as easy as it looks. Mrs. Peterson tells me i should have tucked my skirt in first. Opps. I admit its my first time in a skirt which starts a new rounds of me being such a tomboy. I try again to explain but am overruled. Fine im a tomboy whatever. Fine ill lean my knees to one side and not show off my panties. No I do not want Paul to see them. The ensuing drive is spent with me trying to vainly denounce these crazy girls ideas that I was crushing on him. I don't even like him! Oh whatever! I cross my arms and pout. Second note to self doing such action while in group of girls gets you hugs. I could get to like this. Be even better as a boy. I missed much of the drive due to the girls so I didn't see where we were going. As we pull into , what I can only describe as an estate, I am in awe of the size of this place.

The girls all pile out in a rapid manner leaving me to trail behind. I am quite shocked at this place. Ive seen these places on tv. Wow. all the windows I see are the type with curved tops and that lattice work in them these in turn are surrounded by cut sandstone bricks which make up most of the front visible part of house. There is a wide curving blue marble stair leading up to two arched very solid looking wood doors with stained glass windows and brass knobs and old fashion door knockers. There is a terrace over the door with a railing. I cannot make out what is above that though. The terrace makes a rook covering the stairs and is a good 8 feet above the doors which as i slowly move closer look even bigger that normal. The walkway across to this door is made of cut stone not cement. The grass is very lush and green almost painfully vibrant. There is flowers in flower beds of more cut stone and trees and shrubbery with black tilled earth around them. Everything is very neatly trimmed. Looking back I can see that much of the yard is as big as the front playground as school with a wrought iron fence and hedge at the end. The electric gate is just swinging closed.

This is incredible! Mrs. Peterson come to me and asks if im ok which i reply in detail how awed I am at all this. She claims that yes it does look nice for a modest home in the city. I look at her as she is nuts this isn't modest this is majestic! I tell her that this is incredible and she laughs and comment about how sweet I am. She then grabs my hand like I am a little kid and leads me into the house itself.

My lord the entryway could hold our apartment back home and then Ms Bailey's as well. All I see is black streaked with gold marble floor. There is a very ornate and detailed staircase leading to an upper level. The staircase alone would put shame to the Grand staircase of the titanic. Looking up you can see a skylight that is a dome which is surrounded by lilac plaster with many designs in it for the ceiling. On the walls made of more wood, are what look like candle holders in brass with unlit candles that are really lights of some type. I know I touched one. There is various vases with flower arrangements and antique looking chairs stools and even an old clerks desk. The wooden chairs I would bet dont have a single nail in them and are covered with a soft white velvet with rose patterns. To either side of the entrance are Old fashioned doors that are the closets for many assorted jackets boots and shoes. The girls are making noises off to one side in what a presume is a den of some sorta or a kitchen.

It turns out to be the latter but what a kitchen there is ample counter space, two ovens one over the other a walk-in freezer in polished stainless steel, and a rather ordinary looking fridge. I cannot see the stove though. The girls are sitting around one of those island counter things munching and chatting on , darn more health food, and juice. What no soda's? I ask of course, bad idea , as I am told in detail how a young lady must watch her weight etc etc. I tuned most of that out. The girls all talk about various things they are doing for the party tonight including all that junk food we bought earlier. Im not sure where that stuff is as it didn't come here with us. Don't get me wrong all the stuff available is pretty much part of the diet I have been on which I mention in passing although I think the only one that heard it was Mrs. Peterson. I was just kinda hoping to leave off the diet today as I would really like some good old junk food on this my last day alive.

Im sorta of settling down into the swing of things with the girls and actually starting to relax a bit and have fun. This does not last long though.

"Hey Krisa lets all go tan on the back lawn. Im sure I got a bikini that will fit you." EEEEPP I AM SO DEAD.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A-hem

Are you sure you don't mean *wenches*? >giggles<

Wenches with wrenches?

Wench: what you use to turn the head of a dolt.

Lisa

Hope you get your wrenches back.

But it seems you did. This is stream of consciousness funny!

Poor guy while you laugh at the situations and his private thoughts, you have to feel kind of sorry for him.

Maggie

Maggie is right...

I haven't read anything this funny in quite a while. And you're right as well. Writers do too need tools. Who doesn't? lol

--SEPARATOR--

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Doh!

A bikini eh? LOL

Kim

Edit: Oh and now I realize why our intrepid author needs wrenches as this story is getting more twisted all the time for our poor hero :)

Mistaken Girl chapter 2

A fun read.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine