The Hero Part 14

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Fourteen


Rodger was surprised at Brian Montgomery showing up and began to wonder if he was going to reveal himself to Elizabeth, after the introduction the Ambassador took James for a walk round the gardens and asked if he enjoyed himself at the dinner. James told him he had but was a bit nervous after his actions had been revealed to the other guests. The Ambassador told him he should be proud of what he had done, not many adults never mind children would have put their lives at risk to save others, James told him about his Father and that he had been killed in action and that his father had always taught him never to look for reward and just be yourself.

The Ambassador explained that he too had once been a soldier and had fought to keep the country safe, he had known all about James`s father but told him that his father was correct about never looking for rewards but that he should accept recognition for what he had done along with any reward that come your way.

"James we know all about how you and your mother got by from day to day and now it`s harder for both of you because of your injuries, a lot of people have recognised your actions and although they might not know who you are want to help, it`s not charity just another way of saying THANK YOU to someone who has been very brave. A soldier would receive a medal and a pension if he was injured like you from the Government, So people have been donating to a trust fund thats in your name and now has build up to a considerable amount. I don`t know how much but you`ll want for nothing for a considerable period, the Government is paying the Surgeons and Doctors to look after your injuries and will until your better. What you future holds for you nobody can say and you can shape your own destiny although the actions of others will be contributing factors, make the most out of your live my boy and you`ll aspire to great things, just continue being yourself and never mind what other people say or do and you will go far in life." said the Ambassador

While James and the Ambassador had been going round the gardens and talking Brian Montgomery was making himself know to Elizabeth, he told her of his life and what had happened, after some discussion he then revealed that he was her late husbands natural father and James`s grandfather and had spend many years tracking them down.
After this revelation Elizabeth fainted, Rodger was at her side in a moment and asked Brian what he expected the outcome to be after all this.

" I don`t know but I need to make sure that my son`s family are taken care off, whether they will accept me that`s up to Elizabeth and James but as long as they are safe and looked after I`ll be content" stated Brian

Elizabeth had come round and heard the end of what Brian had said

"Of course we`ll accept you, for too long you have been deprived of your family and their love and James will love you" said Elizabeth

" I will not hovever give up my career or friends though" she continued

"You`ve made an old man happy" said Brian hugging her

James was wheeled into the room by the Ambassador and saw his mother in Brian`s arms, looking surprised he asked " Is there anything I should know"

Elizabeth and Brian between then told him everything and James smiled and said "So we do have real family"

Brian picked James up and sat him on is knee " Do mind me being your Grandfather James?"

"No, we`ve had no family since dad was killed" said James sadly.

"Well I`ve heard all about my heroic Grandson and am very proud of you, tomorrow we go back to Disneyland together with your little friend and have fun together" said Brian

Although James and Annabel had expected to spend everyday at Disneyland and instead only got two days in, they did admit that they had enjoyed the sightseeing tour around Paris very much and had learned a lot from it.

Eventually the day arrived when they had to return to Britain, they were seen off by the Ambassador and his wife and boarded the Eurostar for the return journey, Brian didn`t join them as he was flying back and had some business in London before they all met again.

James was quite on the trip through the Tunnel and thought abouit what had happened on the trip and what the Ambassador had said to him, "Just be yourself and don`t worry about what other people think of you" . Yes he was proud of what he had done.he was proud of all his family, his parents and his newly discovered grandfather who had told his about his adventures as a spy.

When they finally reached home the two children were very tired and after a meal and a bath were put to bed for a good nights sleep, tomorrow would bring new challenges but fo now the sleep of innocent everywhere claimed them for the next few hours.

Morning arrived and the children slep until 10am, today was James 11th birthday, washed and dressed the children were fed, James didn`t realise the signifigance of the day and just went about his usually daily routine. The adults noticed that he went into his study and started on a project he had to do for school and went into action getting things ready for this special day.

A couple of hours later he was called and on opening the door he saw everyone lined up, he looked at them and wondered what was going on, the adults parted and he saw the table was set for a party.

"I don`t believe it, you actually forgot today was your birthday" said Elizabeth

"Come on birthday boy the party can`t start without you" said Rodger

Except for Annabel there was distinct lack of children, but then that was always the case, usually there was just him ,his mum and when he was allive his dad. his presents were usually few in number consisting mainly of books, DVD`s and Music CD`s, but today there was mound of presents and cards for him.

The birthday meals ended with the cake being cut after he blown out the candles and had been enjoyed by everyone present.

James was handed an envelope by Elizabeth, it wasn`t the usual cheap envelope you could by in the shops, no this one was edged in gold and had a coat arms embossed on it. James opened it and read

"Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second requires Master James Montgomery and his Mother Elizabeth Mongomery to present themselves at Buckingham Palace , there was date and a time."

"Mum we`ve been invited to meet the Queen " said James handing her the letter

" Well we`ll have to get you something to wear for the occassion" said Elizabeth smiling at her son

Elizabeth had known full well about the visit after the Princess Royal they had talked in France, and was happy for the boy. James on the other hand was starting to get a bit worked up.

" I can`t meet the Queen wearing a dress" said James

"Stop worrying James, the Queen knows all about your injuries and won`t be at all surprised, the Princess Royal will have explained everything to her" stated Elizabeth

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, he gets to meet the Queen!

This is interesting. Many UK folk I know have great disdane for the Royals, as they call them. I wonder what they would say if they were invited to meet the Queen?

Well, I would jolly well be happy to do so.

Much peace

Gwendolyn

The Hero Part 14

Not a dress, a kilt.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine