Evanescence 19

Printer-friendly version

Evanescence 19

Chapter 19

I was kinda surprised at Shaun’s sense of humor after he had it out with the three elves that had come calling. I liked that he was willing to play along with me while I was…am kind of loopy. It’s starting to get out of that I’m so tired I’m punchy and giggly to that I’m really overtired and I’m starting to feel a bit queasy.

And cold, it’s my feel first and then my arms and it’s that you know you’re a girl or heading into that whole girly realm when you get cold in the exact same ways as they do when your tired.

I shuffle over to Shaun and lean against him and he’s wonderfully warm. “Mmm…hot boyfriend…yay.”

He smiles and wraps an arm around me and walks me over to the couch and he takes one of the blankets at the foot of the couch and he does some of his own magic on it and its all lovely and hot right out of the dryer. I love it when he does this trick; he’s done it twice now. Still it’s such a nice little bit of special.

But Shaun’s what they call a Faraday, and that’s a mage that their powers are all revolving around or focused with electricity and/or technology. It’s odd because I’m for the most part Wiccan, with a little Voodoo Creole tossed in and some Thuoc Tay healing and most recently the element of air. Heaven/Molly was a Wicca as was my young Spanish self was a stitch mage or a thread mage and then there’s me…and I’m not sure what you’d call me that way. I guess that’s what the Evanescence is really the vessel.

It’s neat to see someone else do magic other than myself.

But it’s even nicer to have him love me and care for me that he wraps the blanket around me just so and he Kisses me with one of those capitol K…Kisses.

They’re out there awhile and I fall asleep and I wake up hearing this strange jingling of sorts on the wind like chimes or bells and my mouth’s dry and I’ve got a bit of a headache. You know when you should still be sleeping but you had to get up and your body is letting you know that it’s not happy.

Shaun is standing almost guard like looking out the picture window while I can smell his mom cooking up a storm. I can get that I mean it’s not exactly everyday that you get the ash to come to your house.

Shaun’s dad is in the dining room with boxes of things out and some weapons…you ever watch Buffy and those scenes where they’re arming up? It’s kind of like that. I know the fae are dangerous but…

Oh yeah…Shaun made a few “friends” while he was away…I’m really not liking where that’s going.

“Shaun, I think the Ash is on their way.”

“Yeah and maybe something else too Raine.”

“Huh?”

“Jill just showed up looking sorta on the job with her co-workers but she’s got one of the Dark fae with her I think.”

“She’s okay.”

“How do you know?”

“We fought together with the thing the guy that just had the stone.”

“Okay…huh the three elves are not friends of hers.”

“Oh…that’s a given.”

*** Jill’s part…

I’m so not used to this at all. I’m pretty much the top in most of the relationships that I’ve been in. It’s just been the way they go. I’m this tough military chic, one of the few women to make it through the Special Forces training and see action.

And in small town Middle America, the cheer squad captain, the prom queen she just can’t be a lezzy right? And then there’s DADT so I’ve kinda built this thick kind of layer that’s been me for a long while.

Molly broke through that fortress I built for myself and after she died I built it stronger and higher than before and then I joined the unit.

There’s been a few really nice women but it just never lasted.

But now I’m sitting here my face buried into Sloan’s neck and I’m crying. And she’s being just…she’s strong too in such a good way, I’m not used to another woman being so strong.

And shifted she smells like N’Orleans at night the sea and jasmine and magnolias and sex…just the hint of sex.

It might be just her or fae charms or just hurting but sexually she’s kind of making me really aware of her. I sniffle and pull back and look at her.

I deal with the others all the time but I’ve never been this “close” with one.

Sloan is a nixie, they’re sort of like a mermaid but not. Aquatic fae they’re known to charm people to be their lovers and slaves in their lakes and pools and ponds. They’re fresh water fae and still water fae.

She’s got these eyes that in here natural state are almond shaped and about fifty percent bigger than a humans would be. There’s a second clear eyelid I think and her eyes look like black pools, no white all iris and pupil but their not black they’re the deepest plum violet that I’ve ever seen. There’s something so special about those eyes too like looking into the eyes of a lion or a gryphon… yeah gryphons are real, really rare on this side of things but yeah real.

Skin that’s sort of like a drowned person buy more the color tone and tint to it more like the lightest hint of lavender…sorta blue, sorta green, sorta neither… I have this image of her naked that is just really messing with me.

Strong, sexy, exotic and fae in that sort of not human but human kinda lithe kind of way. Her pull on me is…

I can see why some people would fall hard for them. I can see why others would be so threatened they’d want to kill them off.

Especially as violent as Sloan can be and the fact she’s got sharp teeth when she needs them and claws on the ends of her fingers that can cut concrete.

She is looking me in the eyes and she kisses me and it makes my sex ache like a throbbing bruise.

“Dammit…Sloan…” I bite my lower lip. “Why can’t you just be the freaky bitch I thought you were?”

“Same reason that you didn’t clap me in cold steel chains and take me in.”

“I couldn’t do that, there’s treaties.”

“Happens all the time when humans think they won’t get caught.”

“Hey…we’re not all like that. There a real need for us to defend against the stuff that goes bump in the night.”

“So you’d shoot me for stumbling while I was on my way to your bathroom?”

“What…no…well I’d shoot anyone breaking…” She’s looking at me with this smile those eyes are sort of half lidded and the fangs and the pointed ears…I just got it, and I can’t help but blush.

I see her eyes widen and while I don’t see the whites there’s a light in them that picks up. She moves back and stares at her left palm and her blood seeps out of her palm and draws a tattoo of a thorned wreath framed mirror and there’s Elde runes forming on the surface of the tattoo mirror.

She’s reading and frowning and she gets agitated enough three spurs of black pearly shell form and slip out of her skin on her forearms like batman or more like those bad guys from that show with Kevin Sorbo on it…

Huh, fae comlink or something? That’s new Intel.

“Show me where the gate is forming?” she say’s it in Elvish but I’ve a passing knowledge of the great language.

I see a map forming and the topography is… “That’s my house, well my parents place.”

Sloan closes her hand and stares at me before shifting to her human state/disguise. “We should go, you should go there.”

“Why?”

“The Ash is going to arrive there shortly.”

“What!”

I pull myself together and shout out at the crew. “Units one through three you’re with me, the rest of you keep doing what you’re doing!” I look at Sloan as she gets into the escalade with me. “You sure that you want to come?”

“No…I have to go to meet the Ash and keep an eye on the light.”

“Right, yeah…” Great fae plots and politics are no less then some very old power struggles and I’m getting involved with this.

Sloan sighs as we’re pulling out fast and thumped her head against the head rest of the seat. I look over to her as we’re going and she’s got her eyes closed. “Sloan?”

She runs her fingers through her hair. “This is so not the way I wanted to meet your parents.”

*** Alecia’s part…

I wake up with this sort of a start that freaks me out.

Heartbeat…I’ve got a heartbeat…

Then there’s the fact I’m being held close by someone warm and alive and filling me with her body heat.

Then it all kind of comes snapping back into place.

Me and Donna.

Donna…

Everyone except Michel I’ve been with was the hunt, to kill and I’ve always been the aggressor and Michel doesn’t count because he sired me, he was a predator in a whole other, darker sense.

But Donna kissed me, wanted me, came onto me and I … “I’m a lesbian…”

She giggles into my collar bone area and she lifts her head to look at me. “Yeah, me too…”

There’s something gone there from her like there’s some weight taken off of her….oh…oh… “Donna?....is this you coming out?”

“I don’t know. I…I’ve had the feelings I guess all my life but you just don’t do the gay thing around here especially when I was sort of figuring it out and then by the time I think it started to click…I was married and had Raine…”

“But why me?”

“I like you…you’re different…yes I know that an understatement but it’s true…I know that you being who and what you are shouldn’t be why but…I guess all of that sorta made me feel safe around you.”

“Safe? Hello, Vampyre.”

“Maybe, sorta.”

She kisses me lightly like this is making her shy. I can literally taste the old hurt of pretending to be someone she wasn’t on her. Normally I’d taste it in the blood, but I tasted it with the kiss.

I try it again by kissing her and I can sort of taste the increase of relief and this electric sweet taste of ….of…how she feels about me?

So strange.

She’s right though, I have no clue to what I’ve become. There’s this thing this feeling inside that tells me…fangs…yes…claws…yes….

I’ve so many questions now.

“Yeah, maybe sorta.”

She kisses me again and we cuddle and just do that, our legs and pelvises finding comfortable spots to rest with each other and the feel of our bare stomachs touching and our breasts together and we kind of lose ourselves in it.

I lose myself in the feeling of just how much she lies me and the better this is going the better it feels and it’s like getting a peek at something wonderful each time we kiss and part of her guard drops just for me, just because of me and just by really liking her and caring and soon it doesn’t take long before we’re making Love…

This can’t be sex, sex isn’t like this right?

Not when you can feel the way my lips make her feel bubbly, sexy, edgy in a good goosebumpy way and free…

Raine…Raine I’m sorry but I’m really, really into her.

And I’m tired of being alone.

*** Raine’s part…

I’m sitting up when Jill comes inside and there’s this argument going on outside in some very strange language. I get up blinking as she comes running into the house. “Is everyone alright! What happened?”

Jill…

Oh fucking, fucking Goddammit…its Jill…

My Jill…

“He’s not here yet.”

She looks at me and then looks me over and walks over with a strange expression on her face. Worried, worried about me and caring and I’ve seen that before on her face and it really changes who she is…I remember that look when we first met.

“Are you okay?”

“I’ll live.”

“That was you there somehow with the demon?”

“Yeah…”

“But how?”

“Magic.”

“I know that Raine.”

She has that kind of cute annoyed look. She does this thing with her tongue where she sticks it between her front upper teeth and her lip while her mouth’s closed that sort of squares her jaw. But she called me Raine…and I feel that swirling soul in my soul part of me that’s Molly get hurt…remembers…pulls back. And it’s so real with my own feelings because it is me it kind of feels like I’ve gotten punched in the heart.

I’m blinking back tears and she’s looking at me and I’m looking at her and then she turns and moves away and she heads outside and I know…I know that I saw tears there in her eyes.

I really feel like shit, like bawling some more and the tears just slip out when Shaun comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me blanket and all and holds me.

“You have no idea how much you rock right now Shaun.”

“That was… Intense…why?”

“Long story.”

“Okay, when you’re better then?”

“Yeah…”

There’s a frission of power and I and the others can hear the sound of chimes but not chimes, the sound of high music opening a gateway. I go with Shaun to the window and there’s no great thing to see just this oval of heat wave like distortion in the air but moving like continual ripples in a pond.

If there was a man that’s look to be someone called the Ash, the head of the light fae on this side of things then he’d be it. Tall six two, about two hundred pounds, grey hair in a stylish euro like pony tail…nice suit, beard and moustache together. Rich, powerful, smug.

I wasn’t expecting Shaun to say it. “Holy crap, its David Xanatos.”

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Finally another part

Yay the great epic continues...

I think you're a bit too focused on your characters. The story doesn't really progress and everyone gets their little part. I mean their relationships are quite interesting but the suspense is killing me. What will happen with the Ash? Please, I need to know!

Thank you for writing this interesting story,

*hugs*
Beyogi

Hey Beyogi:)

Of course I'm character fixed on my characters but all good things must come in due course when you consider the closeness of all the events that have happened already. But again there will be the stuff The Ash coming soon.

I promise.
Thanks for reading and the comments.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

well....

you have got all the pots stiring...
now what?
great chapter, thanks

Things will be soon boiling over.

Thanks for the really great comments and everything. I'll try to write more for this sooner.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hey the gang's all here

An interesting meeting of power users and Powers.

A lot is at play here and I will wait with baited breath as to what happens next.

Kim

Thanks Kimmie:)

The comments and the interest really help me when It comes to writing the next chapters of the story.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Did I ever tell you

that I really like Alecia? Probably. Now her hooking up with Raine's mom? That should be very interesting, but I don't think Raine will object. I do love this story.

Maggie

Thanks so much Maggie:)

I like Alecia too and what she's becoming. Her and Donna hooking up was nothing she was expecting. Her and Raine are friends and Raine's got a lot going on in her head, but you're right she'll likely be good with it.

Thanks for loving this story.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I actually like

the going back and forth between the characters. There's no need to rush to the finish line, it's the getting there that's the fun part. Good story, and fun to have all her alters. I look forward to hearing more from the Viking chick. :)

No way!

David Xanatos?! THE Xanatos?!

If the guy (Ash?) is even a quarter of what he looks like, I have really high expectations of next chapters!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!