Just a Normal Girl 4

Printer-friendly version
Just a Normal Girl 4
by Brooke Erickson

(yes, this one's in third person)

Today, Sensei Ito had asked those who had weapons to bring them to class.

Jessie got a number of strange looks when she showed up with an odd looking stick. Some of the girls recognized the stick as a field hockey stick. And a few of those that did got worried looks on their faces.

Sensei Tolman and Sensei Ito had been having the students demonstrate their weapons by sparring with them.

Sensei Tolman motioned over Jessie.

"Are you sure you want to call that a weapon?"

"Hai, Sensei!"

"Very well. It's your funeral. Whenever you are ready..."

With that Jessie managed to snake the stick out and almost trip up Tolman. Things degenerated from there.

As you'd expect, Tolman held her own fairly easily.

"Alright, that's enough."

She looked over Jessie carefully.

"Where did you learn to do that with a hockey stick? I seriously doubt that most of those moves are legal."

"Our coach wanted us to know what to look for if the other team tried fighting dirty. And she said that we couldn't learn to defend ourselves if we didn't know how to make the moves ourselves."

"She sounds like an interesting woman. I have to wonder where she learned some of those tricks though."

"She said she wanted us to be able to go against the school she went to. Someplace in England.. St. Trinians, I think it was."

"Ah. That explains quite a bit"

up
245 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is good

I only wish the chapters were longer.

not really chapters. More

Brooke Erickson's picture

not really chapters. More vignettes. And this was the last one for now.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Well... that's sad. I really

Well... that's sad. I really liked this series.

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi

Normal girl

You made my day with the comment about St. Trinians. I saw the original films when they were made and when the later film was made I went to see it. I was the only male and the only person over 13. Please continue your story as it is a beautiful comment on the series.

Just a Normal Girl 4

Love theses chapters.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Please Brook

consider this encouragement for more Normal Girl. It's good to see something that's this different.
hugs.
Grover

New/old Saint Trinian's.

ChrisP's picture

Thanks for that.

Just back from being hijacked by YT.

It was your reference to Saint Trinian's that made me come searching for a follow-up, but I am so hopelessly old and unhip that all I knew were the original books by Searle--his "Searly girls".

Anyway, it's been great to re-read, and I'm glad to find you again.

Don't ever feed your Aardvark honey.

love to see more

if you get the itch to write, i'd love to read more of these.
thanks

Ow...

I just got to that last line and you made me nearly choke on my root beer float.
Awesome.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Way too short, these chapters

Way too short, these chapters..should combine two
or three together to make them more interesting..rather then all these starts and stops.

alissa

St Trinians ?

Oh yehr ? Beware of copyright suits !

(just kidding)

Briar

Short, but fun

Tas's picture

Normally I don't like smaller chapters, but these are pretty fun, so I'm not complaining haha

-Tas