Killer Heels

Printer-friendly version

April 1,1967, 7:30 PM, we received a call about a fatality at the set of Pussycats Galore.



Killer Heels
as related by Dreammaker


Angelique   (Pettyjohn)   in Get Smart

Placed on youtube by slaphead6000

A stunt man subbing for Ms Pettyjohn in the part of Charlie Watkins, who in turn, had disguised himself as a gorgeous Pussycat working at the Pussycat Club, was found dead in his dressing room.

April 1, 1967, 8:30 PM, as the show is broadcast we interview director Sydney Miller, actor Ted Knight, and actress Angelique Pettyjohn, also the medical examiner on scene for the Hollywood Police Department.

This puzzles me Joe.

Why?

The examiner states that the actor was killed by a single blow to the head by a five inch heeled sandal.

Yes?

Well, the door to the dressing room was locked from the inside, and can’t be unlocked from outside,
further more there were no other entrances, windows or vents to provide access to the room.

The fire marshal and building inspector would love that.

That’s besides the point.

So is his head. Let’s see, the point of impact of the five inch spiked heel of the left sandal was centered on the right ear, and the right sandal was found on the actor’s foot. The medical examiner determined that the actor had been leaning against the dressing table when struck.

Where are you going with this?

Considering the show, I think this was accidental. It’s obvious that the shoe fits, and he wore it but when he heard a ring from a telephone he quickly picked up his left shoe and slammed it to his ear.

Yes the actor was well heeled, maybe this is the reason we’ve only seen Don Adams using a shoe phone on Get Smart.

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Killer Heels

Wonder if Charlie went all the way?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

"missed it by that far" was

"missed it by that far" was one of my favorite catch phrases on "Get Smart". Maxwell Smart was, as builders sometimes say "A bit off plumb", yet likable.

Maybe...

"missed by that much" showing fingers lose together.....

Very corny!

Wasn't the mike in the heel and the earphone in the toe?

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Don't know...

if that is true, then this may be the reason.

Sorry about that !

One of my favorite episodes in my favorite 'spy' comedy show. The cone of silence never did work.
Oops, showing my age.

Karen