Starstruck! -2- Origin Story

Printer-friendly version

Every super-heroine needs an origin story -- and Vicki has a doozy!

Starstruck!

by Erin Halfelven

 

It only took Vic Kempel a moment to figure out what had happened. "When those bullies overturned the Porta-Jon while the UFO was in the sky, the combination of the chemicals in the toilet and the xeno-rays from the alien spacecraft -- I've just had my very own origin story!" Well, it only made sense.

She glanced around her, surprised to find that she was not lying on some grassy island in a fast food outlet parking lot but was still in the park where she had been the last time he had been conscious. And surprisingly, now that she had sat up and looked around the amazing acuity of her senses had faded to merely being good, not pseudo-psychedelic.

She looked down at herself again. Yes, the enormous breasts were still there, quivering slightly. What made them do that? Breathing? She wondered if they had any superpowers, perhaps she could shoot force beams from her nipples. That might explain why they were so large.  

She wasn't nude though, but seemed to be wearing a pink-and-purple sheer costume with strategic cutaways in the oddest places. Her nipples, however did show very clearly through the fabric; if it was fabric, she couldn't find any seam when she felt along the edge. "Maybe it's just painted on?" she asked aloud.

She giggled. Well, okay, a lot of comic book super-heroines did look as if their costumes were painted on, but not all of them. Maybe if she got a better look, she could find a tab or a zipper or something. She wanted to see what she looked like now, anyway. A great deal of hair fell around her face, it looked blonde but she wasn't sure. She decided to try standing up, "If I'm not too top heavy," she said, talking out loud again.

Standing was no problem; despite a lot of jiggling, she felt balanced, strong and quick. It was hard to get a look at her feet, what with hair and boobs getting in the way, but she seemed to be wearing high heels, stiletto-heeled boots. "Sure," she said. "I can probably run in them despite their looking silly."

Across the park, the lights of an all night gas station and convenience store lit up a small parking lot and two fuel kiosks. A little further away, on the corner sat the Burger Bonanza she had located with her -- super-hearing. Had she really been able to hear people giving and taking orders there, it was most of a block away. Staring at the place, she squinted a bit, reflexively.

A closer view zoomed in for her and again, she could hear people talking. "How about a chocolate cake with those chili fries?" the girl in the order window asked.

"Are you insane?" said the man in the car.

Vic, or Vicki, blinked and the scene and sound returned to normal.

I am going to spell my name with an 'i' at the end, she decided with some part of her mind. That way I can draw little hearts over both of them. What the hell? another part of her mind commented. "Oh, great," she said aloud, "have I got a split personality now? And one of me is terminally cute?"

Stop talking to yourself, she added silently. Okay, she agreed, don't be a bitch about it. Then she giggled, rolled her eyes and looked around her immediate area.

The darkness of night and the poor lighting in the park did not hinder her vision. It rather looked like the day-for-night film technique where the sky and the deepest shadows were almost black but the rest of her field of vision seemed adequately lit. An aqua blue and hot pink backpack lay under a bush.

She started to bend to pick it up but the shift in her center of balance caused by her large breasts persuaded her to squat instead. She rolled her eyes again at her predicament but picked up the gaudy bag and looked inside. One item looked like a bag from the comic book store, the other things looked like... clothing?

She pulled out a simple pink and blue sleeveless pull-over mini-dress wrapped around a pair of nude satin panties, a bra of the same material, a pair of sandals and a small purse.

She blinked in reflexive surprise and the items suddenly seemed to be nearly transparent, another blink and they went back to normal. "Crap, that's distracting," she muttered.

She looked inside the purse which appeared to contain only a billfold, a comb and brush, a lipstick and a small mirrored compact. She opened the compact and looked into the small mirror, surprised to discover that she was wearing a hot pink mask, a gold tiara with a star sapphire, and she had huge bright violet eyes. "I need a bigger mirror," she muttered.  

The billfold contained two twenties and some coins in a change pocket, no identification, not even Vic Kempel's old student ID from high school. She bit her lip, that sort of irked her.

She pulled the bag from the comic shop out, expecting it to contain the comics she had bought earlier and wondering, vaguely just who had left this stuff for her. "Must be the aliens," she decided. That was certainly more logical than thinking it might be someone who had lived in the Porta-Jon.

But these weren't the comics Vic had bought earlier, instead she seemed to have several issues of comics called, "Super-Blonde", "Star Bunny", "Partygirl Adventures", "Vicki Vixen" and "Agent of B.O.U.N.C.E." among other titles. "Yikes," she said, "and I thought my own taste in comics was bad." Everyone of the covers featured a busty blonde in a skimpy costume posing sexily while some villainous-type made threats in the background. Quickly, she put the comics back in the bag and the bag back in the backpack.

"Not a lot of useful equipment for crime fighting or saving the world," she complained.

A little discouraged, she examined the clothing again. "Maybe I'm just dreaming all this?" she wondered. "And how the heck am I supposed to put these civilian clothes on if I can't take off my costume?"

She thought about that some more. "Well, a lot of people in comics wear their costumes under their regular clothes...." She thought about that a bit then decided it made some sort of sense, maybe it was like the blinking and squinting, something would happen if she put the clothes on -- her costume would become invisible, maybe.

"Worth a try," she muttered. "If I leave the park in this get-up, I'm likely to cause car accidents."

The bra seemed most problematical, she'd never worn won as Vic and had seldom got a good look at one except in advertisements and catalogs. This bra did not have any kind of fastening, did not look big enough for her -- chest, and seemed pretty flimsy, though stretchy.  

"Maybe it goes on like a t-shirt," she thought. "Maybe it's a wotta-ya-callit, a sports bra?" She made a couple of motions as if she were going to pull it over her head, then decided to go ahead and do so. But as she got her hands above her head she discovered something -- she seemed to be wearing bunny ears. "What the --?"

She dropped the bra back onto the dress and felt around in the mass of curling hair on top of her head. The ears seemed to be growing right out of the top of her skull, a bit behind her other, human, ears. She pulled one fuzzy ear down to look it, it was covered in soft white-blonde fur with pink skin inside it. "I don't believe this!"

She grabbed the compact out of the purse again and tried to get a look with it; the angle was bad but, yes, she had rabbit ears growing out of her head. "It's not funny!" she complained. "How can I be a super-hero if people are going to laugh at me?"

Something occurred to her and she pulled the comics out again. Yes, Star Bunny did have bunny ears, Vicki Vixen however had fox ears, Agent of B.O.U.N.C.E had cat ears, Super-Blonde had deely-boppers like a cartoon fairy and only Party Girl did not have something visible growing out of her head.  

Party Girl was also the only one wearing a dress. "Huh?" she said. And jewelry. Party Girl had bracelets, rings, a necklace and big hoop earrings. All the other girls on the covers had some jewelry but not as much; a necklace, some bracelets, rings and earrings or, in the case of Star Bunny, a tiara.

She opened one of the comics at random and read a few pages. In the comic, Super-Blonde activated her zoom-vision by squinting and her hyper-vision by blinking. She touched her nose to tune into police radio broadcasts and shot force beams from her arms by holding both fists together and pointing with them.

"Holy Shit!" said Vicki. "These comics are the manual for my powers!"

# # #

"You owe me some blue stuff, when we get home," said Gooma.

"I never thought the Earth wog was smart enough to figure it out," said Twirt.

"I like the cyan kind with sprinkles," said Gooma.

"SET COURSE FOR RETURN TO HOME SYSTEM SOONEST," said the A.S.S. "ALL EMERGENCY RESOURCES ARE CRITICALLY LOW AFTER REPAIR TO AUTOCHTHON."

"Pruck that," said Gooma. "I want to see what happens to Star Bunny."

"Super-Blonde," said Twirt. "I like Super-Blonde. That's a vinchier name."

"VICKI VIXEN ROOLZ!" said the A.S.S.

up
201 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oddly or not so odd....

Andrea Lena's picture

....I saw the name Vicki, and it came to me nearly in the same way you wrote -

I am going to spell my name with an 'i' at the end, she decided with some part of her mind. That way I can draw little hearts over both of them. What the hell?

Terminally cute, indeed! Thanks for this; it made my night!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Like, O.M.G! this is..like totally cool!

Lawsey laws Erin! this is soo cool... our first bimbo superheroine since Dumb Bunny of the Inferior Five! rather icky origin though...porta johns...ewwwww.
Huggles,
Diana

Family Guy?

Podracer's picture

"Oh God - it's EVERYWHERE!"

"Reach for the sun."

Starstruck! -2- Origin Story

What else is in store for her? a villain?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

"How about a chocolate cake

LibraryGeek's picture

"How about a chocolate cake with those chili fries?" the girl in the order window asked.

"Are you insane?" said the man in the car.

Woot!

This is mega fun in a mega silly way. I liked the comic books, too.

Yours,

JohnBobMead

Yours,

John Robert Mead

Five Superheroines in One

laika's picture

Nice that the alien computer gave her so many options, but being all these different supergals seems like it could get unweildy. Maybe it's like A.S.S. has left her in the Changing Room of Potentialities with a bunch of different costumes/personae (being very accomodating, and because it can); and she'll eventually have to settle on the one she likes best. While Vicki Vixen has the dot-the-I's-with-little-hearts thing going for her (Have you been peeking at my diary?), I'd go for Super Blonde, because I like saying deely-boppers...

Very curious to know how or if she manages to fit into the mundane world, job and cover personality and all that. Intrepid girl reporter, HOOTERS waitress, or what? Can any of her superpersonalities fly? I haven't done it in a while but flyings always good, especially when you find out you can do it at some awkward moment ....... And what on Earth does the acronym B.O.U.N.C.E. stand for? Jeepers! Wot a wacky advenshur!
~hugs, Veronica

personality and power shift?

Hm maybe it works as in morpheus story about personality change due to haircolor. Every haircolor got a personality and a specific power.
Super Blonde may be a superman like chick and partygirl has water abillities for poolparties or can read thoughts. Every incarnation has will accent certain traits of her personality.

Erin, thank you for writing this interesting story,

Beyogi

Oh dear...

Unexpectedly and accidentally turned into a superheroine by the AI of a craft 'borrowed' by a pair of alien teenage joyriders, the backpack also transformed, and no ID. Eek!

Heading to a proper, permanent public loo might be worthwhile, to get a closer look at herself. Buying a notepad and pen might be useful, so she can scribble down the appearance / powers of the various characters and experiment to determine what her own powerset is. Looking more thoroughly through the bag could also reveal if there are any house keys there or if she'll have to sleep rough.

Yes, I know this is a lighthearted romp, but those are possible approaches to the pertinent questions raised. It'll be interesting to see how she adapts to her new life.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Hep Aliens

terrynaut's picture

Hey. It's nice to know that teenagers are pretty much the same wherever you go in the universe. Too funny.

I wonder if Super Bunny will even have to use her powers to catch male criminals though. She might just twist them around her little finger and have them begging her to catch them.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Heh! The girl's got a real

Heh! The girl's got a real hard time ahead of her! :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Hilarious!

She gets her powers from being exposed to the chemicals in a porta-john (among other things)? It gives the whole "How about some chocolate cake with that?" a different feel! Yuck!

More, more, please?

Wren