Simon(e) - Book Two: Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version
”2
 
Simon(e)
Book 2: Chapter 12 of 12

by D.L.

Copyright  © 2011 D.L. All Rights Reserved.

“Did you sleep well?” I ask.

“Not too badly,” Mike replies. “It seems so surreal being back here after what happened. I never thought that I would be sitting here, preparing to get married to the man I love.”


 

I receive numerous cheers and a fair amount of applause as I arrive in school Friday morning. It seems all my classmates and a large proportion of the school population as a whole watched the webcast last night.

It seems my song struck a chord and I’m congratulated on my singing ability and my lyrics. I’m asked to sing it again, but I’m too embarrassed to remember all the words. When I made the recording I had the lyrics written down in front of me, and I can’t remember all the lines.

My friends and I go swimming after school as per usual. Without Bart and company around, we are able to swim in peace. I see Mr Catchpole wandering around the outside of the pool with Little Eddie. Both of them wave to us and Alison goes over to her uncle for a quick chat. It seems that they are keeping an eye out for any more trouble and making sure that the boys haven’t flouted the ban.

After showering and drying myself off I get dressed. Unlike my usual practice, I’m not going to change into a skirt or dress. This time I will be leaving in boy mode, as we will have visitors when we arrive home. The terrible trio have been invited over to our house, along with their spouses, for the final reveal of my identity. It’s not certain in what order we will arrive back.

I dress in a pair of black trousers and a red sweater, underneath which is hiding a soft white t-shirt. I leave my hair uncovered as I exit the swimming pool complex, just in case somebody questions a boy coming out of the ladies’ changing rooms.

I let my hair dry as I cycle home with Mary, Wendy and Jill. We have bid farewell to Alison at the cycle racks. We take a detour to the bunker on the way where I pick up a black scarf to cover my feminine hairstyle. I also use the large makeup mirror I have on the table there to apply tape and makeup to cover my earrings. I still haven’t changed them since getting my ears pierced a few weeks ago.

We make our way back to the house and arrive as the Bancrofts drive into the yard. Jason and Janice are already here. We store our bikes in the shed and make our way over to where my father has fired up the barbeque. We are using one of the outbuildings and have set up some folding tables with straw bales to sit on.

Wendy greets her father with a hug, but doesn’t attempt to do the same with her mother. The two women don’t speak to each other. Wendy then deliberately sits down with Jill on one of the hay bales, each putting their arms around one other as they lean back against the wall behind them. Susan seems slightly annoyed at her daughter’s display, but at the glare of her husband, doesn’t say anything.

Jason grins at me as I say hello. He stands with my father grilling some burgers on the flames. The barbeque is powered from a gas bottle so we don’t have difficulties with undercooked food from insufficient temperature. Personally, I have never seen the appeal of cooking in the garden when we have a perfectly functional kitchen, but the men seem to enjoy the activity. Perhaps it’s a bloke thing.

A final car arrives containing the last couple from the consortium, John and Marilyn Palmer from Elm Tree Farm. With them are the local vicar, Thomas, and his wife, Grace.

Soon everybody is tucking into the food provided. Music is softly playing in the background from a small CD player. The barn we are in has electrics, so we have light and power as well as plenty of room for all fourteen of us.

“So how did the school governors’ meeting go?” Thomas asks my father, “I didn’t get to see the broadcast in the end. We had to visit a sick parishioner over in Flixton.” Thomas is the vicar for three of the local villages. The congregation isn’t large enough for services in each village, so he rotates round the churches each Sunday.

“It was very interesting. Mr Henry is an excellent debater, and was a good match for Mrs Baxter. She tried her best, but was outmanoeuvred,” my father replies. “The board voted to support the student and the arrangements already in place. Although she isn’t allowed to enter the changing rooms without first checking to see if anybody inside objects, which I think is a good compromise.”

“Those drama students were good,” Wendy states. “I recognised it was Sophie pretending to be a boy, but I was shocked when they did the line up of girls. I would never have guessed Stuart could pull off that stunt so well.”

My mother explains to Grace and Thomas the ploy used by Mr Henry to demonstrate that it isn’t easy to judge a book by its cover.

“I take it they didn’t give the name of the student, so we still don’t know who it is,” Grace says in disappointment. “Until we can identify him we can’t help the poor boy.”

“I don’t think she wants the kind of help you want to provide,” Marilyn answers. This surprises me slightly, as I didn’t expect her to be supportive. However, thinking back she has never actually said anything hostile. She didn’t say anything on the afternoon when I first confronted the other women and she hasn’t taken part in the protest at the school.

“No, but we do know that she has short hair and has patterns shaved onto the sides of her head,” Janice declares.

“A butterfly and a flower,” Jason adds, “a rose actually, and very pretty they are too.”

Silence falls across the room as everybody looks at Jason.

“How do you know that?” his wife asks, “I didn’t hear anybody give that detailed a description.”

“Simples,” Jason says in a bad Russian accent, mimicking a certain TV advert. “I’ve seen the haircut first hand.”

“You’ve met her?” Janice angrily asks, “why didn’t you say so earlier?”

“Because it’s none of my business to interfere,” Jason replies. “The same as it’s not my place to interfere in the stupid spat between Susan and Wendy. If you want to meddle with anything, Janice, why don’t you tackle that problem first? That is after all closer to home. We don’t even have a child of school age anymore so Jasmine’s attendance at Brahms has nothing to do with us.”

The Yearlys have a son, Andrew, who is currently away at university in Wales.

Wendy starts laughing before saying, “Well, mother - are you ready to deal with having a lesbian for a daughter? Grace, Janice, you are welcome to lend your assistance, which is something that Jasmine won’t be requesting when she arrives.”

Wendy walks up to her mother and waits for a response. Grace and Janice look on at Susan, wondering how to proceed.

My mother breaks the awkward silence, “I’ve been in this same position with both my sons. You can either accept your children for who and what they are, or risk losing them entirely. We made a mistake with Mike, one that has been corrected. We will be attending Mike’s civil partnership service this Sunday.”

“We certainly won’t be making the same mistake with our other child,” my father adds.

“You’re gay as well, Simon?” Thomas asks me.

“No, but I am transgendered,” I reply as I stand up and remove my headscarf to the shocked looks of Grace, Susan and Janice. My father comes and stands behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder. Jill and Mary flank my sides in support.

“That explains an awful lot,” Marilyn states. “I thought the voice on the webcast was familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it. Tell me, did you mean what you said in the song. Demons lurk, and you would take your life on the spot?”

“I was suffering from depression, hence why I took such drastic actions,” I reply “There was a point a couple of months ago when I didn’t care if I lived or died. I came very close to killing myself. The line in the song about chopping my balls off wasn’t a metaphor. I really did take a knife to my genitals.”

“The first time I saw Simon as Jasmine was in the changing rooms at school,” Wendy proclaims. “She confused the hell out of me when she dropped her knickers and walked naked into the showers. There I was thinking that she looked remarkably like Simon with long hair, and then there’s no sign of her being a boy. It took me a while to figure out Jasmine is Simon. They may have looked alike, but the personality is very different, Jasmine is a lot happier and bubblier than her male charade.”

“I thought you seemed a lot more relaxed and joyful over the past few weeks,” Jason adds, “I guess that’s since you came out to your friends and family.”

I nod. My father then gives the abbreviated version of how they found out, leaving out the shooting, and how they decided to support me rather than reject me.

“You don’t have to like what Jasmine is doing,” my father tells the others, “but you do have to put up with it. This consortium has been through thick and thin. We have all been friends for years and I hope we can overcome our differences once again. However, my daughter comes first, and I will do anything necessary to support her. Now, who is with us?”

Wendy, Jill and Mary are already standing round me. My mother joins my father standing beside him.

Jason gets up and walks to our side of the barn, “I’ve known for a couple of weeks, which in itself should tell you I don’t have a problem.”

Marilyn also comes over, “Doesn’t bother me. I always thought you were slightly girly, although I just assumed you were gay like Mike.” John gets up and stands next to his wife, putting his arm round her waist and nodding at me. I take it to mean that he agrees with his spouse.

“Susan, I only went along with your bigoted views to keep the peace,” Wendy’s father states as he walks over to his daughter. “Don’t make me choose between you and Wendy; because I warn you, you’ll lose. I admit this will take some getting used to, but I’m willing to try.”

The majority of the people present have now declared their intent to support me, or at least put up with me. That leaves only four individuals still hostile to my gender rectification: Susan, Janice, Thomas the vicar, and his wife Grace.

“You poor confused boy,” Grace states, “I implore you to seek forgiveness, it is not too late to stop this nonsense and try and rebuild your life in the eyes of God.”

“Grace,” Thomas interrupts, “Shut up.”

Grace swings round in surprise at her husband.

“She is rebuilding her life,” Thomas continues, “she needs love and support. I shouldn’t have to remind you that it is better to forgive than to seek forgiveness. It is the true Christian way to give love and charity to anybody no matter who, or what, they are.”

“But what about dressing up as a girl,” Grace counters, “you cannot deny that is a sin, the bible says so.”

“The Bible says many things,” Thomas replies. “It also contradicts itself on a regular basis and must be taken in context. Yes, it does say that men should not dress as women, but equally it says that women should not dress as men. Therefore any time a woman puts on a pair of trousers, it could also be considered a sin. Even the passages on homosexuality are slightly dodgy and open to interpretation. Most of the common texts banning such acts are referring to specific pagan ceremonies involving male rape and not to homosexuality in general. By occupation, I am the expert on the subject.”

Turning his attention back to me, he says, “In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, I forgive you past transgressions for lying about being a boy, and welcome you with open arms.”

Grace looks on in disgust at her husband, but sighing, she obeys his decree, stepping forward she states, “I’m sorry Jasmine, I do not agree with your choice of lifestyle, but I will not interfere. Instead, I will pray for your safety and happiness, and I hope that your actions bring you contentment. It is obvious you have the love and support of your family and friends, if they are willing to accept you into the global sisterhood, then I can live with that.”

“I can’t believe you’re all going along with this deluded freak,” Susan snaps, “He’s obviously mentally unstable. Self-mutilation, psychopathic behaviour, he needs a straightjacket, not dresses. You all want to panda to this weirdo, fine. I’m out of here. If anybody wants me, I’ll be at my mother’s.”

Susan gets up and heads for the Bancroft’s car. Taking her key out of her purse, she unlocks the vehicle and drives off. Her husband shakes his head and says, “I really have had enough of her behaviour. With a bit of luck, she may actually stay there.”

Turning to Wendy and Jill he says, “Wendy, you know you are welcome to come home at any time, and I have no objection if Jill shares your room. I would appreciate it if you could lend a hand at home, at least while your mother is being stupid.”

Wendy nods and embraces her father in a hug. I think we all suspect that Susan might not be coming back any time soon, if at all.

The only person who has yet to say anything on my transition is Janice Yearly. Having seen her husband being one of the first to offer his support, watched Grace at least come to terms with me if not actually change sides, and witnessed the departure of Susan, Janice contemplates her position.

“You have the support of the school, your family, and your friends,” Janice states, “even my dozy other half seems happy to call you a girl. I need time to come to terms with this. I was thinking of pursuing the matter further in the community, but I can see that would be pointless. I don’t want to lose friends over this. Therefore, I guess I can try and learn to accept it.”

“Thank you all,” I say as a tear of joy escapes my eye, “I’m glad you can at least come to terms with this. I am a girl, always have been, it’s just that I have a slight plumbing problem.”

My father throws some more sausages on the barbeque as I excuse myself and head indoors. I climb the stairs to my bedroom. Opening the wardrobe, I browse through the feminine garments contained inside. Stripping out of the male clothing I have been wearing for the past few hours, I deposit it into the laundry basket before slipping on a pale blue summer dress and a white cardigan with blue embroidered flowers. After drying my eyes, I head to my vanity table, remove the tape hiding my earrings, and apply some light makeup to enhance my femininity before descending the stairs and back out into the barn.

I am greeted by smiles from my friends and family, as well as a few surprised glances from the people who have only just learned my secret. I receive several compliments on my girlish appearance. We spend the evening chatting and generally reaffirming friendships.

I feel very satisfied and relaxed as I snuggle under the duvet with Mary and drift off to a peaceful and relaxing sleep.

Saturday morning is the usual organised chaos, but this time with added pressure due to the imminent arrival of our family. Uncle Peter, Auntie Anne, Emily, and the twins are due to arrive this afternoon.

This time they will be sleeping in one of the cottages. Well most of them will be. The cottage they are going to use has two bedrooms so will accommodate the adults and the twins. Emily will sleep in the guest room here.

Mike is also staying the night, and will be temporarily reclaiming his old room. Wendy has gone home, and taken Jill with her. Until her mother decides to turn up, she is going to spend some time with her father and assist him on the Bancroft farm.

Mary and I spend the morning cleaning all the cottages and the farmhouse from top to bottom, as well as changing all the linen and organising lunch and tea. Our parents, as Mary is now regarded as family, tend to the animals and other farm-related activities while we take on the domestic chores.

My cousins arrive mid-afternoon, shortly followed by Mike. It is a tight squeeze to fit nine people around the dining room table, but we manage and we settle down to a roast turkey with all the trimmings and a couple of bottles of wine. Having been the chief cook for most of the afternoon, I’m glad that everything has turned out so well. We haven’t had a get together as a family like this in over a year, and I don’t think Mary has ever had the luxury of such an event.

I take an opportunity after tea to get Mary and Emily alone. I have a suggestion I want to sound out on them. I know from her last visit that Emily is bisexual and is likely to be looking for some fun in a sexual sense. Mary has also commented on finding out what it is like to be a lesbian. Her mother’s affairs have put Mary off conventional relationships, especially since she was almost raped by one of the boyfriends.

I suggest that Mary might like to join Emily in the guest room for the night and that they might both appreciate each other’s company. Considering the sleeping arrangements my parents have been allowing us to get away with recently, I very much doubt there will be any adult intervention.

Mary and Emily do act on my suggestion, and try to sneak off to bed together after my Aunt, Uncle and the twins return to the cottage for the night. They don’t quite get away without being discovered. My mother sees Mary heading into the guest room as she exits the bathroom, and I hear her call out for the girls to keep the noise down.

I wake with the alarm at six in the morning and descend the stairs to where my parents are already having breakfast. I join them and we are soon all outside seeing to the animals.

I come back into the kitchen at eight and switch the kettle on. I have assisted with milking the cows and goats, but I declined joining in feeding the sheep, claiming that my blood pressure would surely rise when faced with a field full of fuzzy foes. My father eyes me with suspicion, but I get away with it.

A nervous Mike enters the kitchen having come downstairs in his dressing gown. He pulls out the breakfast cereal from the cupboard where it is always kept and after covering it with fresh milk, sits down to eat.

“Did you sleep well?” I ask.

“Not too badly,” Mike replies. “It seems so surreal being back here after what happened. I never thought that I would be sitting here, preparing to get married to the man I love.”

“I know how you feel,” I reply, “After you left, I didn’t think I would ever be accepted by our parents. I was convinced that I wouldn’t be able to live as a girl. I even suspected I might die trying.”

A very sleepy looking Mary wanders into the kitchen followed a minute later by an equally tired Emily. Mike and I give knowing looks to one another.

“What time did you finally get to sleep last night?” I ask the girls, who sheepishly look at each other.

“I think we ran out of steam and collapsed from exhaustion around three this morning,” Emily replies, grinning.

“I think it’s safe to say I can now classify myself as a lesbian,” Mary adds. “At least until I find a boy I like, in which case I may go back to being simply bisexual.”

While the others sit and have breakfast I start making cheese-filled rolls. The cheese being the produce of our consortium, is made with the milk of our own cattle. The bread we were baking ourselves is from flour ground from Jason’s wheat fields. These will be used at the reception later in the day. We also will be making sausage rolls, the meat provided by the local butcher to whom we supply a lot of our lamb. He gives us a discount on any other meat we buy.

After breakfast, Mary and Emily join me as I pack the lunch into sandwich bags and place them in plastic containers to keep cool. We have frozen a number of ice cube bags in the freezer, and pack the ice between the food to keep it cool until lunchtime.

Shortly after nine, Mike heads upstairs to have a bath and start to prepare for the ceremony later. I use the downstairs shower to freshen up. Emily takes the opportunity to join me, although we don’t engage in anything other than washing this time. We then make our way to my bedroom to get ready.

This time Emily has made sure that the dress she is due to wear has been brought along. It is the same garment as she was supposed to wear to the last wedding, but was unable to do so as it was left behind.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon restyling my wig, with Mary’s assistance. I decided that I want long elegant hair in the photos, not my actual slightly wacky temporary cut. Using rollers and hairspray, I have styled the wig so that it has a gentle wave. Yellow ribbon is woven through the hair to add extra decoration and to help keep the style in place.

As my hair is effectively ready to wear, I instead assist Emily with her own locks. Her hair is still damp from washing it earlier, which makes it easier to work with. Under Emily’s direction, I braid her hair with blue ribbon, carefully positioning pale blue flowers at strategic places on her head.

We then proceed to assist in doing each other’s makeup. It is easier to work on somebody else, especially when trying to apply eye shadow and mascara. After our faces are done, we help each other into our dresses.

I have bought what is in effect a bridesmaid’s dress for the occasion. It is a very pale yellow. The top is form fitting - I’ll need to pad my chest a fraction to make it look right. The skirt section flares out over several layers of petticoats. I lower the dress over my head and Emily buttons up the back.

Emily’s dress is a similar style, but is dark blue in colour. As she can’t easily do the buttons up herself, I assist her in return.

Finally, I lift my wig from the polystyrene head and lower it into place. Emily then makes sure it is in position and adds some hair clips to secure it.

Satisfied with our appearances, we descend the stairs and go to sit and wait in the front room. We are joined a few minutes later by my father and brother. My father is in his best black suit. My brother is wearing a hired white tuxedo, the same as Matt is going to be wearing. My mother and Wendy join us shortly afterwards.

We hear a vehicle pull up in the yard. Looking out the window, I see my aunt, uncle, and the twins emerging from the vehicle. Checking the clock on the mantelpiece, we see it is time to make our way to the venue. Emily joins her family in their car, while my parents, Mike, and I get into the family Jaguar to drive to the hall. Mike is sitting in the front with my father. I’m in the back with my mother.

The wedding is taking place at Ashby Hall, the longstanding residence of the Headley family. The house and gardens are rented out for private functions. The wedding is to take place in a secluded spot in one of the walled gardens.

The drive is short, and we are soon parked up. Mike leads us through the grounds to the end walled garden. Matt stands at the entrance waiting, greeting guests as they arrive. After shaking of hands all round, Mike stays at the entrance with Matt and we walk into the garden. Once through the door, we head down a tree-covered tunnel that opens out onto a lawn. At one end of the lawn is a circular sunken paved area with a small pond in the middle. Rows of chairs have been set up on the grass round the paved area. On the far side, there is a summerhouse. The registrar stands in the doorway, the legal documents on a table behind him.

Mike’s family sit to the left, Matt’s to the right, and general friends in the middle. My parents and I are positioned on the far left of the front row. Wendy and her father sit behind us with Jill and Mary, whom they picked up from home on their way here. Our relatives join us. I end up sitting next to Emily. Classical music is playing softly in the background. Once everybody has taken their seats the music changes to ABBA’s ‘Dancing Queen’ as the couple make their way from the back, and walk round the pond to face each other. I can’t help but giggle at their choice of music.

“We welcome you here today on this very special occasion of deep significance for Mike and Matt,” the registrar, a Mr Fisher declares. “Today they will affirm their love and publicly declare their commitment to each other.”

The audience falls silent as Mr Fisher continues, “This place in which you are now met has been duly sanctioned according to law for the registration of civil partnerships. You are here to witness the formation of a civil partnership by Matt and Mike. If any person present knows of any impediment to this civil partnership, they should declare it now.”

Nobody says a thing, so the registrar carries on, “Mike and Matt have chosen to pledge themselves to each other by committing to a legally binding contract. Their partnership will enable the love and respect that they have for each other to develop into a deep and lasting relationship. We, who are witnessing your civil partnership, hope that despite the stresses inevitable in any life, your love, trust and understanding of each other, will increase your contentment and heighten your joy in living.”

At the nod of registrar, Matt recites his vow, “I Matthew Stanley Wilkinson, pledge to share my life openly with Michael. I promise to cherish and tenderly care for you, to honour and encourage you. I will respect you as an individual and be true to you through good times and bad. To these things, I give my word.”

Mike then gives his own vow, “I Michael Dee Whittaker, choose you, Matthew as my partner above all others, to share my life, through good times and bad, with love and support. I promise to honour this pledge as long as I live.”

The registrar asks for the rings to be brought forward. My father stands and walks to the front, placing the ring on the cushion the registrar is holding. Matt’s father is doing the same.

“The giving of a band signifies the promise of a love that is everlasting and is a public affirmation that the contract between Michael Dee Whittaker and Matthew Stanley Wilkinson will be honoured.”

Each partner, in turn, states, “This ring is a token of my abiding love and a sign of the promise I make to you today,” as the rings are exchanged.

“Every day you live, learn how to receive love with as much understanding as you give it. Find things within yourself, then you can share them with each other. Do not fear this love. Have an open heart and a sincere mind. Be concerned with each other’s happiness. Be constant and consistent in your love. From this will come security and strength,” Mr Fisher declares. “We now come to the signing of the schedule, which will bind Matt and Mike together in law.”

The two of them repeat the words, “I declare that I know of no legal reason why we may not register as each other’s civil partner. I understand that on signing this document we will be forming a civil partnership with each other.”

They are then invited to sign the legal document, along with the official witnesses. Both fathers join their sons to sign the Civil Partnership Schedule.

The registrar concludes the ceremony with, “Matt and Mike, you are now partners in law and it is with pleasure that I present you with your Civil Partnership Certificate. Now that the ceremony is over and the experience of living day by day as legal partners is about to begin, go and meet it gladly. Please join with Matt and Mike as they celebrate their partnership.”

Mr Fisher steps backwards and the newly joined couple passionately embrace each other.

We all make our way out of the garden and onto one of the large lawns, where a marquee has been permanently erected to act as an outdoor function room. A large buffet is laid out, made from contributions from family and friends. One of the couple’s friends works as a part time DJ, and is providing the music that is playing in the background.

Everybody is soon tucking into the spread, and champagne is brought round to celebrate a toast to the new couple. They have decided to forgo the usual embarrassing speeches normally associated with weddings.

After lunch, the music volume is increased and we have the opportunity to dance. I notice that James and Kevin have managed to persuade Jill and Wendy to join them. I suspect they fancy their chances with the two girls, but I suspect they may end up disappointed. I just hope the girls don’t tease them for too long.

I notice that Emily has hooked up with Mary, and the two of them go off to enjoy a dance together. I don’t get chance to keep my eye on them for long, as Josh, here being Matt’s cousin, invites me to dance. I catch my aunt speaking to the DJ, and the next song becomes a slow number. Matt and Mike have taken to the floor and I see that Wendy and Jill have lost the boys, and are now dancing together, as are Mary and Emily. I take their lead and lean in close to my partner, letting my head rest on his shoulder as we shuffle round the floor, in time to the music. Josh pulls me into a kiss near the end of the song and we spend the final chorus in a passionate embrace as the music fades out.

Slightly flushed, I leave the dance floor and make my way to the girls’ room. After using the toilet, I take my makeup out of the small clutch bag I have been carrying, and repair my lipstick. As I stand looking in the mirror, I reflect on the events of the past few months. I would never have thought it possible, but I am now living full-time as a girl, with three wonderful sisters, and a dedicated boyfriend who accepts me for what I am. The icing on the cake is the reunification of our family, the welcoming back of my only brother, and the full support of both of us from our loving and sympathetic parents.

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Simon(e)

Hi

A perfect end to a wonderful story. You have wrapped everything up nicely. I look forward to your next story.

Hugs

Karen

Really Good D.L.

I've looked forward to each new chapter every Wednesday and haven't ever been disappointed with the latest events. This final chapter was wonderfully satisfying.

Thank you for creating and sharing this story.

A Wonderful story

beautifully told.

Thank you.

S.

That went pretty good...

So only Susan left, still openly hostile to Jasmine. Not bad. Although Janice and (more so) Grace are still negative about what she's doing but grudgingly tolerating it in the face of nearly universal support for her (including their husbands)... Not a bad result.

great ending!

but plenty of room for a book 3, hint, hint.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

That looks like a wrap,

Extravagance's picture

and it's a D Lightful one. ^_^ (see what I did there?)

Book One was ...POWERFUL. Refreshingly (once one is once more sitting non-bicariously!) original too. I elaborate on my review in my comments on certain chapters within Book One.
Book Two wasn't quite so original overall, but it's tried and tested (and more to the point, excellent) feelgood writing that we know and love. ^_^

I've read every story in your collection to date, and (whether or not I commented) enjoyed them all. I would very much look forward to reading further material from you, be it further adventures for Jasmine, or something else. ^_^
*Huggles*
Ta-Ta for now! ^_^

PS: Hooray for Mr Orlov! ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Well all & all I think

Renee_Heart2's picture

1 hold out & two maybes isn't too bad so I say that it was a sucess. Now Matt & Josh are now partners & now JAsmine has a stedy boyfriend & mary has a GF as well as Emily & then you have Jill & Wendy happy as GF so... All & all things worked out in the end.

If this is the end of the story I'm sorry to see it end. If not well I wait to see what heppens next.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

thanks

for sharing your story with us. looking forward to your next effort.
thanks again

Marriage and total acceptance

Okay, there are tears flowing from my eyes now. What a wonderful story!

This isn't really the end is it? Please don't let this be the end of this story.

Hugs

Vivien

Simon(e) - Book Two: Chapter 12

Thanks for a most wonderful story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Char broilers

Aljan Darkmoon's picture

Jason grins at me as I say hello. He stands with my father grilling some burgers on the flames. The barbeque is powered from a gas bottle so we don’t have difficulties with undercooked food from insufficient temperature. Personally, I have never seen the appeal of cooking in the garden when we have a perfectly functional kitchen, but the men seem to enjoy the activity. Perhaps it’s a bloke thing.

There are char broilers designed to be installed in a kitchen, but the kitchen must be retrofitted to accommodate one (mostly having to do with forced ventilation to remove the smoke and fumes). There also must be adequate space to install it, so sometimes retrofitting becomes more like remodeling. For most people, a self-contained outdoor unit mounted on wheels is much more practical.

For some people, cooking over an open flame in The Great Outdoors™ is the next best thing to camping, but many others simply appreciate the flavour. Among the latter was my mum, until she donated her charcoal grill to me because it became too much for her to operate and keep clean. The last time I checked in with her, she was certainly no bloke.

I also love the flavour of BBQ, and was most grateful to receive mum’s grill. I have a balcony outside my upstairs flat that barely accommodates it, which is scarcely an ideal situation for cooking on it. One of my favourites is to grill corned beef brisket on it over a slow fire. If done just right, it comes out tasting like pastrami. (Maybe someday I will be able to afford a smoker…) If I want a taste of The Great Outdoors™, though, I walk one of the many day trails available in my area, instead.