Red Shoes - The Shoe Interlude

Printer-friendly version
The Shoe Interlude
by KaylaKayKee


The Red Shoes had slowly started to remember. At first the memories had been vague. The only thing they had remembered was its purpose, and just barely at that. But now the memories kept coming back.


They now remembered the day they were born, they remembered its maker and they remembered its first owner. They had been handmade, many years ago and their maker had taken great pride in his craft. But most of all they remembered the powers that had been put in them. The purpose they had.

Through the years they had come to have many owners, carried their owners many miles and yet, never fully been able to fulfill their purpose. Sure, there had been occasions where they had been able to change their owners outlook in life, or helped their owners make a better choice when facing life changing decisions. But it had never really been able to fulfill their purpose. In order for this to happen they needed so many things to be aligned.

So they had waited, many times dormant. Going from owner to owner, from countless second hand and Salvation Army stores. It had fallen into hibernation, slumbering, waiting for things to be right.
It had been brought back to a semi consciousness by something being dropped on top of it. A bag. An inconspicuous tote bag.

The bag seemed ordinary enough at first glance. But it too had its share of purpose. It had seen many things and just like the shoes it have had many owners. The bag had visited many places; from the hills of the Himalayas (well the foot of the hills at least…) to the bazaars on Tangier in Morocco to the floating markets of Bangkok in Thailand. The bag had seen many things and absorbed even more in its travels. It too had seen many second hand stores and many owners and yte never understood any of it or even that it did have a purpose. It had been a repository for many things, seen and unseen. And not until it one day was placed on top of a pair of shoes had it nothing but this; a repository of collected energy.
The shoes had been able to feed from this energy and it had discovered its owner and reached out for her. And when the bags owner slipped in to the shoes that first time it had sensed that everything had finally aligned. The Red Shoes were so excited.

Their new owner was perfect. It had a completely open and virgin mind. It was free of prejudice and bigotry. The Red Shoes realized that their new owner was quite young and did not yet realize this, but it was all good. The Red Shoes would help its owner reach her full potential.

Then The Red Shoes had heard its owners wish. It was not so much an unspoken wish as a deep concern but it touched the Red Shoes very existence deeply and it aligned with its purpose.

The Red Shoes had sensed their owners deeply embedded fear of drifting apart with her childhood friend Mike. They had sensed their owners fear that this summer they would start to go separate ways and they had clearly sensed their owners subconscious wish that her and Mike would always be together.

So although yet very weak they had tried to pull some memories from its owner, to try and pinpoint what could be done. And the first memory they came across of Mike and their owner looking at a girl and Mike saying “I want a girl just like her!”

Upon this comment The Red Shoes had sensed something inside its owner. A fear that when Mike found his dream girl he would be gone. Forever.

This could not stand and so The Red Shoes decided to take action. They decided the now was the time because everything aligned. It felt its powers grow, it felt the accumulated energy from the old tote bag and it had the perfect owner.

It wasn’t until several days later that The Red Shoes realized their mistake. Their owner was not a her, it was a he! Yet The Red Shoes decided that it was too late to do anything about this and besides that; their owner clearly enjoyed wearing them.
So The Red Shoes went ahead, as careful and subtle as they could. The Red Shoes went ahead fulfilling its purpose.

And now they felt they were almost done; just a few more modifications. Time was short, The Red Shoes knew. And yet they had to e careful not to harm their owner. This was their greatest fear. The Red Shoes felt a deep love for their owner and wanted nothing but the best for… her. And yet they knew that the last step their owner would have to take alone. The Red Shoes was nervous but yet confident that when the time came their owner would do fine.

Soon, very soon. Just a little work remained. A few more tweaks.

* * *

To be continued...

up
129 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And .......?

littlerocksilver's picture

Hopefully we will hear the story from the owner's point of view.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

whoa.

And here I thought this story already finished.

Will be interesting to see what the remaining tweaks are in the two remaining parts!

Obviously, the shoes are trying to shape their owner into someone particular, and, at the same time, make them happier.

Abigail Drew.

Tweak, tweak!

WebDeb's picture

The red shoes seem benevolent and only want to do what is best for the wearer.

Imagine if it was only a crossdresser with no desire to change?

I can see a new universe here with so many permutations.

Is "Red Shoes" concept open for other's to write a story as I would like to contribute my own at some point?

Absolutely

I see no problem in the "Red Shoe concept" being adapted as a "Universe" if you so like. I would like the "universe" to stay true to the original desires of the description above i.e. "The Red Shoes" desire to do good, the need to draw energy from something, the risk of having it's energy depleted and so on. But you get the general gist.

The Shoe Interlude

Continues a most interesting story. Thanks for posting this neat story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine