So, A Man Walks Into A Bar...

Printer-friendly version

Julie O's So, A Man Walks Into A Bar... 

... but this tale is no joke.

So, A Man Walks Into A Bar...
By
Julie O

Edited by Amelia R.


Chapter 1

Devlin Byrne stepped inside the bar and shook off the rain from his coat and hat. He hung up his well worn trench coat and cap on the hooks by the door, knowing that no one would bother them. Normally he wouldn’t have gone out on such a terrible night, even if it was to get a few glasses of Bushmills, but tonight was special. The person he had been pursuing for nearly a month was in the bar.

Devlin was part owner of the bar, although this was not common knowledge. All the staff knew him and were indebted to him in some way. Mike, the bartender, had gone through a nasty divorce, and if it hadn’t been for Devlin, he would have lost his shirt. For some reason, Mike’s ex had settled out of court and left town forever without even wanting alimony.

Kelly, the pretty redheaded barmaid, had been abused by her stepfather. She had finally had enough and had nearly castrated him with a kitchen knife. Devlin somehow had all the charges dropped and had made sure her stepfather provided her with money to go to college. She had quit her job at the beauty salon and was now studying to become a lawyer. She wanted to help other abused women. The only reason she still worked at the bar was that she enjoyed the job. You never knew what might happen at Murphy’s Saloon.

There were others in the neighborhood who had been helped by Devlin. In return for his “assistance,” all he asked for was the occasional favor, nothing too difficult or extreme. In fact, most could remember doing a favor for Devlin, but couldn’t exactly recall what it was.

This was in part due to the fact that Devlin was a student of sorcery. At a young age, he had discovered that he could work spells, and over the years he had accumulated a large inventory of enchantments.

No one was aware that Devlin had powers; they just thought of him as a very generous man. When Devlin used his powers, he often used a spell to block people’s memories of his magic.

The large man liked to think that he only used his powers to better the people around him. Even though he was six-two and nearly two hundred and twenty pounds and looked like he could be a prizefighter, he was actually a very gentle man who hated violence.

He’d taken care of Mike’s unfaithful ex-wife by making her fall deeply in love with her lawyer. The spell affected both of them, and they were currently living happily in Miami with two kids and one more on the way. The love spell that Devlin had cast on them made them so much in love that they cared little about anything else and dropped all requests for alimony from Mike.

Kelly’s stepfather, Morgan, had received a different fate. He had been a local councilman and a very corrupt one. He had acquired a small fortune over the years through graft and bribery. After he recovered from Kelly’s attack, he was suddenly “overcome” by the urge to make amends. After providing for Kelly’s future, he then contacted the local office of the FBI and agreed to provide them with a wealth of information on his contacts. His information helped put dozens of men in prison and made him a very wanted man. He was currently in the witness protection. But Devlin had ensured that he would remember what he had done. Every night, Morgan woke up in a cold sweat from a horrendous nightmare. The nightmares would continue until Morgan truly repented for his crimes, which Devlin figured would never really happen.

But tonight, Devlin was in Murphy’s for himself. He had been seeking a very special person, who would hopefully become his wife.

Devlin had originally planned on spending the night at home, but then came the call from Mike that informed him that the one he was seeking had just walked into the bar. Devlin immediately changed his plans and headed into town.

Chapter 2

Brady Hayes sat at the bar sipping a Guinness as he read. He was twenty-one and a liberal arts major at the local university. He had started coming to Murphy’s the last few weeks. The library at school was usually too crowded and also too quiet. Brady had discovered years ago that he studied best when there was background noise.

He liked the bar, even though they still carded him every time he came in. He found this amusing, as the big bartender knew his name, yet always asked to see his ID.

Brady knew he looked much younger than his age. It didn’t help that he was short and slight of build. He was barely five-seven and very thin. He ran his hand through his dark red shoulder-length hair as he turned the page of his book. His hair was too long, but he couldn’t see wasting money on a haircut. As it was, he could barely afford his drink that night on his meager funds.

Devlin immediately saw Brady and smiled. He was everything that he had hoped for. Mike had called him about the young man, even though Mike hadn’t remembered doing so – all part of one of Devlin’s spells.

He sat down at the other end of the bar, so he could have a better look at the boy.

Brady was the right size and shape. His face was nicely shaped and lacked facial hair. Additionally, he had pierced ears. Devlin was very pleased.

Devlin glanced around the bar and saw that it was almost empty – the combination of the bad weather and it being a weeknight. There were just a few regulars sitting in the back; they wouldn’t be any trouble as they were more interested in the bottle they were sharing.

He ordered a glass of Bushmills and sipped it slowly, letting its warmth sweep through his body. There was nothing like a glass of whiskey or two on a raw night, he thought.

When he finished his first, he ordered two more from Mike and then got up and sat down next to Brady.

“What’re you reading, lad?” he asked in a friendly manner.

Brady glanced up with a slight look of surprise. He had been so engrossed in his reading that he hadn’t noticed the large man sitting down next to him.

“History of the Middle Ages,” replied Brady as he held up the book.

Devlin nodded knowingly. “Excellent book, I’ve read it myself. Do you go to the college down the road?”

Brady nodded. “I like studying here better than the library, I prefer to study where there’s noise, if that makes sense.”

Devlin laughed. “I also doubt they serve Guinness there.”

Brady joined in the laughter. “That’s true.”

“I’m Devlin Byrne,” he said, extending his large right hand.

Brady shook hands. For some reason the name seemed familiar, but he couldn’t place it. “I’m Brady Hayes, pleased to meet you.”

They talked for a few minutes about the book. Brady was pleased to meet someone else who was interested in history.

“So Brady, do you only drink beer?” asked Devlin. “It’s a dirty night out there, and you should drink something stronger to keep the cold out.”

Before Brady could say anything, Devlin handed him a glass with whiskey in it, along with something else. Devlin had secretly slipped a clear liquid into the glass.

“Health and life to you,” said Devlin as he held out his glass.

Brady nodded, and they touched glasses. He took a sip, and the warm amber colored fluid poured down his throat. He had had whiskey before, but this seemed stronger than normal. He then felt a strange sensation sweep through his body.

“Don’t be alarmed, Brady,” said Devlin softly. “Why don’t we go sit over there in that booth and talk?”

Brady nodded and followed the large man to the booth.

Chapter 3

“Allow me to explain. As you may have guessed, the whiskey had a little something extra in it. I mean you no harm. You will find that it frees your mind and allows the real you to come to the surface. I cannot, and will not, make you do anything that you don’t wish to do. I just need to see if you are suitable for my needs. If it doesn’t work out, you will be free to go, and this will all be a vague memory, sort of like a dream; is that clear?” asked Devlin.

Brady nodded again.

“Good, now I suppose I should be upfront; you have a lot of feminine traits. Are you aware of that?”

“Yes,” replied Brady. He replied to the strange man’s question without hesitation.

Devlin smiled. “Now, have you ever felt the desire to be controlled... in a sexual manner?”

How could he know? thought Brady. “Yes.”

“Have you ever acted on them?”

“No,” replied Brady.

“Would you like to?” asked Devlin.

“Yes,” replied Brady.

“Excellent. Now, the second issue, have you ever dressed as a woman?”

“Yes, for a school play and for Halloween,” replied Brady. He couldn’t lie if he wanted to.

“Any time other than that?”

“No,” replied Brady.

“Have you wanted to?” asked Devlin.

“Yes,” replied Brady without hesitation. He lowered his head after he realized what he had said.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed of, Bridget,” said Devlin.

“Bridget?” Brady asked as he raised his head.

Devlin nodded. “That’s your name for this evening. If things work out, it may become permanent; are you interested?”

“Yes,” replied Brady, unable to reply any other way.

“Do you like your new name, Bridget? It’s a little old fashioned, but still a very lovely name and very fitting for a fine lass like you,” said Devlin.

“Yes, I like it a lot,” replied Bridget. Her face felt warm, as if she was blushing. By god, she thought, I really think that I’m a girl now.

“Excellent, we’ll get started,” said Devlin. He raised his arm and motioned for Kelly.

“Don’t worry, Bridget, neither she nor Mike, the bartender, will remember what is about to happen,” said Devlin.

“What do you need, Devlin?” asked Kelly.

“Kelly, my dear, did you happen to bring your manicure tools with you this evening?” he asked.

She nodded.

“Excellent; can you give young Bridget a manicure?”

Kelly smiled. “I’d love to. I’ll be right back.”

Chapter 4

Bridget couldn’t believe this was happening. She watched as the barmaid expertly applied a second coat of bright red polish to her now long nails. Kelly had earlier attached extensions to each nail and shaped them before applying polish.

“That’s the last one,” said Kelly. “I think I should do something about her hair next, while her nails dry.”

“That would be very nice of you, Kelly,” replied Devlin.

Before Bridget could say a word, Kelly began to work on her hair. First, Kelly brushed it out and trimmed Bridget’s bangs.

“I have a product that should enhance your curls,” said Kelly, as she began to apply a fluid to Bridget’s hair. “You have lovely hair, Bridget.”

After a few minutes of brushing, Kelly nodded in approval. “What do you think?”

“Much nicer,” said Devlin. Bridget’s hair now had large curls styled into it. It made her look extremely feminine and pretty.

“I agree; she’s way too pretty to look so much like a boy. Let me get started on her makeup,” said Kelly.

Bridget found this idea suddenly very appealing and offered no resistance as Kelly went to work on her face.

Devlin watched with approval as Kelly slowly transformed Bridget. With each step, the woman in Bridget came out.

“I know this looks a little overdone, but you’ll love how you’ll look when I’m done, Bridget. A girl as pretty as you are should show off, "said Kelly. “Now, pout you lips like this.”

Bridget imitated what Kelly was doing and felt the lipstick being applied. Next came several coats of gloss.

“There, that’s a big improvement,” said Kelly as she admired her work. She pulled a mirror out of her purse and held it in front of Bridget.

Bridget’s eyes opened wide as she saw her reflection. From the neck up, she looked like a very sexy woman. Her eyes were made up heavily, with lots of eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow.

“I think you should change now, my dear,” said Devlin.

“Change?” asked Bridget.

“Kelly, hand Bridget those bags I had you stash and show her the way to the ladies room,” said Devlin. “But, first, let me put this around your pretty little neck.”

He had bought an outfit for Bridget based on the descriptions previously provided by Mike and Kelly. He suspected that everything would fit perfectly.

Bridget instinctively leaned over and allowed Devlin to place a silver chain around her neck. A small silver charm hung from the chain. It was in the form of a Celtic goddess.

“Okay, dear, go change,” said Devlin.

Chapter 5

Bridget was alone in the bathroom as she changed. What felt strange was that it all felt so normal as she cast aside her flannel shirt and jeans and began to get dressed in the feminine clothes.

The matching panties, garter belt, and bra were all white lace. She somehow knew to put the garter belt and stockings on first, then her panties. The bra looked empty on her flat chest, and she suddenly wished that she had breasts to fill it out.

She gasped as her wish was answered. Her chest began to grow out, filling the cups of the bra with large round breasts. At the same time, her waist shrank and her hips expanded. She now had a rather shapely and sexy figure.

Before she finished dressing, she stood and admired her body. The only reminder that she had been a boy named Brady was a small bulge in her panties. She reached down and discovered that she still had a penis, but it was very small. Instinctively, she tucked it between her legs and nodded in approval as she saw how it improved her appearance.

For her outerwear, there was an emerald green Cashmere sweater that looked like it was molded to her body. It emphasized her breasts and curves. Likewise, it was cut low and showed off her cleavage. Her nipples showed seductively through the soft fabric.

Next came a short black leather skirt and a pair of black knee-high boots. The last item was a leather jacket that totally complemented the rest of the outfit.

Bridget admired herself in the mirror, amazed at how sexy and gorgeous she now looked. While it was obvious she was now female, she could see much of Brady in her face. In many ways, she now looked as if she was his female twin, which in some ways she was. It was like a dream come true, as she had often wondered what it would be like to be a woman. Granted, she wasn’t a complete woman yet, but hopefully her transformation wasn’t finished.

She put her old male clothes in the bags and headed out to the bar.

Chapter 6

Devlin was very impressed with Bridget’s appearance. The charm around her neck had a spell that would change her to fit her own desires. It would still leave her incomplete as a woman, but he had another spell that would take care of that. Personally, he didn’t mind one way or the other, as long as she was happy. He wasn’t bound by traditional rules of sexual attraction. Over the years, he’d had male and female lovers, but he’d always felt a special attraction towards a nice submissive transgendered woman.

The fact that the spells would only work with the approval of the person who was being changed justified his actions, thought Devlin. If Bridget wanted to stay a woman, he had a spell that would ease her transition.

It wouldn’t change her history; rather, it would cast a wave of acceptance on everyone that Bridget knew. Her family and friends would accept that she wanted to be a woman.

Bridget sat down next to Devlin and immediately snuggled up close to the large man.

“Do you approve?” she asked. Her voice was now lighter and more feminine, although it had the sexy roughness that Devlin liked about transgendered women

“Yes, my love, you are quite the beauty,” he replied. “However, you are missing a few things.”

He then replaced her stud earrings with silver hoops. Next, he placed silver bracelets around each wrist. They were of Celtic design. He also placed several rings of similar design on her fingers.

“There, that’s much better; you are a fine looking woman, Bridget,” he said, “Would you like a drink?”

Bridget nodded, and Devlin raised his hand to order.

“Not that I’m complaining, but why me?” she asked.

“I’ve been looking for a woman who wants to let me take care of her. If you agree, we will leave together tonight. I want a woman who wants to be adored. I do not want a slave,” he replied. “I have always loved the inner beauty and strength of those who exist between both genders.”

“But how did you select me? I mean, we’ve never met before tonight,” she asked.

Kelly came up and served them each a glass of whiskey and left without saying a word.

“That was weird; she acted like she had never seen me before,” noted Bridget.

“In her mind, she hasn’t,” said Devlin. “To her you are just my date.”

He held up his glass and touched hers. “To us.”

Bridget sipped her drink, closed her eyes and smiled as the warmth filled her.

“Now, back to your last question; I’ve been on the lookout for someone like you. I gave the staff here the ability to sense someone who fit my criteria. They told me about you, and I must admit you’re much more than I could have hoped for.”

“Will I... always be... in between?” she asked softly as she looked around to see if anyone else was listening.

“No, in due time I can change you into a complete woman, although you would not be able to have children,” he replied. He then explained the limitations of the magic.

“That’s fine,” she replied. “It will take time just getting used to being a woman.”

“So, you agree to go home with me?”

Bridget nodded. “I’ve had these feelings my whole life of being different. I need to know if this is the path for me. It’s so strange; I should be freaking out, but instead I’m filled with the greatest sense of calm that I’ve ever felt in my whole life.”

“Well, should you change your mind; I will abide by your wishes. I don’t want to force you into anything,” he replied.

She looked into the blue-gray eyes of the large man. He looked at least twenty years older than her, but she didn’t mind. In fact, she found that his maturity was something that made her trust him.

“Do you live far from here?” she asked.

He shook his head. “Are you ready?”

Bridget nodded.

Chapter 7

Devlin owned a large two hundred-year-old house a few miles away from the bar. It stood on what had once been a farm. Devlin liked the fact that the house had character and at the same time gave him privacy.

He started the fire in the fireplace and then turned out the light and cuddled up next to Bridget. The only light in the room was from the fire. The rain started coming down harder, and they could hear it beating against the windows.

He took her slowly, as he wanted their lovemaking to last all night. Lovemaking was like drinking a fine wine; it should be done slowly to fully enjoy the experience. Devlin also wanted Bridget to ease into her new role.

Devlin was the first man that Bridget had ever been with, yet it felt totally natural. For such a large man, he was extremely gentle with her. She had never imagined that sex could be so wonderful. While anal sex was much better than she had previously imagined, she knew then that she wanted to be completely female someday. She also came to the realization that she wanted to be Devlin’s woman.

Chapter 8

Bridget woke to a mug of strong tea being handed to her by Devlin. The rain was still coming down, and it looked like it wouldn’t be stopping anytime soon. She sat up, with the comforter covering her nude body, thanked him and took a sip and smiled, as the tea tasted delicious. He sat down on the edge of the bed next to her.

“How long have you been up?” she asked.

“Since dawn,” he replied. “I watched you sleeping for nearly an hour before getting up to make the tea.”

“Why didn’t you wake me?” she asked as she took another sip.

“You looked too beautiful to disturb, my lass,” he replied.

“Thank you,” she replied, feeling her cheeks turning warm as she blushed. “I just wanted to tell you that last night was truly magical, no pun intended.”

“You’re so pretty when you blush, lass,” he said as he smiled back. “I found last night memorable myself.” He then slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her gently closer.

“Please, tell me more about yourself; what do you do for a living?” she asked

“I’m a writer and business man. I own part of Murphy’s, along with several other local businesses.”

“Really, tell me more?” she asked.

“I own an art gallery and an antique store. I let others run them now, but I still stop in to see how they’re doing. I find it more interesting to start up the business rather than run it. I plan on giving Mike my share in Murphy’s soon,” he replied.

“What about your writing?” she asked.

“I write novels,” he replied.

“Historical fiction?” she asked looking up into his eyes.

Devlin nodded.

“Now I know where I know your name! I love your books. I just finished the one about the Wild Geese, the Irish mercenaries who fought in Europe in the 1600s. I especially loved all the historical references.”

“Why, thank you,” he replied. “You are by the far, the most lovely person who has ever read one of my books.”

Bridget smiled and then took another sip of her tea. She couldn’t believe how much she was in love with Devlin; it was truly a dream come true. “How did you get involved in magic?”

“It’s a rather long story, but I found a book when I was a lad of eight. It had been in a chest given to me by my grandfather. I have no idea how old the book is or who originally wrote it, but I was instantly fascinated by it. The problem was that it was written using the ancient Irish uncial alphabet, which is a variant of Latin. The book intrigued me, and I stared at the pages for hours, even though I couldn’t understand the words. It became an obsession for me to be able to translate the book, and it was the main reason I went to college. Even after I graduated from college, it took me ten more years until I was able to decipher it. When I did, I discovered that it was a collection of spells. To my surprise, I found that I could actually cast them,” he explained.

“Did you ever tell anyone?” she asked.

“No, my family is too contemporary and civilized to accept the existence of real magic. Maybe that’s why my grandfather gave me the book, as I had always believed in things beyond our narrow vision,” he replied. “When I was young, I always begged him to tell me stories of the old ways. I suppose he saw something in me and that’s why I got the book. We’ve lost something in this modern world, and now all we have are legends and myths of the ancient days. I suppose that doesn’t exactly make sense to you, does it?”

Bridget shook her head. “Actually, it makes perfect sense. My grandmother told me stories of magic that had been passed down for generations. She always claimed that our family could be traced back to the Druids. I know the rest of my family was slightly ashamed of her as she celebrated Pagan holidays, like Solstice and things like that. She always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be, if I put my mind to it.”

“Well, if that’s true, lass, then you might have some magic in you, too. The important thing is to have an open mind. The form you took was as much your doing as it was mine. I showed you the path, you decided how you would progress,” explained Devlin.

“You mean that?’ she asked.

He nodded. “I told you that I wouldn’t force you into anything.”

“Will you teach me what you know?”

“Aye, I will teach you.”

Bridget nodded. “I’d like that. So you still have the book?”

“Yes, my love. Until you came into my life, it was my greatest treasure,” he replied.

“Were the spells you used on me from that book?” she asked.

“Only the first one; over the years, I have acquired other manuscripts,” he replied. “I’ll also share those with you.”

He then explained about some of the additional spells that he could cast, depending on Bridget’s wishes.

“Even though you want a submissive woman, it’s very important to you that I do this willingly,” she stated.

“I can’t do it any other way,” he replied. “Even when I use my powers for revenge, I’m very careful.”

“Have you used your powers to help your career?” she asked.

He shook his head. “No, in fact, finding you was the first time that I have used magic to benefit myself in decades, I’ve always preferred to help others.”

“I’m glad you did,” she replied softly.

He cocked his head. “Does that mean what I think, or hope it does?”

Bridget nodded. “Yes, I want to be your woman, if you will have me.”

A big smile appeared on Devlin’s face, and he leaned over and kissed her.

“I promise I will always treat you as the lovely woman you deserve ... and are going to be,” said Devlin. “What is your first wish?”

“Please make love to me,” she said.

“As you wish, my lady.”

The End


Author’s note: This story just came to me as I was waking up on a weekend morning. I know it’s short, but I had to get it down on paper before it faded.

 

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Short?? - maybe a little - but Oh so sweet

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Thanks Julie,

Very pretty little story. I like the fact that consent is important to the caster of the spells.(Even though it is implied that he can do things without it.)

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Very Sweet Julie

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Something you do so well, Julie, is write submissive characters that are by no means weak. We don't get to know Bridget that well, but she doesn't come across as being a push over. I think I might have been a little upset over being drugged, at least initially, but then that's the beauty of magic, isn't it?

This was a very sweet story and I think the length was perfect.

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Pleasant and nice to read

It was a pleasure reading this story. I as you find myself writing stories as they cpome to me. I sometime will get an idea for another story from a story I am workng on.
I like it when you don' t use profanity or profane idas to get your story point across.

Jill Micayla
May you have a wonderful today and a better tomorrow

Jill Micayla
Be kinder than necessary,Because everyone you meet
Is fighting some kind of battle.

Thank you.

I am not a fan of forced fem, which this was not. Bernice is very lucky.

I'm glad you didn't sleep in

I'm glad you didn't sleep in that day. a sweet and unusual story. Quite delightful.

Karen