Dooms Day Prologue

Printer-friendly version
Dooms Day
Prologue

By: Emily Rudgers

In the war hardened lands of future Earth, humanity has been brought to its knees and tested.
The only possible saviors of the world being skilled soldiers whose abilities are put to the test.
This is the story of the remnants of unit 412.

Authors Note: Right off the start I want to warn people that this story ventures far from my normal venue of writing and contains language, battle scenes, and mild gore descriptions. This is a war story, so if you are repulsed by said topics I suggest not reading past this prologue. I know that I have been neglecting my other stories which people have asked me to continue and I promise that progress has been made on them. This story wanted to be written first it would seem and will move along until my muse jumps to another story. Now without further jabbering by me, time to move on the real reason you are still reading what I'm typing: the prologue.

--SEPARATOR--

Times have changed, history has been rewritten. The ever known peace and tranquility of the world is disrupted. The concept of war has become tainted in the disaster.

If only we had known, maybe things would have happened differently, but how could it have been stopped? But I guess the real question is, how will we survive it…?

June 18, 2032 will always be remembered for the change it brought about; when our world became ruins and the people were slaughtered.

We sat on this planet thinking we were alone, the promising NASA mission to the Chartona System revealing no signs of life. The simple exploration of other planets may have been the cause of the cataclysmic event, but the true reason it occurred is unknown by all… that is, all humans. Only the Beags really know the reason, but maybe they are only the sheep being led by their unwavering supreme commander, who has come under the name Votoc.

Whatever the reason was, June 18, 2032 has become marked in history as Dooms Day.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This has promise

I'm interested in seeing where it goes.