Bound to Serve the Dark: Epilogue

Printer-friendly version
Bound to Serve the Dark: Epilogue
by:
Lilith Langtree


Darkness is a friend, an ally. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly, and there is a great dark hidden among these worlds.

Author's Note:Kudos to djkauf for betaing this for me. Pic Credit: Spirit Lover. Star Wars and recognizable characters from that universe belong to George Lucas et al.

Epilogue:

From the Diary of Lyshaa Walls:

It’s been two weeks since that night.

I’ve finally finished putting the third coat of paint on the living room walls and tried to match up the furniture as best as I could from what I remembered. I wanted everything to be just like it was whenever Aayla came back.

Her sister didn’t even want to come near the house after the funeral. She just went back to college in a teary-eyed daze.

The news has finally stopped replaying the explosion at Ellington Field, but the search is still on for her.

American Dream dropped by yesterday. She was out of uniform and somber looking.

It was all one big misunderstanding, which she couldn’t entirely explain to me for security reasons, but the gist of it was that Aayla thought that her parents were killed by a superhero, so she went on a rampage for revenge. Thirty-seven people were killed.

I don’t exactly know how to take that.

I mean here was Aayla, the one person who actually cared about me. She gave me my fondest desire and didn’t ask for anything in return except for keeping her secrets. She wasn’t capable of doing what they said she did. I don’t believe it for a second.

American Dream asked me all sorts of questions, personal questions. I answered some, but I kept to my promise and didn’t reveal any of Aayla’s.

She looked tired.

At the end she asked if I thought she’d be back.

What was I supposed to say to that?

While I wait for her, I keep the house in order and go to school. Eric and I broke up and Matt has disappeared. They think he ran away two days after the incident, because he couldn’t deal with what Aayla turned into. I think they’re full of it.

Matt loved her and I was pretty sure she was starting to love him. They were meant to be together.

How did everything go so wrong?

Am I stupid for thinking Aayla couldn’t go all evil and Grr!

If she has, then I know for a fact that there’s still good in her and all it’ll take is some love and she’ll be back to normal. I mean it happened for Darth Vader and all, right? Everyone forgave him in the end, sorta.

I just wish I knew where she was and if she was okay.

~O~

From the Personal Journal of Corporal Steven Yee:

The nightmares woke me up again last night. The smell of her cinnamon breath at my neck and her hands on my body still sent chills down my back.

The doctors don’t know what to make of what she did to me. I wasn’t a metahuman and according to their tests, I’m still not. What I want to know is how in the hell did I change into this body without that mysterious mutation.

It was something that I’d dreamed of for my entire life, but was too ashamed to proceed in what was required in order to achieve that fantasy.

I keep replaying what happened after she did it.

I was in a daze for a minute or two. Time was kind of weird for me then. Someone passed the doorway checking the offices, found me and dragged me out. That was Sparks, one of the special ops guys that backed up Agent Carter. He and Kinsey picked me up and took me down in the elevator.

Things started focusing for me by the time we’d made it downstairs. That’s when I realized something was wrong with me. My chest really hurt. When I looked down to see what was wrong, I might have panicked. I did panic. I screamed and thrashed for a second before something inside me shot out, electrocuting Sparks and Kinsey. I think it was electricity anyway. Judging by what happened with them, the doctors think it’s something else.

Fear brings it on. Whenever I’m afraid, I zap whatever is the cause. It’s not on purpose, but it’s becoming a problem.

Sparks and Kinsey are like me now — sorta -- female, I mean, alien too it seems.

Whatever that girl did to me, I’m doing to others. So, I’m in isolation and all I have to keep myself busy is this stupid journal.

What’s the joy in achieving your fondest wish if you can’t share it with anyone that cares?

~O~

From the personal log of Terra Cross:

If it wasn’t for Jade, I’d be dead. The medical bay in the Starcruiser removed all the shrapnel from the building exploding and repaired my heart.

It’s kind of scary to know I was that close to actually dying.

Mom wants me to quit. She’s scared; I get that.

The thing is I just can’t stop being me. I just have to be more careful. Gemma says that I’m supposed to duck when the villain throws lightning at me, because she might not be around the next time to distract her.

A lot of my friends died.

I hate funerals.

~O~

From the medical log of Melina Mendoza:

The new artificial skin grafts are not being rejected, except for those on Doctor Doomah’s face. They tell me they should have some operable prototypes from the cybernetic research he was working on. It’s very basic at this point.

Subject is not in good spirits. Even if we are able to fully replace his lost limbs, I don’t know if it will be enough.

His mental diagnosis isn’t favorable. Time will tell, I suppose.

End

Author's Note: There will be a follow up story to this to expand on what I've left you with, told by Corporal Yee's point of view. There's a big mess to clean up and a some explanations are in order for some of the actions that have... um... concerned a few people. ;)

Thanks again to everyone that took the time to leave a review over the course of this story and to those that have chosen to comment to me privately. It means a lot.

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

For what it's worth......I

For what it's worth......I thought this story was spot on. I especially like how you made Aayla's fall to the dark side real and something that could happen to anyone in those same circumstances. Whether she'll ever know or accept that American Dream didn't kill her family....well, that is a good question, isn't it?
Shannon Johnston

Samirah M. Johnstone

Hold on a sec...

How did Terra get to the Star Cruiser? Jade came BACK?

Good story, as always! I'm so not a Star Wars fan, but I still had to read this :)

Thanks for the great story

Thanks for the great story Lilith I'm looking forward to more :)

Lizzie

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Fallout

Now that it's all done, everyone has to deal with the fallout of the actions of one homicidal droid. *sigh*

It's probably too late, but I hope Aayla figures out what really happened that day. At least Dream does. Too bad that this information will do little good to 37 dead people.

I had a great time reading this story, and I hope to see more of it in the future.


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"


-Christelle

"Fun-loving geek-chick who's addicted to sunlight!"

Very authentic to the Star Wars Verse.

Lili:

Much to my surprise, I was able to read this story through to the end, and you carried off the obvious underlying theme with aplomb, in my opinion. It would be interesting to see what Aayla would do if she ever found out that the droid did all the murder and mayhem?

Interestingly, this story got me curious about the Star Wars series, and I only just finished watching the whole series, I-VI in order. I feel like the twi'lek race was greatly underused, now that I have also read your story.

No, it was not a happy ending, but much of life is not happy is it?

Much peace

Gwendolyn

Twi'lek Race

Enemyoffun's picture

They were underused in the movie series but there is a computer animated series on Cartoon Network called Star Wars The Clone Wars where they did quite a bit with them actually. There's a great trilogy of episodes at the end of the first season which take place on Ryloth---the Twi'lek homeworld.

I've read some fanfic on

I've read some fanfic on Aayla Secura as well. Strangely enough it was a Aayla/Harry Potter crossover that was quite good for being fanfic. It gave me ideas. I've never considered writing in the SW universe since I knew so little of of the material of the extended universe. I just never felt competent enough in my knowledge. So this was the next best thing.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Mourn the Dead fight like hell for the living.

Mourn for the Dead fight like hell for the living. Aayla’s is one of the casualties and one more source of darkness on our planet. This is better told story than Star Wars 6. Thank You.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

Ewoks were annoying?

I quite liked the Ewoks, who were the subject of the first animated spin-off.

If you want annoying, you only have to look to the prequel trilogy... a certain Gungan features quite prominently in Phantom Menace :D

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

That Gungan was the only

That Gungan was the only character I particularly liked from the prequels.

Thanks you!

Thank you once agin for a fantastic series.

Nice Wrap up

terrynaut's picture

This is a very good story. I really enjoyed it. And it sounds like more is on the way. I look forward to seeing what happens to Aayla and Corporal Yee.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Corp. Steven Yee

(S)he's definitely going to be an interesting one to follow in the future story - turned into "an alien race" (presumably something else from the Star Wars universe), and although not metahuman, has a very interesting and unusual power. If it could be controlled and if the power isn't contagious, (s)he could become very popular with a certain segment of society :)

If only the Jedi Holocron could turn up somewhere - the gatekeeper / Yoda / AI may or may not know the transformative mechanism, but it could probably be a great help to those who have been transformed to learn about their new biology1. Especially if any are unlucky enough to turn into Zeltrons :)

So both Court and Terra got out alive, while Doomah's discovering the hard way, why it's not a good idea to cross a Sith. Aayla appears to have gone to ground, a pretty sensible decision given what's happened. It's not as though she could walk into the local 24 hour supermarket and legitimately stock up on food without causing too much undue attention. If she's feeling herself again, particularly if she's found out that Court wasn't responsible for her family's death, she's probably feeling a mixture of remorse and incredible guilt that she actually (a) did so much killing, and (b) enjoyed it at the time. She also knows she can't return as anything to upset her or turn her angry could awake her Sith training again - which wouldn't be a very good idea...

1) A chance to rediscover some more species / races who didn't get much airtime in canon? :)
 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

The problem with the

The problem with the holocrons is that you have to be versed in the Force in order to access them. In canon SW, even those with the gift couldn't open them without knowing how. I plan on going a different route with that. We haven't seen the last of the GH though.

Corporal Yee: She's the SW galaxy version of human, so not too far off the mark. The gray skin is because of something else. The others though... they are simply humanoid.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Nice epilogue

I hope we'll see more of Aayla in the future. With any luck she'll be at the head of a new Sith order. >:)
I wonder, did which of Terra's friends died?

This happens if people think

This happens if people think they're right and don't need to talk to each other.

I can so see that happening to me too. I probably wouldn't act anyway else than Ayala. Desperation does bad things to people.

She might do the oucast thing now. I mean she can cloak herself with the force, but she'll never really trust anyone. I can't see her robbing stores... and I can't see her trying for world domination. The only way we'll ever see her again is when she either can't stand the lonelyness anymore or if a "hero" is able to ferret her out.
In the last case there might happen another rampage.

I guess they might need a Jedi to reign her in a bit. She seems to be defensive and won't attack anyone short of American Dream on sight.
The sad thing is that her family is dead. So she has nobody who can pull her back. I guess her sister might discover the force or something.

I like her beeing the anti-hero better than those hero stories. She has a personality and serious problems. I can really identify with Ayala and understand what she did. I hope it'll get better for her somehow.

Thank you for writing this awesome but sad story. I need to know how Ayalas story continues.

Beyogi

There will be more. It'll

There will be more.

It'll just be told from a different POV. I have no desire to tell the story of Aayla sitting in her lair, plotting the demise of her enemies. There might be a few scenes that would worthwhile to tell (her interaction with HK-47, for instance) but that can be told with interludes if the occasion presents itself.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

no sitting in a darkened lair?

No?...no screaming and ranting that this is all Richards fault? oh...that's Von Doomah.
XD
Diana

Bound to Serve the Dark: Epilogue

Unless I am mistaken, there are at least two more stories that can be launched from this.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Lyshaa

What can I say about this incredible story? For one is Lyshaa. She didn't quite take over the story line or over shadow the other characters but I can say she shined! Annoyingly perky, and dancing on the air because she achieved her lifelong dream, she was also a good friend. I think that is what really hit me in this final part, her loyalty. To see all these positive character traits contrasts greatly with Aayla's fall. We can only guess what has happened to her. I think she is still on Earth since there's a Shi'ar battle-cruiser overhead right? The one Jade bought back with her following her latest transformation.

I'm wondering about poor Cpl. Yee's transformation too! How is it contagious? Not to say a lot willing volunteers wouldn't be lining up depending on the alien race if anyone knew about it. Or is this somehow related to how Talon changed Azyla to begin with? Plus we have that mystery with the Holocons. Lots of unanswered questions!

Hugs
Grover

Answers!

I really didn't want Lyshaa to be anything but Aayla's exact opposite in attitude, which I think shows fairly well. She's not going to be a pivotal character with crucial information at just the right time or anything, just someone to balance out the negative aspects of Aayla's personality.

The Battlecruiser is in orbit around Mars at the moment, Jade's base of operations. (I really need to finish that story.)

Corporal Yee: Yes, it's related. It's not contagious in as much as Yee is subconsciously making it happen. The first chapter will explain it in more detail, so it's not going to remain a mystery for long.

Holocrons: Darth Talon (the original) was a very bad girl. That explanation will have to wait for quite a while, probably until the end of the next story.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I'm glad there is more

I'm glad there is more coming!
This was a great series and the perfect epilogue.
Thank you!

Twited and evil, more machine than man...

I rather liked the little nod to SW when Doc Doomah is clearly going all Vader with the cybernetics and possibly having to hide behind a mask. Although that might just be because the original DD was encased in metal too... either way it amused me. I wasn't clear on what race Yee is, I am looking forward to some sort of continuation of this, I really hope that Aayla can be saved - I prefer stories of Redemption to those about a Fall from Grace.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

While it wasn't my original

While it wasn't my original intent to use Doomah in that way, at the beginning, when I wrote his first scene, I saw the similarities between Vader and Dr. Doom. Luckily he won't have any breathing problems that necessitate a life support system such as Vader's.

I'm not giving any major plot point away when I say that Yee will be a Dathomir human. Other races I'm introducing into the mix are Miraluka and Zabrak. That'll give you plenty of time to research them at Wookieepedia, if you're so inclined.

I'm thinking about bringing in a creature or two as well. Maybe a Rancor. *snerk*

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

More to come, I hope.

So much more to learn here. But an excellent story, I found myself hoping she'd somehow avoid the trap and stay on the light side, which was your stated goal, so you succeeded, at least for me.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

been trying to think of who could go toe to toe with her

and I cant think of too many. The Green Lanterns and Jade would do okay, Phoenix would probably win a fight with her, maybe a couple of the others would be able to walk away limbs intact, but she's become one of the most dangerous villains in the CRU, assuming she decides to actually make that a goal.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Guilt, it may be too late.

I hope that Dream realizes her part in making Aayla turn dark, she was not a positive force in dealing with her and intentionally pushed the "I'm your enemy buttons". It is strange that she was watching Aayla so closely and moved in to seize her items so quickly and did not do anything to stop HK-47. Did they just watch the house as the family was murdered? Others have talked about the guilt Aayla will have when she finds out the truth, it may be too late for her to feel quilt over this. And I don't see it taking very long for her to find out the truth, HK seems to talk a lot about killing and it it may spill the beans soon.

HK-47 may very well be the

HK-47 may very well be the cause of its own demise. And I think you're right about it being too late for her to feel guilt and it being a precursor for her way to redemption. At the moment she is reveling in her power and that may or may not ebb in the near future.

As far as Dream goes, her pushing all the buttons, and staking the place out to swipe her stuff. A lot can be interpreted from the point of view that you are watching events take place. I admit it all looks bad for Dream, but it was all viewed from the POV of a semi-paranoid person and a murderous droid.

We're all used to reading from the point of view of the hero of the story. Their tale is often told to bolster their view of what is right. That's one of the reasons I wanted to seriously delve into the mind of a villain in this instance.

If I was writing this from Dream's perspective, Aayla would look seriously bad (the times that Dream's interacted with Aayla) and would have proved it in the end. Right now she's the most deadly villain that Dream's ever faced, but she also knows that it was brought on by events beyond anyone's control.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Perspectives

"... it was all viewed from the POV of a semi-paranoid person ..." as I was reading this sentence, I was unsure if you were referring to Aayla or Dream at first. I don't see Dream as being the most unbiased person/heroine out-there. I look forward to reading more of your interesting writing in the future or are you just telling the stories of alternate realities.

Look from the other side

So, if we look from American Dream's POV? Then, we will see someone who managed to escape hospital without informing anyone, we see someone who did something to the good doctor of STAR Labs - it couldn't have gone unnoticed - and someone who proudly proclaims they have the knowledge to collapse much of current economy, by introducing new and efficient technology*.

AD's main, and extreme, bias, is protection of the government and citizens of US of A. Someone who has potential for world-changing events must be monitored and/or controlled, whether ideologically (importance of the same USA, or the well-being of humanity at large, would make someone cautious enough for this matter), by managing the avialability of resourses (and that's what AD did) or by some other measure. Unfortunately, 'vested interest in well-being of humanity' did not sound like a trait Aayla possessed, she was mostly driven by self-interest at the time. So managing the resourses was perhaps the one possibility they could still exploit. It was, from POV of AD, the least confrontational way out of the situation. Still, she should have made some inroads, to be able to communicate with Aayla in case of emergencies, and not left her to her own devices entirely.

Faraway

*new and efficient technology - I have to point though that apart from the usage of oils and gas as a natural fuel, they are a crucial raw material for chemical synthesis. As such, even if the demand plummets, they still won't be dirt cheap, nor would they be obsolete.


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

You are very very close to

You are very very close to seeing everything, but for lack of information. One of the downfalls of first person POV is you don't know what else is going on out there.

I think it goes without saying that once Aayla mouthed off during her first trip to Ellington that she was probably under some sort of surveillance. Maybe an in depth background check, parents recent spending habits,etc. Then think about what would happen if one of your top scientists (which Doomah was, otherwise why was he leading the meeting during that visit) was compromised, on a military base, with high security clearance, in this post 911 world.

That just took everything to a whole new level and gave Dream the authority to do just about anything she wanted (within reason).

I was planning on revealing this in the follow up. It wasn't really a big secret or anything and all it took was a nudge with the reference about POV to figure it out (for the most part).

Well done!

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

TY!

So, can this situation be described as an unfortunate result of the lack of patience and willingness to cut corners (Aayla), intense if harmless desire that was at least in part guilt-driven (Doomah), and sense of duty-bound need to act due to the situation (Courtney)? Strong feelings colliding from all sides, it truly was a charged situation.

On a mostly unrelated note, is the Dark Side corrupting in and of itself (as in, direct energy-alignment interaction) with little to no signs of danger, or can its influence be traced? I am asking since, for one, the users do exhibit change in outward appearance, and I've heard some of the mental conditions have an underlying biological cause like the chemical imbalance in the brain. So, is the influence direct, or it manifests as some body and brain chemistry wonkiness that can possibly be treated?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

That's a fair summation.

That's a fair summation. Don't forget to include HK-47's role as well. ;)

In canonical Star Wars, The Dark Side of the force can indeed turn you dark. There are instances where characters have used it and returned to the light side. Virtually every Skywalker, at one time or another, has fallen, even Luke in the Extended Universe. It's like they're genetically predisposed or something.
I've never seen a story where they explain what goes on chemically or mentally in great detail, but I'm not that fluent in all of them. There are too many stories for me to know them all.

Treatment? Yes. If they can capture one alive, they can wipe his/her memory and whatever else they do to flush the dark side out. They did it to Darth Revan. He was a Jedi then Sith, then Jedi again. So it is doable.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

After Thinking About Aayla

For a few days, I'm not getting something. I thought Aayla was "loaded" with (much of?) the contents of Darth Talon's brain. Aayla also has a bigger brain and a much better memory. I don't understand why she acted so stupidly!

To be a major evilness in the galaxy, I would think a being would have to be very smart. Kill others and you generate enemies. Getting fooled by an enemy into attacking someone else could easily lead to downfall. Aayla finds that Am Dream and the feds have taken her starwars objects; she also finds that her family have been cut into pieces. Now, jump to conclusions or what?

Lets say Aayla doesn't know much about AD's motivation. The feds should be distrusted; after Ruby Ridge and Waco, etc. etc. A smart persyn should figure that the feds can kill, kill innocent along with ones they fear, and make stupid mistakes. Aayla should be able, very quickly, to recall all reports or rumors involving domestic fed killings and news reports of everything AD has done. I can only recall gunfire, burning deaths and maybe explosions in fed quick killings (not counting untreated diseases, poisoning, etc.). I don't think AD has killed innocents, but if so it would be accidentally. Maybe other things have or could happen, but I can't conceive of "our authorities" hacking up bodies.

This should lead Aayla to consider AD and the feds Didn't Do It, not their MO. Did Aayla examine the cut surfaces? Were they burned through? Sawn? Sliced with a very sharp blade? Cut with a light saber? I also thought that moving her starwars objects (maybe) and killing her family would cause big disturbances in the Force. I sort of thought that the Force would tell Aayla how they died and even something about who or what killed them.

I finally had a hypothesis, but it's not too realistic. Possibly the Sith have evolved or accidentally developed "altruistic" blind rage. Altruistic behavior in animals has one doing something that would put er at greater risk, like sounding a warning, but would help the survival of er kin and even different species near by who might give a warning at another time. A sith warrior or noble in a blind rage might become more vulnerable and might not strike back at the correct enemy, but would cause massive killing, damage and general chaos, which might advance the aims of the Sith overall.

On the other hand, Darth Vader always seemed extremely intelligent and calculating. I don't know if it were information from the dark side of the Force, but he seemed to know things those around him did not.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

You've definitely thought

You've definitely thought this through. Let me see if I can make things a bit clearer.

Darth Talon trained and transformed Aayla, but didn't possess her or download her personality into her mind or anything like that. Due to her training and being in close contact with a Sith artifact (which radiates the Dark Side), Josh became massively hateful, paranoid, and Gollum-like for a short while. That never went away, it was just suppressed by meditation and released by her family's death.

Over the course of the story, she her emotions progressively get worse, darker. Pressures, stubbornness in keeping the Heat thing at bay, etc. put her on the razor's edge for an emotional breakdown of epic proportions.

Then her family gets killed. Irrational people make irrational judgment calls and don't think very well. Even Anakin Skywalker went ballistic and did very stupid things, based purely on emotion, before he officially became Darth Vader. By movie's end in Ep. 6 he'd had been Vader for almost 20 years. More than enough time to temper his anger into more productive ways.

Let's see, what else. Oh, the brain thing. That's a simple one. Big brains doesn't equate to analytical intelligence. For Twi'leks it mostly means better memory. The portion of the brain that leads into the lekku is devoted mostly to memory storage. It's what she does with that memory that's important, and youth often acts before it thinks.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I agree with most of that

Aayla offered the tech to the gov if they gave her a place to work and did not bother her. hell we gave nazi and soviet scientist that kind of deal with less being offered. I agree with your POV comments but American Dream still shares some blame here. her people were shooting to kill not stun.

now that i finished this i'm looking forward to your next effort. thanks

Good Read!

Enjoyed the story, now I wana go play KoTOR again.... Maybe I'll have to look into the Darth Talon canon stories too, I'm really iffy on Star Wars novels and comics after a certain imperial general ranting for 250 pages about "Jedi Baby".

Can not wait for more
Tony

Bound to serve the dark 1 - 8+ epilogue

Lilith...as is my wont, i read all of this in one sitting and resisted commenting till now...sorry...i needed the story in one piece. though i know a bit about the star wars universe and i have been to wookiepedia once or twice, it was all wonderfully presented so that even someone with only a passing interest could digest the information presented in your tale. Josh never asked to have any of this thrust upon him. it was alien technology that caused all of this and though Josh / Aayla dealt with it logically, trying desperately not to give into the darker nature of her new self. unfortunately, fate can be a real MF when she wishes, and the appearance of an ancient HK droid tipped the applecart nicely.
This is a brilliant work and i am so looking forward to everything else you write... almost done reading the retcons...perhaps the Center?
Lovely work,
Diana

Aliens in Star Wars

Long time reader. 1st time posting, being a big Star Wars Fan I didn't want to by disapointed be this & I wasn't. This is one my favorite story. those are 2 of my favorite Aliens other Aliens I hope that you do in another story are Miraluka, Mirialan, Nautolans, Pure Blodd Sith, Rattataki or Togruta but if you choose another species I would also be happy

Thanks for taking the time to

Thanks for taking the time to break your silence. New voices and ideas are always welcome, and I'm glad I didn't disappoint. Writing a Star Wars story is very intimidating since there is so much EU material and information out there. Abusing it is akin to grave insult to the SWU fans.

In the follow-up story, I had planned on including a Mirilan and one other species (chosen but as yet unnamed) to compliment the Dathomir Witch that will be taking the lead.

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

love it

from the first til the last line
hoping for other chapters
erik je

uhhhmmmm

you kind of made a prommise [several of them ] to write more parts of this great story and i have been waiting sinds 2013 .
so maby is missed it or have you been bussy with other stuf ???
erikje

Dark but

Podracer's picture

Irresistible. Thank you Lilith for the entertainment

"Reach for the sun."

Lilith probably won't see this...

I generally don't like Star Wars or Star Trek fanfic, but Lilith's work is good enough to bypass most of that.

I'll point out a few things here that, to me, make most of Aayla's actions perfectly reasonable.

1) The government is NOT supposed to be a pack of thieves.
2) Nobody made any attempt to actually follow the rule of law (for example, Carter should have been arrested immediately for questioning, rather than a family member, because she had actually _made threats_ against the main character) In this case, Carter was actively violating the Constitution by supporting thefts and the use of the military against civilians.
3) When recovering stolen property from an avowed criminal (Doomah), the "authorities" immediately went lethal force against the owner of that property instead of arresting the criminal.

There are processes and procedures for technology or processes to be reviewed by the government - and this was none of them.

In this case, the deaths of Terra and Carter's "friends" is regrettable, but they should have known the UCMJ and realized that they were actively supporting criminal behavior on the part of their superiors. All of those deaths are their own responsibility. They didn't kill the soldiers themselves, but they might as well have.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Love it...

Where is the next story...

Unfortunately, due to reader

Unfortunately, due to reader attacks/commentary, Lilith hasn't been seen here for a number of years.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.