TransBike-New England Wish

Printer-friendly version
TransBike-New England Wish
By Jennifer Sue And Stanman63
Thanks To JennaFL For Proofing And Nora Adrienne for editing!

Synopsis:When a young trans-girl reads about the TransBike, she sets out on a new odyssey to see if the TransBike is real so that she and her friends may have a wish granted.

My thanks to Jennifer Sue for allowing me to base a TransBike upon Krista's Odyssey.

[-][+][-]

Krista was up in her room reading stories at 'Big Closet Top Shelf' that her friend Kylie had shown her. Like Kylie, Krista was a special girl, but it was Krista who'd changed things for the better for Kylie. And now Kylie was doing as Krista was always doing, blessing others by her actions.

Kylie wanted to do something to show her gratitude to her friend Krista for helping her to realize who and what she was. Krista had become a catylist for change ever since she'd arrived and a community leader. Once she had a idea, it was best to let her go with it as any idea that Krista had would bless others.

Krista's Odyssey had begun with the death of her mother, Carol O’Brien. She ran away when she became pregnant, she was fifteen and didn’t want to cause problems for anybody. But she contracted cancer, when she couldn't go on, she charged Kristopher with getting himself and her sisters to New England where their grandmother Jane (Gram) O’Brien lived.

Her mother had given her son young Kristopher an almost impossible challenge to get him and his sisters Lyndi and Teri from Massachusetts to New England.

That night, she wrote a note that left them fifty dollars and the address of their grandmother in Talbot County. Then she calmly walked into the ocean and drowned not knowing of the role that she'd play in her children's lives.

Kristopher could have allowed him and her sisters to be taken into Foster Care, but if that happened, they'd be split up, something that none of them wanted. So, they set out upon a trek up the Eastern Seaboard where he found out who he was.

Krista had a very special way about her that would not let her rest if there was something that needed to be done. It began during her trek up to New England where she'd met the Spades. She'd met them on her odyssey

It was his odyssey of discovery as he discovered the girl within him. He discovered that being a tough guy got him no where, but when he portrayed himself as a girl, people would help him, which was very confusing to the lad. He went along with it because it worked while they were on the road.

Krista and her sisters met the Spades, an older couple who befriended them and helped to get them to New England. Their Hearts went out to the urchins so that they wanted to help in a personal way and not get the government involved for the last time that they did, it broke their hearts.

Frank and Sarah Spade were teachers of Holly and Ivy Reese. They reported Heather Reese to the Cecil County Children's Services who removed the girls from Heather's custody. The Services split up the girls into three foster families. Jasmine's foster father Mr. Travers raped her, but was not prosecuted for his crime. When Heather learned what happened, she killed him.

When the Spades leaned of the tragedy, they retired as it broke their hearts. In reaction, they retired and bought a houseboat, they lived on the houseboat while they took their time sight seeing as they plied the coastal waters in an attempt to put their grief behind them.

When they met Krista and her sisters, they saw the Reese girls that they;d unwittingly hurt and saw an opportunity to undo the harm that they'd caused.

The Spades were able to assuage a part of their guilt and shame by helping Krista and her sisters Lyndi and Teri up to New England where they met their grandmother.

But they had yet to meet their grandmother: Jane (Gram) O’Brien. They were afraid that even if they made it to New England, that it'd be in vain, little knowing that their odyssey had already started to pay dividends in unexpected ways.

It was only when he finally hit bottom that his macho facade crumbled, leaving him open to change. By the time they got to New England, being a girl was no longer an act. It was natural. Once he stopped being such a hard ass and became a girl, things turned around because everyone thought she was a girl.

Everyone saw it but Krista, but they let her discover it on her own and supported her fully and without judgment. It was only when she accepted in her heart did her odyssey end.

When Krista stopped fighting herself and let herself be a girl, she opened her soul to God and found acceptance. Since then, Krista has tried to encourage everyone to be true to their heart.

When her grandmother accepted Krista and her sisters, she also met her family. Her father is Leroy Scott; Talbot County Deputy Sheriff. After her mother vanished, he became sheriff in order to find Carol O'Brien, when he gave up hope of finding her, he met and fell in love with Patricia, a school nurse. They have two sons, Leroy Junior and Peter Scott.

Sheila 'Nana' Scott is Krista’s paternal Grandmother, Robert 'Pappy' Scott is Krista’s paternal Grandfather, owner Scott & Sons General Contractors with Larry Scott. Laura Scott is his wife and mother of Wanda & Larry Jr.
Leroy Scott is Krista’s father who became a Talbot County Deputy Sheriff to search for Krista’s mother, Carol O’Brien. But when the search proved fruitless, he married Patricia who became a school nurse. They have two sons, Leroy Junior and Robert.

Robert 'Pappy' who owns Scott & Sons General Contractors and Sheila 'Nana' Scott are Krista's paternal grandparents. David and Laura are their children. David and Laura have two sons: David (DJ) Scott Jr and Larry Allen Scott. And David works with his father at Scott & Sons General Contractors.

Evelyn Masters is Kylie's mother and Jim Masters is her dead dad who is an ace mechanic who taught Kylie his trade. Jack Masters is dead, like his brother Jim, and Rachel Masters is a waitress, they are the parents of Tony Masters.

Krista found a Church Home where she could truly start to live the Life that she wanted to where Gram is a member of Union United Methodist Church pastored by Rev. Giles. He proved to be a truly open minded Pastor who saw Krista as the girl that she was instead of trying to force her be the boy Kristopher that she started out as.

Now that Krista has found her home and family. She started BLESSING others as she started to live her Christian Belief in Paying Off Any Debt Forward.

She believed that it was her duty and privilege to live her life in a way that honored Jesus. She was open about her transgendered status with everybody who in turn treated her like a girl. But THIS girl would be no wallflower, at all! No, she would not let anyone or anything hold her back.

Krista began to establish herself as leader in the community and Church as people that she met on her odyssey established ties in the community and past mistakes were corrected under her guidance. She never forced anybody to do anything at all. Rather, she led by example and by suggestions.

[-][+][-]

The first one to feel Krista's charm was Tony Masters. He was a tailback for the school, but also a bully, that learned his lesson and became Krista's boyfriend. Tony was brought up believing that people like Krista and Kylie were poofs, puffs, fags and unworthy of anything but contempt until he met Krista.

He truly believed that Krista would be an easy target, little knowing that she could take care of herself. She easily was able to turn his attacks against him and have him on the ground with her straddling him.

He was impressed with her ability to fight and humbled when she offered him her hand in friendship. Then he told her about his cousin Kyle who was like Krista.

Before Krista had arrived, Kylie was a very sad boy named Kyle who did not know what to do to resolve her problem. Kylie was a girl at heart, but didn't know how to become the girl she truly was and was afraid to tell anybody,especially her best friend, Larry.

Her best friend Larry rode a Harley Davidson motorcycle and typically dressed like 'The Fonz' from the American classic TV series 'Happy Days', but unlike the character, he was a tall, rugged man instead of a man whose size made him look like a preteen trying to act tough.

No, her best friend was heading down the road to ruination being a young tough on his bike until Krista showed up. By the time that Krista showed up, she knew that she was a girl inside and gladly accepted the new her which started off a most wonderful series of blessings that blessed others who came into contact with Krista.

After Kylie had told her best friend about her, he stormed off, leaving a distraught Kylie who attempted suicide. But Krista's dead mother intervened and kept her from dying by sending Krista to her rescue only to find that Kylie's best friend had chosen to love her, which made Kylie truly thankful to Krista.

But things almost went bad for them, Jack Masters, Tony's father tried to kill young Kylie and Tony when he found out about Kylie only to have Krista kill him before he could carry out any actions against them. She did it to protect her friends and family, she hated having to kill him, but knew that he was intent upon killing everybody that he saw there.

Kylie is an ace mechanic, just like her dead dad, Jim Masters. Like him, she can repair most anything. She has taken over a barn an turned it into her garage where she has been working upon an old DUKW in her spare time.
Her mom, Evelyn Masters is happy that her child has found happiness. She was worried about her child, but when she saw that Larry loved her, she knew that Kylie would be happy. They'd grown up together as best friends, now they would be even closer than ever.

[-][+][-]

She and Tony were also instrumental in adding a new sister and aunt to her family. They were at the football field one Saturday when they heard a child crying, they investigated and found Sandi Herr, she'd run away after being sexually molested by her mother Buffy Herr's pedophile rapist boy friend, Dan Miller who was beaten to death in jail. Buffy Herr was sentenced to 10 years in prison for her part and Sandi was soon adopted and became Sandi (Herr) Scott.
[-][+][-]

But Krista knew that there was still a grief yet to be corrected. Then she saw a boy eating a Reese's cup and knew that the Spades were involved in some way and set about correcting the grief.

Heather Reese met Benjamin Campbell and they soon fell in love and had three daughters. She was content to be a housewife while Ben was a teacher at a local college, but he was soon to prove to be a real cad.

When he got a chance to teach in a Canadian college, he took it and left his family high and dry. To him, Heather's background as an orphan did not fit into his idea of a perfect wife for him.

In order to pay the bills, Heather became an exotic dancer and left her oldest daughter Jasmine to care for her sisters. All went well until the Spades found out and informed Child Services who took custody of the children.

Heather was devastated when the police took her into custody and sent her daughters into the Foster Care Program. Unfortunately, because of her work environment, she lost custody, but did have visitation rights.

When Jasmine was raped by her foster father Mr. Travers and the system refused to prosecute him, Heather killed him in righteous fury only to be subjected to a miscarriage of justice that Krista's actions brought to light.

Judge Rudolph had been the presiding judge at Heather's trial and Harry Thomas was the DA who had prosecuted the case. Her court attorney was totally unqualified. According to the transcript, he never attempted to have the charge lowered or presented any evidence for why she committed the crime other than to tell the court the deceased had molested her daughter.

She spent two and a half years in the Maryland Correctional Institution for Women in Jessup before she was released into the custody of the Spades and was reunited with her daughters: Jasmine, Holly, and Ivy.

[-][+][-]

As for Jasmine, when she went catatonic, she was placed in the Apple Tree Quality Healthcare Systems and was lost in the system. Like others in her condition, she was transferred to a nursing home where she was given only minimal care.

As a result, Heather went comatose and became a victim of a fraudulent nursing home that did not try to establish any sort of therapy for Heather, nor the others.

The search initiated by Amanda Frost revealed a multitude of fraud issues involving over-billing the state Medicaid program, keeping discharged patients listed as still in their care, and transferring patients from a higher reimbursement location to a less expensive site while still listing the patient as remaining in the costlier location which is what they assumed occurred with Jasmine Reese.

The Maryland State Attorney General's office obtained a general search warrant to access the files of Apple Tree Quality Healthcare Systems. The company operated a statewide network of skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. To prevent further deceit, they coordinated simultaneous strikes at each of the eleven company residential locations, the five home care and hospice offices plus their corporate headquarters.

The coordinated raid made the local and state news that night, but all that was released stated that serious discrepancies in the record keeping and billing procedures of the Apple Tree Quality Healthcare System were being investigated and that to the best of the investigator's knowledge the clients were not in any danger.

Each strike force included a representative from the State Department of Human Resources which handles Medicaid fraud and human abuse, A state trooper, a deputy sheriff, and an assistant from the Attorney General's Office. The larger facilities had more than one person from the Department of Human Resources. They swept into every location. Nearly all the managers went into panic mode when served with the warrants.

In the facilities, the patient lists were compared to the reimbursal lists. Discrepancies occurred at every site. Patients who had been discharged were still on the reimbursal lists. Many patients who were listed on the state records as being at a rehab center were found in less costly facilities.

None of the centers found Jasmine Reese listed on their in house rosters. It turned out she was one of twenty four unaccounted for patients who were comatose or so mentally deficient they were like helpless newborns, yet were listed as being in expensive rehab centers in the state reimbursal lists.

The fraud and deceit was company wide, not one facility had their in house patient roster match the billing. Extra investigators were called in from all those involved. Deputy sheriffs were detailed to stay on site 24/7 until the site investigation was completed.

It was late afternoon when the investigators in the main office discovered an unlicensed facility that housed the twenty four missing patients. State police were dispatched to lock down the site until investigators could get there. It had been a privately owned facility Apple Tree had purchased five years before. The patients were moved to other company owned facilities and the place shut down with the staff being transferred or terminated.

After letting it sit vacant for a year and letting the license lapse, they cleaned the inside. They left the battered and worn old sign in place out at the entrance. As the place was located out of site of the public road, no one knew they were reopening it. One by one, the company began moving comatose or mentally deficient patients from the more expensive rehab centers. Jasmine Reese was one of those relocated to the clandestine but clean care center.

All twenty four patients in the facility were alive, but emaciated, many like Jasmine were curled into a fetal position. The staff changed the diapers three times a day and rolled the patients from side to side every two hours. An LPN on each shift took care of the metering the patients' IV nutrient and liquid needs. Other than changing diapers, there was no attempt to keep the patients physically fit.

Except for the manager and the company doctor who stopped in one day a week, none of the staff was aware they were working in an illegal operation. All expenses including wages were hidden within the budgets for the rehab centers.

The owners, managers, and staff who had perpetrated the fraud were arrested and the entire business seized. Most made bail. The owners promptly fled the country to tap their multi-million dollar foreign bank accounts. The state placed new managers in every facility and began the process of trying to find another company to take over the business.

The unlicensed facility was to be closed as soon as possible with the patients being transferred to acute rehab centers around the state. The Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation on the fifth floor of The Memorial Hospital at 219 S. Washington Street in Easton was part of The Shore Health System, which in turn is a part of the University of Maryland Health System. Since the entire investigation started out of the search for Jasmine Reese, Amanda Frost pulled a few strings to have her placed there by the next day.

[-][+][-]

When Krista saw how Jasmine looked, she worked her magic and had Jasmine placed on the front lawn of The Requard Center for Acute Rehabilitation in the The Memorial Hospital at 219 S. Washington Street in Easton where she got the Tidewater Titans Cheerleaders to cheer to the song MICKEY, Jasmine's favorite.

Under her leadership and her mother's guidance in Jasmine's mind, Jasmine returned to life as she danced to the song on TV. This was sent nationwide along with the Apple Tree fiasco.

[-][+][-]

Krista also came up with the name or new community that was born around her grandmother's farm. Ever since her arrival, more and more people bought land adjacent to her farm and set up new businesses that soon were blessing others whose financial needs were met as their skills helped the new business. The name Clan Wells Point was done to set them apart from any other community as they were in their minds a family.
[-][+][-]

The Campbell's worked with the FBI to bring the Gordon brothers to America to face the charges against them as the owners of the Apple Tree Quality Healthcare Systems.

They were trying to sell their farmland which just happened to be adjacent to Clan Wells Point. The Gordon brothers needed to quietly sell the property in order to finance their new lives because the government had seized their accounts, leaving them with only cash on hand.

They returned to America in order to get the money from the sale, but upon the sale, were arrested, losing both the property and money from the sale while the Campbell's took ownership of the property and promptly joined the Clan Wells Point.

With the information provided by the Campbell's, the State Assistant DA Amanda Frost contacted the Royal Canadian mounted police about the arrest Warrants they had issued for the arrest of Benny Reese. The Talbot County Children's Services had already filed paperwork to get child support from Benny and that too was passed along.

Benny Reese Junior was also brought to justice for abandoning Heather and his daughters. Steven Campbell, stepfather of Benny Reese and Cynthia Campbell helped to have Benny Reese Junior arrested. When they met his second wife, Gretchen Reese who was pregnant, studying to be PT, they adopted her and disowned their cad of a son.

The Campbell' adopted the Reese family and Gretchen and her son, Benny Junior. Gretchen and Heather became fast friends and bonded as sisters as Benny (B.J.) bonded with Jasmine Holly, and Ivy. They lived together in one house as a loving family, expectantly waiting upon the birth of Gretchen's baby.

[-][+][-]

It was at a barn dance that Krista organized that Freddy, Barney, Dwayne, and Phil were in an accident and James Ewell admitted that he was really a girl.

When James ran away after looking at Kylie, Krista and Tony ran after him and Krista ed the rescue when James blundered into a pool of wet mud that was sucking him in. She broke through his air of despair and with the hep of others that Tony fetched, got James out of the mudhole.

When Dick and Ruth Ewell, the parents of James found out, the father spouted venom about 'all of the pansies' that was caught on tape. But when Krista stood up to his father, Jamie was born as she revealed her history of attempted suicides.

When presented with the court order, he tried to force Ruth Ewell to go with him, only to face off against a raging Jamie who wanted to defend her mother, when she was knocked back, but was held back.

Krista and her father took the raging bull down with Krista giving him a dropkick as her father wrested him down, leaving the spunky girl with scraped up legs.

Ruth was proud of her daughter and more than willing to put a halt to their nightmare, which she did thanks to the video evidence and having the injuries that she'd sustained documented. But little did either one suspect, Krista would be instrumental in helping Jamie to be accepted by the community.

Just before the Christmas Dance, Krista made sure that Freddy and Barney had a date. She felt that they'd unlearned their redneck ways enough to accept the presence of the newest T-Girl in school. When they met Jamie, they were understandably shocked, but overcame their old ways and became Jamie's escorts.

[-][+][-]

Freddy Grant, son of Jacob and his best friend Barney had been so anti-socially rebellious the only thing they wanted from school was to be out. Neither saw that they had a future until Krista and her friends spoke to them.

Freddy lost both of his legs and suffered severe trauma to his head and torso that made him belligerent as he started to feel sorry for himself before he learned about other double amputees who did not let their loss of limbs top them from achieving sports greatness. In the end, Freddy accepted the facts and chose to put his past behind him and use his mind to go to college.

Freddy's best friend Barney lost his left arm and suffered from bodily and spinal trauma that left him in need of therapy as he learned how to walk again. But he had a mother who dearly loved him and whenever Freddy came over, treated him as if he was her son.

For the first time in their lives, Freddy and Barney were eager to return to school. The school arranged daily tutoring between their therapy sessions which were quite productive, especially after the pep talks by Dr. Olsen and Kylie and Krista. The boys had surprised everyone, especially themselves, as they excelled in their studies. In the weeks since they had come to Requard the tutors had brought them up to speed in all their classes.

Freddy and Barney were moved to The Clan Wells Point Youth Rehab Hostel. Upon their arrival, both were delighted to find the spacious property had been made fully accessible, including a small elevator four feet by six feet to the second floor. All the exterior doors had been equipped with electric door openers so at the mere press of a button, the door would open. All the interior doors had been converted to pocket doors that easily slid out of the way to give unhindered passage.

Waiting for the boys were two used power wheel chairs. Both had the speeds limited to a normal walking pace of two and half MPH. The unit Freddy was given had been equipped with special rear anti-tip wheels because the balance system designed into nearly all wheelchairs takes into account the weight of the users legs to act as a counter balance. Gravel walkways had been laid out throughout the yard to allow them unhindered mobility to the pier and out buildings. The pier had been equipped with sturdy guard rails ten inches high to prevent any wheelchair, manual or power, from accidentally or intentionally driving into the water.

Freddy would have the power chair available until he was fitted for and able to use prosthetic legs. Barney would only have his until he was strong enough to walk on his own. Even so, the boys were delighted with their new-found mobility and their new home. Both expected to return to school after the Christmas Holidays, Barney under his own power and Freddy in the power chair.

[-][+][-]

Krista knew that Tony and Jimmy had been good buddies with Dwayne and Phil before she came into their lives and that she was the reason their friendship deteriorated. Before she'd shown up, Tony, Jimmy, Dwayne and Phil were best buddies, but when Krista won Tony's heart, Jimmy became silent as he saw the positive impact that she had on Tony. Best of all, when Jasmine returned to life from her coma, the shy and gentle Jimmy was just what she needed as a balm upon her angst over her trauma.

Maureen Abott and Norma Harper could not believe how Krista and Jasmine were able to tutor Dwayne and Phil. The mothers were amazed the spunky girls were so effective in teaching the guys. They set right to work and didn't give the guys a chance to stray from the subject. This isn't to say they didn't joke and gossip, but they did so while staying on topic.

Krista did most of the teaching as Jaz was still playing catch-up, but Jaz was smart and picked up most of the lessons in school so the tutoring just reinforced her learning. As Krista taught, Jaz watched the guys for comprehension, when she noted they were getting lost, she let Krista know. Krista would then take another track to get the lesson across.

The girls steadfastly refused to take any money, telling the mothers they were just doing what they could to help friends and that they could best pay them back by passing on the good deed.

The school provided Jaz with a manual wheelchair for her to use to navigate the halls during school hours. When they arrived at the hospital, she used one of the hospital provided wheelchairs to move about.

Seeing Jaz in the wheelchair went a long way in easing the boys' concerns about being looked down upon as cripples. They knew Jaz was getting stronger and would soon no longer need a wheelchair. They also knew the same would eventually be true for them. It was merely a short term solution. With that realization, they cooperated with the rehab staff as they were fitted with manual wheelchairs to meet their specific needs.

Dwayne and Phil vowed to never again drink and drive or use illegal drugs and to turn their lives around. Because of the casts, therapy was slow for Dwayne and Phil, basically consisting of learning how to cope and be as self sufficient as possible in the casts. Their manual tilt in space wheelchairs provided support for their broken bodies and provided easy means of shifting the weight bearing sites on their bodies while allowing them to be wheeled around by an attendant.

The boys had always been best friends and now their shared personal stupidity and the resultant tragedy and disabilities made them dependent on each other for moral and attitude support. When one or the other would start to slip into past poor behavior patterns the other would alert the miscreant. Unlike in the past, both accepted the gentle rebukes in the spirit they were made. They felt closer than ever and vowed to remain fast friends the rest of their lives.

Dwayne and Phil were soon freed from their casts and continued the therapy to strengthen their bodies against reinjury. The pair profusely thanked the staff of Requard for all they had done to help them.

Dwayne and Phil easily slipped into the rhythm of school. With their tough guy belligerent attitudes in their past, they gained new friends. While both were in the advanced class, neither had been academically motivated. Now they were doing their best to make up for lost time. Neither was sure what they wanted out of life, but they at least understood they had to have a good education and positive attitude.

What most people noticed was the pair were even more inseparable than they had been before the accident. Everything they did, they did together. Since they were neighbors they often shared meals. On weekends they even slept over. What really stuck out was how nice they were to each other, always smiling, racing to open doors for each other. The rumor mill quietly began to wonder if they were gay.

Realizing such a wild rumor, even if it was true, could have a serious negative impact on the pair, Krista and Jasmine decided they should have a heart to heart talk with the former bully boys who had now become their friends. Bringing Tony, Jimmy, Jasmine, Pat, and Principal Harris into the loop, they arranged a private 'study' session for the six friends during the class before lunch on Friday.

They were able to help Dwayne and Phil to see that they were gay and accept the fact that they were a couple. They feared that others would despise and reject them, especially after the accident as they were a couple of bad boys. But Krista calmed their fears and they became a couple.

Their mothers were not surprised when the nervous boys held hands as they sat down to talk to them that evening. In fact, they were relieved and supportive.

[-][+][-]

The dance was rated the best Christmas Dance ever by nearly everyone. At the Christmas Dance, Jamie Ewell, Freddy Grant and Barney Flint were voted Kings and Queen of the Christmas Dance. When they found out, Jamie cried tears of joy as she saw that she had been accepted by her classmates. When it came time for the final dance, Barney once more deftly disengaged the motors and took the bouquet as Jamie led Freddy and chair onto the floor.

Everyone watched so mesmerized by their style and aplomb as they smoothly followed the music that no one else joined them. When the dance ended, as was tradition of the last dance, the couple kissed.

But the principal had the last dance done again so that everybody could join in. Jaz and Jimmy cuddled and barely moved. Krista and Tony did likewise as Krista rested her head on Tony's chest. Even Dwayne and Phil danced closer. This time when the last song ended, EVERYONE kissed their partner. Most were chaste, but quite a few were most passionate.

[-][+][-]

Kylie read a story about a TransBike and thought, 'There is a TransBike on display down at the mall. Could the stories about it be true? Krista is reading stories there, too. If she is reading these stories, I will know what to do.'

"Kylie, do you think that you and Kevin can take me, Jamie, Freddy, Barney, Dwayne and Phil to the mall?"

"To see the TransBike?"

"How did you know?"

"I too was reading the stories."

"Do you think that the stories are real?"
."
"Krista, I have seen things change here for the better because of your spunkiness. Heck, everybody knows that once you've got an idea in your noggin, to simply get out of the way."

"I'm not THAT bad, am I?"

"Well, you have helped everybody and even named our little community as well as having a home set up for the wheelchair bound and another one for college students as well as helping me with the DUKW."

"Kylie, I've just been doing as God as led me."

"Then what say we get Jamie and head for the mall?"

"What about the boys?"

"Let them be surprised."

[-][+][-]

We three arrived at the mall and saw off in a corner stall, a man dressed in a tuxedo sipping his tea. When we came up, he said, "Welcome to the TransBike, Krista."

"How???"

"Dear child, God is very pleased with you for how you have helped others without seeking a reward. Now, I am here to grant you a wish."

"If I may, I'd wish to see those four injured at the barn dance, Jamie, Kylie and Jasmine healed and given the bodies that they desire."

"What about you?"

"How can I be selfish?"

Then the TransBike emitted a rainbow that had a most wondrous effect on the three girls.

"Because of your giving nature, you three are now girls, fully able to become mothers with the instinctive knowledge that you will need."

"What about our school records and the boys?"

"Your records will show your change in gender and Jasmine is now physically healed of her ordeal. As for the boys, they will find that their bodies are now whole, except for the missing limbs, Krista."

"How can we ever thank you?"

"Just keep on doing as you have been doing, ALL OF YOU".

[-][+][-]

Then the Dapper Gentleman and the TransBike ventured on to grant the dream of another kindred soul. Will it be you?
THE TRANSBIKE AND THE DAPPER GENTLEMAN INVITE YOU TO RIDE


To Be Continued

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Right and Wrong

laika's picture

When Bankei held his seclusion-weeks of meditation, pupils from many parts of Japan came to attend. During one of these gatherings a pupil was caught stealing. The matter was reported to Bankei with the request that the culprit be expelled. Bankei ignored the case.

Later the pupil was caught in a similar act, and again Bankei disregarded the matter. This angered the other pupils, who drew up a petition asking for the dismissal of the thief, stating that otherwise they would leave in a body.

When Bankei had read the petition he called everyone before him. "You are wise brothers," he told them. "You know what is right and what is not right. You may go somewhere else to study if you wish, but this poor brother does not even know right from wrong. Who will teach him if I do not? I am going to keep him here even if all the rest of you leave."

A torrent of tears cleansed the face of the brother who had stolen. All desire to steal had vanished.
.

~Oh, and I'd better add that this is from 101 ZEN STORIES by somebody not me.