Andrew’s Dilemma Part 4

Printer-friendly version

--SEPARATOR--

Andrew’s Dilemma

Part 4

By, Cain129

Special Thanks to Wren Phoenix for the editing.--SEPARATOR--

  

Synopsis:    Andrew finally wakes up and finds that he is no longer alone. For the first time in his life, he admits openly that he is a transsexual. With the help of a few caring people, he decides to give life another chance and follow his dreams.

--SEPARATOR--

  

Chapter Seven

The hospital for me had been a scary place, but I remember Amy telling me that God sometime puts the right people in you life when you most needed them. I was starting to see that she may have been right. I had spent years hiding who I really was inside, out of fear mostly, but then Amy came along and showed me that I didn’t have to hide the truth anymore, I could follow my dreams. At first I had been kind of worried that it was just something to make me hold on, but then Dr. Masters said the same thing, then lastly Megan’s mother Janice had agreed with them.

  

Earlier that morning, Amy had found me sleeping in the TV room at the hospital. The two of us went back to my room and had a talk about the dreams that I had been having. After we talked I did feel better. Toward the end of the conversation she asked me if I had another name that I sometimes went by and I smiled at her and told her. “Its Jessica, or Jesse for short.”

  

I remember her smiling then she said that it was nice to finally meet the real me. After that the two of us talked like sisters and she shared with me what it was like for her when she finally came out of the closet and also the pain that she felt when her family rejected her because she was a lesbian. I could see the pain in her eyes as she spoke to me about losing her family, especially her little sister Beth. The two of them had been close and it had been three years since she had seen her.

  

Like Amy I knew how it felt to be rejected by those that you loved, and I told her about my life and how for years I had tried to live up to what was expected of me. No matter how hard that I had tried, I could never please my parents. There was always something that I wasn’t doing well enough.   Mom and I had never really been close, I think that maybe she blamed herself for what was happening.

  

In truth, my mother was a complete mystery to me as was her family. There were no grandparents that visited. There was only my aunt Jackie who I had rarely seen and the few times that she was over all she did was drink and complain about men. Dad’s side of the family was more outgoing but most of them were heavy drinkers and spent most of their time in and out of jail. The sad part was that Dad was the most stable of all of them. If you were to ask me how I felt about mom and dad, even with everything that has happened, I would be lying if I said that I didn’t love them.

  

Amy looked over at me, “It’s alright to love them Andrew, even with everything that has happened in my life I still love my parents and my little sister. The problem is Andrew you are going to have to stand up to your parents, otherwise you will never be free to follow your dreams.”

  

“I know, Amy but I don’t think I am ready to face them yet,” I said with a frown.

  

Amy smiled, “Give it time Andrew you don’t need to do everything right away.”

  

“Amy, do you think that you can do me a favor?”

  

“Sure Andrew, what do you want me to do?”

  

“Please stop calling me Andrew, when we’re alone, I’d rather just be Jessica.”

“Alright Jessica, if that’s what you want.”Amy said with a smile.

  

The two of us talked for a few more minute before Amy had to leave. She said that she would drop in on her break and she would talk me outside for a bit. I thought to myself after she left that whoever was lucky enough to land that girl would be really lucky.   After breakfast, I had an unexpected visitor knocking on my door. When I looked over I could see that he was wearing a delivery uniform and was carrying a parcel. He smiled and said are you Andrew Roberts?

  

I looked over at him, “Yes I am Andrew”

“I just need you to sign here and I will be on my way”, He said with a smile.

  

After I signed for the parcel he handed to me then left, I looked at the parcel for a name and found that it was sent by a John Smith. I thought to myself, who the hell is John Smith. Maybe it was someone from school but I was more concerned with what the contents were and open the box.   Once I had it opened I reached in to removed the packing and felt something really soft and kind of furry thinking it was a stuffed animal I grabbed hold and pulled it out to take a look as I pulled my hand out and send what I was holding it scared me half to death.

  

It was a dead rat and someone had cut its throat, as I looked at my hand it was covered in blood. I could help but scream as I looked at it. The sound of my voice caught Amy’s attention causing her to come running when she seen the dead rat lying on my bed she came running over.

  

Amy looked at the me the grabbed some paper towel and picked up the rat then put it back in the box and at the same time pulled out an envelope she didn’t wait for me to open it and opened it herself. She read the note then said I better call the police.

  

“Amy what does it say?” I asked.

  

“Honey, you really don’t want to know.”

  

I looked at her. “Yes Amy, I have to know”

  

Amy handed me back the note and I started reading it. “The only good rat is a deadrat, remember that.”

  

It was at that moment I knew who the package was really from. It was Dad’s way of telling me to keep my mouth shut, and the rat represented me.   While I was letting what the letter said sink in Amy had gone to the bath room and returned with a wet cloth and was using it to clean the blood off my hands.

  

“That was from you dad wasn’t it Jessica?  asked Amy

  

“Yeah I think so Amy; he is the only one that would do something like that.

“Do you think he would try to hurt you?”Amy asked.

  

“He doesn’t want to go back to Jail, and he knows if I talk to the police that he will.”

  

“Jessica, I need to go call the police, are you going to be all right here? You can always come to the nursing station with me if you want”

  

I looked over at Amy, “I’ll join you. I really don’t want to be alone right now.”

  

[-][+][-]

  




Chapter Eight

  

I had been sitting in the lounge for about an hour watching television, when I head someone calling my name. When I turned around, there was a police officer standing at the door. He looked to be around 40 years old but was pretty cute, although he kind of looked like he had been in a fight with Rocky Balboa.

  

“Hi Andrew, I am Detective Johnston. I’ve been assigned to your case. I understand that you received a parcel today? Would you mind showing it to me, Andrew?”

  

Detective Johnston and I then made our way back to my room. The parcel was sitting on the counter under the window where I had left it. He then picked up the package and looked at the contents then read the note that was attached.

  

“Listen Andrew this is your father’s way of trying to keep you quiet, he already knows that when this goes to court that he is going to be ending up in jail. We really don’t need you to press charges against your father; we have more then enough evidence with the doctor’s report to prosecute. It would be better if you were involved. If you are there in court people will see that you are the victim in all this and it makes it harder for the defense.”

  

Detective Johnson then took that parcel as evidence and said he was going to have the letter checked for fingerprints.

  

“I don’t know if I can do it. I know my father, when he makes up his mind aboutsomething he doesn’t stop, he will come after me.” I said, feeling afraid.

  

“Andrew he isn’t going to hurt you again, I can promise you! There is a court order in place that if either one of your parents try to make contact with you, both of them will end up being arrested and held till we go to court.”

  

“That’s not going to stop my dad! I know that if he wants to find me he will. I guess that I really have no choice, either way he is not going to leave me alone till this goes to court, is he?

  

“I don’t think so Andrew, the parcel here is likely just the start of things. He may send more, but after you leave the hospital, he isn’t going to know where you are, so you should be safe. I will give you my cell phone number if anything happens, just give me a call.

  

I took his card and placed it on the table next to my bed, then I told him everything about my relationship with my parents and he wrote everything down. It was about that time that I heard a knocking on my door. It was Dr. Masters and Janice.   They could see that we were busy, and said that they would come back, but Detective Johnson said that he was finished and then stood up.

  

“We will talk again Andrew! You’re a very brave kid, and you have my number callme if you need me  Then he left me with Dr. Masters and Janice.

Word had already made its way around the hospital about the parcel that I had received. Neither of them was happy about it, but the good news was that after a quick checkup by Dr. Masters, he said that I could leave with Janice.

  

[-][+][-]

  

Before I left the hospital, I wanted to talk to Amy, in the short time that I had known her she had become someone that I really cared about and I was going to miss seeing her. Janice and I made our way over to the nursing station where she was busy working. When she saw me coming she smiled.

“I guess you are going home, Andrew.”

“Yes but I wanted to see you first Amy, and thank you for being here for me.”

“This isn’t goodbye Andrew, we will see each other again”, she said with a smile.

“I would like that Amy, you’re like a sister to me now.” I said and gave her a hug.

Amy gave me her number. “Call me anytime.” then she whispered “Jessica”

She gave me a hug and we said our goodbyes.

  

[-][+][-]

  

  

The drive to Janice’s home was a long one. I was pretty much lost in thought for most of it, wondering how my life was going to be now. Things were different. My secret was finally out in the open and I had some hard choices ahead of me, but I felt that I could handle things as long as I didn’t have to do it alone.

  

“You’re pretty quiet Andrew, what’s on your mind?” asked Janice.

  

“I guess I’m just wondering what happens now?”I said with a frown.

  

“What do you want to happen, Andrew?”

  

“To be honest, I still feel pretty overwhelmed”

  

“Well honey let’s just take things a day at a time for now and we will let tomorrowtake care of itself.”Janice said with a smile.

End of part Four

To be continued in part Five

up
165 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Add Intimidating A Witness To The List

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg of charges on that dirtbag. It boggles my mind why the police couldn't arrest that no good piece of garbage instead of allowing him to remain free to continue his terror after this stunt. Jessica has had enough of his B.S. It's nice that Jessica has someone like Amy in her corner.

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

His remaining on bail after all this is insane

Either justice is slow and blind in this town or he has friends in high places.

I believe strongly in civil rights but this is going way too far.

He should be in lock up, maybe even in irons awaiting hearings and a trial and not on bail after everything the police know he did before, during and after arrest.

Incompetents!

Very good.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yes, I agree Jessie/Andrew should be under protection -

And/or Jake should be behind bars with no bail.

A small point Cain, from your story it appears Amy is working a lot of overtime, she was there on night shift and then the next day and also there when Janice took Jessie/Andrew home?

The story is good but still needs better editing and accuracy in details.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Make Contact?

> ".... There is a court order in place that if either one of your parents try to make contact with you, both of them will end up being arrested and held till we go to court.”

If one was to make "physical contact" with another, that would be touching or worse. To make contact should include getting a message to another. E.G. An add says "contact us at 1-800-123-4567"; It seems that a phone message or an email would be the kind of contact desired in this case.

Jesse's dad contacted her physically, getting rat blood all over her hand. That and the note harmed her emotionally. This was serious contact, trying to scare her into not talking to the police; a threatening and distressing message that not only tried to make contact, but did make contact on many levels.

After the detective does a little investigating, I expect Jesse's parents to be in jail ASAP!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Andrew’s Dilemma Part 4

Some people NEVER learn.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Enough for a Warrant

RAMI

If the dad was stupid enough to write the note himself, and Andrew (he's only Jessica to Amy and a few others) was willing to state on the record to the detetctive that it was his father's hand writing, it should be enough for a warrant to search the home and perhaps an arrest warrant.

The father is really a loon. Does he think that intimidating his son this way will work? He will wish that the child abuse charges are all that will be brought aginst him when this is done.

Andrew should have been seen by a doctor once it was discovered that he had touched the ratand gotten blood on him. I wont blame, Amy for forgetting to follow protocal, because I think, someone else (;-0 - maybe the author messed that up ;-)).

RAMI

RAMI

Andrew, father, story

Andrews father is an idiot yes! Andrew is brave which is good but then again when a child or anyone of any age has taken enough beatings nothing seems to matter anymore as far as pain is concerned! Take it from someone who knows ok, ME!

Pain can only go so far then numbness sets in so it no longer hurts which tells that person going through or has gone through so much pain that no one can hurt them anymore than they have already been hurt during their lives! Again, take it from someone who knows!

Mental abuse is something else altogether though! Enough of that and we can lose it altogether! I nearly did!

Sometimes words do not even have to be spoken for mental abuse. Or not so many of them anyway!

Anyhow, even with all the little things that were left out in this story I find that it is a pretty good one. :} The meanings are all there and for many of us that is all that is necessary I think.

Even if we don't see much of acceptance in real life it is nice to read even a fictional story of love and acceptance. :}

Hugs

Vivien TS woman from Oregon :}