Family Chronicles Chapter 3 - You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!

Printer-friendly version
Family Chronicles Chapter 3 - You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!
By Stanman63
Melanie Ezell's Big Closet Ultimate Writer's ChallengeThanks To Melanie Ezell's Big Closet Ultimate Writer's Challenge For Inspiration!
SynopsisAfter her last meeting with her estranged father, Transgirl Kelly Lee Taylor is shocked when she reads her father's letter.

[-][+][-]
When I got back home, I was surprised to see that Daddy had actually sent me an E-mail. I'd left it with him on my visit, hoping that he might be able to accept me as his daughter. For years, I had hated him for what he had done to his family.

I knew that Mother and Paul's wife Amy was up in Heaven with God. Poor Paul, he had to be the first one to see Amy's body. At least their son Grant was spared such a sight.

It was not until I met Pastor Sebastian Slater that I was able to finally
able to find Peace and put aside my anger against my father and forgive him. Believe me when I say that was the hardest thing to do in my life.

Thanks to him, I became a Christian and met my beloved husband Jonathan and joined the sorority that helped me to become a woman. Best of all, I have a son.

When I read the letter, I exclaimed, "You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!"

But I knew that my prayer had been answered. I had visited him as a means of closure to my past, but God in His Wisdom had been working upon Daddy and now we were a family again. Now to work upon Paul.
[-][+][-]
Finis

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I really don't understand, Stanley

The father murders his daughter-in-law and Toni wants to "work" on her widowed brother because her murdering father accepts her? Who cares if he accepts her; she's seeking acceptance from the man who made her brother a widower and took her nephew's mother away from him. Forgiveness is Paul's responsibility. Toni didn't lose what her brother did, and she probably needs to be patient. Extending forgiveness to her father certainly seems like a good thing for her own sake, but seeking approval from him makes little sense to me. From my perspective, they can never truly be a family when the one member who was supposed to protect and nurture the family unit is the one who destroyed it. It's like the boy who murders his mother and father and then begs the judge for mercy because after all, he's an orphan. Anne

Family Chronicles Chapter 3 - You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!

She wants to reunite her family now that her father has changed. She knows more about Paul than her father does and his pain over losing his beloved. That in itself will be more than one story to tel of the killing and Paul's reaction as well as his reaction to his sister's news.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Your response...

Andrea Lena's picture

...may explain why she wants to forgive her father; God only knows why, since her only contact with him prior to her confrontation with him is an e-mail stating that he's changed, which hasn't been verifed. But it doesn't even begin to answer Anne's concerns.

What you haven't explained is why she would seek his acceptance. He murdered her sister-in-law. It almost seem like she wants what her father should have been Daddy she never had. But actions have consequences, even to the repentant. Acceptance or not, he destroyed his own family, and her plan to reunite him with her brother seems to be a cruel and self-centered and entirely futile attempt to re-create the 'ideal' family. She owes her nephew and her brother much more consideration and understanding than she ever did her father, since relative speaking she lost nothing, and anything short of respecting her brother's wishes at this point is not only unfair and insensitive, but delusional.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena