Che Amore - Final Draft

Printer-friendly version

 
Che Amore
by
Lesley Renee Charles

 
 
I leaned over the balcony overlooking the Fora Romana. I was looking at the ancient ruins, imagining what it must have been like back then. Imagining what it must have been like for a woman back then.

I was here in Rome, to see where my family had come from. This was my first full day here and I decided to take a little tour to see the sights. I was standing here in a simple denim skirt with a robin's egg blue blouse. My shoulder length raven hair blowing in the slight breeze. I could smell the blooms of various springtime flowers in the air.

I turned around and bumped into a big wall. I heard said wall, “Are you all right ma'am?” I looked up into a pair of Sapphire eyes. I was so captivated by them, that it took me a little bit to reply.

“Yes, I am fine thank you.”

“What is a beautiful lady like you doing all by herself in this wonderful city. My name is Nicholas Grant, but you can call me Nick.”

“Hi, Nick. It's great to meet you. My name is Rosa Vacca. I am here to see where my family came from.”

“Are you an American? I am here on a business trip. Would you like to go to dinner tonight? Maybe see the Fontana Di Trevi?”

“I would love to.”

“How about seven tonight?”

“That's fine. I will be ready.”

He asked me where I was staying and I gave him the name of my hotel. We parted and I decided to shop in the local stores to see if I can find a beautiful dress.

Later, back in my hotel room, I pulled out my gaffe so I could tuck myself in. I then put on a lacy pair of white panties. Following that I put on my garter belt, ran the straps under my panties. I then sat down on my bed, rolled my white silk stockings into doughnut shapes. I learned over and slowly and sensuously rolled them up my smooth legs. Caressing my calves as I slid them up past my knees and finally covering my thighs. I attached them to the belt using the garter straps. I loved the feel of wearing stockings. It made me feel so feminine.

I picked up the matching brassiere. I put it on backwards, fastened the eyelets and then turned it around. I put the straps over my shoulders and then adjusted it. I then put in my C-cup breast forms. I turned to the mirror and admired the look. I decided to wear my waist cincher to give me a more hourglass shape.

I finished getting ready. Made sure the make-up looked perfect. Grabbed my wig off of the wig form. Splashed some Chanel 5 and was ready.

He arrived on time. We went to the ristorante and had a great meal. The candlelight gleamed in his beautiful eyes. I felt like I could swim in them forever and never come up for air. If there is such a thing as love at first sight, this might be it.

“Ciao Rosa, come sta?”

“Sta bene, grazie. E tu?”

“Sta bene.”

After ascertaining that we both were fine. We looked over the menu. Nick suggested that I try their Chicken Parmasian. He said that it was molto deliciouso. He ordered two plates, and a very expensive bottle of white wine to go with the meal.

Nick asked, “What did you do today?”

“I went shopping today to find the right dress for tonight. I hope you like it.”

“I love it, it suits you so well. Rosa, I think I am falling for you. Tell me, a little bit about yourself.”

“Nick, before we get more involved, there is something I should tell you.”

“What, that you are a beautiful woman, or that you were born with a bit extra?”

“You knew?”

“Yes, and it makes no difference to me. I am attracted to you and not your genitalia.”

We decided to share a slice of Tiramisu. We shared it, by feeding it each other. I really felt so attracted to this wonderful man. We finished our meal and he guided me out to see the fountain. If you never have been to Trevi Fountain at night you have to. The white statues seem to glow with the lights and come alive. It was just so magical being there with Nick. The statues seemed to come through the wall of the building. I was captivated by the spell of romance emanating from Nick's wondrous eyes.

“Are you enjoying yourself, cara mia?”

“Si, caro mio. You have made this viaggio a Italia very beautiful. I would love to stay here in your embrace forever.”

It is packed with a lot of people out there having a good time, there is a lot of noise, a lot of gaiety. Nick took my arm and guided me down to the fountain so that we could throw our coins in and make a wish.

up
59 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Lesley Renee,

ALISON

'for a very sweet and romantic story.

ALISON

You're Welcome

I am very glad that you enjoyed this story. I loved writing it and it means so much to me when it is enjoyed. Thank you for the comment.

Maybe Nick is singing to her?

Andrea Lena's picture

Three Coins in the Fountain as he holds Rosa's hand...

Three coins in a fountain through the ripples how they shine
Just one wish will be granted one heart will wear a valentine
Make it mine, make it mine, make it mine...

Ah, to stay in each others arms forever; what an sweet romance! Thank you, Lesley!


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Drea

Drea, what you stated in your comment in staying in each others arms was what I was hinting at by they're both making wishes. I just wanted to leave it to where the reader can imagine what happens to them.

Che Amore - Final Draft

A very sweet story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

The Fountains of Rome

littlerocksilver's picture

We were there last year at this time and would go back in an instant if we could. Definitely would have to do the fountain at night. There had to be close to a thousand people gathered around it in the late afternoon. You had me wondering about the wall for about two seconds. There's no wall there, I thought. Then it all became very clear in the next sentence. Rome is a wonderful place and would be a great place to find a love. Fortunately, I already have mine.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

Rome

I was there once, over 15 years ago and the scenes are still in my head. It was so beautiful. Just seeing the Sistene Chapel alone was well worth it.

Thank you, everybody

I am glad that you enjoyed this sweet little romance. I enjoyed writing it, all I can say was the contest inspired me. This little story just popped in my head.