Trailer Park Baby Chapter 18 & 19

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 18: Sarah

A knock on my door woke me up, and I felt horrible, I was still in the kitchen were I was when Dave left. I looked blurrily over at the clock and whomever it was knocked again. I yelled, "Go away."

The door opened anyway. I thought for a moment, "Judy is that you?"

"Yes, and I brought a friend."

I walked over and saw Judy and Dave. Dave leaped at me and I caught him up in a hug. He was crying and babbling, and so was I. We hugged and cried together for a few minutes. When we finally let go, I looked to thank Judy and she was gone.

Dave and I went into the living room and started talking. We were both apologizing and still crying when Dave stopped and looked straight at me, "You look horrible, Sarah. You should go and take a shower."

"You don't look so great yourself kiddo."

"Yeah, but I've taken a shower so if I just wash my face, I'll look fine. You though probably feel as bad as you look."

"Yeah I probably do. Okay, I'll go take a shower."

"Good while you do that, I'll make you some coffee, and then we can talk." He said in an oddly adult manner.

I went and showered, by the time I was done I was starting to feel human again. When I walked into my bedroom, there was a cup of coffee sitting on my dresser. Dave, obviously had brought it, I noticed that he had shut my door after dropping it off. I took a sip of the coffee, now I was really feeling human, of course a few hours of sleep in a bed would have helped. I dressed, and walked down the hallway wondering what Dave wanted to talk to about. I couldn't remember why he had come over yesterday.

I entered the living room and Dave was sitting there sipping his own coffee, I sat down next to him and hugged him once he had set his coffee down, "Thanks, I feel better now."

"Good, you look better now too."

"So do you."

"I washed up in the other bathroom. I kinda want to finish the conversation I started yesterday."

"I figured you did, but honestly I can't remember what we were talking about."

"Joe and Judy's barbecue. I was going to wear a diaper."

"And what, you want to wear some of the clothes I bought?"

"NO!" he said a bit forcefully. "I mean, I talked to Joe, and he doesn't care about what we do, but I doubt he'd be okay with it if we did it at his house, unless you had something that looked like boys clothes."

"No, I ummm, only bought stuff that was a bit girlie. The shortalls are probably the closest to boyish and they have Minnie Mouse on them. You know you can have all the diapers you need."

"I figured that, but I don't have any clothes of my own that I can wear over a diaper. I was wondering if you and I could go buy some. I mean I'll wear a diaper and we can find something that would fit."

"But if your wearing a diaper you can't wear your own pants, oh I see. You'll have to go as Sissy."

"Yeah, and I don't really think I should go wandering around town dressed like that by myself."

"That's probably a very good idea. So when do you want to go, now?"

"Well let me get changed first," he said this with a big grin.

"All right, let's go get you changed then, what do you want to wear?"

He picked out an outfit, and I got him into a diaper and help him dress. I grabbed my purse, and Dave's wallet. I opened the door and Thor was sitting outside waiting, I turned to warn Dave, but he was already letting out a little squeal. "Are you okay Dave?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I should have expected Thor to be waiting for me. He was earlier."

"Do you need to be changed?"

"No, I only leaked a little. I should go talk to Thor though."

"You do that, I've got to grab something." I went back in and Dave walked outside. I hadn't thought about it, but realized after Dave's encounter with Thor, that Dave might need a change while we are shopping. I grabbed a couple of diapers and squeezed them into my purse. If this is going to keep up, I should probably buy a diaper bag for our shopping trips.

I walked out of the house and saw Dave sitting on the edge of the steps, with Thor right up with him. He was talking to Thor, and hugging him. Thor was responding by licking his face and wagging his tail. I walked up and ruffled Thor's fur and they looked up at me. I said, "What? Oh, everything is fine Thor. We're just going shopping."

I felt a little strange talking to Thor that way, but Dave seemed to be treating Thor like a person and expected others too. If that's what Dave wants I suppose I can talk to Thor like a person. If he answers me though, I'm getting help.

Dave gave Thor a final hug, and got up. We walked over to my car and Thor ran off. We got in and drove off to Wal-Mart. There we walked in and the greeter said, "Good morning ladies." Dave seemed to ignore him. I grabbed a cart.

As we walked over towards the boys clothing section, Dave grabbed my arm and tugged me down, "Sarah," he whispered, "should we shop in the boys section or the girls?"

When Dave said that, I stopped dead in my tracks. Since at that moment he was holding on to my arm he nearly swung into the cart. I bent down to whisper back, "Why would you want to shop in the girls section?"

"Well right now I am dressed like a girl, and I thought it might look funny if we were looking at boys clothes."

"Don't worry Sissy, no one will notice or care if we are shopping for boys clothes."

We walked over to look at the clothes. We first grabbed several pairs of blue jeans in different sizes to find a pair that would fit over his diaper. As we went over to the changing rooms, I noticed that Dave kept looking over at the girl's clothes. He tried on the jeans until he found a size that fit comfortably over the diaper.

With the size figured out we headed back over to the boys clothes. Dave continued to look over at the girl's clothes. We picked up a couple more pairs of jeans and some sweatpants and shorts that would cover his diaper.

When we had them all, I asked, "Sissy, do you want to go look at the girl's clothes?"

Dave hesitated, "No." He was dragging his foot in a circle and didn't look at me when he answered.

I thought for a moment, "You know if we go out this winter, you'll need something warmer than those shortalls. Let's go get some jeans for you."

Dave smiled, and looked up at me, "Okay."

We picked up some jeans, shirts and other clothes for him. He was happy and actually looked like he was enjoying shopping. Once we had picked out of all of the clothes, I decided that we should get some more diapers. A large package of Huggies was added to the cart. Dave frowned at that.

"Do you have to buy those now?"

"Well, I don't want to have to make a special trip just for them. Besides no one will think they are for you."

We continued shopping, I had other things to pickup. We were in a far corner of the store, when Dave suddenly stopped. "Sarah I need to go now."

"Huh."

"I need to go now."

"Okay, so go."

"Sarah, I think I drank four or five cups of coffee this morning. I don't think it'll hold."

"Right, let's go." I led Dave off towards the back of the store. He was moving fast, but I could see that he was uncomfortable. Everything was going well, until Dave came to the end of an aisle. Another cart appeared right in front of him.

Someone had spilled something and when Dave stepped in it and tried to stop, his feet slid out from underneath him. I jerked the cart to the side to keep from running him over and stepped up to help him up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I landed on my butt so I didn't hit my head, but I am all wet now in more ways than one."

The woman pushing the cart stopped and started apologizing. Dave cut her off explaining that it was his fault, he should have been watching where he was going.

Several Wal-Mart employees came running up, one was carrying a 'Wet Floor' sign. They started talking and apologizing, while they were doing this another employee showed up with a mop and bucket.

Another employee, this time a manager arrived, and he started apologizing. Dave was standing there, frozen, his eyes wide with fear. I was answering questions, and trying to shield Dave from the growing crowd. Dave was asked several times if 'she' was okay, he answered these with a nod.

Finally the manager shooed all of the employees away, and escorted us back to the where the washrooms are. He told me that everything we were buying today was on him.

I grabbed a pair of the jeans and the manager cut off the tags. We headed towards the women's room and just before we entered the manager spoke, "Don't you need, ummm, clean underwear?"

I stopped, I had diapers in my bag, but I don't think Dave wanted me to say anything. I turned back to the manager, he was blushing but continued, "If you want to go and grab a package, I'll be glad to watch your daughter."

"Thank you. Cecelia stay here, I'll be right back," and I took off to the girl's clothes to grab some panties for Dave.

I thought about it and decided to get some plain ones, as much as I wanted to get some Disney Princess panties for him. I returned and he was talking to the manager. I pulled one pair out of the package, handing the rest to the manager. We walked into the restroom and went into the handicapped stall.

I closed the door latching it and helped him to get undressed. "So do you want to wear the panties or I have a diaper in my bag?"

"Better make it the diaper."

I lifted him up onto the changing table and asked, "What were you talking about?"

"Oh, the manager asked if I knew if you were done shopping or not."

"And what did you tell him?"

"Yes, except for the Playstation you were going to buy me. He didn't believe me though."

"You are a rascal, besides what would you do with a Playstation?"

"I don't know, I already have one, but it seemed to be the right thing to say."

Dave finished getting dressed as I disposed of the wet diaper and rolled up the shortalls and new panties. "Are you ready?"

"Yep," he answered as he twisted around looking at himself

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to tell if you can notice the diaper."

I chuckled and looked, "No you can't."

We exited and the manager pushed the cart over to us, our purchases were all bagged, "Were you done shopping ma'am?"

"Yes, I was. Thank you for all of your help."

"It's no problem, I'm just glad it was no worse than some wet pants."

He escorted us up to the exits, and we left. When we got home we sorted our purchases into mine, his and ours. I kept mine and ours, and he bagged his. Then I showed him something I found in one of the bags, "I think this is for you."

He took the paper, "It's a raincheck for a PS2 at $50.00 off. I guess he felt pretty bad about what happened."

"So what are you going to do with it?"

"I don't know. I can't redeem it myself, someone might recognize me. Here you keep it." He handed it back to me. "I should head home; I'm tired I didn't sleep well last night."

"Same here, you have a good nap. Bye Dave." Dave grabbed his bags and left. He'd find the diapers I stuck in there when he put the stuff away. I went and took a nap.

Chapter 19: Judy

"Honey, we need to talk to Ashley," I said as Joe and I were getting dressed.

"Oh, about what," he answered absentmindedly.

"Dave."

"Oh...Ohhh. Yeah I guess we do."

"You heard her yesterday. I think she believes that Dave is the greatest person on earth right now."

"I think you're exaggerating a bit, dear. I'm sure she thinks Dave is wonderful, especially after she got a perfect on her math quiz, but I don't think she is quite at that point of hero worship." Joe answered.

"So what are we going to tell her?"

"Ummm, well she already knows that he sometimes wears diapers. Let's start there and expand from there."

"You know, he'll almost certainly being wearing a diaper today."

"What?!"

"Well it's that or wet his pants when Thor comes by. That's where the problem earlier this week came from, he went to get help from Sarah, and everything exploded from there. Don't worry he'll be wearing men's or at least boys' clothes."

"I guess so. No that is the right thing. I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't really thinking about what would happen then. You know it's kind of tough to figure this out. I mean it certainly isn't something I would do."

"You don't still have a problem with it, do you dear?"

"No, I'm just still not used to it. I don't care what they do as long as they don't hurt anyone."

"And by anyone you really mean Ashley. Which brings us back to Ashley. What and how do we tell her?"

We got everything prepared for our barbecue, and sat down with Ashley. We decided that I would start. "Ashley, we have something to talk to you about."

"Is this going to be a birds and bees talk?"

Joe blushed a little at that. I went on, "No, this is about Dave."

"WHAT about Dave, he isn't moving is he? I don't want him to move."

"No, he isn't leaving, why would you think that?"

"Well, what else would you want to talk about? I know that he's afraid of Thor, and wears diapers sometimes. That's it. He's going to be wearing one today and you don't want me to tease him. Right?"

Joe spoke up, "Slow down Pumpkin and we'll explain. That isn't it, but you had better not tease him or you'll get a spanking."

"I wouldn't tease him, cuz he might not help me with my math anymore then."

Joe continued, "Actually it would probably be worse than that. I don't think Dave would know you were teasing him and he would be very hurt by that. He would think that you were trying to hurt him."

"But I wouldn't hurt him, he knows that," Ashley cut in.

"Hmm, this is going to be hard to explain. Let me start with how Dave grew up." Joe told Ashley about Dave's childhood, after listening to the whole story. She had the response that I expected.

"But that's horrible, his mom and dad should be locked up," she exclaimed.

I stopped her from continuing, "Ashley, that's why you can't tease him, at least not now. Right now he's not going realize that you don't really mean it. He'll think that you are trying to hurt him."

"But..."

"I know that you wouldn't do anything to hurt him, but just like with Thor, he doesn't know that. He never had anyone tease him. He only had people that tried to hurt him. Now, Sarah is trying to help him."

"How's Sarah helping him?"

"Well, Sarah and Dave play a game."

"What kind of a game and can I play?

Joe started coughing when she said that. I looked over at him, "They play, well it's kind of like 'house'. I don't think you can play."

"Aren't they a little old to play house, and how does that help Dave. I mean if he's the daddy and Sarah's the mommy..." Ashley looked really puzzled.

"Ashley, Dave isn't playing the daddy."

"But, if he isn't playing the daddy... then he's playing the BABY. But that's weird."

"Ashley!"

"Sorry, mom."

"Yes, he's playing the baby, or at least the child. He needs to play this way. Now we're telling you this, because we don't want you to go over to Sarah's when they're playing. So if we tell you that you can't go over there, we better not find out that you went over there."

"Yes mom, but what do they do when they're playing?"

"I don't know everything, but I do know that they have gone to see a couple of movies, and shopping."

"Can I go see a movie with them, next time they go?"

Joe answered before I could even come up with an answer. "Pumpkin, I don't know, you'd have to ask them. If Sarah and Dave both agree, then I don't have a problem, and I doubt that your mother would."

I was in shock, I couldn't believe that Joe had said that. I knew that he said he didn't care what they did together, but I figured that he was just saying that to keep from starting a fight. "Ummm, right. As long as they don't mind, I don't mind. Depending upon the movie."

"Ashley, what do you think about what Sarah and Dave do?" Joe asked her.

"I think it's silly and a little weird, but I'm not really sure. A lot that Dave does is weird."

"Okay sweetie, I tell you what, tonight we'll talk to Sarah and Dave to find out whether or not you can go see a movie with them." I looked at the clock and realized that our guests would be here any minute. "Well is everything ready?" Nods answered me and we went outside to great our guests.

We were out rearranging stuff on the porch, when I saw Sarah and Dave walking down the street. I pointed them out to Joe and Ashley. Ashley blurted out that Dave looked like a girl. I looked closer and even with his hair short, wearing blue jeans and t-shirt he still looked more like a girl than a boy.

Joe looked at him and stared. I could hear him muttering and he was shaking his head. I stepped over and asked him what was up. He whispered back, "Ashley's right, Dave looks like a girl. I don't know about you, but if we talk to Sarah and Dave and their not doing anything, umm, sexual, Ashley can go 'play' with them."

"I don't think they're doing anything like that, and I agree with you, if it's okay with the two of them, it's okay with me."

"I don't think so either. I just want to make sure."

I watched as they walked up, when they got close Ashley ran out and gave Sarah a hug, then gave Dave a bigger hug. I couldn't hear what she said, but I imagine she was telling him about her math quiz. I noticed that Sarah was carrying a much bigger purse than she had previously and realized that she probably had a spare diaper or two for Dave. I wondered if Joe had thought about Sarah changing that diaper in our house.

When they got up to the house, Joe asked Sarah to give him a hand with the TV. We were setting it up on the porch to watch the football game. I think Joe is going to be in for a big surprise. Sarah told me that Dave was a bit of a sports fanatic, and I'm sure that Joe figures he doesn't even know what football is.

With the TV set up and the pre-game on, we were all chatting when there was a loud woof, Dave froze momentarily then turned to face Thor and Bob. I had forgotten about Bob, and I wondered if Bob and Dave had seen each other since earlier this week. Judging from the look on Bob's face I was sure that they hadn't. Shit.

Ashley ran out into the yard and Thor paused looking at Dave then Ashley. Apparently he decided that since Dave was still on the porch he could play with Ashley for a bit. Bob stopped to watch them as Thor bounced over to Ashley and romped with her. As soon as Bob started towards the porch Thor moved up to get up there first.

Dave was watching Thor and Bob, he looked afraid of both of them. Thor came and sat down next to Dave. Bob had hesitated again. Right now no one was saying anything. Bob stared up at Dave, Dave was petting Thor, Joe was looking back and forth between them and Sarah looked a little worried. Bob swallowed, and said hi. He was about to come up the stairs to the porch and stopped.

He looked around, then walked down to where he could see Dave and talk to him without looming over him, "Dave, can you come down here, I need to talk to you." I, and I'm sure Sarah and Joe, heard the strain in his voice, but I'm not sure if Dave recognized it.

Dave looked at him a moment, and then stood up and walked over to join him. Thor got up and walked along with him. When they got up to Bob, Bob told Thor to go play with Ashley. Thor straight out ignored him and stuck next to Dave.

Bob looked down at Thor, shrugged and led the two of them down to the end of the trailer. I watched them, Bob sat down and looked like he was talking. I couldn't hear him, but I could imagine him trying to apologize for what he had done.

Ashley walked up to me and looked down at them. She took a step toward them and I grabbed her and told her to wait for them to come back. She looked up at me and asked, "What's going on?"

"Bob did something that hurt Dave the other day, and now he's trying to say he's sorry."

"Why was Bob mean to Dave?"

"Because he had to. Bob had to get Dave to let him bring Thor in to be with him, and in order to do it he had to be mean. It'll be okay, don't worry."

We watched for a few minutes, and then Dave reached over and gave Bob a hug. When he let go, Thor leapt on Bob and started licking his face. Dave looked like he was laughing. Bob got himself free of Thor and the three of them walked back.

At the steps Dave told Thor to go play with Ashley and he did. Bob stared at him, "I should make you pay for Thor's food, he seems to be more your dog than mine."

"I think I'm his person, more than he's my dog."

Bob walked up and mumbled about needing to use the bathroom, but I could see his that eyes were red. No one said anything as he went into the trailer.

Dave walked over to Sarah and whispered something to her, she whispered back. Joe looked lost, but I figured that Dave needed a change. When Bob came out, the two of them went in. Ashley and Thor wandered off to play with the other kids.

When Sarah and Dave returned, Joe spoke up, "Now that we're all friends again can we watch the game?"

We sat and watched. I knew that Sarah preferred baseball, and I preferred basketball, although I wasn't nearly the fan that any of them were. I did, though, watch with pleasure as Dave proved that he knew more about the team than they did.

Joe cooked and Ashley came back to eat. Before she ran off again, I heard her asking Dave what he knew about the Revolution. I think she wanted some more tutoring.

The game ended, we won. Bob helped put the TV back, and said his goodbyes. He had to work that night. That gave us a chance to talk.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Trailer Park Baby Chapter 18 & 19

Are there not special training pant or undies made for bedwetters that Dave can wear instead of bulky diapers? Seem that was mentioned in an earlier chapter. And wonder if Dave will pal around with Ashley dressed as a boy, she a girl. I can see them dressed as say Bonnie and Clyde, for football, and famous couples.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sure, there are pullups and

Sure, there are pullups and other sorts of things, but that isn't what Sarah wants to use, and Dave doesn't know anything about them.

Okay, I admit it. I'm hooked!

I wasn't sure about this story, but I have to say, I look for it the first thing every morning. I like it a lot. So far, my favorite character is Thor, but I do like the rest of them, too!

Wren

I now freely admit

That this story isn't at all like I thought it was going to be when I started reading it. Instead of humiliating Dave, a lot of people are working very hard to help him. I like that.

Maggie

I'm not big into

I'm not big into humiliation, and there are enough of those type of stories out there, so I wrote one that was about healing.