The Center: Tester - Part 9

Printer-friendly version

The Center: Tester - Part 9

By Blackout

Editor: Zip

I must give a giant thanks to Zip for this chapter. #1 editor in my book right now. THANKS ZIP!

Also there is a new picture for the release of this chapter!

H1.jpg

Ryan thought he had all the happiness in the world. He had his beautiful girlfriend Mattie but life is a roller coaster as Ryan would find. Here is his story as he goes through what can only be considered the biggest change of his life.
----------------------------------------------------------

I was so glad power training was over. I slumped to my room, exhausted. That whole day took a lot out of me. I opened the door and flopped on my bed, happy to be back in my room. Geez… this Center place was annoying sometimes, rules and more rules. I thought over the day. All in all it was a good day. Jasmine no longer seemed to be hostile toward me; I made some new friends, and even got an important job here at the Center.

I had no idea what that job entailed or what would be needed of me. All I knew was that this was going to be the start of something and I had no idea where the boat of life was taking me now. A distraction soon came to my rescue.

Slamming the door open, Claire rushed in. She was grinning all over like something big had just happened. Her face was all red. I pondered on what that could mean. I think I had an idea.

“Hey Claire did something good happen?” ’Smooch’ I made a kissy face.

Claire got even redder which meant I had hit the nail on the target.

“So how was it with Leon?”

“Shut up Rachael, stop making fun of me, just you wait till you like a boy.”

“Oh come on, Claire, I am just playing the part of the BFF wanting to hear the juicy details.”

We both got a good laugh at this. Then I had Claire come over and sit on my bed. I actually wanted to hear it; I knew it was going to happen to me eventually even if I wanted to deny it. So it was best, it seemed, to learn firsthand what it was like to be the girl in a relationship.

“Ok Claire don’t you dare hold back the details. Tell me everything.”

“Well… after I was done with my power testing, Leon came over and asked me to walk with him.” She was blushing bright red.

“After that we just walked around the Center until we came to a little bench in the garden, outside. We sat and talked. I was having a lot of fun just talking to Leon. He was making my heart pound for some reason. I just felt so happy to be around him and when he put his arm around me it just felt good. I did not even protest. If I was still a guy it would have freaked me out.”

“Yeah I know what you mean.”

“And then I just seemed to fall into his chest. It was like he was my world it was the most amazing feeling in the world, and he made me feel so special, like I was the only one in his world. Then he…he leaned in and kissed me! He kissed me Rachael, and you know what was shocking about it… I liked when he kissed me. I felt sparks go off in my head it was wonderful and at the same time terrifying as I knew I had truly become a girl then.”

“I’m so sorry Claire.”

“Don’t be Rachael, I am a girl now and I think I have come to terms with it. It’s not like I can change back and I really do like being with Leon. I may be a girl now but that does not mean I can’t learn to enjoy the experience.”

“I see what you mean Claire, but it’s not going to be that easy for me. I had a girlfriend named Mattie back home, who I still care for deeply, and getting with a guy seems like I will be betraying her and myself. Don’t get me wrong I think I do like boys now; I just can’t quite accept the fact that I do, yet.”

“It’s ok Rach you will eventually come around.”

“Yeah I guess so, let’s head to dinner Claire.”

“Sounds like a plan Rach!”

We headed to dinner. Like normal the place was packed with teachers and students alike. I was happy to be able to eat, I was starving now. We got in line and eventually were able to progress out of the long line of people that had formed. As we were headed to our tables for dinner, Jeff Trait: the new ability trainer, came up to me to talk. I told to Claire to continue on and that I would be with her shortly.

“Hey Claire, heard you are a part of our team now. Congratulations! I will be working with you to help you with your duty as an ability tester and trainer. Please come and ask me for anything if ever you should need it.”

“Ok thank you, Jeff.”

“No problem. Meet me at the training room tomorrow. There are a few things we should go over.”

With that I headed to my table. All in all Jeff was a nice guy, and he was also kind of handsome. I found myself blushing. Of course being in a relationship with faculty was off limits. But that did not mean, as a girl, I would not find older men attractive. I finally made my way to the table and sat between Brook and Laura.

“Hey Rachael! Did you hear?” Exclaimed Laura.

“Hear what?”

“Jasmine confessed to vandalizing your room, the school is shocked that she would actually admit to it. But I have to give her props for having the courage to come clean.

“How bad was the punishment?”

“She has to help maintenance with cleaning for a whole week. It’s to show her what maintenance has to deal with, so she will be less inclined to damage Center property in the future.”

The center was pretty big and there was a lot of cleaning that was required here, so it would certainly be a fitting punishment. I was just happy that we were no longer enemies I looked forward to getting along with Jasmine in the future.

This all reminded me about what happened this afternoon. I had forgotten to tell them that I had become an ability tester and trainer.

“Guess what happened to me today. I became a power tester, which means I will be working with the Ability Testing and Training department here”.

“OMG Rach that’s so cool!” Clair shouted.

They all congratulated me for getting a great job here at the Center. I felt proud. I think I will have fun with this new job. We ate and talked and Claire flirted with her boyfriend. I made a joke or two about public displays of personal affection. She glared at me and once stomped on my foot under the table. I stopped after that.

We finally headed back to our rooms. It had been a long day and I was ready to sleep, to be ready for school tomorrow again. Claire and I talked some more and then decided we better finish our homework. I was not too thrilled to be doing homework. If anything, homework at the Center was harder. I was glad when I finally finished. Claire finished about half an hour later.

Claire and I decided to get ready for bed. I wanted to shower before I went to bed tonight. So I went and got undressed, it was kind of relaxing to be free of all that girl clothing, but my boobs bouncing up and down was the most annoying thing in the world. Although I was not too shaken about the fact that these were my breasts. In fact I felt kind of proud of them, don’t ask me why. I think it has something to do with my mental change.

I got into the water and it felt so good like usual. Showering was definitely a whole new experience as a girl, and I was beginning to love it more and more. I ran the shampoo and conditioner through my hair letting the nutrients soak in. Then I used my body wash to message and clean my skin. Probably among the best showers I had experienced in my life. Though I was sure more were to come.

After that I got out and wrapped up both my body and hair, letting the towel wrap around my prominent breasts and hourglass figure. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I was one foxy lady. I brushed my teeth along with a bunch of other girls, and then quickly went to the toilet.

Entering my room I found Claire waiting there for me with a big grin on her face.

“Hey Rach lets watch a movie online tonight.”

“Sure I could use a good movie. Have you anything particular in mind?”

“Yep!” She said with a big smile. “We are going to watch, ‘Enchanted’.”

“Are you kidding me?! A chick flick is the last thing I need.”

“I thought it would be better to embrace our feminine side. Who knows you may enjoy the movie.”

“Fine! Let’s just get this over with.”

Claire got on Netflix and brought up the Movie using the Center’s account. While she was doing that I slipped on baby blue night gown. I just wanted some sort of pajamas while we were watching the movie.

To my surprise I was actually enjoying the girly chick flick. I even cried during some of the movie. Geez… Was I becoming more and more of a girl?

When the movie was finally over Claire and I said good night and got into bed. It was so good to finally be going to bed after a long day. I decided to keep the nightgown on, I liked the way it felt against me. Hugging my blanket around me, I drifted off to sleep.
----------------------------------------------------------

“BEEP…..BEEP…..BEEP!”

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. One of these days I was going to destroy those things I swear. It was even worse since we set the alarm two hours before we had to actually be at the Center school. It was because of being girls now, it took an annoyingly longer amount of time to get ready and be presentable.

We ran into the bathroom to find the showers packed. It seems we were not the only ones to wake up early. Fortunately the Center had large bathrooms for its many students so it did not take long for a shower to open. I got in and out, finishing the duty in record time. I was beginning to get a handle on being a girl. Then I wrapped my hair in the towel.

“Rachael! Come over here,” said a girl. A second later I realized it was Brook.

“What do you need?”

“Take that towel off you need to do your hair.”

I had no idea why it was so important but I guess I had some time.

“Ok Rachael, I am going to do your hair today but you need to do it in the future.”

Brook then proceeded to dry my hair. It was a new experience with her doing my hair. Brook was pretty skilled with hair. When she was done with mine; I swear my hair was shining. Then I brushed my teeth and headed to my room. I had about forty five minutes till classes, so I threw on my clothes and headed to the dining hall for breakfast.

It did not seem that many of my friends were here. I did notice Laura and Tony though… sitting together. I went over and sat with them.

“How are you doing?” I asked.

“Good Rachael, how about you?” said Tony.

“I am doing fine, but boobs are still a pain, tell them to do one thing and they do another. It’s like my breasts have a mind of their own.”

“Hahahaha! I know what you mean Rachael, they just keep bobbing up and down, and even with a bra there is some movement. I could not get used to that either at first when I changed.” Laura responded.

“Yeah but I can’t wait for power testing this afternoon, since I get to work with that department I should have some fun doing this job.”

“Yeah, good luck Rachael” Laura responded.

After eating my bagel and fresh yogurt, I headed to class. Class was a drag like usual, I kept counting down the seconds in each class. “If I had the power to fast forward time I would have classes done as soon as possible.”

It was a great sigh of relief when lunch came. Today I had some more classes after lunch, unfortunately. I ate lunch and headed to my next class. After what seemed like a decade, class ended and I was finally allowed to go to power training.

I went to meet Mr. Trait at his office. ‘Knock! Knock!’

“Hello who is it?” Mr. Trait’s voice rang through the door.

“It’s Rachael.”

“Oh good, please come in Rachael.”

“So what do you want to talk about Mr. Trait?”

“I would like to talk about your powers a little if that’s ok. Based on what you have told us Mr. Lions and I are a little confused as to how your copy power works. You said you felt like you were absorbing some sort of cold energy from the people you used your powers on right?”

“Yeah that’s correct.” This was definitely interesting, the more I knew about my powers the better.

“You see, we believe that the cold energy you were absorbing was energy, but more importantly it was another’s emergents power. The energy of an individual emergent is what you might be absorbing. It seems your power does not work on people if they are not an emergent though. This is probably something to do with the chemicals that caused emergents in the first place. Your body then reads whatever it is you absorb. Using the information from those absorbed, gives you the ability to copy another emergent’s power. When the energy or whatever it is you absorbed burns out, you will lose the power you absorbed.”

“Wait! But what about when the absorption becomes hot and it I hurt someone like Liz?”

“Whatever it is you absorb probably leaves some after effect on another’s body. If you absorb more than what the body can replace issues arise. Think of your brain as a high speed super computer able to read emergent power and use it.”

“Ah! So that’s how my power works.”

“No again we are not quite sure, as I told you before, we are not sure how your power works. It is all speculation right now.”

“Ok! So Mr. Trait, what do you have planned for today? Who will I be working with?”

“Well today we actually wanted you to be working with another Center student and just have a match with him.”

“Ok so who is this guy?”

“His name is Ray Lomax, he is sort of a mimic also but of a different variety.”

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting Interesting Here

Drakira's picture

Well, things are starting to get interesting here. A power mimic vs. someone who could see it once and then duplicate it.

Keep up the good work!

Drakira

Drakira

Hmmmmm? Yes! Is is getting interesting

I can't wait to re-unite the two lovebirds. How far down the line is that happening and what is going on with Mattie? How is He doing?

I agree

I agreee... but is Mattie already male?

Btw. awesome story, but faster updates would be cool ^^

faster will come soon

I still have a lot going on but in a week or so I should be free for a while.

The Center: Tester - Part 9

Like new pic and speculation on her power. Wonder if Ray's and her power will cancel out each other like to power leeches in Marvel [Rogue And Sauron]

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good Story!

I am just waiting for Matt and Rachel to meet again. It will probably be during a fight, and they probably won't recognize each other-this could be cool!

Wren

Great chapter

Renee_Heart2's picture

I like this chapter it will be intresting to see if Matt & Rachael get together, & if Matt becomes one of the bad guys or if the center can find him & the other Emergent in time.

It will be intresting to see Ray & Rachael get to gether & battle & see what happins & see how Rachael's power really works. I'm glad Clare has a boy friend maybe Rachael will find Matt soon & they become BF & GF again only with the roals reversed.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Upon completion! And Big thanks to Zip!

I would like to let people know that while I was taking a break for work related issues. Zip the great editor went back through chapters 1-8 and slowly went through them correcting many missed mistakes. I am hoping when this series is done to make a post of all the chapters together completely revised with corrections. Its a bit of a pain to go back and find all of the mistakes. Though I will probably do that anyway at least for some of the mistakes. Rather I want to get the events down and make the story as understandable as possible. Though I am proud of myself. According to Zip my writing has improved since chapter 1. One of my goals was to improve my writing as I went along. Still some mistakes though. I find those mistakes as I reread this and other posts.

Upon Completion

Glad I can be of assistance. KEEP WRITING and I will keep editing!

Still don't know how you brush your teeth with a girl... I use a toothbrush myself!

Upon Completion

Glad I can be of assistance. KEEP WRITING and I will keep editing!

Still don't know how you brush your teeth with a girl... I use a toothbrush myself!

lol yes that was a funny mistake

No I do not brush my teeth with a girl. I use a toothbrush also. Almost considered keeping that mistake in for a laugh but with me editing out the mistake nobody would get the joke, or why that was included.

A bit too soon to be so 'girly'?

It is a bit weird to me that Rachael can become so 'girly' in so short of time. It takes the mind a certain amount of time to adjust to any change and for Ryan to have such a total mindset change in this short of time is what is weird. I know there is a need to move on with the plot but a reasonable resolution and taking stock time for even the most capable 'let me just press forward' type of character for far less life changing stuff than this would take a bit longer.

To me the female camaraderie interaction is a bit to girl girl for so early a change too and a bit stilted if you ask me.

The story has an interesting premise and deals with interesting 'in-universe' issues with The Center but to me, the interpersonal elements are a bit ... off.

Kim

Girly?

Who said Rachael was girly? I see her as more of a beautiful sporty girl. Yet she has become a girl and her mind set has changed do to that fact. She never did anything outright girl, and most of the time her and Claire laughed when they do girly things. It depends what your definition of girly is. I don't consider her a girly girl thats for sure. Also this is 9 chapters in. Is her behaving more like a girl to soon at chapter 9. In fact she still is fighting it a little. I have said that she will begin to accept being a girl more and more until Mattie came back into her life. When Mattie comes back in she will accept being a girl totally. I will let you know that Mattie will soon come back into her life.

Also Claire is a big factor into helping Rachael become more of a girl mentally speaking. Sorry if the interactions seem to girly but just to let you know they did laugh before they did anything girly as you say. To justify the absurdness of what was about to happen.

Rachael already decided to push forward a while ago, several times in fact.

Girly!

To me it seems she reacts/interacts girly in a go-with-the-flow kinda way. The mind is further along then the consciousness. Not that I mind.

Ch 10 coming soon

I finally got myself to finish writing chapter 10. Once I get a roll its easier to finish. Once edited it should come out soon.

Eager beaver

Jamie Lee's picture

Being asked to work in the testing and ability room has really made Rachael an eager beaver. It's good she doesn't have power to advance time or there'd be no school time.

They're having her go against Ray, but if he takes her power and she takes his, won't that cause a null field? Maybe not, since Ray mimics in a different way. If Rachael gains Ray's power then she'll also have the ability to acquire power in several ways. But their powers won't damage from afar.

Others have feelings too.

What would happen...

Aine Sabine's picture

If she "tried" to use it on herself?

Wil

Aine