Life Link

Printer-friendly version
Life Link

By: Emily Rudgers


4/6/21
I don’t really know where to start this, I guess the beginning is as good a place as any. My twin sister and I were born at 11:11:11 am on 11/11/11, or at least that is what our mother says. I doubt we were both actually born at that time, but she won’t fess up and say which one of us is older. My vote is I am, since I am so much more mature than sis, if it wasn’t for her my life wouldn’t be so messed up right now. I wish I could just be myself, but instead I have to be like her. In classes, I’m made fun of because of it.

My parents first learned my sister and I were not your average kids not long after we were born. My parents wanted to have my sisters ears pierced so that they could tell us apart easily because we looked too similar. While she was getting her ears done with my mom, I was being held by my dad. My mom came back with my sister having brand new holes, and when they finally stopped fussing over her, they realized that my ears were pierced too just without the stud. It’s really weird, anything that I do to my body happens to my sister and the same goes for her to me. My parents had our blood tested, and genetically we are identical except I am a boy and she is not. It all is too complex for me, I have no idea why it works. I do know that my parents set rules for us so we don’t mess up the other. For instance, I have to keep my hair at about shoulder length so my sister looks like a normal girl and my ears are pierced because of my parents first mistake. My sister isn’t allowed to have long finger nails so that I don’t get made fun of, but I do anyway.

Only things that physically affect our body happens to the other. We learned that when my sister put on nail polish that I am lucky enough to not have colored nails. Our clothes can also be different, but if one of gets sick the other gets sick at the same time regardless of where they are. It is really annoying, I blame my sister for getting me sick all of the time but she blames me and we end up fighting about it. We get into a lot of arguments. Usually because one of us didn’t consider what would happen to the other. Scrapped knees are the worst, luckily no shared broken bones since neither of us are that active.

The reason I am writing this journal is because I did one of the stupid things and didn’t think about what would happen to my sister. My parents don’t seem to understand the torture I go through at school every day. Yesterday was the worst yet. The school bully kept mocking me and shoving me around about being such a girl. When I came home I cut off my hair so I would look like a boy no matter who saw me. When my mom got home I was yelled at, but no hitting since it would hurt my sis too. Instead they did something worse. They had my sisters hair cut in a shorter feminine style and said she was allowed to grow it however she wanted. To get back at me she said she wanted it really long. I am glad it will take a long time to grow out, at least for now I won’t be made fun of.

4/7/21
I was wrong the bullying hasn’t stopped, but it isn’t as bad as it was before. My sisters friends all said they like her new hair cut. I wish I could have friends, but all the boys see me as a freak.

6/14/21
Summer is finally here! The best part about summer is being able to go swimming all the time. I am a very good swimmer, I can hold my breath for a really long time. Hopefully this summer I will be able to convince my parents to take us to the pool more.

8/28/21
Summer was great, but we are going back to school. My hair is starting to get a bit long again, I wish I could cut it. If I wasn’t so afraid of my parents letting my sister be really girly freely I would cut it again. Maybe the bullies will find someone else to pick on this year.

11/11/21
It’s my birthday! I can’t wait to see what my parents got me, but they won’t be home for a few hours I will have to enter later what they got.

I got a soccer ball and some action figures. My sister got clothes and horses and was excited. I will never understand her.

12/14/21
Christmas is getting close. I can’t wait to see what I am getting. I also can’t wait for Christmas break to avoid all of the work school has. Who needs to know how to write fractions? I was doing just fine before when you just had a piece of cake or the whole thing.

12/20/21
Something has been wrong lately. My mom and dad have been talking with my sister a lot and any time I try to listen I get yelled at to go to my room. I don’t know what is going on, hopefully it is a Christmas surprise but I get the feeling it’s a bad thing.

1/3/22
Christmas was weird, my parents got me a lot of things like my sister. I got clothes that were similar in colors and shapes that are really different from what I normally wear. I feel like they are trying to turn me into a copy of my sister. To make matters worse I can’t seem to get a good night sleep because my shirts always seem to bunch in my chest causing me pain.

1/20/22
I blew up at my sister today and hit her in the chest to teach her for making fun of the way I walk. I knew that it would hurt me too but hitting something always made me feel like I was doing something to make it better. This time though, it made me double over in pain myself as an excruciating pain went through me. I had to sit down with dad and talk about why I got so mad and I told him that I haven’t been able to sleep well. He asked if it was because of my chest, and I told him about it and what it felt like when I hit sis. Dad told me about how I was getting lumps on my chest because sis was starting to go through puberty. I would have to go through it with her since girls start their puberty first.

This is really unfair! Not only do I have to look like a girl but now sis is turning me into a girl! According to dad the doctors say when I hit puberty the same will happen to sis just in reverse. Whichever of us produces more hormones will determine whether we look like girls or boys. Could I get anymore freaky?


Author's note:
1) I didn't want to edit this too heavily since a kid supposedly wrote it, if it is too mistake heavy or difficult to read let me know and I will polish it.

2) This is probably all I will write for this story, so anyone who wants to continue on with the story is free to do so in whatever manner they wish (journal, novel, even verse). If you have any questions about the concept feel free to message me.

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Life Link

A most interesting concept.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Please DONT STOP.

This is a really a good start. Please add another chapter or two before you let this loose into our hands. Also please keep writing you do have a gift.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

The only bad question is the one not asked.

interesting start

poor boy, getting breasts... please continue.

"I'm not like other people - Pain hurts me!" - Daffy Duck.

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Question on one point

As he feels pain when she is hurt, and there is mention of the same on her side, how is it she does not know of the pushing, etc that he is receiving, I know that when I was shoved I hurt, mainly when my body stopped moving due to some obstruction.

Shared pain

I left that detail open to interpretation by whoever continues the story.
The simplest probably being her thinking her brother was just roughhousing like a normal boy. At this point they don't have a close relationship, and if the parents don't know why would he tell his sister who he blames for things.

Needs More! and a suggestion...

Nice, but I really wish you had gone furthur with the story.

My Suggestion, we start to see what happens when the sister starts her first breast growth, but just think... her first PERIOD is coming soon too!

Really enjoyed the story - please continue it!

Sapphire

My Mom's a twin

and she's had things like this.
She fell violently ill and collapsed once miles away from home and they had to make their way back, though they didn't have a car. Turned out her sister was having her first baby.
At least I think that's how the story goes.

So I really like this quirky twist on the twins theme.
A bit weird. Which I, for one, think is good.

And it's a perfect length too.

Nice story
XX
AD