The Early Years of Academy Life - Chapter 4 - Graduation Ball

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

The Vixens celebrate leaving Suraban and the Gangrels for the Academy

Story:

Nibs and Sandra lay awake in their apartment on the third floor of Club Millana. Down at there feet was Daraus, Wolf Boy, and laying against the fur was Blackie and Pixie the pairs fairy companions.
Sandra thought said to Nibs, “Today is our leaving party from the Gangrels.”
“I know,” thought replied Nibs, “but tonight is also the night we show Timothy the New Gangrels.”
“Very bloody true,” thought said Sandra and she the reached over and took the blunt that lay in the ashtray and lit it. Sandra took a long slow draw from it and passed it to Nibs who also took a long draw.
Nibs then swung her legs out and stood up and said, “We have various locations to go to before getting to command and or leaving Suraban. One place is Home Base. I need my drives.”
“I don’t care if the Academy has programs that supersede mine, I like the functionality of the software I run.” Nibs then said as Daraus and the fairies woke up and smiled at Nibs and Sandra.
Daraus changed back into the wolf cub and padded to the edge of the bed and jumped down. Daraus then thought asked all the partners, “I wonder how Detric’s and Zoe’s night went?”
“I hope they had fun after they left the club,” thought replied Sandra.
“I think the pair of trans youth they both left with had an evil glint in their eyes,” Nibs thought said as she moved into the living room and towards the kettle and coffee.
“I wonder what the accommodation is going to be like at the Academy?” asked Sandra.
“If its anything like the rest of the Conspiracy stuff and gear, it will be top notch,” Nibs said.
“Any way we have a gathering to get ready to attend and enjoy,” Sandra said as she stood in the bed room doorway.

* * * * * *

Nibs and Sandra both walked out of their apartment carrying their dress bags, they planned to leave to rest of the stuff until after breakfast. Jum, Wong, and the Twins all walked past.
Jum said in Jarrzarian, “Good morning.”
“Good morning,” Nibs replied and then the five people joined the group and all headed for the garage and then onto the canteen.
When the group arrived they found the mini-bus parked beside the rest of the bikes and modes of transport and saw a large pile of dress and suit bags in the back. Both Nibs and Sandra loaded their two dresses into the back of the Minibus and then followed the rest towards the canteen.
All the rest of the Vixens and all the guests except Detric, Zoe, Leia and Annabel who were all north of the river. Even Darla and Toma had stayed at the Club.
Ben lent over and asked Nibs, “I guess what I saw shouldn’t be passed to anyone else?”
“Not unless you trust them not to blow things. A lot of Gangrel street know nothing of this work and the other work the Gangrels do. When we arrive at Command you see what I mean, when I say be prepared for a few shocks, and also a few surprises,” Nibs replied.
“Ok,” Ben said, “I think I had better let the rest of the unit know where I am as I was expected at Lauren’s place at 12:00BN and its 11:00BN.”
“Do you want us to drop you off at yours?” asked Sandra.
“No as long as I meet them just before we go in, it should be good enough,” Ben replied, he then went to his trousers’ back pocket and took out his mobile and rang Lauren.
Lauren replied when she had connected, “Hi Ben, what’s up and how was the Ball last night?”
“The Ball was excellent thanks, the after ball company was even better, we went to one of the night clubs in the north and spent the entire rest of the evening enjoying good friends and company. I’m ringing you to tell you I’ll meet you at command as I am current sat in Club Millana’s Canteen eating breakfast, before the Vixens and friends head for command.” Ben replied.
“Ok, how can we contact you if you are at command?” asked Lauren.
“Nibs, how can the guys contact me when I am at command?” Ben asked.
“Is Gemma coming to you or are you going to meet her?” Nibs asked.
“I think Gemma is coming to us before we all go onto command,” replied Ben.
“Get the guys to tell Gemma you are at command,” Nibs replied.
“Ok,” said Ben and then said to Lauren, “Tell Gemma I’m at command.”
“Ok, will do, chat to you later,” Lauren said.
After Ben had put the phone back he said, “I do need to go home to get my suit.”
“That’s easy,” said Sandra.
“Yeah, I’ll give you a lift if you want,” said Nibs.
“Thanks Nibs,” Ben said and the group finished breakfast and then headed back to their apartments to collect the rest of the stuff they would need for the rest of the day and the flight down to Echo Tech City tomorrow.
When everyone had arrived back, Nibs rang Detric and asked, “Can you ask Jackie or Fran what their address is?”
“Yeah no problem Nibs,” Detric replied. After a couple of seconds Detric said, “It’s Apartment C, 3445 5446th Avenue. South Pensulia district.”
“Right ok, we call past and pick you up and then collect Leia and Annabel,” said Nibs.
“You lot go on ahead, I’ll catch you up after collecting Ben’s suit,” Nibs said.
Nibs then climbed on and kick started the engine, Ben climbed on behind and grabbed the hold rail behind. Nibs then followed the rest of the guys out of the club and towards the back entrance. Nibs turned right and headed for the CW6 and then CW9, which from the directions Ben gave would lead pair and Blackie to near where Ben lived with his parents.

* * * * * *

Nibs pulled up outside Ben’s, when the bike had stopped Ben climbed off and headed inside. Nibs saw Ben’s dad looking out of the front window and smiled at him, he turned and walked to the front door as Ben was leaving and said something to him. Ben smiled and replied. Ben then came down the three steps and headed back for the bike carrying a rucksack and a suit bag.
Nibs folded the suit bag into quarters and said, “Give it an iron when we get to command Ben, that should sort out any creases in it. What did your dad say as you left.”
“Oh just that if you are one of my friends from the Gangrels then he’s very happy with me joining the gang,” Ben replied.
Nibs then headed for IC7 which would take them towards command. Nibs then said, “Control, Nibs, location report for the rest of the Vixens please?”
“Nibs, Control. Just about to turn off IC1 in South Penisula district,” Control replied.
“Thanks Control,” Nibs said and as she turned on to IC7 said, “Ben hold on tight.” Nibs then opened the throatal and accelerated down the on ramp. Ben grabbed Nibs waist as she accelerated and the pair flew down the IC. As IC3 junction approached Nibs indicated to take the junction and pulled across one lane and took the slip road and swung round and as she exited the bend Nibs again accelerated.
Twenty minutes later Nibs pulled off IC3 in South Pensulia and thought said, “Hun, where are you?”
“Just about to pick up Leia and Annabel, we still have Detric and Zoe to pick up and they are near to IC1 on the cove side of the pensula,” Sandra replied.
“Ok, I’ll meet you at where Detric and Zoe are,” Nibs thought replied. and headed for the address she had been given this morning when she had rung Detric.
Nibs and Ben soon arrived and climbed off and they both headed into the apartment block looking for apartment C. The block was nice, it looked good with pots of flowers and plants in the lobby. Nibs walked up to the front desk and asked, “I’m here to collect a couple of friends from apartment C?”
“Yes, I was informed of your arrival by Brain or Fran this morning,” the receptionist replied.
“Ok,” Nibs responded and then looked at the plan on the wall behind the desk and found apartment C. “May we?” Nibs asked expectionally.
“Yes, no problem as you look very much like the pair who live in the apartment,” the receptionist replied. Both Ben and Nibs walked down the corridor to apartment C and Nibs knocked on the door.
One of the pair opened the door wearing male clothes, he was also wearing smile, and said, “Welcome Nibs.”
“Thank you,” Nibs responded, “can I take it you had a good night?”
“Mm, yes I think we all did, I’m James or otherwise known as Jackie,” James replied.
“Hi James,” Ben said.
“Hello to you too, you a guest at command this evening?” James said as he led both Nibs and Ben to the living room.
“No,” Ben replied, “I am being inducted to the gang this evening along with all the new Bitch Vixens.”
“Aren’t you a member of the Bitch Vixens Nibs?” James asked.
“I was, the Bitch Vixens I was a member of will be becoming simply the Vixens,” Nibs replied.
When the three walked into the living room, Detric was on a sofa with Zoe sat beside him. Both of them wearing Goth clothes instead of the trendy clothes they normally wore. The room was fifteen feet square with an additional area dedicated to an open plan kitchen. The far wall from the door in, was a long window, and from the living room was three separate doors, all closed. The walls were painted a creamy yellow.
Brain who was stood in the kitchen asked, “You got time for a coffee?”
“Yeah would have thought so,” replied Nibs and then thought asked Sandra, “Where are you?”
“Just leaving Leia’s, we should be with you in twenty five thirty minutes,” thought replied Sandra.
“Give me a ring when you arrive outside,” thought replied Nibs.
“Done,” thought said Sandra.
“I think so, as the rest of the group have only just picked up the other guests for this evening,” Nibs said to Brain’s question.
“How did you find out you had enough time, I didn’t see you talking to anyone,” Brain said.
“You don’t need to talk to communicate Brain,” responded Nibs.
“Ok,” Brain said, and came from the kitchen carrying a tray with six coffees on. Also on the tray was mily and sugar. Brain placed it on the coffee table and placed each cup in front of the respective person and then sat beside James and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead.
Nibs looked at Detric and Zoe and like James had when he had opened the door they both had smiles and were also holding each other’s hand.

* * * * * *

As the main group left the club and headed for IC1 Nibs turned onto CW6 and headed for CW9. Sandra led the group to IC1 and then turned north and sped up the IC towards South Pensulia District and the address Leia and Annabel had given them.
The convoy included six bikes, two trikes, two FAVs and a mini bus which was carrying the bulk of the people.
They convoy arrived in South Pensulia District and Sandra who was looking at her PDU guided the group to the address Leia had given them. Sandra drew up outside and walked up to the front door. Sandra then rang the door bell and a middle aged woman opened the door and asked, “Hello, are you here to see Leia and Annabel?”
“Yes I am ma’am,” replied Sandra as Leia and Annabel walked down the stairs to the first floor.
Leia said, “Hi Sandra.”
“Hi Leia, Annabel, you two ready to depart,” Sandra asked.
“Yes we are,” Leia replied and then gave her mum a kiss and said, “Expect me when you see me mum.”
“Ok hun,” Leia’s mum replied and the three girls walked out and down the path to where the minibus was parked, Leia opened the sliding door and climbed in to the front pair of seats behind Jim who was driving.
Cathy who was sat just behind the front seats said, “Hi.”
“Hi,” replied Leia, “I’m Leia and this is Annabel.”
“Hello, to the two of you, I’m Cathy,” Cathy replied, “How come you are coming?”
“We met Sandra and Nibs last weekend at Risers to the Occasions and they invited us,” Annabel replied.
Jim pulled out just behind Jum and Wong’s FAV and had Hell Bright and Ren pull in just behind the mini bus. Sandra took the lead and headed across South Pensula for the second pick up site.

* * * * * *

Nibs’ PDU started to play a random Huntress track to let Nibs know that Sandra and the rest were outside. Nibs and Brain helped Zoe into her wheel chair whilst Ben and James helped Detric into his. Brain pushed Zoe out of the apartment and was closely followed by Nibs pushing Detric. James and Ben were carrying a couple of large rucksacks.
Outside the mini bus with the rest of the guys were waiting and sat opposite the open door was Leia and Annabel. Brain helped Zoe into the mini bus and then collapsed the wheelchair and stowed it in the back of the mini bus.
James also helped Detric in and did the same with his wheelchair, and then said to Annabel and Leia, “We both hope you enjoy the evening, we both wish we were going but a contract overrules the Gathering.”
“We’ll ring you two,” Leia responded, “and have fun.”
“We will,” Brain said and slammed the side door closed.
Nibs and Sandra took the lead and headed for IC1 and then on towards Command Gate 2.

* * * * * *

When the group arrived at Gate 2 they drove up to the main gate which had three Gangrels manning, the gate commander walked over to the group and asked, “Reason for visiting please?”
“The Vixens and friends,” replied Nibs.
“Arh yes, Sarah said you would be coming this route today,” Gavin said and signalled for the control booth to open the gates. When the gates were fully open the convoy drove through and headed for the back entrance.
The group stopped on the lift and Nibs pressed the button for the third level and the floor started to move, Ben who was still sitting behind Nibs looked around as the lift descended and saw on the first two levels, military grade vehicles. Ben asked Nibs, “Who’s are those vehicles, they all look like fully fledged military vehicles?”
“They belong to the 18 units of Gangrel Mercenaries,” Nibs replied, “This is what I meant when I said about a few shocks and surprises.”
“Now I see what you mean. So can I take it that the Gangrels are far bigger than the street side realise?” Ben then asked.
“Yes, in total if you add all the mercenary units and youth feeder groups, you have a force of close to 200,000 combat trained personal and that don’t include all the staff at Command and the direct support staff of the mercenary units,” Nibs said as the lift arrived at the third floor and allowed the group off. They then drove to the area behind the main audience chamber and parked up. When everyone had gathered and congregated with suit, dress bags and makeup cases and bags, they all headed down the passage way and into the main audience chamber. Nibs then led them all across the audience chamber and down the tunnels to Flat Vixen. Nibs then opened the door and the group walked in. Most of the girls dropped off their dress bags in the two rooms nearest the living room and the men did the same in the room opposite.
“Hell that’s a lot of man power,” Ben said.
“Yeah, especially when you think that most of the mercenary commands are elite and undertake missions that most normal troops wouldn’t even be asked to do if they were elite,” said Sandra as she headed for the kitchen so she could make drinks. “Drinks everyone?” Sandra asked when she had arrived and taken a look at what was in the cupboards.
Tina asked, Zoe who had sat herself on the end of a sofa, “Can I take it you had a good night last night?”
“Good night, yes, an excellent night, very defanelty,” Zoe replied, “I think a learnt a lot about me, Detric and love making generally last night.”
Detric who was being pushed by Ren said, “Yes I think the two of us did, and we have an open invite to go up and enjoy the company of the South Pensula Strikers. The unit they run with sounds a great bunch. I wish they could make tonight, but they have a contract to fill.”
“Ok,” Tina said as she was passed a glass of Cabilla by Angel.
“How do the Gangrels work, I know you are the policing arm of Central and also provide services to the city’s gangs,” Zoe asked.
“How the Gangrels work is that rather than be one large group, we operate in small units normally ranging from units of ten to about fifteen people. The units then provide specialist services when another gang requires a specific service, which can range from simple gang or group training to full on combat,” Tina said, “all of the times the Aces had War Zones against other gangs, you faced at least one Gangrel unit, which was normally the Bitch Vixens. The Bitch Vixens back then specialised in close assault operations.”
“Which would explain why we never did very well in the defensive stakes.
“Yeah,” Abs said as she sat down and rolled her self a blunt and then asked, “you want a blunt Detric, Zoe?”
Zoe replied first, “If one is going then yeah.”
“Yeah one is, catch,” responded Abs as she passed Zoe her tin and papers.
“This is going to be interesting,” Zoe said and then said as Tina went to help her, “no, I need to do this myself. Some one once said that a disability is what you make of if, and I am a bit disabled at the moment.”
“Well said Zoe,” Nibs said, “it’s nice to hear that I am not the only person to think that way.”

* * * * * *

Tina heard a knock from the door and said, “It’s open.”
Clare walked in and said, “Thanks Tina,” and came into the Flat.
Abs then walked out of her’s and Tina’s bed room and said, “Hi Clare.”
“Hi Abs, what the hell!” exclaimed Clare.
“What the hell,” responded Abs and then realised Clare was talking about Detric, Gary and Zoe, being there, and said, “oh. All three realised what they had done during there stay in hospital and all three said sorry to Nibs and Toma last night.”
“Yeah, Nibs put it perfectly when she said, ‘I have no hard feelings against you as a person, but when you wore the Aces garb, that I found offensive’. You should have seen Detric and Zoe’s face this morning, both of them had big beaming smiles.”
Clare looked at Sandra in shock and asked, “I guess they didn’t have fun on there own?”
“I don’t think so,” responded Sandra, “They left the club with a couple of Trans youth from the South Penisula Strikers.”
“I came around to ask, if you guys wanted to join the Hunters for a last chill out at the Hunter Hovel,” Clare asked.
Sandra asked over the dim of people talking and music, “You guys want to join the Hunters and chill in there’s?”
“Yeah,” most people said and grabbed the bits they needed and headed for Hunters Hovel.
As the group approached Hunters Hovel the group heard a Gui-dram being played and asked, “Who’s playing the Gui-dram?”
“That would be Charlie,” Clare replied, “she is very good, self taught from what she has said.”
“Self taught!” exclaimed Sandra, “and this is the same Charlie that only starting reading a few days ago?”
“Yes,” said Clare.
Clare led the group to Hunters Hovel and opened the door and let everyone in. The music that drifted out was superb.

* * * * * *

After fifteen minutes of listening to Charlie and Bobby play Nibs thought said to Sandra, “I’m going to get our drums.”
“Yeah,” thought replied Sandra as Nibs stood and headed for the door.
As Nibs was unstrapping the drums from the back of Ren’s FAV, Nicole, Jane, Kev, and Richard pulled up and Jane said, “Hi Nibs.”
“Hi Jane,” Nibs responded, “What you doing here?”
“I’m here to enjoy the Gathering and also to sponsor Nicole, Richard and Kev Marks as solo operatives,” Jane replied, “Where is everyone?”
“Chilling in Hunters Hovel,” Nibs said and lifted both the drums to her shoulders and led the three people to Hunters Hovel.
Nibs asked Jane as the group walked, “Solo Operatives?”
“Yeah, members not allied to any specific unit, so making them solos so to speak,” Jane replied, “Bill and Toma are both being introduced as them as well.”
“Ok,” Nibs said.
Gary looked at the new arrivals and asked Sandra, who was sat on the arm of one of the sofas, “Is that Jane C, the ex chair of Corporate Enterprises?”
“Yes it is Gary, hence the Echo Tech Limos, and the limited Echo Tech involvement in the War Zone,” replied Sandra, “they were heavily involved in the street side of the Wacker War. Jane, Nicole who is stood in over by the entrance way.”
At this Gary looked and said, “Your telling me your friends with some of the most powerful people in the world.”
“Yeah, and they ain’t any more, I think the only person here still chair of a corporation is Kev Marks, and I think he is chair of ATEC and he’ll be passing control over to his successor when he returns from a scientific exploration to the South Ice Cap,” said Sandra, “Jane, Nicole, Paul and Kev all hold full ghost licences and along with Richard and Sarah Cutherlate, make up the Conspiracy Field Force command, which everyone here takes orders from.”
Tina who was sat on the sofa next to Sandra said, “How do you think the conspiracy gets its money. Through the Echo Tech companies and ATEC.”
“Yeah, but,” Gary said.
“Yeah but what?” asked Nicole as she passed behind the group.
“Don’t the board mind that they may loose their chairs and chief exec’s at a moment’s notice,” Gary replied.
“No they don’t, we all are over 300 years old Gary,” Nicole replied, “and to answer the shocked expression on your face Gary. We six make up one half of the Council of twelve, basically we are the fighting arm the other six operate as the support arm and do the other tasks vital in running a world wide war which involves at least eight known dimensions in support and we support them in providing elite tactical forces to their armies.”
“Eight known dimensions!” quietly exclaimed Abs, “How can they help and how does the conspiracy help them?”
“Most places we provide them with technology and minerals. And they provide us with safe places to drop prisoners off to and also technology and likewise minerals,” Kev replied, “a lot of dimensions love our ballistic technology, especially the pulse rifles.”
“That’s useful to know,” replied Tina.

* * * * * *

05:00 the Vixens left Hunters Hovel and headed back for Flat Vixen to get ready for the evening.
Nibs said as they walked, “I have to admit Charlie’s playing is excellent.”
“I know, especially some of the songs she’s thought up,” Abs said.
Detric said, “I would say she’s good enough to get a recording contract some place, and turn a few heads too.”
“I agree with Detric,” said Tina.
“And to think it was those two I saw on running the roof a week ago,” Amy said.
“Yeah I know,” said Nibs as she opened the door to Flat Vixen.
Sandra said after the door was closed, “all the men can go and get ready in their room and we will go and get ready in ours,”
All the guys went into the room with their stuff in and closed the door, the girls all traipsed into their room and likewise closed the door.
Sandra then suggested, “Makeup wise I think the standard Vixens makeup.”
“Yeah,” said Hell Bright, “Some one needs to teach me it.”
“True we do,” said Tina, “But this evening let me, Sandra, Abs and Nibs do it.”
“Ok,” everyone else said.
Soon everyone was in bra’s and panties applying the base contrast of a pale white.
Nibs then proceeded to apply the marks and lines perfectly until doing the ones on the eye lids. Nibs then called Sandra, “hun can you finish the eye lids please.”
“No problem hun,” Sandra replied, “be with you when I have finished Zoe’s eyes.”
“Ok hun,” as Nibs picked up the red liner and drew the two lines from the ears to the cheeks and then made small cross cuts with the red and then closed the lid.
Sandra walked over and asked, “What’s the marks for?”
“Each mission I’ve completed as a ghost and the black cross cuts are for Gang related work,” replied Nibs as she picked up the black and drew the two lines and placed two cross cuts one smaller than the other.
Again Sandra asked, “Why the size difference?”
“One for the War Zone and the smaller one for the policing action, we didn’t take part in battle field operations, we helped in working control for the forces,” Nibs replied.
“True, we did,” Sandra said and Nibs turned and closed her eyes and let Sandra finish the eye lids.
A couple of hours all the girls were finished and dressed in their dresses each ones eyes were the main colour of the dress and all of the Vixens had done the same as Nibs in the cross marks, except Hell Bright’s red line had twenty five marks.
Sandra heard a knock from the door and called out, “It’s open.”
“Thank you Sandra,” Sarah replied as she came in, “I’m here to suggest that you guys use the FAVs stored here as well as the minibus you arrived in.”
“Now that’s a good idea,” Abs replied.
“Yeah, we don’t need to leave until 08:15AN anyway,” Nibs said, and sat down and was passed a Chai Latte by Tina.

* * * * * *

As 08:15AN arrived the Sandra led the group through the passageways towards the large area with out crossing the main audience chamber and found an entrance way and used it to enter the main vehicle bay.
Nibs saw enough FAVs to transport all the people who came on bikes and trikes, the group walked towards the vehicles and climbed into them and headed for the back entrance. Nibs also saw the Hunters leave the same passageway and walk towards their FAVs. Everyone with the Vixens stopped and waited for them to arrive and then the combined group headed towards the back entrance. When they arrived at the lift they saw the main doors were closed and a smaller back door was open and the two Gangrels signalled for them to exit via that door.
Very soon the large group were driving down the route way to Gate 1. As the group drove up the entrance road they got stuck behind a couple of mini buses, the rear one was from Mitten Raiders. Tina as she was in the lead FAV waved at the van until Tybias who was sat in the passengers seat stuck his head out of the Window.
Tina said, “Hi Tybias.”
“Feck me, Hello Tina,” said Tybias as the vehicle in front drove forward and was checked by the guys working the gate.
When Tybias had departed the Guard waved them through as she recognized them from earlier in the day. Nibs smiled as she passed the post. Soon the vehicles had parked up the Vixens walked to the entrance way and the entire group walked the short distance to the reception where Tybias said, “Mitten Raiders.” Tybias moved to the lift and the door opened.
Nibs walked up to the reception desk. The female and male working the desk asked, “Unit name please?”
Nibs replied, “The Vixens.”
The female checked the list and said, “I see you have guests this evening.”
“Yes, we have four new members and five guests, and one pup,” Nibs said and Daraus looked up and smiled.
“Ok, please go in,” said the Angalique.
The Vixens joined the Raiders in the lift, and waited for the Hunters to arrive. When everyone was in the lift Tybias pressed the down button and the lift started to descend.
When the lift had arrived and the doors had opened, the group walked out into the cloak room. Nibs saw Adrian over by the main entrance doors, looking very smart in a dark purple suit. The pair started to walk towards each other smiling.
As the large group gathered before the ushers opened the main doors, Nibs said, “Good evening Adrian, I’m surprised your mum and Griffit aren’t here?”
“She, Griffit, Celia and KaVon all volunteered to look after the Young Gangrels so letting all of SD Nine come tonight, Peter also invited a few from the crew along as well including Hinnita and James. The Gathering is being broadcast and I know the Young Gangrels are going to be glued to it for most of the evening,” Adrian said, “I told Sophie yesterday and she said, she would try, but Peter said they are always recorded for the archives,”
“How is your other half?” Nibs asked.
“Sophie,” Adrian replied, to which Nibs nodded yes as she looked out over the gathered Gangrels. Adrian continued, “She is as well as can be expected, but we have been able to determine that Trivvoth is connected to an organisation called the Dark Brotherhood. From the limited research we’ve been able to do, it seems that they are a large organised crime group with it fingers in lots of pies and also the have a presence in almost all the Metros and other large cities.”
“Have you got authorized access to the Conspiracy intelligence files?” asked Nibs
“I’m not sure if I have or have not,” Adrian replied.
“Ok, let me sort out access rights for you and have you been made up to a full ghost yet?” Nibs asked.
“Again not to my knowledge,” Adrian replied.
The ushers opened the double Cellum doors and the group walked out and the new arrivals saw for the first time the Audience hall full of fellow Gangrels.
Sarah sat on her throne in a deep violet dress that shimmered in the same way was everyone else’s. To her right and slightly behind her was Gareth like at the last Gathering he was carrying his Greatest Rune Blade and wore a pair of desert camouflage trousers.
Tina said to Nibs, “we’ll head for the ground floor.”
Nibs turned and nodded her reply and then turned to Adrian and asked, “Has anyone gone through the introduction procedures with you?”
“Yes, Peter did when we arrived,” Adrian replied who looked across the gathered Gangrels and realised that he was amongst friends.

*****

Tina, Abs and Gary who had been waiting on the over hang pushed the three guests in wheel chairs and led the rest of the guests down along the top tier and into the corridor behind.
Zoe asked when they had entered the creamy coloured walled corridor, “I never realised that the Gangrels were so close. How many members would you say were down there Tina?”
“My estimates are about 600 or just over,” Tina replied.
“My god 600 members,” Gary said.
“It wouldn’t surprise me to see that many down there, we all like a good party and that’s what a gathering is, a good party,” Gary said from the back of the group.
“So what’s going to happen now?” asked Zoe.
“The guys will wait until we all get to the ground floor and then they will descended to the first tier and the caller with announce the arrivals, I think the plan is that the Hunters and Vixens go first, then the Independents and lastly the New Bitch Vixens, and then any other introductions,” Abs said.
Jim said, “Everyone looked so happy as well.”
“I know, as Gary said it’s a party,” Abs said.

* * * * * *

The main doors opened and let the New Bitch Vixens and Gemma out, the group moved to the overhang.
Sophia looked out over the gathered Gangrels and stared in shock at the number, George and Urri both looked down and saw the gathered Gangrels and smiled as both of them until a few weeks ago didn’t have that many friends and now they had so many people who would help them and be there if they needed help.
Ben and Lauren embraced and looked down. Ben said, “I never guessed that this many people would be present for the inductions.”
“I wouldn’t be surprised that a number are here to celebrate the leaving of the old Bitch Vixens and the induction of the New Bitch Vixens,” Gemma said.

* * * * * *

Wong saw Tina and Abs enter the Main Audience chamber, and walked over to Nibs and said, “They have arrived.”
“Good then shall we,” Nibs said.
“Yes lets, I have explained the procedure to the Unit, it ain’t changed has it from my time,” Gemma said.
“I don’t think so, have them follow everyone else as the plan is for the Hunters and Vixens to be introduced first then for the independents to be introduced and lastly for the New Bitch Vixens to be introduced,” Sandra said.
The large group slowly descended the stairs to the first tier and the caller.
Sandra walked up and said, “I Sandra Calton-Patterson are sponsoring the new members Jum-Fu and Wong-Ma. They are both members of the Vixens.”
The Twins were next and Angel said “We the Twins are sponsoring the new member Ren, he is a member of the Vixens.
And closely behind her came Amy, who said, “I Amy Patterson-Demitrie are sponsoring the new members Bill Demitrie and Hell Bright. Bill is a Independent and Hell Bright is a member of the Vixens.”
The Usher nodded and waited for the Hunters to be brought forward. He then turned so he was looking out over the Main Audience Chamber and said, “This Night we of the Gangrels welcome to our membership new members from the Hunters and the Vixens. I give the members Jum-Fu and Wong-Ma sponsored by Sandra Calton-Patterson. Ren who is sponsored by the Twins Angel and Damieel. Hell Bright and the independent operative Bill Demitrie sponsored by Amy Patterson-Demitrie. Sym Petrovich and Charlie sponsored by Clare Forst. Paul Delimetry and Bobby sponsored by Abbey Cathill.”
The crowd gasped when they heard Paul Delimetry name announced as a member.
The Caller continued, “Steven Green sponsored by Anna Gutherage. Gareath Rozourn sponsored by Tony Gutherage, and Rose Petrovich sponsored by Dominic Griffiths.”
The gathered mass started to clap the new arrivals as they descended the main stair case.

* * * * * *

Nibs and Adrian looked down upon the new members as they walked down the stairs to the applause of the gathered masses. Nibs looked over and saw Timothy and group looking at the group as they descended and his face was one of shock.
Nibs thought said to Blackie, who was watching the whole event in security control, “Timothy’s face is a picture.”
“I know I can see it, I wish I was out there,” Blackie through said in reply.
“I know, it’s better that we let Timothy down gently, rather than let him fall,” Nibs thought said.
Nibs then turned, looked down and saw the group process to the foot of the Plinth and then the new members walked up to the right position on the five steps and then Sarah stood and brought the clapping under control. She said, “I Sarah, leader of the Gangrels welcome you all to our ranks. Approach.” Nibs watched each as they knelt and kissed the back of her hand and then the strength of their voices that carried over the masses as Gareth read the Oath and the group repeated it, just as she had done some five weeks previously.
Adrian turned to Nibs and said, “I’m nervous as hell.”
“I know I was when I was introduced, you’ll do fine, just follow the instructions or follow the others,” replied Nibs
Nibs thought said to Sandra, “Timothy’s face is a picture of shock and horror.”
“I know,” replied Sandra and thought laughed her evil laugh.
When the first group had completed the oath, Nibs walked over the Caller and said, “I Nibola Calton-Patterson are sponsoring the new member Adrian Petersfield. He is a member of South Defence Unit Nine.”
“Thank you,” the Usher said.
As Nibs moved away from the caller Darla followed and said, “I Darla Graham are sponsoring the new member Toma. He is an Independent.”
The Caller again said, “Thanks,” and turned to look out over the Audience chamber. He then said, “This Night we of the Gangrels welcome to our membership a new member from South Defence Unit Nine. I give the members Adrian Petersfield sponsored by Nibola Calton-Patterson and the Independent operative Toma sponsored by Darla Graham. Also I introduce this evening new independent members Nicole Chancer, Richard Chancer and Kev Marks, they are sponsored by Jane Chancer.”
The entire audience chamber turned to look at the top of the stairs, as Nibs, Adrian, Darla, Toma and the four adults descended. Jane was wearing a shimmering black velvet dress long enough so you could just see the toes of her shoes. Nicole was wearing a elegant dress with a high back and long lace sleeves. Kev and Richard were both wearing suits in the same style as the rest of the male suits from the Conspiracy.
Daraus looked over at Timothy and smiled, then using his ability to show to selected people Daraus metamorphosed into Daraus Wolf Boy as he sense the evil that he knew was a part of the casting of the curse onto his kind and smile an evil smile. Daraus read the facial expressions of Timothy and knew he was thinking, ‘No, this can’t be, an Angel Wolf here now, fuck me’.

* * * * * *

Nibs smiled as she and Adrian along with the rest of the group walked the distance to the foot of the plinth where Adrian along with the rest of the group ascended the step and as before Sarah controlled the clapping and said, “I Sarah, leader of the Gangrels welcome you all to our ranks. Approach.”
Nibs smiled as Adrian took the last two steps and said good bye to his old life, he knelt and kissed the back of Sarah’s hand and then like everyone else swore the oath of allegiance to Sarah and her leadership.
When Adrian had walked down the stairs Nibs and Darla along with the rest of the group moved to where the first group had gone and waited for the last confirmed lot to be introduced.
The Caller turned out and said, “When the group had retreated down the stairs the Usher announced, “This night we of the Gangrels welcome to our membership a new unit whom having sort the permission of and received the permission of the current members and three one of the original members, we welcome twelve new members all belonging to the Bitch Vixens. I give the members of the Gangrels Ben and Gavin Jacks, Jalill Ufflim, Lauren Crowsfeet, Laura Hibs, Benjamin Stuarts, Rosey Col-eu, Peter Limes, Qu-Lim, Sophia, George Brows, Urri Novchek. The entire unit of twelve is sponsored by Gemma Ford one of the original founders. Welcome them as equals under our leader Sarah, and may they be members for a long time and allow the Gangrels to become better and fuller.”
Some of the older members gasped when they heard Gemma Ford’s name.
Nibs smiled, and thought, ‘Welcome Gangrels to the New Gangrels.’
When the New Bitch Vixens had been introduced.
Sarah stood and said, “Fellow Gangrels. Now is the time for us to welcome back to the fold units from the far South East of the City, I give you the South Ridge Hunters and South East Valley Strikers, others are listening and watching us at the moment on the Net feed.”
And out from Sarah’s private door came the two units who stood in front of Sarah and as Gareth read the oath they too repeated the words and the seven members reaffirmed they membership of the Gangrels.

* * * * * *

Adrian nudged Nibs and pointed at Timothy, and Nibs saw him getting very, very pissed off.
“Oh, sweet, Sarah is playing the honour card, telling but not telling she knows exactly what is going on,” Nibs said.

* * * * * *

After the introductions were completed. Sarah left the plinth and headed for the table where the friends were stood and sat in the case of Sophia, George and Urri. When she had arrived closely followed by the two unit’s from the south east, she said, “To the new units and members, let their time as Gangrels be fore filing.
“Yeah,” said everyone in reply to the toast. Then the melodic sounds of a Dark Trance DJ started to fill the hall. On the stage that had been set up in the same place as the previous gathering one of the stage crew wearing Gangrel Music Crew t-shirts were setting up instruments and getting the stage ready so the band could entertain the Gathering.
Adrian turned to Nibs and said, “Thank you for introducing me this evening.”
“No problem,” Nibs said, “remember the plan, it’s now very much down to you.”
Daraus thought said to Nibs, “Coming down the stairs I sensed one of the evils that placed the curse on my kind.”
“With that information I think the both of us need to look very closely into the curse and if we can find out why, then why,” Nibs thought replied.
Laura said to Nibs, “It’s strange but I feel welcomed.”
“No it ain’t when I was inducted I felt the same,” replied Nibs, “remember that all the Gangrels undergo the same induction when they join.”
Sandra then said as she moved behind Nibs, “Also remember the Gangrels look after their own, and as a member you will have the complete support of about 1100 members of Gangrel Street and all those at command.”
“But tonight we are going to enjoy ourselves and look at starting basic training in the next few weeks,” Ben said.
Lauren who was stood beside Ben with her and his arms interwined said, “Tom as in Tom Grumman?”
“Yeah, that’s my other name,” Toma said, “The name Tom Grumman died a few weeks ago when my father decided not to have anything to do with me anymore. To put it bluntly I don’t give a shit, he was never really a father as he was almost never in and when he was he was very stand offish.”
“So no love lost there then,” said Gavin.
“No,” Toma replied, “Mistress, when does the next training cadre start?”
“6th Hilleash,” replied Darla, “Command sends out a formal invite letter to all new trainees a couple of weeks before training starts.”
“Ok,” replied Ben, “it should be fun to actually start training. The rest of the Vixens have prepared us to a point but being here, brings it home that we are now no longer a group of friends, but we are Gangrels and a part of the largest gang in Suraban.”

* * * * * *

Cathy who was still in shock at what she had seen from the overhang, said to Paul, “Seeing the number of members waiting for the introductions, I was in shock and I still am.”
“But do you now see why we are members,” replied Paul.
“Yes I do,” said Cathy, “I don’t think the general public realise the Gang is as big as it is. How many members do the Gangrels have?”
“Over 1100 in the Gangrel Street Gang,” replied Darla, “If you include Timothy’s force we have almost 1300 members now. Include the other side we have close to 200,000 combat personal plus another couple of hundred thousand in support staff, and everyone undertakes basic training.”
“Why do you say if you include Timothy’s?” Cathy asked.
“Timothy does not like the current leadership of Sarah, he thinks she was promoted above her station and that the rightful leader is him,” Darla said.
“In time we will show him that Sarah was the right choice and that she has more support in the general communities than he could ever muster,” Nibs said.
Then a male and female Gangrel walked over to the table and said, “Good evening to you all, especially you Vixens and the New Bitch Vixens. Allow me to introduce myself and my partner, I’m Jim and this is my long term partner, Wendy we both are members of Central District Strikers, and currently the acting command team of the unit,” Jim said, “and I know you,” he said when he saw Cathy, “where do I know you from.”
“I know,” said Wendy, “The coffee house the unit uses, you work as a waitress there?”
“I do,” replied Cathy.
“Welcome to the Gathering,” said Jim, “and may I saw I hope you are enjoying the evening.”
“I am already, and I’ve only been here thirty minutes,” Cathy said.
“It will get better,” said Jim, “as the second band playing tonight is from our unit.”
“That sounds good,” said Paul.
“It should be, they are good,” Wendy said.

* * * * * *

Simon, Mark and Angelique along with a new face walked towards the table. Angelique and Mark both moved and Angelique tapped Amy on the shoulder and said, “I hope you are well Amy?”
When Amy heard the voice of Angelique she turned and said, “I am well, as I hope you both are.”
“We are, thanks,” Mark said.
“Simon said you have a message for me?” Amy asked.
“We do,” replied Mark, “it’s from the headmaster. He says he is sorry for expelling you, as we took the information we had found out, Samantha and recording from the raid on the Slaver den to him and showed him the various faces of the people involved in the operation. He never realised that Abilgail was dealing in the illegal slave trade and was also a very nasty person in deed.”
“He says, if you wanted to go back he has already rescinded the expulsion order and would welcome you back with open arms,” Angelique said, “Samantha has also been accepted back under a good behaviour warrant. Nicole and Jane both have said that we are to run and control Samantha in her role as a double agent.”
“That’s good to hear, I hope you told him that I wouldn’t be returning,” Amy said.
“We did, and we also told him that you along with your new friends are now full ghosts and about to head to College. He did ask how can you as you don’t have an qualifications,” Mark replied.
“And what did you tell him?” Amy asked as Paul passed Amy a glass of Bar-Kam.
“That the college was one where the elite of the ghost community go and learn how to be better ghosts,” Angelique said, “it shut him up, as I think he understands the ghost community and knows that to be selected to attend college as an elite ghost means you are very skilled in ghost work.”
Amy them felt someone tap her on the shoulder, she turned to see who it was and stood just behind her was Wendy, Julie-Ann and Racheal all looking their best in formal dresses and smart skirt suits.
Julie-Ann said, “Hello Amy.”
“Hello you lot, I see you all made it to The Gathering,” said Amy
“I said we would,” Julie-Ann said, “I’m here with most of my youth feeder unit.”
Racheal then said, “I had a chat with Sarah a couple of days ago and she is more than up for the Gangrels paying for me to attend Law School and becoming a street lawyer working for the people the main stream lawyers forget about or are unable to pay the fees.”
“Hey Racheal, that is good news,” said Amy and embraced her friend.
“Oh, I have some information that may prove useful,” Wendy said.
“Yes,” responded Paul.
“I have seen Chriis and the crew sticking a needle into there arms and injecting something into themselves,” Wendy said, “I picked up one of the disgarded bottles and took it to a friend to analyse. The results he gave me startled me, both Chemistry and Bio-chemistry are my majors at Rotork,” Wendy said.
“You got the results with you as we are about to go to the Academy,” said Paul.
“Yes I have,” replied Wendy and took the disk out of her bag and passed it to Paul along with a paper copy. “I have a full vial at mine at the moment,” said Wendy.
“Excellent,” replied Paul, “Any chance we can call past tomorrow and pick it up as we then can analysis it in the Academy labs.”
“Yeah, no worries,” replied Wendy, “Lets just say I 4t’s not a compound I’ve seen before or heard about from drug trails.”
“Hun, keep your ears open and close to the posse as if that comes up as an untested drug, we are going to want to know where they got it from,” Amy said.
“How come, shouldn’t it go to the medical ethics board?” Wendy said.
Paul Snr. walked over and heard Wendy’s comments about the Medical Ethics Board and said, “My dear, some groups and organisations operate above the laws and ethics boards and need policing by forces unaligned to ethics boards or governments, hence the need to know where they got the drug from.”
Amy then asked Wendy, “Do you remember when me and Paul visited the North?”
“Yes I do, and may I say beautiful wedding and reception,” Wendy replied, “I’ve spent the last two weeks with Julie-Ann and Racheal learning so much about myself.”
“At the end of that week, me Paul and the rest of the 1
ucted a raid on a company that was involved with genetically designing a bio-weapon and also working on a very advanced plasma weapon,” Amy replied, “Tomorrow we fly down to Echo Tech City and start at the Academy a school for the Elite members in the Conspiracy War. When we have completed the five years of study we will police those who operate above the laws of the land in all aspects.”
“Do you now see why it is so difficult to describe what belonging to a gang means to people,” Paul said.
“I do,” replied Wendy, “the friends Julie has in the youth feeder group accepted me without questioning me about why I was there. Julie-Ann did say that it’s the Gangrel way, they accept anyone and only judge you on your actions since joining or meeting.”
“So what are your plans now that you have spent the last two weeks with Julie-Ann?” Amy asked.
“Not got any specifics but I think I will be spending a lot of time at the youth feeder group, one of the guys has said that he would be happy to sponsor me joining the Gangrels.”
“Go for it Wendy,” said Amy, “I think you may find better friends in the Gangrels than in the Posse.”
“I already have,” Wendy said, “I’ve been invited out on a date with Andrew tomorrow evening. I think he is planning on taking me to see a film.”
“Congrats,” responded Amy and Paul.

* * * * * *

When Simon walked over the other person with the group asked Simon, “Why have we come to see this group?”
“The answer to that is one of the group wants to have a chat with you about some work,” replied Simon, who then saw Nibs chatting to Nicole at the far end of the table. The pair walked around the table and Simon tapped Nibs on the shoulder and said, “Nibs, Nicole, allow me to introduce Daniel Gribbins, the challenger to me in the elections.”
“Good evening Daniel,” replied Nibs, “allow me to introduce Nicole, chair of the council of twelve.”
“Good evening to the both of you,” Daniel said, “Simon said you may have some work for me?”
“We do,” said Nicole, “as a member of the Council of Twelve I am responsible for the unofficial policing of the Corporations and in relation to that we need people who know how to use their eyes and ears.”
“The company your partner works for is involved with some highly illegal activities and as such we need people to watch and to report actions of the higher ups as they would be more likely to be in the know than those lower down,” Nibs said.
“What type of illegal activities?” Daniel asked.
“Activities like Slavery and the illegal marketing and distribution of untested bio and cyber modifications along with other activities non conducive to the well being of Darra Von,” Nicole replied.
“Slavery you say, I thought that was banned some 700 years ago,” Daniel said.
“It was, but when companies like Rotork Theaban are owned by forces outside the preview and also the general understanding of humans, and as the world laws indicate that the governments are unable to police the corporations you see the problem. Hence the existence of the Council of Twelve and the armed forces that we control,” Nicole said.
“All of the Vixens and the Hunters are members of those forces,” Nibs said, “See the young lady down there?” and Nibs pointed at Amy as she was chatting to Wendy, Racheal and Julie-Ann.
“Yes,” replied Daniel.
“She has first hand experience of these activities, as Rotork Theaban are responsible for her mum being owned by the president of Naban. She is being forced to work as a maid in the his service so to break her will and force her to consent to be his concubine,” Nibs replied, “both Clare and Abbey over there, have again first hand experience of similar, as they both were captured and made slaves to one Abilgail Miller, again known by Amy.”
“Confirmed reports indicate that the now rulers of Naban also endorse full on blood sports, and it ain’t just humans fighting, creatures that a lot of people think don’t exist do and are full participants in the games as the government is directly controlled by them,” Nicole said.
“Why doesn’t the world government do something to stop it,” Daniel said.
“What can they do, for one Naban is now a closed country and even if it weren’t the governments of the world have very little that can stand up to the armed forces of the new rulers,” Nicole said, “only the forces allied to the Council of Twelve have the technology and the training necessary to face the new enemies, and we don’t have the numbers to go head to head on a formal battle field. Hence the request that you use your eyes and ears, as it is the small activities like slaver operations, illegal back street medical centres that can be combated rather than the controlling powers.”
Simon then said, “The one thing that you were never told when you became a member of Central is that the Gangrels are more than just simply a street gang. The Vixens and the Hunters are fighters in the war, but the Gangrels also run I think 18 Mercenary commands all of whom have the mission of fighting these new enemies. I know because I was told a few weeks ago by Nicole here. Jane C, Richard, Paul, Queen Sarah and Kev Marks are also all members of the Council of Twelve.”
“You said Jane C and Kev Marks, as in the chairs of Corporate Enterprises and ATEC?” Daniel asked questionally
“Yes the very same,” Nicole replied, “Even I use to run a corporation, namely Echo Tech Inc and C.Industries.”
“Fuck me,” responded Daniel, “So what is it you want me to do.”
“Just watch, listen and report to us,” Nicole said, “before you move we will provide you with a PDU that will allow you to make reports directly to us. From which we will be able to better combat the enemies of the planet and make sure that those who inherit the planet, inherit a place free from slavery and other evil activities.”

* * * * * *

Nibs heard the second song start and instantly recognized the Gui-Dram rifts as one from her collection of unknown bands. Nibs smiled at it and thought, ‘I wonder where they got this song from.’ Nibs then turned and dragged Sandra to the dance floor and joined the Hammers, Marauders and the others dancing.
As the pair were dancing Nibs thought said to Sandra, “I’m going to ask where the band got the idea for this track from as I have almost exactly the same track in my unknown bands section of my music drive.”
“Your kidding hun,” thought replied Sandra.
Then Nibs heard a voice she recognized as Wong’s thought say to her, “I love this track you need to give me a copy of the original.”
As Nibs danced she also looked in wonderment at Wong who smiled at her and thought said to Nibs, “I had a feeling the links were more than just partners, remember we three share an understanding of each other that only comes from being partners.”
Nibs then thought, ‘God help the enemy if this is the case.’

* * * * * *

Tina who was stood with Abs and the rest of the Vixens listening to the music felt someone tap her on the shoulder, Tina turned around and saw Tim standing there smiling wearing a Gangrel Music Crew t-shirt. Tim said, “Hi sis.”
“Hi bro,” responded Tina, “What are you doing here?” Tina then asked.
“Working the stage, me, Leia, John, Dan, Colin and Paula are all working the stage this evening,” Tim replied, “all of Dark legion are here as well. Uthiam said a Gathering is for all members and guests to enjoy so the band volunteered their crew to work the stage and let the normal Gangrel crew enjoy the evening whilst the pros sorted things out on Stage. Colin is working the sound desk and also is spinning the disks during the change overs. How is my younger sister doing, both mum and dad say hi and when are you and Abs going to visit? Soon they both hope as Dominic has now also moved out. I wasn’t mistaken earlier when I heard Dominic’s name mentioned?” Tim asked.
“No you weren’t bro,” replied Dominic, who was stood behind Tim with Anna, and Steven.
Tim turned around and embraced Dominic. “How are you doing? You look great in that suit.” Tim said.
“Thanks bro. Me, I never felt better Tim I hear your working the stage this evening?” Dominic replied.
“I am,” replied Tim as Sandra and Nibs both walked off the stage as the band kicked out their forth song and returned to the table and found a tray of Cabillas present.
Both of them grabbed a glass and had a large drink. Nibs then got out her tin and rolled a blunt and passed the tin and papers to Sandra so she could roll one. Sandra then lit it just after she had lit her own one.
John and Leia walked over and John said, “Hi Nibs, Sandra.”
“Hi John,” replied Nibs, “I guess you are not here just to enjoy the Gathering?”
“No, some of the crew volunteered to work the stage for the bands this evening,” Leia replied, “Can I ask for some advice Nibs?”
“Yeah, no problem,” Nibs replied.
“Me and Dan have been listed on Ghost net, thanks to John, and we have been offered a bit of Ghost work,” Leia said, “from what we have been told it’s a simple raid on a manufacturing centre in Wester Park District. The advice is what information should we be looking at researching for the raid?”
“In answer, everything you can, but specifically look at who’s employing and any history they may have with the target, as some companies have enemies in other companies that are not obvious to the run-of-the-mill people, use the Black Net forums to post questions,” Nibs replied and then Sandra said, “A second good piece of advice is to check the team, make sure they have a good rep if the team isn’t listed, the other members have a good rep. As teams with a bad rep should be avoided.”
“Another good piece of advice is the both of you make sure that either Club Millana or Gangrel control knows of both your existence and they have full communications.” Richard said, “Tomorrow before you both leave talk to Sarah about having the Conspiracy stores supply you both with Black Light Armour and technology, with it you will be more ready to face possible problems than if you didn’t have it. A forth piece of advice is also retreat is always a good option if you feel out of your depth, never be frightened of failure, everyone fails from time to time, and it’s from failing that you learn most. That’s the advantage of having either Control centre know of your existence and also for you to use Black Light Tech as everything seen by the camera is recorded for future reference and also analysis.”
“Yeah we will do,” Leia replied, “would this apply to any mission?”
“Yes very much so,” replied Richard, “all the cities throughout the world have a Conspiracy command centre either in the city of very close by, it allows conspiracy personal the chance to operate with the knowledge that they are not fighting alone and have the complete support of the Conspiracy in their work.”
“We as a force pride ourselves on making sure our personal are supported and cared for whilst on operation,” Nicole said, as the band started it’s sixth song.
John said, “I think we have better get back and make sure the next band is ready to take the stage,” Tim, Leia and John all turned and headed for the back stage area.

* * * * * *

When the band finished it’s set and left the stage to cheers and whistles, Nibs moved towards the back stage area and waited for them to come out and enjoy the rest of the evening. When they did Nibs walked up to the lead singer and asked, “May I enquire as to where you got the inspiration for the second song?”
“Yeah, we downloaded a very similar song from one of the file sharing programs,” James replied.
“You don’t happen to remember the name of the person you downloaded it from?” Nibs then asked.
“No I don’t. Why do you want to know?” James asked.
“Lets just say I have the original,” Nibs said, “I recognized the first few Gui-Dram rifts and it was confirmed when you started to sing.”
“Oh, right,” James said, “I hope you like our version?”
“I loved it,” replied Nibs, “if you like that style of music I have over 6000 songs from unlisted bands on my drives and would be more than happy to let you listen to them and use any and all if you want.”
“6000 my god that is a lot, where did you get them from?” James asked.
“I flea market in Ne-U-Bar,” Nibs replied.
Nibs saw John heave the bass drum up and carried it off stage.
James led the band to the bar and got all of them a drink and then moved away whilst Colin on the sound desk span a few disks during the band change over, asked, “When we down loaded the base for our second number anyone remember who we got it from?”
“I do, the user name was The Black Fairy,” Carole, the drummer, replied, “I am wondering if there is a connection between the Black Fairy we heard about a couple of weeks ago and this one.”
“In answer to that question there is,” Nibs said, “I’m the Black Fairy referred to in what you heard and also my online screen name is ‘The Black Fairy’.”
“Bloody hell!” James exclaimed then asked, “so this new gang spoken about they Gangrels or something?”
“Yes, the Vixens, Hunters and a few other units are a part of the New Gangrels,” Nibs said, “where the Gangrels units of old support and help the gangs of Suraban, the New Gangrels are more involved in policing the gangs, making sure that they follow the rules of central and also follow the rules of the city and decency.”
“How much of the what is being said is true?” Fredicka, second lead Gui-Dram asked.
“From what I have heard, most of it, the only bit not true is the bit about me as it should also include my partner and we are both the right thing,” Nibs replied as Sandra walked over, Nibs said, “and allow me to introduce my partner Sandra. Hun the band and they did down the second song from my drive.”
Sandra smiled and then saw a group of people that looked out of place amongst the dark colours of the Gangrels. Sandra then tapped Nibs on the shoulder and pointed at them and then Nibs turned and said, “It’s been nice meeting you and as I said, take whatever you want from the unlisted bands section.”
“We will, thanks,” James said.
Nibs, Sandra and Daraus as he had padded across the audience chamber and joined them, walked towards the group. When they got close they saw it was Hinnita and the drummers from West Parks. When the two were close enough to be heard above the Dark Trance, Nibs said, “Hi friends, I hope you all are enjoying the Gathering?”
Hinnita turned and smiled when she saw Nibs and Sandra and embraced each in turn, she then said, “Loving it, Peter said these are party’s enjoyed by all.”
“They are at that,” Sandra said.
Hinnita turned and said, “Guys, Nibs and Sandra.”
“Hey,” Wayne said, “excellent party, I’ve never been to a party where so many people have had time to say hi and most ask are you enjoying it.”
“That don’t surprise us,” replied Nibs, “We of the Gangrels make sure our guests are looked after and respected.”
“That you do,” replied James, “watcha you two, when are you lot off to the Academy?”
“Tomorrow sometime,” replied Nibs.
“Damn, we hoped to have a drum session before you left,” James said.
“We’ll make sure we visit the first time we get back to Suraban and we’ll bring a new drummer and Gui-Dram player with us as well,” Nibs said.
Wayne then asked, “Has John spoken to you about the Low Back Green Festival?”
“Yes he has and assuming no work from the Academy we will be there crewing and providing security, hopefully with the rest of the Academy, and a few units from the city,” Nibs said.
“If you don’t get back before then definently,” James said and the rest of the circle agreed, “anyway how are you two?”
“Great, just spent the week making our own drums at our Forest retreat,” replied Sandra and everyone saw Nibs was smiling.
“These I want to hear,” replied James, “You both hand crafted your own drums?”
“Yes from locally sourced wood and the skin was taken from an elk Sandra killed during our first trip to the retreat, before the festival,” Nibs replied, then said, “shall we move to one of the chill out rooms as the next band is about to start.”
“Yeah,” responded everyone and each moved towards the chill out rooms.
When everyone had sat down, Shae said, “You took do look beautiful in those dresses, the way they shimmer colour is incredible.”
“Thank you Shae,” Sandra said, “May I say you all look very good.”
“It’s the only smart thing I have,” said Wayne.
“It looks good through,” Nibs said.
Sandra then thought said to Nibs, “I’ve not gifted Shae, Wayne, Shawn, Jarra and Yaz yet have I?”
“No, you ain’t” thought replied Nibs. Nibs then took out her PDU and opened up the map files of Command and found the one she wanted and thought said, “Blackie, Pixie can you see a plan of command near you?”
“We can,” replied Blackie.
“Find the chill out rooms ground floor and then here fast,” Nibs thought said.
“Ok, see you in a minute,” Pixie said.
Sandra then lent over and grasped both Wayne’s and Shae’s hand and said, “A gift from me to you both, the gift of true sight,” Sandra then took Shawn’s and Yaz’s hands and said the same and again when she had Jarra’s hand. Blackie and Pixie both then entered the room and saw the faces of the five newly gifted people.
Nibs then said, “Friends meet our fairy companions.”
“Bloody hell!” Yaz exclaimed as Sandra sat back down after closing the door.
“How come?” asked Shae.
“To be honest we have no idea other than we were involved in a major battle at the end of the Wacker War which had something to do with them being now bonded to us,” Nibs replied, “all the Vixens, Clare, Abbey, Anna, Dominic, Tony and Bill have a companion. They are not enjoying the evening in the main audience chamber but that is due to some people looking at trying to bring down the current leadership.”
“Arh, Peter did warn us about Timothy and his group, if we’ve needed drinks, we’ve been going on mass,” said Hinnita.
“Oh, I hope the problem of the talking shop has been corrected?” Sandra asked.
“It has thanks, Sarah chatted to Peter on Sumdar and he invited us to there home base and as they were also going to talk shop with the probationers and Adrian they included both of us as well,” James replied.
“In addition us as a group have been offered training at command, even though we ain’t Gangrels, Wayne said.
“Now that is good news,” Nibs said.
“John has said that when we get back he will try and sort out some work for us, and I think the local Conspiracy commander may have some easy missions for us as well,” Yaz said.
“When James and Hinnita told us about the war, we signed up there and then, no hesitation at all,” Wayne said, “and the advantage we have is the vans we are constantly moving and so very hard to pin down to one location.”
“One thing you should look at doing as well is booking your vehicles into the Club and let the Club mechanics have a play would be the best description,” Nibs said, “I said to them, if you can, install this and showed them an 1100 I had come across from one of the local Gangrel units and they installed it and gave me an extra top end gear and modified the gear ratios generally.”
“Yeah, if you do need work doing the mechanics at either Club Millana or here at command love tinkering with vehicles,” Sandra said, “and as you all are now conspiracy, I’m I right in guessing none of you are even listed on Black Net?” Sandra then asked.
“No, I know I’m not,” Yaz replied, “how come?”
“All Conspiracy personal are normally listed on Black Net the main site for Ghosts,” Nibs said, “all the Vixens, Hunters and all the adult members and those Gangrels older than 18 are listed.”
“What is the procedure then for listing us?” Shawn asked.
“Any one with a full Ghost licence can,” Sandra replied.
“Anyone know where Ruth and Carole disappeared to, I’m surprised they are not working the stage with the rest of the crew?” Jarra asked.
“Ruth and Carole have moved to South Peninsula District and have joined the Pen Wolf Hounds and work the Cove Districts for the Conspiracy,” Sandra said, “They are always up for visitors and may be taking over Demology café in the Harlaquinas Shopping Centre. They also work the Dark in Wine Private Night Club. Let them know you are going over and tell them we told you to ask about how Greacher and Tarack are.”

* * * * * *

After a few more hours of enjoying the party all of the Vixens said their byes and departed for the flat and then tomorrow onwards to Echo Tech City and the Academy.

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.


The Supporting website is here

up
35 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos