Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 20

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 20

"You tell Aribeth a joke..."

----------

You think. And think. What type of joke should you tell the dragon? A lot of jokes from your own home might not work, since they don't have the same technology here. What do dragons find funny? There's only one way to tell.

"Lisa?"

"Yes?" She asks, turning to you.

"Knock knock."

Both Lisa and Aribeth roll their eyes. "Who's there," they ask in unison.

"Pie."

"Pie who?" Lisa asks, now curious.

"Pie you!" You say as you manifest a cream pie and go to push it into her face. Unfortunately for you, her knightly training kicks in and you soon find yourself flat on your back and blinded by surprisingly tasty lemon cream.

"Oops," you hear Lisa say.

There is no other sound for a few tense seconds. Then, you hear a reptilian snort, followed by a chuckle. Soon, the entire ground is shaking as Aribeth rolls about laughing.

The cream is surprisingly easy to clean off, leaving no trace, and you and Lisa watch as Aribeth continues to laugh uncontrollably. Eventually she calms down, and looks at you with a new respect.

"That was quite entertaining. I shall let you pass. Do stop by again if you make it out of the keep, my dears."

She steps aside, revealing another path through the trees behind her. Not long after, you finally reach the keep.

The tall, weathered stone walls before you seem to whisper in hushed tones to one another of the secrets within. A gigantic set of double doors made of fossilized wood sit before you, with a horrendous carving of a gargoyle to one side and a manticore on the other.

"Who goes there?" asks the gargoyle as you approach.

"Yes, who disturbs us?" the manticore asks as well. Both turn to stare at you as you approach.

What do you do?

---Make up a name. (If you choose this option, pick a name for the character as well. The one most recommended I'll use.)
---Skip your name, but tell them your goal to defeat the evil Mage.
---Ignore them and try the door.
---Look around for another way in.

----------
Voting begins... NOW!

NOTES: Sorry this is a few days late. I know, I know, I suck. I've been busy, alright? :P I'm probably going to try and give you players a few more customizable options from here on out since, this being an ONLINE interactive story, I don't exactly have to worry about predicting what you choose, now do I? I think it's going to be fun.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Skip the name!

What? They wouldn't know you anyway! Just let them know what you are doing, and see if you can co-opt them!

Wren

yes, I agree

---Skip your name, but tell them your goal to defeat the evil Mage.

Make up a name. Maybe

Make up a name. Maybe Puddintame, ask me again I'll tell you the same. Or Mrs. Underhill. Or Philecia. Or Countess Widdershins. I.P. Freely or Miss Thunderation. Or claim to be the maid, maybe Maid Marian. Any name will do, don'cha think?

CaroL

CaroL

Tough choice

Make up a name: "Pickles." It's about time the title of this story made sense.

I thought the name made perfect sense

Seeing as the character ends up in a series of "pickles" one after another, I thought it was fine :D

Melanie E.

Skip the Name

terrynaut's picture

Tell them my goal is to defeat the evil Mage.

Oh. And maybe someone can tell me why I'm craving pickles.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Yep

Skip the name, I guess.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Jenny Tuno

(Say it fast: Do you need to know?)

Surely that has to be the most appropriate made-up name? :)

--B


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

You Could Crib from the Odyssey...

...and name yourself "Nobody", I suppose, just in case someone inside asks them "who's there?"

But I'd prefer to check for another entrance first.

Eric

Seeing as we've met.......

KevSkegRed's picture

.....Aribeth, say our name is Sharwyn [or another Neverwinter Nights character]

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.