All You Need Is Love - Part 3

Printer-friendly version

All You Need Is Love - Part 3
by Barbara Lynn Terry

Neecie stopped the car in front, and we got all of our clothes out of the car and carried them upstairs. Aileen and I helped each other put our things away, and then we sat on my bed for a bit.

"Sis, that was a wonderful shopping trip, but you are only starting to get your wardrobe. See, girls need lots of clothes so we can mix and match our bottoms and tops, and we also need to make sure that our nail polish matches our lipstick. Mom doesn't know I know about that yet." We both giggled, but we were caught in the act.

"Mom doesn't know you know about what, Aileen?"

"Uhm, I was just giving Stacie a girl lesson."

"I see, all about fashion and makeup. Honey, you can't fool your own mother, I know you too well." We all giggled. Mom was the greatest. She always talked to us, instead of yelling like dad did. It was fun talking with mother because she knew a lot and made what she said sound fun to listen to. I looked at my school schedule again, and I saw I had drama and debate. Drama was something I never had, so this will be new.

"Mom, my schedule says I have drama. What happens if they put on a play, and I have to change right there with the other girls?"

"We will see what we can do, if it happens."

"Mom, when did you want to become a fashion designer?"

"When I was young, I liked to draw pictures of dresses and skirts, pantsuits. I wasn't good at drawing, but your grandma helped me a lot. Grandma even told me that one day I would design my own fashions and own a fashionable ladies store. Now I own several fashion boutiques. I mean, they aren't earth shakingly famous, but they do have a lot of business. As long as I pay my employees, the taxes on the stores, which I own outright, and pay the fashion houses for my deliveries, the rest is ours to do with as we please. That is like my salary. I take what is left over after everbody else is paid. But right now, the bank account is bursting," she giggled, "with money, so we're not broke by any means.

"When I file for a divorce from your father, he will want to take the boutiques, but we can prove that this is a hardship divorce, because of his bigotry, his contants rants and rages, his all the time drinking when something doesn't go his way. But, maybe he can't get them anyway, because I had them before we were married. Well, I had a majority of them. The ones I opened when we were married I might let him have just out of 'get the hell out of our life' kindness. I will have to see your lawyer tomorrow, Neecie."

"I will go and give him a call sis. He should be able to see us." She made the call, and then after a 'we'll be there', she hung up. "He said he can see us at four tomorrow afternoon, because he is in court all morning, and then he has clients to see at his office. You heard me say we will be there."

"Thank you, sis. I don't know what we would have done if it wasn't for you."

"Doris, sisters have to stick together, and we are no different. Mom taught us that when we were younger than the girls." They both hugged each other.

Mom started crying, and Aileen and I both joined them for a group hug. "Mom, it's going to be okay, you'll see. We will get through this together. Dad's going to be angry that we left, but he scared me, and I could see it in your eyes too. He scared you not only with his yelling but in what he said too."

"He had no right calling you a pervert. You are a sweet child, and he thinks that because you were born a male, you have to be like him. I can see it isn't you to be a man, because your mind isn't set up like that. Your mind is gentle and caring, not like a man would be, but like a young woman would be. You have always liked the softer things in life. I never said anything, because when I saw you, I just saw you as my daughter. Now you are my oldest daughter, and I can see by the way you act with Aileen that you love your sister very much. Honey, what would you do, if someone were to hurt Aileen, or me, or aunt Neecie?"

"I'm...not really...sure. Probably look for a rock to throw at the guy."

"See, you didn't say give him a sound pounding like a boy would. You thought about a softer alternative. Honey, I am so proud of you and Aileen for several reasons. The first and foremost is that you are my special angels, sent to make me happy. And you both do. We have a couple of hours yet before dinner needs to be started. What should we have?"

"Pizza!!!" Aillen and I both exclaimed. Mom and aunt Neecie giggled.

"Well, then pizza it is. What kind should we order?"

"I like sausage and mushrooms, black olives, and onions."

"Ewwwww onions, what did the girl in The Crow say about onions? Oh, yeah! She said when the officer bought her a hot dog, "no onions because they make you fart, big time."

"Aileen! Well, alright, we can forget the onions, but we should have the rest because then we will have a full meal. Is that alright with you, young lady?"

"Yes, mother," Aileen sounded defeated.

"Oh honey, next time we will order your pizza. I will make sure they leave the onions off. I can cut up an oinion for those that want some. Okay, what time should we have it delivered?"

"Just before the Blue Collar Comedy Tour comes on." Aunt Neecie had said. "We can have pizza while we're laughing at Ron White."

"Okay, I will order it now, then, and tell them it is to be delivered by at least six fifty five and no later. That way we can get it dished up, and have a pizza party. Now, they only have Pepsi products there, so what does everybody want for sodas?"

I said I wanted a Sierra Mist, Aileen wanted a "Dew", and mom and aunt Neecie wanted regular Pepsi. She ordered the pizza, and they knew aunt Neecie's address really well, and said they would have it here on time. So, we just sat around channel surfing to see if anything good was on. Nothing good was on yet, so we just sat and talked.

"Stacie, how did you enjoy shopping as a girl?"

"It's fun, mom. But I already knew that when I bought my first outfit. I really had fun trying everythig on, and the sales lady asked me if everything was okay. I told her I was kind of shy to ask her, but could she fit me for a training bra. She didn't even bat and eyelash. She got her tape measure and measured me for my first bra. It wasn't only fun, it was kind of exciting and naughty at the same time. Naughty because I am a male shopping for panties, slips, bras, dresses. I did get carried away and lost track of time. When I got home you and dad were in the kitchen, so I went right to my room. I hid my clothes way in the back of my closet, where nobody really looks, except the person whose clothes are in there.

"I would get dressed in these clothes from time to time, but never really took a really good look at my reflection. Not until just before I came down for dinner. Mother, I don't have enough makeup. I need a thing of eye shadow and blush. I have all the rest."

"Do you have a lip liner?"

"No, I need that too."

"If it is alright with you two, I will pick you up from school tomorrow. Stacie, you are fourteen, girl, and it is time you had your ears pierced. Aileen has had hers pierced since she was six. So tomorrow, I will pick you both up, and we will have your ears piereced, Stacie, and then get you a few pairs of nice earrings for when the holes in your ears heal. You need a few necklaces too. Stacie, do you know how to polish your toenails?"

"Yes, mother, I do."

"Okay, I will get you a manicure kit, and base and top coats and a thing of nail polish. You can't go to school with naked nails. For tonight you can use mine."

"Thanx mom, I really love talking to you, You have such great ideas."

"I have such great ideas? You little faker, you, you had this planned from the start. Didn't you?"

"Oh, mother! How could you think such a thing that moi could be so devious." I giggled "But you know what, I love being devious." I giggled again.

"It is a woman's legacy to be devious because sometimes a man needs a little push. So we devise schemes to push him, not hard, but enough for him to think our idea was his idea to begin with." We all giggled. So this is what is meant by girl talk. You know, I love it. "Tell you what, why don't I get my polish things, and polish your toes?"

"I would like that mother. Thank you."

She left to go and get her nail polish and whatever else she needed to polish my toenails. I thought also, that she was going to polish my fingernails too. She came back with a small kaboodle that had her makeup, nail kit, emory boards, top and base coats, and her polish. There were several shades in there too. She set to work on my feet, by placing cottonballs between my toes, and then taking a toenail clipper, she clipped my nails straight across. Then she used the large emory board, and began to file the tops of the nails, as well as the edges. Then she took an alcohol wipe and wiped off the tops of my toes. After she was through with that, she took the base coat, and put it on my toenails. When she was done with both feet, she put on two coats of Rapidly Rosey by Maybelliene New York. A number two hundred was on the bottle cap. She then used a small hand fan to dry the nail polish, and after about fifteen minutes, declared them both ready for the top coat. After the top coat was on, it was let set for five minutes, mom sprayed something on top of my toenails.

"Mom, what is that you're spraying?"

"It is a hardener. It keeps the polish from chipping. Now let that set for a few minutes, and I will do your fingernails."

When mom was finished with my fingernails, and she did them the same way she did my toenails, she started on my hair. Big day for Stacie Ann the girl tomorrow. It is her first day at school. So I just sat there and let mom pamper me. It felt really good. I guess being a girl isn't all that bad. You know what I mean. It felt really good to have someone fuss over you, even if she was your mother. Mom said that after the Blue Collar Comedy Tour was over, she wanted to make sure my hair would stand the day tomorrow after a night in bed, so she rolled my hair up in curlers. Then put an awful smelling something on the rollers, and she said that was a setting solution and will hold the curl better. She said I was to leave them in all night, and take out the curlers in the morning. She said she would help me.

By the time she was through, it was almost time for the program to come on. There was a ring at the door, and mom answered it. It was the pizza, right on time. Mom took it in the kitchen, and got out the plates, and dished it up on paper plates. She poured us each a plastic cup of soda, and then we all sat down to watch the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Of course, Larry the Cable Guy came out first, and had us rolling on the floor. The best part is he did it all with a straight face, like he was serious. That was even funnier. While we were listening to Larry the Cable Guy, mom showed me how to pick up a slice of pizza after just having my nails done. I had to use the pads of my fingers. She said only guys grab with one hand. Ladies use both hands at both ends of the pizza. She showed me by placing the pads of her right hand under the crust just a touch, and her thumb on the upper part of the crust. Then she lifted the pointy part of the slice with her left hand, and picked up the slice. Then mom had me try it, and she said if I mussed up my polish, she would do my fingernails over again. After Larry, Ron White came out. His type of humor, mom had said, was more for drinking parties. I asked mom what was in the glass he was holding, and she said she didn't really know, because she said she didn't think they were allowed to drink alcohol on tv.

Aileen had to be the smarty pants of the group, and told mom there are a lot of actors, actresses and comedians that drink alcohol when they are on stage. Mom asked her where she heard that from, and she said from the yahoo news page. I really think Aileen is a midget that mom adopted or something, because she sure acted older than twelve years old. I giggled at the thought out loud.

"What is so funny, Stacie?"

"Nothing mom, I was just thinking that Aileen has to be a midget you adopted because she acts older than twelve years old." Aileen crinkled her face a little, and stuck her tongue out at me. Then we all giggled.

"You may be right, Stacie. She may have switched places with your real sister, and made me think she was Aileen." We all giggled and Aileen stuck her tongue out at mom.

This was fun, just us girls enjoying the evening, having pizza and half watching and half listening to Ron White. When Ron White was through, Bill Engvall came out. He did the "here's your sign" jokes, and some we had heard before, but they still made us laugh.

"Mom, do girls always have fun like this?"

"Well dear, Cyndi Lauper said girls just want to have fun, and she is right, because we do like to have fun. There is a serious side to being female too, but when we want to relax and unwind, we will call our girl friends over and make it a fun night. This is what we call a girls night in, Stacie. It is just us girls getting together and having fun. Sometimes, we even play card games, or board games, or we talk girl talk, like we're doing right now. Oh! Here comes Jeff Foxworthy."

"He's cute."

"Aileen!"

"Sorry, mom."

But I silently agreed with Aileen. Jeff Foxworthy was very cute. What was that song. Oh yeah, whose bed have your boots been under. I thought to myself that Jeff Foxworthy could put his boots under my bed anytime. I giggled silently. I didn't want to explain this.

"Stacie, you giggled again. Anything I need to know?"

"Erm, no, mom." She looked at me with a wry smile that kind of said, 'uh huh, sure you don't'.

When the Blue Collar Comedy Tour was over, we all hugged each other, and Aileen and I went off to get in bed. So this was a girl's night in. This was a lot of fun.

"Oh! Stacie, let me see your nails." I showed her my fingernails, and there were no scratches or chips, so she said good night and hugged me again.

Tomorrow, Stacie the girl goes to school for the first time. Let's see how lost I can get on my first day in a new school.

After washing up, we got in to our nightgowns, and under the covers after we gave each other hugs and air kisses.

"Good night, sis, sweet dreams."

"You too, sis, sweet dreams."
______________________________________________________________________________
I kept this chapter short because it was just to show how women bond with each other. I have had a lot of girls nights in and a lot of girls nights out. I'm not sure, but I think I may have gotten the lineup on the first Blue Collar Comedy Tour mixed up. If I did, I am sorry, but I haven't seen it for a couple of years.

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

All You Need Is Love - Part 3

When will we hear from the dad? I would like to hear what he has to say.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Dad's side is coming up in Part 5

We have Stacie Ann's first day at school as a girl. So that will be Part 4.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."