Mistress of the Wardrobe Part 4

Printer-friendly version
  

Part 4

I began to notice how nice and smooth I felt all over even my pubic hair was gone. It had slimmed my arms and legs some as well. I seemed to be following his instructions without any hesitation; the FireQue was in full effect now I guessed. Not only was my skin soft and smoothly hairless but also paler and blemish free, I had become very pliable and docile…ooohh sssub...submissive. A GIRL !

Part 4

Jacksons Inspection

Relieved that we could find a solution to my dilemma I stood and faced Jackson. Looking up into his face I voiced a thought that I had while in the bath cabin. “Jackson do you like me? What I mean is do you find me attractive as a young lady?”

“You know as a man and a woman, is that why you are going out of your way to be nice to me?”

He stammered and stepped back looked at the floor for a moment. “Milady, I have to admit that I do find you very beautiful and I am as you said attracted to you but I also have to tell you that…I…I’m jealous of you too.”

“How is that?”

“I wish that I was the Mistress still…not that I made a very good one mind you but, I do miss dressing and being treated as a young lady of means and position. I think that I would trade places with you, quicker than you would think. With the Doctors new formula I could make a fine young lady and I wish it were so. I…I’m sorry if that is a shock to you, but you asked a straight forward question and that is my answer.”

His more feminine side was definitely beginning to make itself known.

“Mr. Jackson” I began. “I think that you would make a fine and very beautiful young lady. And as long as we are planning and scheming together, admittedly about other things then we should make some kind of arrangement with this ‘mad’ Doctor to make it so. Do you not think it is possible that there could be two young ladies aboard the Acies Mentis?”

“Ohh Allyson, do you think you could do that? I would just adore being your maid and confidant, if we could do that I could be out from under the direct command of the rotten First Officer and the Captain too!”
“Well we will just have to see what we can connive out of the ‘mad ‘Doctor then shan't we?”

“Ohh I do love you Allyson Sophié Rachélle Marcéau-Chantil.” We both began to laugh and fell upon the bed hugging and laughing.

When we had recovered ourselves sufficiently, he had me stand and remove the robe and then the corset which I had completely forgotten about, it being that comfortable. Untying the laces took a few minutes but I barely felt that I had been wearing a restrictive garment at all. Then it was off with the knickers and in the full light of day Mr. Jackson slowly walked around me and then knelt down in front of me closely examined my private parts, never touching me there, asking me to turn and face the other way he looked at my legs and bottom then my back for traces of hair of blemishes, he mumbled the explanation, but I also realized that he was admiring my girlish form as well.

Standing and loosening my hair pins the heavy mass fell to it’s natural length down my back, I raised both my hands and brushed it behind my ears to stay in place out form infront of my eyes.

I began to notice how nice and smooth I felt all over even my pubic hair was gone. It had slimmed my arms and legs some as well. I seemed to be following his instructions without any hesitation; the FireQue was in full effect now I guessed. Not only was my skin soft and smoothly hairless but also paler and blemish free, I had become very pliable and docile…ooohh sssub...submissive. A GIRL !

I had to admit that I was sort of swept along with these dramatic changes and at the same time some part of me craved these feminine things and desired more. Was this the formula’s influence or my mothers influence or just my past experiences catching up with me? Or was this me,… deep down inside where only true imagining resides and any falsehood is decried in the loudest peel. The place you know that everyone has but never visits. A place that I was on a journey too. I had dreamt of this place - where lounging on satin covered daybeds dressed in silks and lace, smelling of lilacs and lavender, asking the maid for some more lemonade. I adored this vision before my eyes, wanting it for myself, no demanding that I be treated regally.

Servants scurrying about bringing, a fan, or cool drink, tea and biscuits. I would shoo them away for a moment of private luxury, languishing in the sensuous feeling of my silks and satins covered in lace and ribbons. Yes my dream. But now it was within reach just for the asking, but I wouldn’t reach. I would absorb all that Jackson and the Doctor could help me with, changing as a person as well as a gender. Then I could lead my life as the dream, in comfort and luxury.

Smooth and silky

Standing there au natural was enjoyable too. I was smooth and soft no unsightly hair anywhere but my head and my eyebrows.

“You shouldn’t have to shave again, the FireQue will take care of your body hair from now on and we’ll just have to worry about your eyebrows. But until it really takes effect we will just have to keep an eye out for any stray ones that may pop in.” Jackson said slowly as he finished his inspection of my body.

Free of all that hair I stood and let the warm air in the cabin wash over me, to be honest making me feel wonderful. As the air wafted around my now sleek body, my shoulder-blade length hair hanging behind me.

‘Uuuhhhmmmm..That feels wonderful. Opening my eyes I saw Jackson,… looking … studying …Me!

Pishaw what did I care now? He had seen me naked and by the same token he had to have seen himself when he was Mistress, right?

I felt wonderful, the air was warm and moist as was I. My body was alive with sensations, ripples of pleasure traveled my legs as the cares shed off of me slowly and sensually. Making me tingle and inhale slightly before opening my eyes again and seeing Jackson look at me smiling. I was warm and soft, fuzzy in mind and feeling languid …and …wanting…what I didn’t know.

Walking over and standing close Jackson said, ”Turn around and let me look properly now … slowly”.

I had been turning as he spoke, my body softly glowing in the light. As I completed my turn and faced Jackson again he reached forward with both hands and tried to wrap my waist in both his hands. “You’ll need a little help there to start off with until the FireQue really takes effect on your system.”

How nice this all felt, warm and lovely. Sensuous even. I was soon lost in the reveling of how my body felt.

Jackson however was on a schedule of sorts, picking up the corset again he beckoned me over to grasp the lacing handle securely fastened to the bulkhead. Wrapping the garment around me again he quickly fastened the front to my body. Then returned to the rear to begin the lacing. Pulling the top laces snug and then the bottom laces as well, I felt the pressing in on my sides and ribs. He continued to pull in the laces until my breath was difficult to draw in and then tied them off.

I complained to him. “Mr. Jackson why have you tightened this corset in on me so that I cannot breathe? Please go back and loosen it so that I may be comfortable in drawing breath? Please.”

“No Allyson I will not loosen it you must become used to this soon and the only way is to tighten it periodically so that the training of your waist begins, beside we don’t have much time until the Doctor arrives.”

So saying he then pulled a fresh pair of knickers from the cabinet and knelt to allow me to step into them. Again the silken feel of the soft cloth was an amazing sensation for me as it slid up to settle on my nipped in waist. The red satin robe followed and I was presentable again. Moving over to seat myself on the freshly made bed, Jackson fetched a pair of slippers from the storage space beneath the bed. Slipping then on my small feet, I lifted up my feet looking past the folds of red robe to see that my feet were also shod in red.

Now that I was attired the cabin was becoming warm and seeing this I was handed a small fan to hold and use to fan myself to keep cool.

Jackson then stepped close and leaned in to my ear whispering. “Milady please be cautious when speaking with the Doctor who I expect momentarily, he is an odd duck to be sure but we must be careful when dealing with him he could make our paths difficult. Do you understand me dearest Allyson?”

I nodded my head in the affirmative and he then kissed me gently on the cheek, my hand flew to my cheek and I blushed readily. Because I had felt the warmth of his lips upon my cheek and …I liked it. Oh my that FireQue or was it?
Jackson stepped back and sat on the stool. Close at hand but beyond reach of my fingers.

The Doctor

There was a knock at the door, it opened and a man in a white shirt and black vest stepped in, as I was cooling myself with the fan provided by Jackson who sat stone faced now that the Doctor had entered the cabin. The chill draft that the opening door created swept up my robe to my legs, causing a small shiver that only Jackson took note of.

I looked at him from my seated position. ‘So this is the ‘mad’ Doctor eh.’

Well he looked ordinary enough, of medium height and slightly paunchy ‘round the middle. Salt and pepper hair and whiskers that covered his cheeks, but not his chin. Ahh mutton chops they are called, yes that was them and they looked slightly comical on his pinkish face. His expression was thoughtful but not unkind.

He spoke. “Allyson Sophié Rachélle Marcéau-Chantil …my.. my you do have great potential. I’m Doctor Henry Matson and Ill be the one looking after you while you stay on this ship.” His voice however made me want to giggle and poke Jackson in fun, it was high pitched and slightly squeaky. I just smiled pleasantly at him not daring to speak lest I break out in laughter.

I looked more closely at this new intrusion, and was surprised by the large sloppy trousers and worn buckle shoes.

“Jackson may have told you we do have this little elixir that I have converted from the jungle root that I discovered in south Brazil.”

‘Oh he was full of himself too.’

“With this and some trial and error experimentation, I have further refined the areas of the body it affected and in what way …breasts, legs, bottom, hips! Just recently I made a small break through in that I have gotten the Formula as I call it - too make some rather drastic changes to the brain and subsequent behaviour and sexuality of the subject, thereby affecting character and personality.”

‘I had realized this over the past day that this ‘new formula’ was indeed affecting changes to my mind.’

“The Spanish thief we last had onboard, proved that a complete personality change was effected.” He just seemed to ramble on no matter what, and seemed not to require any answer form me.

“And in what areas I needed to do more research and then retest, like muscle tone and density, shoulder shape and size as well as hips and mons, those are very important. And again I was lucky and found a plant extract that combined with the Formula to create the perfect form I was looking for, both mind and body coaxed into the pupae. Thus to chrysalis, then To emerge a beautiful butterfly after breaking the bonds that hold you . Well not really in your case.”

“My, My you are a beautiful child and will make a gorgeous Lady ready to perform and confirm the role of the Mistress of the Wardrobe on this ship and with its crew and Captain.”

He took a breath; all this had come tumbling out of his mouth quicker than you could say the Kings rhyme.

“It has been fascinating and rewarding at times. You are going to be the recipient of all that testing and refinement. I am trying to create the perfect woman to help keep my crew and my Captain happy and the ship lucky.”

“I know that you are going to help me do this, because the alternative is not nice. For you in the extreme ..death, the rest of us …temporary insanity until we get back home again. And being a loosing voyage, …indebtedness for some of us.”

“You can speak child.”

I decided right there to set him right and show that I was not some uneducated bumpkin from the streets.

”Fallaces sunt rerum species” (translation “The appearances of things are deceptive”)

“Hoho I have been lead astray by the Purser who told me he found you being accosted by street ruffians, he assumed that you were one as well. Latin I am impressed.”

I spoke again this time in French. “Quiconque flatte ses maá®tres les trahit.” (Translation “He who flatters his superiors betrays them.”)

“But do you speak the Kings English, child don’t you?”

I had to be succinct as he was beginning to grate on my nerves. “I speak English very well Doctor Matsen, thank you.”

“Oh you have spark child, and I see that Jackson has been busy preparing you and instructing you in the ways of the Mistress of the Wardrobe. That is good for you will need to be presentable soon, the FireQue will help immensely, and it will work quickly as well.”

The List

“I wanted to have a hand in the selection of the Mistress. Because of the incredibly bad choice of the last one, he glanced over with a sneer at my friend Jackson, it almost ruined the Captain and the Investors, I, and this we could not let happen again! So someone had to be found for this voyage before we left Liverpool and it looked grim for some time while we were there. No likely candidates answered the call that was put out for hands to sail on the Acies Mentis new voyage. It seems that all that did sign on were middle-aged experienced sailors, hairy stocky and not suitable for conversion at all.”

“I was out getting my own last minute supplies when you came aboard, on the last afternoon that we were in port no less! I must congratulate the Purser again. When he told me the circumstances of your coming onboard I knew then how fortuitous this voyage will now be. Because it was fated that you would be sailing with us to bring us luck and fortune. This is the way of it.”

“But I am pleased to see that you are taking all this so well ..And haven’t thought of escape, or have you? Its not worth it you’d never make it in the open water. So forget that.”

“Now as far as the changes that you should be expecting, they are simply put, I have made a list.”

  • You will remain 5’ 3’’ and not grow more than that while you take the FireQue.
  • As you live up to your end of this pact you will remain about 7 ½ stone soaking wet.
  • Your hips will spread to accommodate childbirth though this is not possible of course.
  • Your bottom will add fattiness and plump just like a woman’s.
  • You will not be growing any more body hair anywhere.
  • Your male parts will shrink and recede into the abdomen leaving only the head of your penis visible looking remarkably like a clitoris.
  • Your gonads will retreat up into their natural cavity thus disappearing altogether after shrinking to a smaller size, the resulting empty sack will shrink and also disappear. A cleft will take it’s place and soon enough a cavity will also be created, this will take the place as of a natural vagina with one that may be penetrated and may provide you with some stimulation. But this will take time. And I’m not completely sure of the results yet.
  • Your new rectum - due to the new Formula - will lubricate by itself when you get excited and will respond to stimulation just as a womans quim does.
  • Your new clitoris will also respond to stimulation causing …I hope an orgasmic sensation.
  • Your waist will shrink to accommodate the corsets that you will need and remain around eighteen inches while you continue to take the FireQue.
  • Your breasts will grow to be small but upturned and sensitive I believe the term is perky.
  • This will especially be noticeable when you begin to dress in silks and satins, soft fur and angora or cashmere.
  • Your arms will narrow and become dainty.
  • The Fingers as well, elegant and thin - nails longer.
  • Your Neck and Shoulders will become delicate and Adams apple free.
  • Your Skin will be smoothed and soft, all blemishes will be removed.
  • Lips plumped and shaped nicely in a cupids bow.
  • Narrowing of the chin, high cheek bones, little pert nose turned up at the end.
  • Your ears will be pierced.
  • Your mysterious green eyes will be shaded and enhanced.
  • Thick curled long blond hair to arrange and brush. Turning to brunette occasionally.
  • Many of your thoughts will begin turning truly feminine.
  • You will now always dress as femininely as possible in the clothes provided.
  • You will fulfill your role and act as a Lady should.
  • The longer you act in this role the more natural it will become.
  • You will learn to love your femininity and use it.
  • Once you get a taste of your man ~ your desires will increase for him you will begin to LUST after him.
  • If you abstain from taking the FireQue ~ in hopes of freeing yourself you will begin getting fat, so that every crew member knows that you have failed in your duties (sorry its a built in fail safe).
  • You will become more submissive around males and authority figures.
  • If you continue to use the FireQue over a long period of time you will develop a usable vaginal cavity but no corresponding ovaries or other internal female organs.
  • There is one side effect: you will become more anxious and nervous, but we have learned to counter that. We will encourage you to take the ‘medicine’ for this condition later today.
  • The Captain will be serviced. In any and all ways that he wishes. But not while in view of any crewman or Officer. This is part of the bargain I made with him and part of the bargain you made with the ship.
  • You will be dressed as a lady at all times.

Horror! What had I gotten myself into?

‘They had been correct he is a madman. This list of demands sounded serious and I wasn’t sure that I could …ooohh who are you kidding you would want to even if you weren’t dressing up in female clothes.’ Was my first thought.

‘Not with men! With girls and ladies, soft and sensuous creature all by themselves. And I was going to join their ranks, become a soft and sensuous creature in my own right Live the pampered easy life in silks and satin dresses that my mother and auntie had planned for me all along.’

‘I was going to be Milady d Eonése, on this ship I could be that person and lose myself in the masquerade, with the help of the FireQue. How far could I go? I didn’t know at that moment but, did I have a choice? By signing onto this ship in particular I had made a choice hadn’t I?

I had, although I didn’t realize it at the time. Now it was up to me, I had wanted in earlier days to do nothing more than dress up in my mothers clothes and become the lady of my fantasies, but now it was real - these men wanted a Regal Lady for their ship to bring them luck and provide certain favors to them. And this was unavoidable, the alternative was death.

So I resigned myself to live as in my dreams and fulfill my obligations to the ship and crew. I was now of a more positive mind, and actually looked forward to my new silk and satin Dresses! Petticoats! Blouses and Corsets, Ribbons and Bows, Camisoles, Chemises Silk Satin and Lace Ooohhh my…Bonnets! Stockings, Pantaloons and …!

I wonder what my mother would think of this turn of events? She who tried to sell me off through marriage. To climb up the social ladder. Perhaps once this was over I could come back and pay my home a visit as my new persona, seeking to know if my own mother recognizes me or not? Pretending to be a lady who had met her son some years ago.

Well no matter, I had a life trial ahead of me and I wasn’t going to fail it! I’m going to reach out and grab this new way of life, embrace it as my own, well perhaps not the unpleasant aspect of the Captains affections. But Jackson and I would come up with a course of action that will prevent him from even touching me. I definitely didn’t want to do that! I mean he was a man for gods sake, and I just couldn’t bring myself to have him touch me in that way. I would throw myself overboard first!

The Doctor broke into my soul searching.

“Just think of all the admiration that will come to you. The desire and lust that some will always feel, but then there is society manners and politeness in company. No work, nothing but specified duties and those easy enough just make yourself as beautiful and as Ladylike as possible. The rest will take care of itself. You will be treated regally by the entire ships company…well almost the entire ships company …the Captain has other ideas and wishes.”

And again with the Captain, what is this man some kind of sadist or a Doctor?

“Now …soon as you progress into the regimen of the New Formula you will develop a narrow cleft in place of your penis, soon after that and using the skin of your scrotal sac it will form a channel into you ….as your hips widen to accommodate birthing, this will simultaneously create a channel, small at first, but this will deepen and grow into a passable womans vagina complete with lubrication and feeling for you as well as stimulus of your clitoris. But these changes take time.”

I butted in to this speech saying “That's already begun.”

“What has?” he shot out at me.

“The shrinking thing” I whispered.

He just carried on.

“That is why I have further modified the Formula so that you may endure the Captain’s sexual prowess and may come to enjoy them. By activation of the secretatiopzin gland I was able to allow you to become excited as a woman does and secrete lubrication so you could take your lover and feel the length and width without pain. There is a slight numbness in the area when you secrete, unless I miss my guess, you will be glad of this once he wants you, repeatedly over and over and over again. And again.!”

He actually laughed manically at the end of that diatribe.

I was beginning to seriously dislike the Doctor thoroughly.

Fainting

All through this little speech I had been sitting wrapped in my robe with him towering over me. I felt small and weak even and a tad faint. This was happening way too fast I was not really fully aware of what and how everything fit together, but prayed that I would live through it. This was moving along too quickly and I frankly needed to lie down …I looked around and my head spun, my eyes rolled back and I dropped like a sack of bones face first onto the deck.

Blackness.

Dream Woman

I dreamt and floated…I saw a vision of a wonderful breathtakingly beautiful woman dressed very regally, she had long blond hair twisted around her head with tendrils hanging down to her jaw line, piled on her up in the most attractive coiffure, ear rings dangling down to brush her perfect alabaster swan neck and shoulders disappearing into a tight Victorian Tea gown of emerald green, a graceful hand held a pure white lace fan drifting back and forth. Her bosom and waist were obviously corseted but she stood majestically alone in a crowd of people.

Glancing toward me her eyes bored into my soul and I saw visions of myself standing beside her dressed identically she looks at me with such love and longing that my heart melted and my knees got very weak and wobbly. I tried to catch my breath and felt all giddy and warm all of a sudden.

I didn’t realize it but I must have fallen over, but before I could hit the floor,…She catches me before I fall, cradled in her arms she tells me she loves me and lowers her lips to mine, our lipstick mingles and my heart beats faster, she breathes deeply and … things shift… I float above a garden where ladies have gathered for a tea party. Two striking young ladies dressed in the finest silk gowns and hair dressed just so, stand out from the others.

They walk confidently through the milling ladies and find seats waiting for them, I seemed to have followed them of all the Ladies here these were the two that took my notice the most. The Brunette I remember standing next to the blond goddess. She did look vaguely familiar. Looking closer…I could just perceive a small smile on her lips..

Waking

I opened my eyes and focused on my surroundings and saw the Doctor with a small vial in his hand. I was lying on the bunk, in my cabin. I recognized it.

Jackson, I suppose had picked me up from the floor and laid me down on my bed still in my robe.

“Its just smelling salts for fainting young females to be be”. He said with a small smile. I wasn’t so sure because I did feel different. Maybe this is what it feels like to be so free of the stress and worry of a male life, and to know that my body would be changing to match that dreamy eyed vision in my mind. My mind told me we were one. I was beginning to believe it, and live it.

I tried to rest back on the pillow, feeling my flesh tingle from my head to my toes and back again. Fatigued and hungry at the same time. I looked up at Jackson and told him I was thirsty. My voice croaking, me forhead damp with perspiration.

The Doctor looked down on me with disdain written all over his face. “Just a slight fever from the new Formula, I would imagine.”

Jackson had gotten me a swallow of water from the barrel near the cabinet. He gently raised my head and allowed me to sip that cool refreshment. Looking up at him with a small smile on my face I thanked him, he turned his head to scowl at the madman standing behind him.

“A little compassion would be in order Doctor” the sarcasm dripping from his voice.

“Yes, well perhaps ‘she’ needs to rest for some time.”

I had to do it now, rising up to my elbows I looked at Doctor Matsen. I let the ice in my voice come to the surface as well as I could. “If this is an example of the ‘care’ that you provide, then I have no choice but to say that I want Mr. Jackson here to be the one to look after me and minister to me. I will make a demand here, Doctor… you will clear Mr Jackson of all duties with the ship and allow him to be attendant to me from now on.”

Doctor Matsen blanched, then looked at Jackson. “No that is not possible, he has duties as a ships officer that even I cannot supersede. Your rebellion will be put down now.”

Finding new fire deep down I decided then and there to take some charge of proceedings from here.

“Doctor this is not something that you can fix with you new fangled Formula, this is me and I say that Jackson will become my personal attendant. After all if I was to tell the Purser or the Captain about your ‘caring methods’ jeopardizing the chances of me fully accepting the position of Mistress of the Wardrobe, thereby also jeopardizing the success of this voyage, what do you think would happen? Let alone what the crew would say or do.”

I had gathered some steam and headway now. “I also think that you will also let Mr. Jackson take this new FireQue, because it would be unseemly to allow a man to be the confidant and maid to a Lady that the crew and Captain all want me to be.” There I had said it.

I was determined that Jackson would be mine, my confidant and lady in waiting. I needed him, he was caring and kind, he wanted to get back into dresses and silks just as I would want ‘her’ to be. I realized at that moment that I really did love her.

Doctor Matsen stood back and considered for some moments, Jackson just looked down on me smiling from his kneeling position beside my bed. I wanted to wink at him to let him know that we could pull this off, but refrained from doing so until I was sure that we could do so.

“Well this is a fine turn of events, I’ll have to go a speak to the Captain and the other officers. They will have to pick up Jackson’s responsibilities if this is to happen, I don’t know if they will be to keen on the idea.”

“You will just have to convince them then, won’t you Doctor Matsen? Remember that the success of the voyage and sanity of the crew will depend on their answer, let them know that this is a small enough thing to allow to happen for their overall success. I have acquiesced to all things demanded of me, now there is something that I demand of them. Convince them Doctor Matsen, I know that you can.”

He nodded his head and turned to leave, when he opened the door he turned back and said. “I will let them know all that and I’ll return with an answer as soon as I can.”

“You do that Doctor” I said to the closed door, and then laid back on my soft pillow letting out a pent up sigh.

Jackson just looked down at me with a smile that threatened to split his face in half. “Gods Holy Trousers! Allyson Sophié you amaze me. I thought the Doctor was going to have a fit when you spoke that way to him.”

“I’m apologize Mr. Jackson, but I cannot have my life ruled over in that fashion. They will have to learn that if they want something from me, they will have to give something back in return.”

“Allyson also I must thank you for asking for me to look after you. I was shocked that you did but very happy at the same time, if they decide to allow me to be with you as your confidant and maid I would be very happy to serve you the best that I can,you know that don’t you? You little minx you had that all planned out all along didn’t you?”

I spoke honestly as I looked into his eyes. “No Mr Jackson, I didn’t plan that at all it just sort of came out, when he had done all that list thing, acting so pompous and righteous. He needed to be taken down a notch or three. And I really do want you by my side, I know of your desires to once again live the feminine side of life, you told me so.”

“Yes that is true and perhaps with the new Formula I can once again get back to that side.”

“Now give me some more water as I am parched and tired, I need to rest, as the good Doctor said.” I smiled up at him.

The Doctor comes back

I heard two bells in my slumber and it being the afternoon watch that meant 1pm. I opened my eyes and noticed Jackson curled up on the floor asleep. I didn’t know why he had slept on the floor but that would soon be remedied, I would not have him there. I would insist on his sleeping next to me in the bunk between silk sheets and duvet. That was just unacceptable, it may have suited the hounds in a great house but not here and certainly not with me here.

There was a scratching at the door, Jackson leapt up apparently his ears were attuned to that sound, however I was still startled by his sudden action. I had cried out a small “eep”. He turned to me and said a soft apology for waking me in that manner, I just waved it off and motioned to the door for him to see who was there.

Cracking the door slightly he then opened it fully to reveal the Doctor. Allowing him to enter into the cabin I came more fully awake and looked at him expectantly.

He came to his full height and said. “The Captain and Officers have been given your request, namely that Jackson be permanently assigned to your care. They have discussed it and come to the following decision, Jackson will be allowed to take over your daily care and attendance, His duties he normally performed will be picked up by the other Officers. However I am still in charge of the Health and well being of the Mistress of the Wardrobe as well as the preparation and administration of the FireQue.”

This last bit he stated with his normal amount of bombast and what I had come to know as his high opinion of himself.

“That is acceptable Doctor, Thank you.” I said very nicely, after all I didn’t want to alienate him completly and have an enemy that could possibly do me some harm.

He softened slightly and produced a folded piece of paper. “The Officers have also sent this along for you to read.” He leaned forward to pass it to me and dropped it on the floor, Jackson quickly scooped it up and passed it to me.
“Thank you Doctor Matsen, I’ll be sure to read this once I have had some lunch which Mr. Jackson was just about to get for me, weren’t you Mr. Jackson?”

“Yes of course Milady, I will be back momentarily, excuse me Doctor won’t you?”

He past the Doctor and opened the door with the the older man following him.
I sat back and contemplated the results of the day so far, leaning back on my pillow. I mused over how the Doctor had taken my demand and decided that he was not an enemy but he would still bear watching closely. I didn’t think that I had ruffled his feathers so badly that he hated me, but I would still tread carefully when he was around.

This letter was another matter altogether, I turned it over in my fingers and noticed for the first time that it was folded and sealed in wax, with someone’s ring leaving an imprint in the wax. Ahh this could tell me that the Officers don’t trust their ship’s doctor almost as much as I don’t trust him. That would have to be considered in any future plans that Jackson and I would be making.

I broke the seal and unfolded the stiff parchment paper, looked the handwriting over first before I commenced to reading what it contained. It was written in a fine flowing script, by a steady hand. Here is what it contained:

Officers Wardroom aboard the Acies Mentis
Friday, the 22nd day of April 1870

Allyson,
Congratulations on getting an assistant for yourself in your endeavors to become Mistress of the Wardrobe aboard the ‘Acies Mentis’.
We have all agreed to let Mr. Jackson become your personal attendant or maid if you prefer. As he was not a senior Officer his duties can be shared by the rest of us with no harm or neglect coming to any. We are doing this to preserve some tranquility onboard ship and to help you appear to bring good luck to the ship and her company.
We have instructed the good Doctor to provide Mr. Jackson with the FireQue as well as yourself to allow him to be changed and give the proper appearance of a lady in waiting to yourself.
We do need this to work as the last two voyages were not as prosperous as we had hoped, as you have no doubt been told.
A word of caution needs to be said here, the Doctor is not the nicest person to anger on this voyage. Please avoid doing so in the future, as he can bend the ear of the Captain to make life difficult for everyone. He is quite mad you know.
Instead may I suggest that you have Mr. Jackson bring the matter to my attention and I will then attend to it personally. Then we can get what ever is the problem taken care of with a minimum of fuss or bother.
I look forward to assisting you in any way that I can with anything that may concern you or cause you worry.

Yours in earnestness
Ian Harris
Purser

P.S. Please destroy this letter so that no one else is angered.

Well that certainly is a turn of events. I will have to let Mr. Jackson read this before I burn it. This could prove to be a very fortuitous arrangement.
A scratch at the door heralded Jacksons return with a meal. I bade him enter in a sweet voice and he did so with a sad look on his face. Before I could ask what was amiss, he had put his fingers to his lips to quiet me.

I waited until he had set the tray down on my bed side and brought the stool over and seated himself, before I broached the question. “What is amiss? My darling man.” Happy at seeing food and knowing the contents of the letter.

He snickered and said. “Oh nothing really, it’s just that the Doctor waylaid me in the corridor when I left to get the meal, and had a stern talking to about the usurpation of authority aboard this ship, he was very put out. But I’m just glad that he decided to berate me instead of you Allyson.”

I smiled and handed the letter from the Purser to him to read. He did so in short order and I saw his smile grow wide and he looked up at me when he had finished.

“Oh Milady you have done…”

“No, we have done it. My dear Lisele, you and I together, we have become co-conspirators.”

Leaning out to give her a heartfelt hug, she also embraced me, for some minutes we did not part. When we did, we were both smiling.

Then we burned the letter.

To be continued…

Please leave a comment!

Good, Bad or Ugly I would like to hear your thoughts and feelings about this story.

I’ve been writing this for the past few years and editing it now for posting here on BCTS, so my opinion is slightly biased. I’ve enjoyed its creation and metamorphosis into what you are reading here.

But I really need some feedback as to what others think of it and whether it is enjoyable to read or just a chore for you, the readers.

I’ve become very thick skinned over the years so you will not shock me or make me angry. But I do need to hear from you. Even those of you who are guests can leave a comment. It’s allowed here!

Please leave a comment. I’ll even add a pretty please with sugar on top.

Danielle

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Here's Your Comment

littlerocksilver's picture

Quite frankly, I am enjoying your sweet little story. There is an interesting non-fiction book titled "The Rivers Ran East" about exploring the upper Amazon. In it is a list of interesting herbs, plants and fruits and the medicinal properties of them. The FireQue may not be that far fetched.

Portia

Portia

Mistress of the Wardrobe Part 4

Where is that Spanish prisoner? Is there a possibility to meet him?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Prolly not

The prisoner was most likely tossed overboard a day or two before the ship entered port. He was Spanish, after all.

Spanish Thief

For many centuries the English and the Spanish have been at loggerheads with each other and fought more than a few wars against each other. With this built in animosity, it is not unlikely that this hapless individual was tossed overboard for shark kabobs. All will be revealed shortly.

Stay tuned Please

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

To hazard a guess

The Doctor did mention a side effect of withdrawal in becoming fat. It is not something he could have tested on just anyone, so the thief was likely the one affected.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

A good story

ALISON

'and I look forward to more of the same.Congratulations!

ALISON

Thank You

Thank You very much that means alot coming from Allyson Sophié Rachélle...Opps sorry I got confused there.

I'm very glad that you are enjoying Allyson Sophie's Adventures...there is more to come.

Thanks Very Much

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

co-conspirators.

I really like how, despite what has happened to her, she is thinking and using what power she has. But there is still the doctor, the first mate, and worst of all, the captain to deal with.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

As you said

Dorothy
As you said those people and situations have to be dealt with, most assuredly, I think I have about another two posts to set the stage as it were, before those people can begin to get their comeuppance.

I'm sorry there isn't more drama, I have yet to get the knack of creating enough conflict for my protagonists. Or perhaps I just draw it out too long and readers get bored.

Thank You for reading and caring!

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

After All That Talk...

...of the FireQue making its women docile and submissive to men, I was a little surprised at our heroine's ability to negotiate. I hope it's not something that'll go away with further dosage.

Though we know Lisele will still be around eight years later and we have no reason to think that she won't be completely devoted to Allyson, that "submissive to men" assertion also brings up the question as to whether a man (especially a ship's officer) could override her allegiance in a given instance.

One gets the impression that the captain (who apparently WON'T be around in eight years) likes his sex rough, and keeps it secret even from his subordinate officers. Did Lisele go through this when she was Mistress?

Eric

A spark of backbone can be

A spark of backbone can be found in even the most docile of people. So I found myself in a bit of a pickle. whether to give Allyson some strength at that point or to have her kowtow to the evil Doctor, you read the result.

Allyson and Lisele are both devoted to each other and are around eight years later, but as you saw there are some inklings of plans for the Captain.

Lisele Did suffer those indignations at the Captains hands and as you read she quickly joined into the 'conspiracy'. Liseile, I am afraid is somewhat set on vengence, how this comes about will be revealed as the story unfolds.

I hope you are enjoying this little foray into the nautical world of Allyson and Lisele.

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

Two Words

More! More!

Wren

OK OK

OK OK, can't you see my fingers are down to the bone now? LOL

Seriously I am working on it, I just finished working with Erin to resolve some issues about how I post the parts. Now that I have (or She has really) figured it out, I can move forward and post some more. I know that you know, there is more to come.
Thanks for that encouragement Wren!

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

My Comment

Very easy to read. Very few if any spelling, or punctuation errors. (picky, picky, picky).
Most of all, believeible and fun to read.

Sorry to be so negative. ha ha ha

Bill

you call

You call that negative...huh I'm indignant LOL

Thank You

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

This is a future B.C. CLASSIC!

WebDeb's picture

Your story is well written and thought out.
For me, it is one of those golden nuggets that stick within the mind for many hours after I have read each instalment.
I feel compelled to try and understand the protagonist.
If I may be so bold to divulge my theory of the plot so far?
Alyce has been transgendered from the day he was born.A combination of his male id and his mother and aunt's regime of petticoat government has made him rebel against his natural instincts.
He was never permitted the personal space to discover his predilections.
Hence, SERENDIPITY!Our protagonist is finding his self on his own terms.
At the risk of being too presumptuous our heroine will be victorious in all her endeavours.

In anticipation of future instalments.
WebDeb

well I'm not sure..

..about the Classic part, I do appreciate you saying so though.

I like your plot synopsis, and I agree with most of it, I didn't want to allude to him/her being Transgendered in the beginning because back then you were classed as Male, Female or Hermaphrodite. If you were classed as the latter your life was hell on earth, they didn't treat people of that persuasion very nicely, so I came up with the Formula to circumvent that discrimination.
Allyson may have been inter-sexed as well, but then society didn't use those terms back then either.

I'm glad that you are enjoying this nautical tale. I was just proofing the next part and had to take a break for a few minutes, so I came up to BCTS and saw your comments, I had to reply back, I've seen and read your stories before so I definitely had to write back.

Thanks again and the next part will be posted soon.

Love and hugs to you and yours
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

The alignment of power!

Allyson now has Jackson and the Purser on side, a good start.

Me thinks the Doctor get's his kicks from watching the Captain having sex, probably from a concealed viewing location.

Otherwise how would he know what the Doctor goes in private:
"There is a slight numbness in the area when you secrete, unless I miss my guess, you will be glad of this once he wants you, repeatedly over and over and over again. And again"

Great story Danellie! Thank you.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

requirements

As far as it seem, it would be nice to castrate captain first, then he can require services!!!
Robin

Patience

Patience Patience, one must allow the Author's story to unfold like a fine wine it must be savored, not guzzled like a $4 Guinness, though I can readily enjoy those too.

I could put your words into action.

However I was been planning to....no that would be cheating now wouldn't it?

Soon Robin soon, all will be revealed (I just posted a new part, enjoy)

Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."

divider_001a.jpg
Danielle_O

"Life is pain, Princess ~ anyone telling you different is trying to sell you something."