Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 5

Printer-friendly version

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure

By Melanie E.

Page 5

"Buy the belt... err, girdle, that is."

----------

The decision is tough, but after mulling over what to do you finally decide on the belt. Girdle. Whatever.

"How much for the girdle-thingy?"

The vaguely humanoid figure in the tattered robe looks you up and down before raising what you desperately hope is a hand and pointing at the bag in your hand. "How much ya got?"

"Dunno."

"Half that."

You start to object, even in your vulnerable position knowing a scam when you see one, but before you can so much as mutter "fiddlesticks" the bag is snatched from your hands and emptied on the table. The figure cackles gleefully before shoveling what is quite obviously less than half of the coins back into the sack along with the remainder of his sandwich.

"Here's yer money, and yer girly belt," he says, handing you both, then spinning you around. "Now, off you go, much to do."

"Hey!" You call, but it is too late, as you tumble out the window to the grass below.

Picking up your much reduced bag of coins (and sandwich) as well as your newly acquired girly-belt -- sorry, girdle -- you make a bee line for the lamp that still rests in the center of the plaza. Both the blacksmith's shop and Arwen's now have "closed" signs hanging in their doors, leaving you little choice but to head arbitrary-north. You grab the lantern on your way, never knowing when the light could come in handy.

After about half an hour of walking, during which you run through every possible scenario and still find no logical conclusion to how a simple trip to pick up some jujubees could have morphed into a magical quest, you come across an intersection in the road, complete with an all too convenient signpost. You read the choices, and after adjusting your internal compass to compensate for learning you've actually been heading south, lean against a nearby tree as you think.

What do you do?

---Turn East, toward the Village Of Villagers
---Turn West, entering the Woods of Adventuresome Adventuring And Squirrels
---Continue South, into the Swamp of Icky But Actually Quite Harmless Things

----------
The voting begins...NOW!("Page 4" posted on 1/21/2011, voting to close at noon CST on 1/22/2011)

NOTES: Yes, the adventure is taking a decided turn for the silly, but it's all in good fun, so hopefully no one minds.

What does the girdle do? What's going on? What kind of sandwich did the thing leave to mold among your coinage? Vote, and ye shall discover!

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Go West

WebDeb's picture

To the "Enchanted Wood?" in searh of adventure.

Pickles: A TG Choose Your Own Adventure: Page 5

---Continue South, into the Swamp of Icky But Actually Quite Harmless Things

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I gotta

say west

i agree

---Turn West, entering the Woods of Adventuresome Adventuring And Squirrels

East always East

RAMI

For several reasons, religious, and fraternal East is the proper direction to proceed,when starting or continuing any importnat quest.

Luckily, there is no choice of North in the direction of the Thule.

RAMI

RAMI

East to the village

KevSkegRed's picture

Maybe there's other shops or market stalls to acquire more equipment.

Or an inn full of adventurers looking for a quest.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

Go East...

Time for some people. Hugs,Wendy Marie

Wendy Marie

I'm gonna turn east

---Turn East, toward the Village Of Villagers

I mean, ought there not be at least someone willing to share local gossips and legends? I don't like to walk in the dark.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Go West

Well, they have squirrtels...

Wren

Have you ever played a game

Rage of Mages? It is an oldish 1990-s game, coming from Russian developer. The fun is, the very first enemy you meet there is none other than a squirrel. A big one. :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

In the words of the Goddess Hillary, ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

"It takes a village!"

Though Squirels indicates a possible merge with El Goonish Shrive, which wouldn't be too bad.

A pre-teen boy would definitely pick the swamp with icky things.

BE a lady!

the swamp

harmless sounds good to me....

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

The swamp, the swamp...

... no adventurer ever went wrong in picking the swamp. Just look at Flash Gordon, or Luke Skywalker! (Okay, so Flash ended up risking his life multiple times and then getting captured by the birdmen, but Luke only got his ship swallowed!)

I'm Tempted to Abstain...

I was all set to vote for west, but after reading the other voters, east probably makes more sense. More information would certainly be helpful, and unless the squirrels can talk, there's only one likely place to get it.

Eric

West to the Woods

terrynaut's picture

I'd like to see the woods. I just love woods. Really I do.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

My choice

is journey to west, may be we´ll meet Son-Goku and his party...

Half an hour, and we have a tie!

Currently both East and West are tied, with seven votes each, and South is in a not-so-distant third with four. So, here's what we're gonna do...

The next vote put in will decide the route taken. The choices are only east or west now, and those who had voted for South originally (my personal favorite, but oh well) can recast their vote if they wish.

GO!

Melanie E.

Turn West, entering the

Turn West, entering the Woods of Adventuresome Adventuring And Squirrels.

I believe in my childhood dreams...

I believe in my childhood dreams...