My Sister's Daughter - Part II

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis:

Will Robbie find out why he was transformed?

My Sister's Daughter - Part II

by Barbara Lynn Terry

Story:

After I let Sandy dress me, and we had our breakfast, Sandy called the doctor's office. She told them that I needed to be seen as I had seemingly lost my memory. After she hung up, she told me we were going immediately, to see the doctor because she wanted to find out why I had thought she was playing a joke on me. We went out to the car and drove to the doctor's office in silence. We pulled into the parking lot and went in to register. Sandy held my hand as we crossed the parking lot and right up to the office door and until we got inside.

"Mandy? I want you to sit down while I tell the receptionist we're here." She had said with a beaming smile.

So, I sat in one of the waiting room chairs and then Sandy came and sat next to me after checking in. We waited for about five minutes before being called into the examination room.

"Hi Amanda," she said with a smile. "My name is Diane and I need to get your weight, blood pressure and temperature. Okay?"

She was a beautiful woman, young about twenty five or twenty six. Nice long blonde hair and wore her nurses uniform like she was poured into it. She walked like a model and sang when she talked.

"Yes, ma'am," was all I said back to her.

I got on the scale and she moved a couple of bars here and there and then wrote 55 pounds on her clipboard. She then put the blood pressure cuff on my upper arm and after listening in her stethoscope for a couple of seconds wrote down something I couldn't see.

"Well, young lady," the nurse said smiling. "Everything is normal. the doctor will be in in a few minutes." then she left and Sandy and I were the only ones in the exam room. About ten minutes later the doctor came in, and you're not going to believe who the doctor is.

"Why hello Sandy!" Dr. Blake exclaimed, giving my sister a hug. I mean my mother...Oh! I don't know what I mean anymore. Yes, That's right. Dr. Amanda Blake, MD, is the doctor Sandy took me to see.

"Well, Amanda! Sandy why have you brought Amanda to see me?"

"Well, it's like this. I woke her up this morning and she wanted to know who Mandy was and why was I talking to her like a child. I explained why but she is of the opinion that we are playing a joke on her and that her name is Robbie and that she is a man, an older man at that. Robbie is the name of her uncle. So, I figured that maybe she should be seen and maybe you can find out what is going on with her."

"I'll do my best Sandy. But this may take more than one session. If I can't get to the bottom of this then maybe you will have to take her to a psychiatrist or a therapist. I'll tell you what, Sandy. Wait outside in the reception room so I can talk with Mandy alone for a while. Okay?"

"All right, Amanda. Now, Mandy! You behave for the doctor. Okay?" I just nodded my head.

After Sandy left, Dr. Blake started to ask me questions.

"Mandy, why did you tell your mother that you thought you were a man by the name of Robbie?"

"I don't know, doctor. It must have been a weird dream, but it seemed so real. You were there, and Sandy and me as an older man named Robbie and I was my sister's brother. It was a party that I was invited to and Sandy had talked me into it. I was dancing with a woman I met there and while we were dancing, you kept hitting me with your purse and apologizing each time. I think it was three times I was hit with the purse. Then Sandy woke me up, and I was all confused."

"Well! Sounds like an interesting dream. But, you do know that you are only five years old and that you were born a female which makes you a girl in anyone's book."

"Well, yes doctor, I suppose. But, the dream seemed very real. Maybe that's why I was so confused."

"Maybe. But I would like you to come back next week. I would like to run some tests. a little blood work, and MRI, x-rays and a complete physical. That is just so you know no one is playing a trick on you. Okay, Mandy?"

"Yes doctor."

"Good. Now we will call your mother back in and tell her, so she can put it on her calendar. There is something else you should know too, Mandy. I am your godmother, and I was there at the hospital the day you were born because I delivered you. You were a beautiful baby then and you are a beautiful young lady now."

When Sandy came in Doctor Blake told her the news.

"Sandy dear, I want you to bring Mandy back next week. I want to run some tests one of which will be an MRI. I told her that this was so she could see for herself that no one is playing a joke on her or trying to confuse her in any way."

"All right, Amanda. Thanks. See you next week then."

We left the clinic and walked to the car. As we walked, Sandy started talking.

"Well Mandy? Do you still think that we are playing a trick on you?"

I looked up at her and said, "No, mommy. I'm sorry I caused any trouble, but that dream seemed so real."

"I know darling. Some dreams seem so real we actually think they happen. That is until we wake up and find it is only a dream. Anyway, young lady, this fall you start school, so I think we should go shopping and get you some nice outfits. Okay?"

"Yes,mommy, I would like that."

We got in the car and Sandy drove us to the mall where I would be trying on outfits for school. School? Oh joy! Well, I knew I was Robert Blake, in my forties and an accountant. Now I was Amanda, five years old and a girl who would be starting school in September. Well, at least I'll be way ahead of most of the kids in the classes I will attend throughout the coming years. I wonder what was in that formula that Doctor Blake had used on me at that party? Whatever it was, it was potent enough to transform me overnight. I'll just have to resign myself to listen more carefully whenever Sandy is talking to Doctor Blake.

We arrived at the mall and found a parking spot close to the door. Sandy was good at finding those parking spaces. We went in to the mall and straight to a clothing store that specialized in young girls' fashions. As we entered the shop, a woman, dressed in a simple grey sheath dress, with greying, permed hair, came and greeted us.

"Hello, I'm Helen. How may I help you today?" she had said with a nice smile.

"I need to get some school outfits for my daughter here," Sandy replied.

"Very good. If you will please come this way I will show you what we have and you can pick what you like. If you need assistance I will be at the counter."

We looked through the racks of skirt and blouse combinations and dresses and we decided on two skirt and blouse combinations and three dresses. One combination was very pretty. It had a deer on it drinking from a stream and had straps that came from the waist to go over the shoulder and buttoned at the waist in the back. The blouse had a couple of chipmunks on it playing in some bushes. It was really a pretty outfit. the other combination was just a plain black skirt with an off white blouse. One dress was just a sundress, yellow and no design. But the other two dresses were beautiful. They too had nature scenes on them. One nature scene had a couple of panda bears on the upper bodice while the skirt part showed a nice pristine stream of water. The other dress was just as beautiful. the upper bodice was plain where the skirt part showed butterflies and a bumble bee above a patch of wild violets. I was going to be dressed well for my (first?) day of school. But, that was a ways away.

After paying for our purchases we got to the car and drove home. Sandy took my clothes up to my room and hung them in my closet. Now I was ready for school.

"Mandy? It is such a nice day out. Want to go over to Janie's and play?"

"All right, mommy."

"Good. I'll take you over as soon as I make a phone call."

"All right. I'll go to my room for now and play for a while."

"All right, darling," she said smiling as I went to my room.

"Hello? Amanda? Yes, this is Sandy. I don't know what was in that formula, but Amanda seems very content as a five year old girl. I'm taking her to play over at Janie's. What? You'll meet me there. Okay. Amanda? Are you ready to go by Janie's, darling?"

"Yes mommy, I'm ready."

We walked out the door and Sandy held my hand for the short walk to my friend Janie's. Well, she's my friend now. Janie was the same age as I and we would be starting school together. At least there would be someone there I knew. When we got to Janie's house we walked right in without knocking. Sandy had that arrangement with Janie's parents. Janie's mother's name is Janet, thirty five, and still had her girlish figure. Her long auburn hair was braided down her back to her waist and her makeup was very natural looking. She wore heart shaped diamond earrings. Janie's father, Douglas or Doug, was a man in his early thirties and worked as a manager for the local supermarket chain, here in town. When I was Robby I did their taxes. Now I am their daughter's best friend.

"Hi Sandy," Janet said coming out from her kitchen. "Hi Amanda, Janie's in her room getting dressed. You can go back there if you want."

"I just brought Mandy over to play with Janie. I'm expecting Dr. Blake to meet me here. Is that Okay?"

"Of course, Sandy. Amanda Blake is welcome here anytime. Is she going to talk about, you know what?"

"Yes, while the girls are playing. Can we talk in your kitchen, when she gets here."

"Of course, Sandy. I'l make some coffee and tea for Amanda. I made fresh cookies today too."

"Great! We can have a coffee klatch, then." They both giggled. I went to Janie's room and knocked on her door.

"Come in," Janie called out.

"Hi Janie. My mother brought me over to play."

"That's great, Mandy. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I thought maybe we could play jump rope or hopscotch outside."

"That would be very nice. Then maybe we can play with our dolls after."

"Why not take our dolls outside with us and they can be our audience, watching us jump rope?"

"That's a good idea, Mandy."

"Uhm, I have to use the bathroom. I'll be back."

"Okay, Mandy."

I went out of Janie's room and headed in the direction of the kitchen. Dr. Blake was already there, just sitting down, so she must have just gotten here. I stood by the door of the bathroom and listened as the three women began discussing what they did to me.

"Amanda! You just have to tell me how you were able to transform Robbie so quickly." I had heard Sandy say.

"It was simple. When you told me that he was unhappy with his present life, I took some of the blood samples he gave and did some genetic manipulation with his DNA. I used a combination of his DNA, RNA and female hormones. The hormones were potent enough to create secondary characteristics on a man within a 24 hour period. But, combined with the DNA and RNA fingerprints, I was able to achieve the transformation. It is too bad we had to do it this way. But, with you unable to bear children naturally, Sandy, I think this has made you happy and I think it has made Mandy happy too."

So, now I knew what was what and why. Sandy was barren? Well, I am still her brother, mentally and blood IS thicker than water. So, I will make her happy by being her daughter. I only wish she would have asked me first. I went back to Janie's room and we went out to play. I'm happy now, though. I am a girl, I have a best friend to play games and talk with and I have been given chance to make my sister happy by being her daughter.

The End.

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.


 

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My Sister... My butt

I'm sorry, but the ending was lame. Too much acceptance, too quickly.

fortythree years old, alone

fortythree years old, alone with no friends?
Not going out.
Teeth getting bad and the rest of the body soon too.

The offer..
Make your sister happy as can be.
Gain a new healthy body and that caring love :)
keep you knowledge (thats a strange one, but hey, why not:)
And try for that other 'side' of humanity :)

Hmm.
There could be some temptation, don't you think.

Yoron.

""It was simple. When you told me that he was unhappy with ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... his present life, ..." Sounds like Sandy fed the doc a line. It didn't sound like Robbie's life was a very exciting life, but he wasn't written as seeming unhappy. So sis just decides that because she thinks he's unhappy she has the right to change his sex and age. What a selfish bitch! And he just goes along with it? How completely unrealistic is that! He had just met a girl that could have made him very happy and all of a sudden that chance is snatched away from him. Oh, come on, it's much more likely he'd be pissed as hell! His selfish bitch sister and the immoral and unethical Dr. Amanda are criminals and Janet is aiding and abetting! They have, in effect, killed HIM. They took away your balls, Robert; get 'em back!

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Not bad

Renee_Heart2's picture

Well we now know what happened & why. I too wish Sandy would have asked or at least told the truth & I think "Mandy" would understand.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Th' writin' rackit'

I have been around this world long enough to have seen the first writings of some authors who are now very accomplished. It takes is some kindness, encouragement to help that along. The rest is lots of hard work on the part of the author. :)

Gwen Brown

Offer?

I missed the part where he was offered a choice.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

My sister's daughter

Well, that's a different take on a theme. Quite well written although Robbie seems a little too accepting for my taste.

Short!

Different, yes. But perhaps bit too short. Lot of things are left unexplained: a grown up man can't simply vanish and a new little girl would have to be explained (even with friends there would be neighbours that would wonder who this little girl is). And I agree with quest reader - Robbie should have told them to go to hell - who has the right to judge his life and then turn him into a little girl? Not to mention with his memories his new life might be intolerable.

Some parts on how they really made him accepted himself as her and more "guts" into Robbie would have made the story better.

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy).