Christopher's Adventures in Miss Johnsson's "Girls World" store 1- Christmas Eve

Printer-friendly version

Another BigCloset TopShelf story.

A story for the December 2006 Holiday Story Contest. The story just came to my mind and I decided to write it down.
It tells the story of a boy who helps a woman on Christmas Eve.
This is my very first story. I hope you like it.
Enjoy it.

Dear Readers,
This is my first story and English is not my original language, so please excuse any misspelling.
Copyright by Meriana December 2006. It’s allowed to publish this story on any TG site with free access. If you do that, please send me a note, where you published it. It’s not allowed to publish it on any commercial site. In any case, the original Copyright may not be removed. All rights reserved.
The german Version of this book can be found at http://www.tor-der-trá¤ume.de/node/7

I hope you like it.

Slightly revised on 25 of December 2006.
Many thanks to HollyLogan for helping with editing it!

Christmas Eve
It was the 24 of December and while the parents prepared the christmas tree and the presents, Christopher wandered around in the City. As always none of the children were allowed to be at home, in earlier Years, he and his sisters would have gone to the grandparents, but this Christopher didn’t want to go with them. He asked his parents if he could stay and go to the city in the time. Because he was 13 this year, they allowed it.
So Christopher was alone in the city and was doing some window shopping. As you may guess, he didn’t have much money of his own. He had done his christmas shopping the week before, so there wasn’t much to do. So he looked in the windows of the stores and tried to guess what he would get as Christmas presents. Christopher was very small; he only was 1.52 m and had dark brown hair with beautiful blue eyes.
So he was in the city and wasting time. There were still two hours till he could go back home and he had seen all the windows of his preferred shops. He entered a street he normally didn’t enter, because there were no shops in which he was interested. Only a few girls' and womens' stores were located there. In the second building, was a new store, full of girls clothes. “Girls' World — everything a Girl needs” said the sign on it. It also said that it was owned by a Miss Johnsson.
for a few seconds Christopher looked in the windows, which showed some pretty dresses and then turned away. He heard a voice behind him: “Can you help me please? I would like it.”
Christopher turned around and saw a woman of about 40 years looking at him. “Of course, Miss”, he replied.
The woman nodded and said: “Then come in please.” Christopher followed her ito the store which was decorated all in pink. There were girls clothes and accessories of all sorts everywhere.
"How much time have you?" asked the woman. Christopher replied that he had at least 2 hours before he needed to go home, and asked what he should do. “I’m Miss Johnsson. You see, I have a little problem, which you can help me with. In a half an hour some good customers of mine will come to look at some dresses. I arranged for my niece to model for them, but she caught a cold yesterday and can’t come. You have just the same stature as she, so the clothes I prepared will fit you well."
Christopher blushed, ‘Should I model as a girl? No way!’
"If they like what they see, they will buy some expensive clothes, which will help me to pay the store’s bills. I opened the store some months before and if I don't get more customers, I'll have to close it. Please help me. I won’t tell anyone, and I promise you, no one will ever find out."
Christopher blushed and nearly said no, but then he remembered that his parents had taught him to help other people, and it was Christmas Eve, so he agreed. The woman smiled and showed him the shop's shower and said that he should take a short shower and gave him some shower gel. Christopher stripped down and went into the shower, where he used the gel the women had given him. He soon found out that had it removed the little hair his body had. He blushed a little and hoped that no one would see it. When he finished showering, he stepped outside. Where he had left his boy clothes, he only found a pink girl's slip with flowers on it.
He hesitated a bit, then put it on and went looking for Miss Johnsson, finding her near the changing area, where she was preparing some clothes.
When he came, she smiled at him and said, ”You will sure look pretty in these clothes. Christopher didn’t think so, but didn’t say anything as she gave him a padded brad, which made Christopher blush.
"It’s all righ, dear," Miss Johnsson said. "Every girl of your age wears a padded bra." That made Christopher even blush more. She helped Christopher to put it on, then gave him some white tights. She showed him, how to roll them up his legs so he didn’t damage them. Christopher had never worn any tights before, so it was a total new feeling for him.
Next she gave him a pretty pink dress with some flowers on it, which he put over his head and she zipped it up his back. The dress was knee length and with it came a matching jacket in silk. Christopher found it nice when it touched his skin.
Miss Johnsson asked Christopher to sit down and started working on his almost shoulder-length hair and explained to him how it would go. Miss Johnsson would welcome her customers and lead them to the chairs against one of the walls. Then Christopher would bring the prepared refreshments for the women.
Miss Johnsson would show them the new collection and Christopher would model some of the pieces. In the meantime Miss Johnsson had put some pink clips with flowers on it in his hair and placed a necklace around his neck, and the matching clips on his ears. She gave him a pink girl’s watch to put on and as he fastened it around his wrist, started to put some make-up on his face. When she was finished, beautiful young girl in a pretty dress looked out of the mirror at of Christopher.
“Christopher, what shoe size do you wear?” When Christopher answered she went to the shoe department and returned soon with a pair of pink sandals with 2 cm heels and asked Christopher to put them on. “Try to walk in them a little, Christopher.”
The first steps were a little confusing for Christopher, but with a little help from Miss Johnsson, he soon found out how to walk in them. Miss Johnsson smiled at Christopher: “You look very much like a young Girl, but we can’t call you Christopher any more, can’t we? Is there a girl’s name you like?”
After a bit of thinking Christopher answered that he always had liked Jennifer.
A few minutes later the bell on the shop’s door rang and some good-looking women in expensive clothes entered the store. While Miss Johnsson went to greet them, Christopher went to fetch the refreshments and take them to the women.
Miss Johnsson told her customers, “This is my niece, Jennifer.”She will model for you today.”
All of the women looked at Christopher and one of them said to Miss Johnsson, “What a pretty girl your niece is. And what a nice dress she is wearing.”
This made Christopher blush and the women giggle. The women started to look through the store and soon one of them called, “Jennifer, can you put this dress on please?” She handed him a short black party dress.
Christopher went to the changing room and put it on, while Miss Johnsson brought some matching black shoes. The dress was very short and Christopher feared that the women could see under it. But Miss Johnsson told him, that the dress was just long enough to prevent that. A bit nervous he left the changing room and showed the dress to Miss Johansson’s customers.
When they asked him to do a twirl, he did.
”This dress is absolute fantastic," one woman said, "I’m going to buy it for my daughter. It’s just right for her to wear when we visit my parents." Miss Johnsson smiled and told Christopher that he was doing great.
After about an hour, they were finished and the customers left the store with bags of clothes. They even left some money to pay for Christopher for his modeling.
When Christopher had changed back into his boy clothes, Miss Johnsson hugged, "You made this day a very lucky one for this woman. With your help I earned enough money to pay the bills. You made my greatest dream come true, to own a girls' clothes store".
The next night he dreamt of the store and about modeling all the pretty clothes…
Copyright by Meriana December 2006

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a very good first

As you say spellings and some of the grammar stuff needs some work, but just ask Angel or Karen and they would tell you that I need help in those areas as well! Please continue to write and don't feel shy about asking for help. If you check the writer's resource here at BC there is a list of volunteers who will help if asked. It sounds like there may be more of this story. Thank you for sharing!
I jokily tell others that I don't speak English. I speak Southern (American South) and some American, but can only ask for directions to the bathroom and for a glass of water in English.
Merry Holidays and Hugs for all!
grover-

Merry Christmas Eve

erin's picture

I just did a quick copyedit on this sweet little story. Happy Christmas, Meriana, and my present to you is that everyone can now blame me for any typos remaining. :) Of course, your present to the rest of us was your story.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Christmas eve

Meriana!
You did it. Congrats to your first story here.

This explains a lot why you have been so silent in the chat the last days,but it is a very nice surprise!
I know of the difficulties to write,even if english is not your native language (mine neither).So i hug hug you very tight again and hope to see more of this very nice tale.

Merry Christmas to al out there!

Love and Hugs

Sidonie

P.S.: See you in the gabyzone or at "Tor der Träume".
or you look at "Die Deutsche Seite" on Maddys page. ;)

Merry Christmas, Meriana and thank you for your story

What a nice surprise, Meriana.

I'm absolutely impressed. Congratulations on your first story. I like it, and hope to see more of your work in future. With your work on Tor der Träume I can only agree with Sidonie. It explains alot. :)

Well, all that's left for me is to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Love and even more hugs

Saphira

--
>> There is not one thruth only out there. <<

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

A Storyteller

To write effectively we must first be a good storyteller . . . which you are. Then we can work on the other parts. Your story was charming in its simplicity -- like a story told over hot chocolate.

Your ending was excellent. Visions of pink danced in Jennifer's head.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Thank you Meriana!!

for your wonderful story! Not everyone has to have perfect grasp of English to write or tell a beautiful tale. In fact, many great stories are written in other languages. Please never stop writing and jot down those ideas in your head. You have the makings of an excellent author!

*hugs*

Sephrena

A very nice first story.

I'm always pleased when a new writer makes his or her debut, and this time is no exception. This was a very nice story with a good ending and is a very good effort for a first time out. Spelling and grammer are overrated, except for writers, but I'm certain I would do MUCH worse in YOUR native tongue, than you did in mine.

Congratulations Meriana, and welcome to the club. I hope to see many more tales from you in the future.

Merry Christmas from Cathy_t_

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for all the nice comments and for the offers to suport me.

Maybe there will be another part of this story, i even have to idea for another story in mind...

Merry Christmas

Meriana

Another new writer! What a promising storyteller she is!

I loved this little tale, and it left me with an urge for more! Giggle, giggle.

Congratulations Meriana and welcome to the family!

Huggles
Angel

Be yourself, so easy to say, so hard to live.

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

First of many

Your disclaimers in the front said that this was your first story and that English was not your first langiage. Your first story is very good and holds a lot of promise for more quality stories to come. If you had not proclaimed it, I doubt many would have recognized it for a first effort. The straightforward plot was clear and concise. The theme was familiar but the presentation was excellent giving a new feel to it all.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

An Excellent First Effort

You have done a better job than many for whom English is a first language. Congratulations on an excellent tale.

Well done

An excellent first effort, particularly as English is not your first language. Unfortunately most of we native English speakers are lazy when it comes to expressing ourselves in another language. Hope to see more from you.

Geoff

Wonderful first story

I agree with the others, your effort is better than many who learned English as their primary language. That was a beautiful story and it was very well written. It was all the more remarkable that it is both your first story and in another language. Bravo.

Vielen Dank.

Geronwyl
_______________________________________________________________________
Some realities are limited by what we sense, others are defined by what we dream.

Some realities are limited by what we sense, others are defined by what we dream.