A Fantasy in Shades of Scarlett

Printer-friendly version

by: Lesley Renee Charles

I woke up from a good night’s sleep. When I noticed a sudden heaviness an pulling on my chest. I looked down to find a nice pair of breasts. I also noticed I was not wearing my usual pajamas but I white lace nightgown.

I got out of bed and walked over to the mirror over the dressing table. What I saw reflected back to me was a beautiful young girl of about sixteen with dark hair and emerald green eyes.

Suddenly I heard knocking at the bedroom door. A large black woman, wearing a long, plain, grey dress covered by a white apron came in carrying a breakfast tray.

"What’s my little lamb gonna wear to the barbecue, today?"

By instinct I pointed to a green-sprigged muslin dress which was lying draped over a chair.

"That." I replied.

"No you ain’t. That dress ain’t fitting to be worn in the mornin’. I gonna speak to yer Ma about you."

Well I insisted that I was going to wear that dress. Finally, she gave in but warned me to keep a shawl on my shoulders, she was not about to let me get freckled.

She proceeded to remove the night dress and slip a simple white chemise over my head. Over this she placed a satin covered garment, that I knew immediately was a corset. She proceeded to lace my waist down to sixteen inches. Then I stepped into an underskirt that had several wire rings. Next she slipped over a couple of petticoats that billowed out around my waist. Lastly the dress was placed over my shoulders.

She then brought out a tray that I forced to eat before going to the barbecue. I told her that I was not going to eat a bite.

"Yes, you’se gonna eat every mouthful of dis. I am not gonna have my little lamb eat like a field hand and gobble like a hog."

I replied that "Ashley Wilkes told me he like to see a girl with a healthy appetite."

She replied back that what gentlemen say and do are two different things. Then she said that "I ain’t noticed Mist. Ashley asking for to marry you."

After that I gave in and ate the hot cakes sopping in a rich, thick gravy.

I was putting on a wide-brimmed straw hat, ready to have several conquests over the neighborhood boys.

Suddenly my mother yelled "Jimmy it’s time to get ready for school."

 © 2000
The above work is copyrighted material. Anyone wishing to copy, archive, or re-post this story must contact the author for permission.

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My Land, but It would be awfully nace if this stawry continued

Andrea Lena's picture

"...Big Closet. Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to convince you to write more of this lovely stawry. Aftuh awll, tomorrow is anothuh day"



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Story continued

Thank you. I enjoyed writing it. Maybe I will if the muse inspires me. It was fun to write. I am so glad that people enjoy it.

Fiddle Dee Dee!

laika's picture

Cute, I had to laugh at the abrupt ending, which I guess I should've seen coming.
Haven't seen that movie in a while, but you seemed to capture
both the tone & the details of it really well..

If only people could see into our daydreams, wouldn't they be surprised?
(I wrote my whole Walter Mitty parody on this premise...) I don't think I've ever
imagined myself as Scarlette O'Hara though. Even as a kid something about her really
creeped me out (And this is from someone who identified strongly with so many
Tennessee Williams heroines, who were all such models of emotional health...).
~~~hugs, Laika

Fiddle Dee Dee

I liked some aspects of Scarlett. She was a strong woman who was more like a man. I was attracted to her, because as a teen I tried to hide my bitch side and be like Melanie all the time, Scarlett showed me it was all right to be strong willed and tough at times.

NOW that is a fantasy.

Gone With The Wind is my most favorite civil war movie. I guess that's because Clark Gable is in it. But dreams are funny things though. It makes us see things that we wish would happen or not happen. This is whimsical and light. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank you

I needed a smile, and your story brought one to me.

Blessings,
Beth

You're Welcome

I am glad that my story was able to bring a smile to you. That means a lot to me.

Very Cute Y'all!

Hot cakes in rich gravey will not assist that 16" waist?

Thanks for the entertainment!

Keep up the good work!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita