What's Taking So Long? - Part 5 of 10

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Never ask your wife, "What’s taking so long?" while she is getting dressed to go out to a fancy dinner. I did, and so far it’s been very interesting.

Story:

What's Taking So Long?

Part 5

Briana Returns

During dinner on Wednesday, Janet had asked me to take Friday off again. She wanted Briana back for the weekend. I knew that she liked my feminine side, but it surprised me that she wanted her back so soon. So, on Thursday I checked on taking Friday off. It wasn't a problem. So, when I got home Janet was waiting for me, and asked, "Were you able to get tomorrow off?"

"It wasn't a problem. But, I'm a little worried about this down sizing thing."

"You’re too valuable to them."

"I hope you’re right. What are we doing for dinner?"

"I've got a nice salad, and if you'll do the shrimp on the barbecue, we'll be all set."

It didn't take me long to cook the shrimp. And, we sat down to a great salad with shrimp, and a bottle of wine. I sat there looking at Janet, and was trying to figure out what was different.

"I spent the day at Shelly's. Do you like the new look?", she said reading my mind.

"Yes, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what's different."

"She redid my eyebrows. They're thinner and darker. She added highlights to my hair. And, changed the colors of my eye makeup. Do you really like?"

"Yes. Very much."

Standing up and taking my hand, she asked, "Ready to bring Briana back to life?"

"Yes." More than I think she realized.

We walked into the bedroom, and she had everything laid out. Breast forms, wig, adhesives, bra, panties, hose, jeans shorts, print top, and sandals. I asked, "Where's the special panties?"

"Not right away. I want Briana, but not that part, yet."

"All right, but how do I hide my male parts?"

"That's what this is for. Shelly gave it to me today. It's a gaff."

"How do you use it?"

"Well you have to push the two boys up inside your body, if you can. Then pull your penis back between your legs. Then pull the gaff up. It's very tight and will hold everything in place. And, you had better do it yourself, because if I try and help, you'll get hard and will never get it tucked away. And, you have to take it off to use the restroom, so keep the liquids to a minimum."

I took the gaff, and struggled with it for a while, but eventually got everything tucked away and comfortable. Janet looked at me, smiled, and said, "Very smooth. Now, on the bed so I can attach the breast forms." I laid on the bed, Janet positioned the forms, just like Shelly had, and glued them in place. She then used the makeup around the edges, and they looked just like they were part of me.

She then took me to her dressing table, attached the wig, and brushed it out. She had me apply my own makeup, under her direction. I put on the hose, shorts, blouse, and sandals. And, we spent the rest of the evening cuddled up in front of the TV, just enjoying each other company. That night, she had me wear the gaff to bed, to get use to it. And, of course a very nice nightgown.

On Friday morning we were both up together. And, had a nice breakfast. Janet, said, "Go and get dressed. I thought that we would go to the mall, I have another experience for Briana. And, just dress as you've seen women dress at the mall. Keep it comfortable, and toned down."

It took me a little while to figure out what to wear. But, I settled for a light long sleeved pink v-necked sweater, a pair of black slacks, and pair of pink walking shoes. Janet came in to get dressed, took a look, and said, "Not bad. I like the shoes."

While she was dressing, I put on some very light makeup, just enough to bring out my feminine features.

It was around ten, so we headed off to the mall. I asked, "What's this new experience."

"It's something that every woman experiences, sort of a right of passage."

"Am I going to like this."

"I hope so."

We arrived at the mall, being Friday morning, it wasn't very busy yet. And, we walked around for a little while, window shopping. When we got back to the center of the mall, Jackie walked up to one of those stalls that are in every mall, and started looking at there stuff. This one did ear piercing. I hesitated, and pulled her aside.

"You want me to get my ears pierced?"

"Yes."

"No way. There's no way to hide that at work."

"Yes there is. Trust me. Besides, remember that you lost the bet for this weekend, and this is part of the pay off."

"Only one ear."

"No, both."

With a deep sigh, I said, "Ok."

She took me by the hand, and we walked back to the stall. The girl was busy, piercing another customers ears. So, we took our time looking at all the earrings that she had. Janet, said, "Will go with studs, until they heal, then you can wear anything that you want."

The girl finished with the other customer, and walked over to where we were.

"Hi, can I help you."

"Yes," Janet said, "my sister here is behind the times, and I've finally talked her into getting her ears pierced."

"We can do that. See anything that you like. Piercing is free with each pair."

"Yes, we like that set of diamond studs, and that set of gold studs."

"Are we doing two piercings in each ear?"

"Yes, we figured that we might as well get her up to speed in one quick jump."

I felt my face go white, I thought that I was going to faint. I looked at Janet with a little fear.

She looked at me, and said, "Don't worry. I've got four in one ear and three in the other, and there was nothing to it. And, I have a great earring that you can wear, once everything is healed. It starts with an ear cuff attached to a chain, attached to a stud with dangles, attached to another chain, attached to another stud with a hoop. It will look great on you."

The girl said, "Don't worry, it's virtually pain free. Just a little stick. Come on in, and we'll get started."

Janet took my hand, and led me to the slaughter, so to speak. I sat in the chair. The girl placed two marks on my right ear, asked Janet if that looked good, and Janet nodded yes. The girl placed a stud in a gun looking device. Carefully positioned it on my ear, and pulled the trigger. I heard a click, a pop, and felt something like a needle stick. She then did the second one, slightly up on the edge of the ear. Again the click, pop, and needle stick. Then came the left ear, same procedure. Mark the two spots, click, pop, needle stick, click, pop, needle stick. The girl then explained how to care for them, gave us some solution to keep the areas clean, and we paid the bill.

"That wasn't so bad was it?"

"No, but two piercings in each ear? You tricked me, so that I couldn't object without being outed by my voice."

"I'm sorry. But, I thought that two would look so much better than one. And, it will give you so many more options as to what you can wear."

"Well it's done. Now all we have to do is figure out how to hide the holes, and keep them from closing."

"We'll worry about that on Sunday."

We stopped at the food court, for a light lunch. And, then did some more window shopping, before heading home.

The phone call.

As we walked in the door the phone was ringing. Janet grabbed it, and said, “Hello.” . . . “Yes he is, just a second.” She held the phone out to me, and said, "It's John, from your office."

"Hi John." . . . "OK" . . . "OK" . . . "I see. Everyone?" . . . "Mike, Phil, Shawn, everyone?" . . . "Why didn't Mike tell me when I asked for Friday off?" . . . "He didn't even know. I feel really sorry for him, new baby and all. Hold on."

"That down sizing that I was tell you about. Well it happened. They laid off everyone in my department, from the manager on down.", I told Janet as I just flopped into a chair.

"John. Sorry I just wanted to tell Janet." . . . "OK, a lay off package." . . . "I see, four weeks pay, plus any vacation time. That gives me nine weeks pay. I guess I can find something in that time. I hope." . . . "Today, everything today!" . . . "Well the only personal things that I have there is my coffee cup, and the picture of Janet and I. Could you take them with you and I'll pick them at your place next week?" . . . "Great. Tell everyone that I'll miss them. And, I'll call you next week." . . . "Bye."

"I love it. Just fucking love it!", I said getting tears in my eyes, "They give you no notice. Just come through the office and tell everyone to clean out their desk, and not come back. It's just not fair." I was crying, the first time since my Dad died two years ago. Janet knelt next to the chair, and held my hands. And, I just cried.

Janet said, "Everything will be all right."

"But, how. With all the down sizing that’s going on, jobs are hard to find."

"I know. I know. But, I'm still working. And, we have all that money we've saved from my salary."

"That money is for the new house."

"I know. But, we'll just stay here a while longer. It’ll be fine."

I got up, and walked to the kitchen. Janet right behind me. I grabbed a bottle of wine, a glass, and headed out onto the patio. I just sat there, drank the whole bottle, and watched the rain clouds build to the west. Janet unknown to me was on the phone to Shelly. She was afraid that I was going to have a nervous breakdown, and needed someone to talk to. They decided that I needed something to take my mind off of the layoff, so Shelly and Cathy were going to bring dinner over. Janet came out on the patio, and just sat with me. We sat there until the rain started, around five thirty, and then went into the house.

The door bell rang at about six. I was sitting in the livingroom, and just didn't move. Janet answered the door, it was Shelly and Cathy with takeout Chinese food. The three of them took the food into the kitchen, and Cathy came back out to sit with me. She tried to get me to talk a little, and take my mind off of things. Her small talk was starting to get through to me, she finally got me to come into the kitchen, sit with them, and try to eat. It took a while, but I finally started to eat, and talk about other things.

Shelly finally got a little smile on my face, by saying, "Girl, your makeup is one major mess. You'd better start using waterproof mascara, if you’re going to cry like this. And, there’s no way that you can't go out looking like this."

"Go out. I really don't want to go out.", I said.

"You need to. You need to get out of the house and go anywhere, just to get your mind off of this. Sitting here is just making it worse."

"I guess you’re right."

"You guess I'm right! You’re damn right, I'm right! I've been there and done that. Getting out, and doing something fun, is the only way."

"Don't get violent.", I said feigning ducking away from her.

"See. You’re already feeling better."

"What do you have in mind?"

"What's your favorite thing to do?"

"Well a good movie is always up there with things to do. Or, a trip to the lake."

"The rain kind of rules out the lake. So, lets see what movies are playing."

As Janet and Cathy looked through the paper to see what was playing, Shelly took me to the bedroom to fix my makeup. By the time Shelly was done, I was feeling a little bit better, and the girls had found a good movie. We spent the rest of the evening and half the night together. It was almost three in the morning before we got in bed. And, I was very tired both physically and emotionally. I slept like a baby. It was Saturday afternoon before I awoke, Janet had just let me sleep.

Over the next few weeks, I filed for unemployment, send job applications to every place I could think of. No one was hiring. I was getting depressed again. The only positive thing was, I could spend all my time as Briana.

The Club Revisited

It had been a month since we had been to the Queen's Court, and it was the weekend for the drag show. But, this time it was on Friday night do to a same sex wedding being scheduled for Saturday. Janet thought it would be a good idea for us to go, since it was free for us. So, we spent that Friday getting ready. She had found a short, plaid, pleated, skirt, that was just down right cute on me, it hit me mid thigh. She then added a white blouse. Then a pair of white, knee high nylons, and a pair of saddle shoes. I looked like a school girl. So, I was going to the Queen's Court, looking like I had just walked out of high school. But, the makeup was too heavy to be a school girls, and by the time she was done, she had me looking more like a street walker.

We had about an hour before we needed to leave. So, we sat and had a small glass of wine. As we were talking, I noticed that Janet was starting to look like she wasn't feeling well.

"Are you ok?"

"I don't know. My stomach is really feeling weird. Like I'm going to throw up."

"Think we had better stay home?"

"No. No. You need to get out and really enjoy yourself." With that she got up, and ran to the bathroom. I could hear her throwing up. She came back out five minutes later, saying, "I can't go. I feel like hell."

"I'll stay home with you. I'd be too worried about you to go alone."

"I want you to go. Shelly and Cathy are expecting us. And, I don’t think I can get a hold of them this late. Besides, now that I've gotten rid of what ever it was that was upsetting me, I'll be fine. But, I'd better stay home just incase it comes back."

"If you’re sure?"

"Yes. Get yourself going, or with the way you drive you'll be late."

"Ok. Ok. I'm going. But, I'll call you when I get there to check on you."

"Don't you dare. You go and have fun."

I gave her a big kiss on the cheek. And, was out the door, in the car, and down the road. Then it hit me. This is the first time I'd been out as Briana by myself. What if something happens? I won't let anything happen. I'll be careful. It took the full forty-five minutes to make the trip to the club. I parked the car, showed the parking lot attendant my free pass, he said "Have a nice evening." I got a very interesting look from a couple of policemen that were leaving the station across the street. The bouncers at the front door, smiled and waved me inside. The girl collecting the cover charge, smiled and said "Welcome back, honey. Have fun tonight." I smiled back at her. I missed the sign that said 'Amateur Night'.

As I walked into the club, it felt like old home. I started looking for Shelly and Cathy. Jade, the girl that looks like a tall Halley Berry, walked up to me, and said, "Hi honey. I just love your clothes. They’re so cute. If you weren't married, I'd make a pass at you, and I just might do it anyway. And, you’re going to be a hit tonight. But, we need to work on the hair and makeup."

"A hit? Work on my hair and makeup? What are you talking about?"

"It's amateur night. And, your friends entered you in the contest."

"No. I can't sing or anything like that."

"The other girls can't sing either. They all lip sync to the songs."

"But, I don't know any songs."

"That's ok. You'll have time to practice. You'll do good. See there's Shelly and Cathy over there.", she said pointing to the same booth that we were at last month.

I looked, and there was Shelly and Cathy waving and smiling at me.

Jade grabbed my hand, and pulled me to the dressing rooms. She sat me at a dressing table, and put a small pair of ear phones in my ears. And, said, "I think this will be a good song for you. It's 'One Hand, One Heart' from West Side Story." She pressed play on the tape recorder, and the song began. She then started fussing with my hair, a lot of brushing, a lot of combing, and a lot of hair spray. When she was satisfied with the hair, she began on my makeup, and when she was done, it was very heavy. The song that I was to perform played over and over, and I started to get into it. I was moving my mouth to the words and saying them very softly, so that only I could hear them. Jade watched me for a while, and said, "You got it girl. The show will start in about ten minutes and you will be the third performer. Don't be late." I listened to the tape again, and felt that I did have it down. I followed the other girls to the back stage area, and found that Jade was the MC tonight.

Jade announced that the amateur contest was going to start, and that there wasn't going to be any booing or else, and she looked over at the bouncers. She announced the first girl, she did a nice job with a song by Debbie Harry. I was getting very nervous, my stomach was staring to feel like it was full of butterflies. The second girl did a song from the Sound of Music, no not 'Do Re Me'.

Then Jade called my name. I took a deep breath and walked out on stage. I received the same polite applause that the first two girls had. My music started, I had the microphone in my hand, and I just started moving my lips to the words like I had practiced, I also tried to move around the stage as lady like as I could. After I finished, I received a very nice round of applause and a few whistles. I figured that I had done ok. There were two more girls that performed after I was done, they also did a very nice job. When the five of us had finished and the voting was complete, I had finished third in the voting and received a bottle for wine.

After we were done, I went looking for Shelly and Cathy. And, they were still at the booth, with someone else, Janet.

"What are you doing here? I thought that you were sick."

"April fools."

"It's not April."

"I know. I wanted you go out by yourself. You'd never done that, and I figured that this was one way to do it. I also set you up for the amateur contest. Jade did a fantastic job on your hair and makeup. And, you were marvelous with such little practice."

"I can't even trust you.", I said jokingly. "You get me to come here by myself, and set me up for the contest. No trusting you anymore." And, I kissed her.

We sat and talked for awhile. Shelly finally asked, "Any luck with a job yet?"

"No. No one is hiring."

"I know someone that might have a job for you."

"Who?"

"Me."

"You!"

- End Part 5 -

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Briana got her ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... ears pierced in chapter one just before she left the spa.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!