Fairy Tail

Printer-friendly version

Fairy Tail

fairytale.gif
A prose poem.

Once upon a time, there was a fairy who had a tail.

She went dancing one night. She danced the boogaloo and the twist, she danced the monkey and the hotcha, she danced the fever and the watusi. She danced dances that didn't have any name at all.

She danced with Allen and Walter. She danced with Susie Q and Nan the Esquimo. She danced with a werewolf and a member of the Illinois State Police at the same time. She danced with people she didn't even want to know their names, and no one else did either.

She danced in Club 54 and Club 66. She danced in the Coconut and the Kokomo. She danced on top of the table, on top of the bar and on top of Frankie the Stallion's lap. She danced in places no one had ever heard of, before or since.

She shook her tail till it fell off -- and that's the end of her tale.

FairyTale.gif is borrowed from El Goonish Shive copyright by Dan Shive.

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Tee hee hee!

A nice whimsical little poem / tail / tale / whatever!

And does it really matter whether the tail was attached to the anterior or posterior side of the body? :)
 


There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

cute!

I hate to ask what the TG part of this one was. NO! don't tell me! (placing fingers in ears and making non-sense sounds)
Hugs!
grover-

It's obvious, innit?

erin's picture

It's a TG story because I posted it here. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Thanks for the smiles

Thanks for the smiles Erin. This is such a cute tail..erm, tale (giggle).

Merry Christmas Erin to and your family and loved ones, and a very Happy New Year too.

With super love & big as the sky hugs
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thanks, Barbara

erin's picture

I'm pretty sure you know why it's TG. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Hmmm...

It just fell off?... Sorry I've got to go dancing now!
HUGS!
grover-

See!

erin's picture

I borrowed the illustration from the excellent El Goonish Shive by Dan Shive. currently on hiatus, alas.

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Oops

I almost had this tail thing all worked out . . . and then I lost it.

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Ain't it the way things go?

erin's picture

You finally learn how to do something,
And now it's out of style.

You finally remember the name of your third grade teacher,
But no one else wants to know.

You finally figure out what the dancing's all about,
When the music stops.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.