My Christmas Gift

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

My Christmas Gift

by Julie O

Instead of a card; here is a holiday tale about an unusual Christmas gift. Wishing you all a joyful season!

Story:

 

My Christmas Gift
By
Julie O

Edited by Amelia R.


Chapter 1

Where to start? Well, I suppose it started way before I was even born. My mom came from a wealthy family; rather, make that a filthy rich family. Her father, my grandfather, Randal Harper, was an investment banker and everything he touched made money.

However, he also believed in the Andrew Carnegie model of making a fortune and then giving it back. My mom and her sister were given starter funds, and he then gave the rest of his vast fortune away to museums, colleges, inner-city schools, libraries, and well, you get the picture.

My mom used her money to open her own business. Obviously, she had some of her father's touch, and it was successful. My parents sold it and then invested the money in real estate.

I had a comfortable upbringing. We weren't rich, but never had any needs.

My parents liked the upper middle class lifestyle and its associated comfortable boundaries.

The same cannot be said for my Aunt Zelda.

My mom always blamed her parents for Zelda's free spirited attitude. My mom's name is Karen, named after her grandmother. Zelda was named after the wife of the writer F. Scott Fitzgerald, a favorite author of my grandmother.

My dad always said that Zelda marched to the beat of her own bagpiper, meaning she did things her own way and never cared one bit what others thought.

He was right about the fact that she always did things her own way; however, she cared a lot for others too.

Now, Zelda wasn't a slacker or anything like that. She took her money and invested it very aggressively. She was currently a multi-millionaire and global investor.

She had a knack for spotting trends long before anyone else, and at the same time she funded her own pet projects.

My mom and dad could tolerate that, and the fact that Zelda was very rich; what they couldn't stand was how flaky they thought she was.

Aunt Zelda did things that my parents couldn't understand. She marched in protests rallies for a variety of causes. She once chained herself to a redwood tree; she hired planes to fly protest banners at the inauguration of politicians that she didn't like; she was also seen at parties hobnobbing with rock stars and other celebrities.

My parents couldn't understand why she wouldn't grow up, but they just didn't understand that Aunt Zelda was just blessed with the ability to see things the way they should be. I never fully understood this myself until I was nineteen.

Chapter 2

Okay, I've given you some background on my family, now I need to tell you my own past.

I was born Daniel Robert Drake, named after both my grandfathers. I grew up as a pretty normal kid. I accept that I've been blessed with an above average IQ and cursed with a below average sense of conformity. I know that my parents and teachers were frustrated by the way I did things. My parents blamed this on Aunt Zelda, thinking she was a bad influence, but I think I was just born that way.

I always got very good grades, but never studied; I mean, I never studied. I would often not start a report until the evening before it was due, just for the challenge of doing it in one night and still getting the top grade in my class. I once didn't start a test until there was only fifteen minutes left in the class, and much to my teacher's chagrin, I still got the highest grade in the class.

Even though I didn't give in to the standard high school rules of social behavior, I was popular and had plenty of friends. In fact, I was able to move between the various groups in school because of this. I had jock friends and buddies who were stoners. I could go to a Goth party on Friday night and a prep party on Saturday. I suspected that this ability to interact with a variety of groups would come in handy some day.

Thanks to my mindset, I could do things that many other of my classmates would worry about doing. I'm not talking about illegal things, rather things that might hurt someone's social status.

I dressed up as an elf for the school holiday party and then wore the outfit during school, for a week. I dressed up as a girl for Halloween and also for the homecoming dance on a dare. I didn't care, and it was almost expected of me.

By the time I was in my senior year of high school, I had plenty of scholarship offers, but no idea of what I wanted to do. So, I decided to take a year off, which pissed off my parents and earned me praise from Aunt Zelda.

My dad had threatened to throw me out of the house, but he gave in to my plans after I told him that I would go to college the next year. I still had no idea of what I wanted to do, but I figured that I could go to college and decide.

So, I basically hung around the house, read, surfed the net, went to museums, and basically had a great time.

Now, I didn't just become a couch potato, I loved being outside too. I was never big enough to play team sports, as I'm only 5-9 and thin. I love to run, and in my year of freedom I entered and completed two marathons. I also loved hiking, camping, kayaking, and swimming.

As for my looks, I grew my hair long, mainly to be different. By Christmas it was down to the small of my back. Now, I kept it clean and brushed and all that, but it was long.

So, enough of the background info, it's time to talk about when I my life changed, starting on Christmas morning.

Chapter 3

My parents and I had Christmas morning together. We had breakfast and then sat in the living room and opened the presents; my mom loves that sort of family tradition.

They were also getting ready to go to Europe for a week and would be leaving early the next morning. They offered to take me along, but I told them that they should enjoy the trip together. I was quite content to be by myself.

Aunt Zelda was in New Zealand or someplace like that, although she had said that she would be stopping by sometime before New Year's Eve.

"This one is for you from Aunt Zelda," stated Mom as she handed me an ornately wrapped gift.

I took it from her and read the gift card aloud.

"Dear Danny, While I admire your attitude towards life, you need to start to focusing on your future. I hope this gift aids you in your journey. Love, Aunt Zelda"

"Well, I wonder what it could be?" asked Mom.

I opened the gift and began to shake my head as I looked inside the box.

"What is it?" asked Dad.

I reached in and lifted out what looked like a Barbie doll. It had long brown hair like me, and was wearing a business suit. It even had a matching briefcase and laptop computer.

Dad shook his head in disgust. "She's nuts!"

I smiled as I examined the doll. The details were incredible, as I could see that it was holding a cell phone in its hand.

"She gave you a doll?" exclaimed Mom.

"I told you; she's nuts," repeated Dad.

"It's pretty cool, although I have no idea what it has to do with my future," I stated as I studied the doll. "Maybe she thinks I should go into the toy business?"

Chapter 4

It was later that evening, and I was sitting in our living room, looking out at snow falling when I had a strange sensation sweep over me. I turned away from the window and looked around the room. I was alone, as Mom and Dad had gone to bed so they could get up early for their trip.

I was alone, yet something still felt odd. I walked over to the tree, and for some reason, I felt compelled to open up the box that held the doll that Aunt Zelda had given me.

It may have been my imagination, but for just a moment the doll seemed to have a slight glow, as if it had its own aura. I shrugged this off and headed to bed, taking the doll with me.

I sat it down on the chest of drawers across from my bed. I didn't just flop it down; instead, I positioned it so it was sitting on several books with its legs crossed. I wondered why Aunt Zelda had given it to me, and I decided to ask her, assuming she showed up in the next week.

That night I had a series of dreams, and what was strange was that in each one I was a woman. They weren't nightmares... rather they were very pleasant enjoyable adventures, and in each one I was a young woman.

I woke up in the morning feeling quite refreshed. Mom and Dad had already left on their trip, and I had the house all to myself. It was then that it all started.

I thought about my dreams, and I picked up the doll. I felt a slight tingling, and I giggled slightly as I set my doll back down.

I suddenly felt a strange compulsion creeping into my mind. I can't explain it, but with each passing moment, I felt the need to take a bath; well not exactly a bath, I decided to take a bubble bath.

I walked into my parents' bedroom and into their bathroom. Mom had a huge bath installed several years ago, and I stood there looking at it. I looked around and found that Mom had several types of bubble baths. I picked out a lavender scented one, and a short time later, I was soaking in a hot bath.

Now, I couldn't remember the last time that I had taken a bath, let alone a bubble bath, but it felt so good that I couldn't believe what I had been missing.

I stretched out in the hot bubbly water and let out a contented sigh. I could get used to this, I thought. I then ran my hand down one of my legs. Something didn't feel right. The feeling of having hairy legs seemed so foreign. Without thinking, I reached over and took my mom's razor and began to shave my legs.

The silkiness of having smooth legs in the bath felt so nice. I then turned my attention to my underarms, and soon they were hair free.

As soon I left the warmth of the bath, I slipped on my mom's thick robe. I looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my long hair. It was nice, but it lacked something. I looked around and found a curling iron. It took me a few attempts to figure out how to use it, but soon I had curls.

Thankfully, I didn't have much facial hair, and after shaving, my face felt nice and smooth.

I was then drawn to my mom's makeup table. Thanks to taking a few acting classes, I knew how to do makeup, and I began to make my face up. With each step I smiled approvingly at my changing appearance. I had to admit that I made an attractive woman. I decided to see what I would look like completely dressed.

Now, I had dressed as a girl a few times at school, but that had always been for fun. Suddenly, a vision appeared in my mind of how I should dress, and I immediately began to search my mom's wardrobe.

I picked out a matching bra and panties set from Victoria's Secret. They were white with a slight border of lace, very cute, and they fit me perfectly.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find a pair of breast pads, and they filled out the bra quite nicely. I then slipped on a pair of pantyhose. They felt wonderful against my smooth legs.

I then explored my mom's closet. I had always admired my mom's sense of style and even more now. I picked out a gray woolen skirt and a red sweater. I then saw a nice pair of black boots, and to my glee they fit perfectly. I had never realized that I was the same size as my mom.

I finished my wardrobe with jewelry. I took out the studs from my ears and inserted a pair of small gold hoops. I completed my look with a couple of rings, a watch, bracelets, and a necklace.

My nails looked terrible, and it hit me that there was little I could do for them here. I grabbed one of my mom's extra purses, filled it with what I would need, slipped on one of her extra winter coats and headed out of the house.

Chapter 5

Instinctively, I knew where to go as I drove into the city. Mentally, I began to make a list of things I had to do that day. What was strange was that nothing felt out of the ordinary. I was aware that deep down I was a nineteen-year-old guy, but on the surface I was now Danielle Drake, and I was on a mission.

I had never realized how relaxing it was to get a manicure. The woman who did my nails either never suspected my true gender or didn't care. She suggested that I get extensions, and I immediately agreed. I was very pleased with the work she did. My hands looked so feminine now.

My next stop was at a salon, and I was very happy to get a walk-in appointment. My hair looked okay, but I wanted it professionally styled and colored. My brown hair was too drab.

The stylist suggested that I go with a shorter hair style, more fitting for a young woman. She said that she understood how I liked having long hair, but that many girls my age got it cut shorter. We compromised, and I ended up getting a midlength style with medium curls. I also had my hair colored auburn.

My brows were waxed and shaped, and I was very pleased with my new look. The stylist told me that I now looked much more mature. I had to agree with her.

I now needed my own wardrobe. I mean, I liked my mom's things, but I couldn't keep wearing her stuff, could I?

Throwing caution to the wind, I went out on a shopping spree. I bought everything from panties to dresses. I also bought my own makeup, after spending an hour with a makeup expert at the mall.

The first thing I did after I got home was to put away my new things. Without thinking, I boxed up all my male clothes. I could drop them off at Goodwill later.

I then turned my attention to my room. While it wasn't overly masculine, it definitely needed a makeover.

Thankfully, we had some lovely floral bedding in the linen closet, and that made a huge difference. I went up into the attic and found several framed prints that would also look nice. I finished the look with a bouquet of fresh flowers that had been in the living room. There was little I could do about the furniture for now, but maybe I could talk mom and dad into buying me a new bedroom set. I would need a makeup table, but for now my desk could fill in for that.


Chapter 6

I looked at the doll on my chest of drawers, and while I suspected it had something to do with the changes I was undergoing, I had no idea how or why. I just knew that I was very pleased with the way I looked.

I then was drawn to my computer. Feeling a wave of motivation, I began to search for colleges with good business programs. I was happy to see that there were several that I was more than qualified to attend. In fact, several of the colleges were ones that had offered me scholarships.

I began to form a vision of how I wanted my life to go. I wanted to be a businesswoman like my mom.... make that like my aunt.

I picked up the phone and immediately called Aunt Zelda.

"Merry Christmas, Aunt Zelda," I said when she picked up the phone.

"Merry Christmas to you, Daniel," she replied.

"It's Danielle now," I replied in a very matter of fact way. "But you knew that, didn't you, Aunt Zelda?"

There was a slight pause before she replied. "I see, so you like the gift...Danielle?"

"Like? No, I love it, but I have some questions for you," I replied.

"I fully expected that. I will be arriving at the airport tomorrow morning, I think we'd better discuss this is person," she said.

"I look forward to seeing you. Do you want me to meet you at the airport?"

There another small pause. "Um...do you feel up to it, dear?"

"Absolutely. Besides, I can't wait until you see me!" I replied confidently.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

I told her how I had spent my day.

"I see. Now, dear, have you noticed any physical changes, I mean, other than the ones you yourself have initiated?"

"No, why?" I asked.

"You seem to be having a very strong reaction to the process. I was hoping to be with you before it got this far," she replied.

"Does that mean that I'm going to turn into a girl completely?" I asked. I even noticed that I sounded excited about this possibility.

"No, but you will develop feminine characteristics," she replied. "Does that idea scare you?"

I immediately answered, "No, no, it doesn't. Is that part of what's happening?"

"No, not exactly. Look, just stay in this evening, and I'll see you tomorrow. If you want to meet me at the airport, I don't have a problem with that as long as you feel comfortable," she replied.

She then gave me her flight information. I couldn't wait to see her.

Chapter 7

I woke up early the next day, feeling very refreshed. I had slept very soundly that night.

I stripped off my nightgown and, for the first time, noticed that my body was changing.

My nipples were swollen, and my breasts had grown slightly overnight. They weren't big, but it was obvious that something was happening to me. I can't say that I was upset; in fact, I was excited at the possibility of having real breasts.

Instinctively, I knew that they would never be really big, as the women on both sides of my family had small breasts, but I didn't mind, even small breasts would be cool.

I also noticed that my skin felt soft all over. My facial hair was almost gone, and my penis was smaller. Oh, well, I thought, I guess it was a package deal - no pun intended.

For some reason, I decided to dress very professionally to meet Aunt Zelda.

I wore one of Mom's business suits and did my makeup similarly to how I saw her do it.

I also took care to make sure my hair looked good. It was as if I was going to pick up my boss at the airport and not my aunt.

The idea of working for my aunt began to grow as I drove to the airport. I pictured myself traveling around the world as her executive assistant, and I liked that image.

In fact, by the time I got to the airport, I'd decided to greet her employee to boss, instead of niece to aunt. It suddenly felt... well, it felt right.

When I saw her walking towards me, I greeted her. "Good Morning, Ms. Harper."

Now the best way to describe Aunt Zelda is that she looks a lot like Meryl Streep, especially when she wears her hair up.

She smiled back as she inspected me. "How are you this morning, Danielle? I must say I'm very impressed."

"Thank you, Ms. Harper."

A short time later, we were driving back to the house.

"You carried yourself quite nicely back there, Danielle. However, you can call me Aunt Zelda when we're alone."

"Thank you, Aunt Zelda," I replied.

"I know I owe you an explanation, my dear. It's rather complicated," she said.

I didn't reply as I had no idea what to say.

"After we talk, you will have the opportunity to change back. I guess I should have asked you first, but I wanted you to see what life could be like for you first. But I don't want you to think that I'm forcing anything on you," she explained.

I carried her bags inside and up to her room. As she unpacked, she asked me to make a pot of coffee and said that we would talk shortly. She also told me to bring the doll.


Chapter 8

"Cream, no sugar," I said as I handed her a cup of coffee.

"You remembered, very good," she replied.

We sat down at the kitchen table to talk.

She took a sip and set down her cup. "Okay, yes, Danielle you're right; the doll is responsible for your change. I've wanted to find a way to help you become motivated, and this turned out to be the way."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Dear, I've had my eye on you for years; you remind me a lot of myself. I've sought ways during my journeys that might jump-start you. I ran into a woman in South Africa, several years ago. She claimed to be a witch and that she could help me. Seems she appreciated some of the things I've done for the poor there, and well, she told me she had a spell that would serve to motivate you. The only catch was that it would change you."

"So the glow from the doll was real?" I asked.

She nodded. "I picked out a doll that was as close to a business woman as I could find. I didn't think you'd want to be a model or something like that."

I laughed. "So, I really am becoming female?"

"Not completely, it's more like you're mentally female and that you've started female hormones. You won't become totally female, meaning if you want to lose your male organs, it will require surgery."

"A sex change?" I asked. I was slightly disappointed that the changes wouldn't be complete. By now I was past being male and wanted my transformation to be complete.

"They call it sexual reassignment surgery," she replied as she took another sip of coffee.

I shrugged my shoulders. "That's cool, although it would be even better if I changed completely."

Aunt Zelda smiled. "It also means that you're going to have to deal with the fact that your family, your friends, and others will see you as different."

I absorbed her words. Dad wouldn't be happy, and neither would Mom. As for my friends, they would be cool; they've always accepted me as being different. As for people I haven't met, who cares? I mean, I passed pretty well as a woman.

"I can speed up the administrative changes," she said.

"You mean, name change and stuff like that?"

"Exactly," she replied.

"Can I come work for you?" I asked.

"I'd prefer that you go to college, Danielle," she said.

"You didn't go to college," I retorted. "Look, I hate being in school, and besides I can learn more from you than I ever could in some classroom any day."

Aunt Zelda stood up and walked over to the coffeemaker. She poured herself another cup. "Your parents are going to kill me. I mean you look lovely and you obviously like what's happening, but you are their only child."

"We don't have to tell them the truth," I replied. "Look, I haven't exactly been conventional. I'll just tell them that this was all my idea."

"And the physical changes?" she asked. "How do we explain them?"

"Am I going to change overnight?" I asked.

"Not overnight, but the changes will be fast, at least, that's what I was told," she replied.

"We can tell them that I've been taking hormones," I replied.

"I don't know; I'm starting to think this wasn't a good idea. I mean, I've done some dumb things before."

I shook my head. "Aunt Zelda, I have motivation for the first time in my life. I also could care less about being seen as different. I've always been different."

"What about your parents? My god, Karen is going to kill me!" she repeated.

"Again, we'll just tell them that this is my idea. Look, you may have initiated this, but it feels so right - I can't imagine going back to being a boy," I replied.

"Why don't we reverse it, you might feel different?"

I shook my head. "I like being Danielle."

"And you want to work for me?"

I nodded vigorously. "I've always envied your life, Aunt Zelda."

She took another sip of her coffee. "I can be a tough boss. When you're on the clock, you won't get any breaks from me," she replied. "I won't give you special treatment just because you're my niece, in fact I will be harder on you as I will expect more."

"I don't expect any favoritism," I replied immediately.

"Okay. Well, I have some work to do while I'm in town; you feel up to being my assistant?"

"Absolutely!"

She set her cup down. "Okay, the first thing is we need to get you an appropriate wardrobe. That suit might work for your mom, but I expect my assistant to dress with a little more style."

Chapter 9

We spent the entire afternoon shopping. In addition to suits, she bought me eveningwear ranging from casual to elegant.

"Some of my best deals are done over dinner," she explained. "I know your parents have brought you up knowing how to go out to dinner, which will be a plus. However, I'm going to have to teach you international etiquette. Don't worry, Danielle, it's going to be fun too."

In addition to increasing the size of my wardrobe, I had my hair styled again.

"Trust me, dear, a shorter style is easier to maintain, and it looks much more professional," she said. "However, that color looks great on you."

I ran my fingers through my hair. It was the shortest it had been in ages. The funny thing was that I looked more feminine with short hair.

She also bought me a laptop, cell phone, PDA, and all the other tools of my new job.

On the way back to the house, she told me more of my new job. It wouldn't be easy, but I was strangely motivated and excited about the prospects of working for her.

"By the way, you're now being paid, but consider what we've spent today to be a gift," she explained. "Now, if after the next few days, you still want to work for me, you're going to have to move. While I do travel a lot, my home does have an attached apartment that would be perfect for you. As we are doing right now, when we're alone, you're my niece."

I glanced over at her. "Thank you," I replied.

"Now, tomorrow I have a short business meeting to attend. You will come with me. All you have you have to do is carry my briefcase and handle any paperwork I give you. Do you think you can handle that Miss Drake?"

I giggled slightly. "Yes, Ms. Harper."

Aunt Zelda cocked her head slightly. "It just might be my imagination, but your voice sounds higher and slightly softer, are you doing that?"

I shook my head. "I don't think so, but I don't mind."

Chapter 10

We ate dinner at my house that night. There was a message from Mom and Dad on the answering machine. They were in London and just wanted to let me know everything was okay.

Over dinner, Aunt Zelda talked to me about my duties as her assistant.

"Danielle, just so know, I plan on using this job to train you for bigger things. You can rise as far as your talents will take you. While I do think there are benefits to a formal education, you can learn much just by observing and keeping your mind open. If you don't know what to do, ask questions. If you make a mistake, learn from it and don't repeat it."

I mentally recorded everything she said. My education was just beginning, and I intended to learn everything she taught me.

"When we're alone feel free to ask me anything," she continued.

"I will, Aunt Zelda," I replied. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

She smiled back. "You're welcome, Danielle. You know, with each passing moment, it's harder and harder to imagine you as a boy."

I was slightly surprised by her response. "You mean that?"

She nodded.

"I feel the same way. I mean, I've only been doing this for a couple of days, but it's like I've been this way my whole life."

Aunt Zelda rubbed her chin as if she was contemplating something. "I just wonder if that witch was totally honest with me about the spell."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're changing in all ways, Danielle; I'm wondering how far it will progress."

"Well, I like everything that has happened so far," I replied.

"Are you prepared for everything?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you are an attractive young woman now, and that will bring additional 'things' into your life, if you know what I mean," she said.

"You mean... boys?" I asked. I was slightly embarrassed by the fact that I hadn't thought of that first.

She nodded. "Does that bother you?"

"I really don't know. I mean, I considered myself to be heterosexual as Danny, but right now I don't know what to think," I replied honestly. "I mean, I like girls, so I have that to fall back on."

"Yes, I suppose that's true," said Aunt Zelda. "I want you to know that you can talk about anything regarding this."

"Thanks, Aunt Zelda," I replied.

Chapter 11

When I woke the next morning, I found that my breasts had grown a bit more. They were still small, and my chest looked a girl starting puberty.

I decided to show Aunt Zelda.

The look on her face confirmed what I saw.

"I'd like to make an appointment for you with my doctor. Don't worry; she has dealt with transgendered patients before. I just want to make sure that you're okay," she said.

"I'm not worried, Aunt Zelda; in fact, I love the fact that I'm changing. I can't thank you enough."

"Just remember that after we tell your parents," she said.

I laughed. "It will be okay."

I dressed in a dark navy suit and was very conservative with my makeup. I wanted to make a good impression.

Just as Aunt Zelda had said, my job was to take the paperwork she was handed and organize it in her case. I also studied the people in the meeting.

It was very interesting watching the body language of the participants. I also saw very quickly that Aunt Zelda was no one to take lightly. She was a very tough negotiator

The meeting took three hours, and when we left, Aunt Zelda gave me a wink.

It wasn't until we got into the car that she explained its meaning.

"I ate their lunch," she said gleefully. "I would have been happy if I got half of the things I presented to the them. I mean, I got all of them."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I've found that men often take women for granted. They came in thinking that it would be a cakewalk, and they were totally unprepared. It won't happen again, at least not if they realize what happened in there."

"I'll remember that," I said.

Just then her cell phone rang. She talked for a few minutes before signing off.

"Well, it looks like we have a dinner invitation this evening."

"Is it work or pleasure?" I asked.

"My, you learn quickly. It's both. The CEO of one of the main companies I work with is in town, and he wants to have a little dinner meeting. It's at eight at Morton's, men love those sorts of places, red meat, cigars, testosterone...." She then began to giggle.

"Do you need me to drive you there?" I asked.

"Danielle, you're coming along. This will be another great opportunity for you."

Chapter 12

I had always heard women talk about the little black dress, but it was only now that I understood its importance. It looked elegant enough for dinner, yet professional enough for business.

"The hardest thing to get used to is the shoes," I commented as we drove to the restaurant.

"Heels take time to break in. I'm impressed with how comfortably you walk in them," she remarked.

I won't bore you with details about the dinner. It wasn't all that exciting. Mr. Foster was in his fifties and carrying thirty more pounds than he should have; still, his tailored suit fit perfectly.

Aunt Zelda and he made what initially sounded like small talk, but gradually I came to recognize it had a deeper meaning. They were actually negotiating a contract.

Mr. Foster's assistant was a man in his late twenties with a neatly trimmed goatee. He had a slight accent that I placed to be from somewhere around Boston. As dinner progressed, I began to notice that he was paying more and more attention to me.

After dinner, Mr. Foster turned to his assistant. "Greg, why don't you and Ms. Drake go to the bar; Ms. Harper and I have a few things to discuss."

I looked at Aunt Zelda, who nodded.

Now, technically I was underage, but I also didn't have any ID with me, so I couldn't really be carded. I walked to the bar with Greg.

"What would you like to drink, Danielle?" he asked.

"What do suggest?" I asked.

He smiled, and to my shock, he ordered me a Cosmopolitan. Now, I've had some experience with drinking, but it was limited to beer and wine. I couldn't believe how strong the drink was, but I smiled and thanked him. I also found that I liked the taste and immediately decided that it would now be my drink.

"How long have you been working for Ms. Harper?" he asked as he sipped his martini.

"I've only been in my current position for a few months," I replied.

Initially, we made small talk about work. Thanks to my ability to blend in, I was able to fake it pretty well. Then the conversation shifted and got more personal.

It was obvious, even to a new woman like me that he was hitting on me. I should have been scared, I should have been angry, I should have been disgusted, but I was none of the above. Instead, I was very flattered. He was a handsome man, who found me attractive - well, at least enough to buy me a drink.

Thankfully, it didn't go any further. I mean, I wasn't quite ready for that step, but it was intriguing.

On the way home I told Aunt Zelda.

"You sure it wasn't the drink?" she asked.

"It was very good, but I only had a couple of sips," I replied. "I never thought I'd say this, but I like men."

"That's wonderful, dear, but please be careful. You still have something extra, and that can freak out most men."

'I'm not going to have it for long," I stated. "I want to get the surgery as soon as possible. "

Aunt Zelda didn't say anything, but her silence said it all.

"Aunt Zelda, I'm just not caught up in the moment. I know that I'm changing, and I love it. I mean, a few days ago I was adrift without any plans. I told Dad that I would go to college in the fall only so he would quit bugging me. I planned on doing nothing there. Now, I'm motivated and want to have a career. I also love the changes that I'm experiencing. You have no idea how happy I am."

"Still, I plan on having a talk with that woman the next time I'm in Cape Town."

"I hope that I'm with you so I can thank her," I replied.

Chapter 13

When I got up the next morning, I discovered the physical changes were continuing. In addition to now having small A-cup sized breasts, my waist was thinner and my hips wider, I was very pleased by the changes.

I didn't mind that my penis was also much smaller. It was thicker, but barely an inch in length. My testicles were also shrinking.

My voice was also higher, and I didn't have to try to sound feminine.

"I wonder how much farther this will go," I said over breakfast.

"Maybe we should call your parents," suggested Aunt Zelda.

I shrugged my shoulders. "What can they do... except freak out?"

"That's true. Damn, I'm so sorry that I did this to you. I should have asked first."

"Aunt Zelda, I love what's happening to me. You gave me the greatest gift. Please don't blame yourself."

We headed into town to do some shopping. By now, I looked so different from when I was Danny that I didn't really worry if I ran into someone I knew. I mean, I doubt they would recognize me, and if they did, so what?

I would find out how much I had changed that day.

Aunt Zelda and I were checking out a local bookstore when I saw a friend from school.

His name was Kevin, and he must have been home from college. He was wearing a leather coat with a Princeton sweatshirt underneath.

Kevin was nearly six-two and very athletic. His eyes were dark blue, and he had thick wavy brown hair. I had never realized it before; he was quite handsome.

Considering the way I now looked and the way I was dressed, I wasn't concerned.

He then looked over at me, and a big smile broke out on his face. He walked over towards me.

"I'll be damned; I've been home for a few days, and you're the first person from school I've run into. How are you doing, Danielle?" he stated as he greeted me with a friendly hug.

He called me Danielle... and he hugged me!

"Umm, hi Kevin. How're you doing?" I asked. I smiled back; wow, he really was cute.

"Home from college, it's pretty brutal, but I'm glad I'm going there. How're you doing?"

"I'm working for my aunt," I replied.

"Cool, I always knew you'd go far, beauty and brains!" he stated with a grin.

Holy crap! He really thought I was a girl. I mean, I had known Kevin since first grade.

"I bet you say that to everyone," I replied. Oh god, that was corny.

"So are you in town for a while?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Do you have plans for New Years Eve?" he asked.

Without thinking, I shook my head.

"I was invited to a party at Chuck Quincy's; you remember him, right?"

I nodded. I felt all giddy inside at the fact that he was interested in me.

"So, you want to go?"

"Are you asking me to go with you?"

Kevin nodded. "Yes. Is it a date?"

Again without thinking I nodded. 'I'd love that, Kevin."

"Great! I'll pick you up at eight, okay?'

"That's sounds good, Kevin," I replied as I struggled to hold in my emotions.

He smiled and then leaned over and gave me quick kiss on the cheek.

"I was hoping to see you, Danielle." He then walked away.


Chapter 14

"Let me get this straight, not only he did call you Danielle, but he asked you out on a date?" asked Aunt Zelda.

We were sitting in the car in the municipal parking lot.

I nodded. "I was too stunned to turn him down. Aunt Zelda and get this... he kissed me!"

"Do you have your wallet with you?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied. I opened it up and took out my driver's license. I let out a gasp. I stared at it and couldn't speak. I handed it to Aunt Zelda.

"Oh, my God!" she exclaimed.

It stated that my name was Danielle Roberta Drake, and my gender was female. I began to look at the rest of my identification, and it had all changed.

I didn't know what to say. "Well, at least we won't have to see your lawyer now," I said.

"Are you okay?" asked Aunt Zelda.

I broke out in a big smile. "Yes. This really does make things easier. I wonder if everyone thinks I'm a girl?"

"I don't know," said Aunt Zelda.

We drove home, and as we entered the house I began to notice other changes. The family photos on the wall now showed me as a girl.

Aunt Zelda stared in wonder at the photographs. I then noticed the answering machine had a new message.

I pressed the play button and heard my mom's voice.

'Hi, Honey, we missed you again. Hope you're having a good time with Aunt Zelda. We're really happy that you're going to be working for her. We're having a wonderful time, and we'll be back on the third. See you then. Love you, Danielle."

I stood by the machine and replayed it three times as it sunk in. Aunt Zelda walked over and put her arm around me and gave me a big hug.

I started to cry, but they weren't tears of pain. I was so happy that I wouldn't have to confront my parents.

Chapter 15

"Well?" asked Aunt Zelda as she stood in the hallway with her arms crossed.

I walked out of the bathroom and nodded. A big smile appeared on my face. "I'm complete, Aunt Zelda. I have no idea when it happened, but I have a vagina... I'm a complete woman now!"

Zelda gave me a long hug. I felt tears rolling down my face again as we hugged.

When we finished hugging, she picked up her phone and called her doctor.

"Since you're now my employee, I'm paying for your physical. I don't expect there to be any problems, but we might as well make sure," she said.

"So, it looks like we're the only ones who know what happened," I said as I sat down on the couch.

Aunt Zelda sat down next to me. "It looks that way. Are you okay?"

"That's what is so weird. Everything feels so normal. I'm even starting to have memories of being a girl," I said. "I'm just glad that I can share this with you."

"I can imagine. It would be very hard to go through this sort of thing alone."

"I'm also excited about working for you," I said.

"We're going to kick some butts together."

Chapter 16

Well, that was ten years ago. At times, I can't even believe it happened. I have no proof that I was once a male. Only Zelda and I appear to have any memories of me being a boy.

The doll that she gave me disappeared right after my change was complete. We went to South Africa together three times and found no trace of the woman who cast the spell. I wish we could have found her, as I would have loved to have thanked her.

I guess it's all for the best. I've had a great life since that Christmas. I'm now running all of Aunt Zelda's North American investments, and eventually I'll be the CEO if I want it.

Things have been wonderful with my parents. To them, I've always been their daughter, Danielle. They are so proud of all my accomplishments, and they've finally accepted Aunt Zelda for who she is.

I'm also glad that I attended that party, as if I hadn't, I would have never met your father.

I guess the reason that I'm writing this all down is so that maybe someday, when you're both ready, I will show you this. But considering you two are still a month away from being born, we have plenty of time, my dears. I can't wait to meet both of you.

The other reason I'm writing this is that I'd like you to know why I named you Daniel and Zelda and that there is real magic out there — especially at Christmas time!

Love, Mom.

The End



Wishing everyone a joyful holiday!
Love,
Julie O
&
Amelia R.

<

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That was a really nice read!

Frank's picture

I really enjoyed this story. It was a pleasant quick feel-good story, that leaves you happy when you're done.

Very Nice!!

Angel's Defender

Hugs

Frank

I couldn't resist ...

Breanna Ramsey's picture

I just have this thing about competitions, ever since I was a kid. I played the flute then and won superior medals at state competitions, but I could never bring myself to listen to the performances of others. Seeing a story by Julie for this though, I just had to read it.

Well, I loved it! Such a wonderful image of self discovery and the magic of Christmas. For the last couple of years the holidays have been very hard for me. Thank you Julie for giving me a little joy at Christmas.

Sincerely,
Scott

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Lazarus Long
Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enoough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Much better than a card

This was great! I am having a great Christmas, because of all of the Christmas stories this year! Much better than a card Julie O!
Hugs!
grover-

Julie, Thank you so muc

Julie,

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I especially liked that the conflicts were mainly internal. And the ending? Precious.

Gotta wonder what happens if her twins ever show the diary to the grandparents, though. ;)

Deni

Christmas

An early christmas gift!! Well thank you Julie. It is a delightful tale. And, as short as it is, you were still able to pull a surprise ending on me. I love it. As usual with your stories, this had clear cut characters and a straight line plot. Add the the exra fine story telling skills and you have another gem from Julie. As always, love from April.

Thank you Julie. I am not nor

Thank you Julie. I am not normally a reader for magical transformation stories, but this one is sweet, sentimental and heartfelt. The characters here come alive with enthusiasm, the dialogue is perfect for the story, and the scenery is great. Thank you for sharing this sweet tale of a very special Christmas gift.

With super love & big as the sky hugs
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."