Silver Blood: The Cost

Printer-friendly version
allhallowsevesignxlg.gif
Silver Blood
The Cost
By Stanman63

Edited By Nora Adrienne

Synopsis: When the great grandson has inherited both of their legacies. And is sought out by the creatures of the night. Young Jekyll finds that the Dream Master has discovered his secret and has used his evil to destroy Jekyll's will and turn him against the bane of creatures of the night: Silverblood.


[-][+][-]

My name is Jekyll Griffin, the great grandson of Dr. Jack Griffin, first invisible man and Dr. Henry Jekyll / Mr. Edward Hyde. I have inherited both of their gifts, unfortunately for me. Many Wiccan Witches have expressed an interest in me, hoping that I will reveal to them the Family Secrets of Invisibility and the infamous Hyde Formula.

Try as I might, they do not believe that those secrets are destroyed as being like the MONKEY'S PAW , I should know because my family has had to deal with the fact that the secrets are now in our blood.

My parents and I have been living with our mixed blessings and have learned how to deal with it. Both of my parents have learned how to control their gifts and pass that knowledge onto me.

Daddy's name is Jackson Griffin, a research scientist with MIT. His main research is into applying the scientific method to such things as vampires and werewolves. He has succeeded in developing a vaccine for both as well as ways to defeat without killing the target so that he can possibly cure them.

He has taken great steps to keep from fading and has learned how to control his density so that he can phase through objects like Shadowcat of the X-Men. He also taught me his skills.

Momma's name is Helen Jekyll, she an excessive instructor at Sportsplex where she conducts individual excessive programs to students of all walks of Life. There may be an athlete that was injured and needs to get back into condition or someone who is recovering from an accident. She modifies the program to fit their need.

Momma has learned how to control the Hyde personae with yoga and meditation that gives her control over her more bestial body. She is much like the She-Hulk in her tougher body that is resistant to injury and heals fast. She also taught me her unique skills.

As the inheritor of BOTH legacies, I learned how to phase and harness my HYDE side while still a child. I might have been the shortest boy in my class, but I was also the toughest and the bullies soon learned not to mess with me, or my friends. But our utopia was soon to become our Hell on Earth as the Dream Master attacked us.

[-][+][-]

It was on the Halloween during my seventeenth year that tragedy struck, it was then that the secret of my body was turned into my personnel nightmare. I was born intersexed, complete with female and male plumbing with male being dominant, leaving me androgynous.

This year, I was Mary Jane when she wore the waitress uniform in Spiderman. I loved the way that the white tights caressed my legs while the dresses hem just did hide my red bloomers, and my red Mary Janes topped off my costume.

I also wore a flesh-tone gaffe that made me look like a girl, even able to have sex with it. I got it from Miss Bailey, Hammond High School's Drama Teacher. I was chosen to be a nurse in a play and the uniform was so short that I needed the gaffe to hide what I had. That was the first time that I truly felt that I was a woman.

At the Halloween party, I danced and pranced, generally forgetting that I was really a boy. Four rowdy guys dressed as Dracula accosted me as I went to the toilet and used chloroform to knock me out.

But I fought them as I always did any bullies and knocked them out before I succumb to the gas. I awoke to find myself in the Nurses Office with my dress a bit rumpled.

My attackers were the Barracudas, a group of toughs that worked with the Sharks, the city's largest gang. Principal Rodman had them sent to Folsom Prison where the Prianh's were sent. The 'Cudas wouldn't last long there.

I drove home in my KITT Trans Am. Entering the estate grounds, I saw that the once verdant lawn was now dead with only the stone wall and walkway being whole, incorrupt of the evil that had invaded the estate.

I entered the house, ready for most anything. It was evident that an Evil had invaded the Estate and possibly had taken over everything. But what Evil was it? Dracula was defeated and Yorga had never attacked me. Could I be like Van Helsing and find that my family's Legacy was coming home to roost?

[-][+][-]

It was as I feared, I saw my father, now animated by the Dream Master walk to me wearing that red and blue striped sweater, hat and dagger glove that was his trademark, "Well, Jackie, how do you like what I've done to your fixer-upper?" he laughed.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

"I have made his Dream come true, in a most interesting way and taken over his body," he explained as he tapped his daggers on the railing.

"His Dream was to see me continue my Legacies."

"That he Dreams, which allows me to make it your Nightmare," he sneered.

"I don't know how, but Mother and I shall defeat you."

Freddie laughed, "YOUR MOTHER? COME AND SEE HER!"

Mother came forward from the den at his command. Her once vibrant body, now pale with decay, "HOW DID YOU CORRUPT HER!?"

"Like your father, she is dreaming her Dream. And soon, both will be dreaming a Nightmare as I deal with you," he chuckled.

"Be that as it may, I will cure them and defeat you."

"How?"

"SILVERBLOOD."

"Them? They go after vampires and werewolves!"

I produced a dagger balanced for throwing, "They also battle the other dark forces as I have."

He shrunk away from its Holy light until he was in shadows, "Then live the Nightmare!"

I felt my body transform into a woman's body as the breast forms melded with my chest and the gaffe fused to my groin, "How is this possible?"

"As the Dream Master, I can affect realty when another dream to make your living Nightmare."

"I may look like a woman, but I am still able to wield my power."

"What can you do?"

I held up the dagger again, "Break your hold on them."

"NOOO!"

Then I sent the dagger flying into my father where its unique properties cut off the Dream and sent him to the Silver Blood Compound's infirmary.

"HA! YOU HAVE ONLY ONE DAGGER! YOU CAN'T SAVE YOUR MOTHER!"

I held up my hand and the dagger appeared in my hand, "I need only one, Dream Master," I taunted as I threw it at my mother who was sent to be with my father.

"YOU SAVED THEM! NOW SAVE YOURSELF!" He thundered as he came at me with his glove.

I felt weak as I backpedaled away from his attack, wishing that I'd gotten a shield from Silver Blood the last time that I was there. I thought that the Dagger of Armageddon would have been enough, but with him blocking it's return, I needed something else.

As he laughed as he continued slashing at me, I noticed that he avoided my dagger'd sheath. I reached and found the dagger which appeared I withdrew it from its sheath. Now I felt empowered and launched an attack upon him, driving him away.

"I'LL BE BACK, TOOTS!" he promised as he faded away.

"What happens to me, now?"

[-][+][-]

I saw an angel appear, wearing a white suit, "You may continue to live here, but be warned, although you will not be harmed, physically, you will be mentally."

"Who are you?"

I am Barnabas Collins, reformed vampire. Now I am your Aide against the Dream Master as I am immune to his antics."

"I will stay."

"Good, then I can relax, and let my shield encompass the house."

I went to my room to shower for bed. I knew that I could trust Collins to protect everything because the dagger hadn't reacted to his appearing. I showered and washed my matted hair as the water washed away my sweat. But the shame on my soul remained. I had utterly failed my family, and now we would all pay until I found and defeated the Dream Master. I finally went to bed, unable to stay awake now that the evil was at bay, for now, unable to invade my dreams.

[-][+][-]

The Daggers of Armageddon were specially crafted from gold, silver and gopher wood and held a piece of manna in the hilt, moistened by a drop of wine from the First Communion.

Each was balanced for throwing with a return spell that was tuned to its owner, otherwise, it'd stay where it landed unless recalled by the owner. Best of all, each dagger gave its owner complete protection against evil.

[-][+][-]

I had a week to go in school, all that was left was attending to listen to the different colleges that had come to entice us to join. They mailed my diploma to me. But I did choose one, based upon my legacy and theirs. Phoenix State College was the headquarters of the Silver Blood Foundation.

They were a group of scientist who had developed their own immunity to vampirism and werewolfism. I had sent them my application and been accepted. They taught in their chosen discipline, but were responsible for cleaning up many cities that were infected. I had read about the origins of Silver Blood, and knew that they could help

[-][+][-]

I packed my belongings in my Willis Jeep, I had $100,000 available after I had the utilities cut off and listed my parents as away on vacation. I'm 21 now, but I was 17 when I left for college. The moment I decided to attend college I also decided to become the woman I was forced to become.

I never looked back as I put my plan into motion as I drove to Phoenix Arizona. The farther I got from home, the calmer I became, knowing that I was safe, now. My jeep was proofed against evil. Now, a car thief MIGHT have a chance, if the alarm was inactive. But the alarm is connected to an A.I. system so that I can have my car act when I can't.

[-][+][-]

On the morning of the day I registered, I wore matching bra and panties and hose with a red pleated mini skirt with a cream pullover top, black sandals and a red jacket. My hair was pulled back in a ponytail, held with a cream satin ribbon, simple gold earrings and nothing more, soft red lipstick, and a bit of perfume. I gathered up my things and put them in my only purse, opened the door, and set out for the college.

I half expected them to question my credentials, but administration was busy enrolling new students, and without the slightest question, I was entered into the rolls as a female, Freshman, class of 04. My picture was taken and all at once I had my first legal identification that said I was a female! At another desk the scholarships and loans that I was due as my male self was authorized by a petite granny.

"Don't worry, Missy. I won't reveal your secret." she smiled.

"What secret?"

"I too am a special girl. I had my surgery years ago."

"I was born a boy, but magic has made me a girl."

"No surgery?"

"No."

"Then I must let it be known."

"Don't worry, Barnabas Collins was there to help me. He knows about me."

"Then expect to meet some people who can help you with your plight."

"May I know your name?"

"Just call me Granny, everybody else does."

"Thanks."

"You will be staying at the Silver Blood women's dorm with two other girls."

"Are they like us?"

"No, they are genetic girls."

I had expected to have a single room! But no amount of pleading would change Granny's mind, as far as the woman assigning rooms was concerned, I was lucky to just be there!

[-][+][-]

As I unpacked my few things I knew I could, and would, do this. My wardrobe of old cheerleader uniforms had the school name replaced with S.B. for Silver Blood. Luckily, Silver Blood's colors were red and blue, too. Those were for my gym time I had plenty of other clothes from my mother's wardrobe, luckily, we were the same size.

This ought to be good, Wait until they get a load of what kind of girl I am! Then it will certainly hit the fan, and once again I'll be out. I said to myself. I was afraid that my roommates would reject me once they knew the truth.

Since I didn't have enough money to live off campus, I had no choice and decided to wait and see what would happen. I got the directions and a key, and then found the dorm. My room was on the ground floor.

I unlocked the door and went in. Not expecting anyone to be there, I started to look around, and as I opened a bedroom door, I was surprised to see two girls firmly in a clinch, both naked, their lips locked one to the other. They scrambled to gather up some clothes, even as I knew, all at once, that this might work out just fine. They were lesbians, and should have no qualms about my secret. They were worried about being caught in the throes of passion. I knew that now was the perfect time.

"Hi, sorry to break things up. My name is Jackie Hyde."

"Hi" the petite red head said, I'm Sherry, and this brunette is Julie. We live here, too."

"That's OK, I have the feeling that we will become friends."

They quickly dressed and when we all met in the dorm dining room where we got a soda and a sandwich for lunch. I decided to just tell them my secret.

"You two have nothing to worry about."

"Thanks, we are trying to keep our love for each other a secret."

"Why?"

"We are genetic witches, working for Silver Blood."

"Why would that be any trouble, Sherry?"

"Because of the anti gay group here."

"Then we are all in the same boat, then."

"Are you a lesbian, too?"

"No, Julie. I am not, sorry. I was born a boy, but magic made me a girl. I came here because of Silver Blood, too."

We all stared at one another for a moment, the silence pregnant with anticipation, then Julie started laughing. "Jackie is right! This is going to work out just fine!"

We talked for hours, all of us pouring our history out to each other. They had met in high school and discovered each other in a more personal way. I told them about my legacy and how Freddie turned me into a girl.

[-][+][-]

Sherry looked at the clock on the cable box, "Are you girls hungry?"

"What's on your mind, Lover?"

"We need to go to the store for groceries, unless everybody wants last night's meatloaf for lunch."

"We can go in my jeep."

"Thanks, Jackie. I've been wondering if you have car."

"Not just a car. It's a restored Willis Jeep like you see on M*A*S*H with all the modern conveniences."

"Who put that much work into it?"

I sighed, "My daddy. Grandpa brought it home after Korea and used it on the farm. Then Daddy got it and made it into the family camper with the beds in the jeep and everything else in a trailer. When I got it, I added a mini kitchen."They hugged me, "Dad sick?" asked Julie.

"Both he and Momma are here in the hospital, thanks to Freddy."

We got into my Willis and went shopping for groceries and clothes at the Silver Blood Commissary which had everything that a student or teacher would need at wholesale prices. Local farmers provided the raw produce that was packaged in cans, frozen, prepared meals, and raw produce. By utilizing the recycling industry to reuse the cans and plastic, the college saved millions every year and passed it on to the customers in lower prices.

I moved into the dorm. I had my own room while they stayed in another. The third we made into an office for us where we could study. We each had a computer in our room, and another one in the office. They were helping me unpack, but Sherry's constant shaking of her head finally got to me.

"What's wrong?"

"Your wardrobe is so BLEH."

"Oh? What about my uniforms?"

"Their Okay. But this other stuff is so frumpy!"

"I have to admit that Momma's wardrobe was a bit dated, but what could I do?"

Julie laughed, "Girl, we can trade this stuff in at the Commissary and get you some more modern clothes."

We went to the Commissary and exchanged my mother's wardrobe for clothing more in my age range with the understanding that when Momma recovered, she'd get her wardrobe back. That way, I could save money as I attended college.

[-][+][-]

As the days went by we became like sisters to one another, including dating, if you can believe it. Julie began dating an Jewish boy named David Benjamin. His family had immigrated to America during the Holocaust and stayed as they had become wealthy from their investments in real estate. Since then, his family has served Silver Blood by obtaining different treasures such as the Ark of the Covenant, Aaron's Staff, and Sampson's Lion Skin Cloak among many lesser items.

I met them in the bowling alley where I saw them snuggling in the cafeteria, "Julie? I can't believe it!" I exclaimed as I sat by them.

"Believe it, Jackie. When I met David Benjamin, I met my true love."

"What about Sherry?"

"I still love her, but Benji has my Heart."

"I'm glad that you found him, but what about Sherry? Does she know?"

"She does, and couldn't be happier for me since she has a beau."

"She does?"

"Yep! You'll like him, too."

We had fun that night bowling, and when it came time to leave, she came home with me. They chose to wait until their wedding night to make love.

[-][+][-]

Sherry began dating Sebastian Cole, a British National. His family stayed in England, but when he proved to be a wizard, he was sent to Silver Blood in order to develop his gifts as Merlin and Gandalf were his Ancestors.

The next night, I met Sherry and Sebastian Cole at the ice rink. They were dressed alike in black. I saw her in her black skate dress and rushed to the rink where they saw me in my white dress.

"Hey Jackie! Why are you here?"

"Coming to see if what Julie said was true," I responded as I skated up to them.

"It's true," she giggled.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Sebastian."

"Pleased to meet you. I'm glad that she found you, too."

"Because they are both lesbians?"

"No. Because they'd found each other, now they've both found their beaus."

"Jackie, we still love each other. It's just that now, we've found a man who we Love."

"Then why were you two....?"

"WE were lonely and had experimented before we came here. Becoming a couple just seemed right."

"Sebastian, is her past OK with you?"

Absolutely! David and I were lovers before. So we now have a most unusual agreement."

"Where you can swap partners, and have a group orgy?"

"Yes."

I had fun skating and watching them skate. I must admit that Julie and Sebastian made a lovely couple. But what about me?

[-][+][-]

But the man that I started dating was a GODSEND. He was Jacob Foster, twin brother of Cade Foster of First Wave fame. After the events of First Wave, Cade was recruited by Silver Blood because of his resistance to mental probing and immunity to evil forces. Silver Blood had been able to find his twin brother Jason who'd been kidnapped by Voodoo Witches to become the host of one of their dying witches.

He was rescued as a child and learned how to harness his gifts and trained in retrieval and combat. Due to their psychic link, Cade knows what Jason does as he is currently working with other field agents in different hot spots to kill vampires and were creatures who thrive upon human blood.

Jacob's Mister Universe physique made me want to bed him as soon as I saw him, but he was a gentleman and did not take advantage of my lust. We dated as I learned how to use my gifts against the Dream Master so that I could free my parents from their endless dream.

"Jacob, I've come to Love you, but I can't let myself Love you."

"Why?"

"Because I was born a boy and was transformed into a girl. I am NOT a real woman," I wept.

He held me has I wept bitter tears, "That matters not to me."

"Oh?"Could he Love me?

"Jackie, ever since I saw you in the diner, I knew that you were the one for me. When I spoke to Julie and Sherry, they told me about you and that made me Love you even more."

"Why?"

"Back in England, my family has met many girls like you, so how could I not Love you?"

"You mean to say that England is full of boys spelled to become girls?"

"No, We know many boys who've had the operation to become girls."

"So, you really fancy me?"

"Yes, and want to marry you."

"But I must defeat the Dream Master to free my parents. I cannot ask you to help me."

"I'm volunteering."

"But I'm not ready to fight!"

"Get training at the Silver Blood Dojo."

[-][+][-]

I went to the Silver Blood Dojo where I learned how to fight using my gifts against the Dream Master and his minions. He had dreaming monsters of all types that he could call upon.

I learned how to fight them using my invisibility gift to phase myself through their bodies as well as call upon my Hyde strength for berserker fury.

I also went through survival training in every environment to be able to adapt to any environment and gain immunity to the cold, flu, and pneumonia, as well as able to digest most foods without allergies, and immunity to poisons.

As a part of my training, I learned C.P.R. and where to land a killing blow as well as the meditation needed to overcome fatigue and pain in battle and relax after battle.

[-][+][-]

After my training was complete, Jacob and I set out for home to defeat Freddy Krueger: The Dream Master. Unlike the Dream Warriors who'd defeated him, before, we were using weapons and tactics foreign to him that would utterly destroy him.

I was now ready to face him and his slave, Jason Voorhees.

[-][+][-]

Jacob and I were wed after I graduated. After our honeymoon, we set out for my family home to defeat my enemy. I carried me dagger in a sheath on the side of the black bodysuit that I wore along with Native American Dream Catchers to drain Freddy of his power so that I could stab him in the Heart and kill him, ending his legacy of evil.

Entering the house, I went to the safe and extracted everything and locked it back. The Estate was sold and all of the furniture was delivered to a new home on campus.

As I closed the safe, after resetting the alarm, Jacob came to me, wearing a black bodysuit as I was, "I have looked for Freddy, but no sight of him."

"He's after me, not you."

Freddy appeared behind Jacob, "Welcome back, Toots. I see that you've brought me a toy." he laughed.

Jacob dodged away as I threw the dagger into Freddy's heart, causing him to explode.

[-][+][-]

I defeated my foe, but at great cost. My parents died when I killed Freddy, leaving me the last of two legacies.

But I am now a woman married to my True Love. So in the end, I gained more than I lost

THE END FOR NOW


To Be Continued...

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dark Shadows

terrynaut's picture

Oh, my, Stan. You certainly packed a lot into this story, maybe too much. Still, it had its moments, and it's definitely horror. You should proudly use the horror story tag.

Thanks for the story.

- Terry

P.S. What a strange coincidence. I was thinking about Dark Shadows earlier today when I was at work. Weird!

I Don't Know

Seems sexually exciting to swap partners and then gender.
But I agree there was a lot to follow.

Never mind

please delete. Thank you.