Boys Will Be Boys - 5 - Impressive, Me? OR The Spy Who Brained Me

Printer-friendly version
Boys Will Be Boys
by Saless
Chapter 5 — Impressive, Me?
OR
The Spy Who Brained Me

Last time...
I took him through the whole story from the beginning. He didn't stop me once, just sat there and took notes on a little notepad. He changed pages a lot, I think he must have filled the whole pad!

By the end Marcie was crying openly and had her head on my shoulder. Mrs. Donner had a few tears in her eyes, too. Officer Daniels was scowling. "That's quite a story, John. If we hadn't already searched your aunt's house, I might have trouble believing it. We found the estrogen she was giving you, and that locked basement room. We also found the tactical baton she used to break your ribs. There are still tests to run, including a blood test on you to prove the estrogen is in your system, but it's going to be a slam dunk, I think. You're a really brave kid." he said.

I shook my head, "If I was really that brave I would have broken out of there a lot sooner, instead of giving in to my aunt and dressing and acting like a girl."


"Hey, no tears." he said with a crooked grin. He started to get up, but when I flinched he sat back down. "You were in a no win situation." he continued as if nothing happened. "You did the only you could do. You played along and observed her routines and your surroundings until you could find a way out. Lots of people would have been broken and stopped fighting at all."

"He's right John, you really are brave. Too brave, sometimes." Marcie said.

"Well, I've got to talk to a doctor about getting that blood test. And I've got quite a report to write! Thanks for your help John." Officer Daniels said. He stood up slowly, waved, and left. Mrs. Donner followed him out.

"Did he scare you?" Marcie asked softly.

"Of course not! Why would he scare me?" I asked indignantly.

"Come on John! You got beaten by your aunt over and over again! You even thought I was going to hit you once. I'd understand if you were scared. He's awfully big." Marcie said.

"He is that." I agreed. I didn't say anything else, and Marcie didn't push it. I was thankful for that. Obviously, I had been scared, but I hated to admit it. I needed to be strong, for Marcie. Getting scared all the time wasn't going to cut it. I needed to get better quickly so I could protect her.

Mrs. Donner returned a minute later. "I talked to Officer Daniels, John. He said he'll talk to his boss about arranging a guard for you. That way you'll know that your aunt and your mother can't get to you."

I smiled in relief, "Thanks Mrs. Donner! I'll sleep better knowing that."

"Wow, you mean you didn't sleep well last night, when you were dead to the world for nine hours straight?!" Phillip asked with a laugh. He was carrying some vials and a syringe, so I guessed he was there to take those blood samples that Officer Daniels had mentioned.

"Well, I did have surgery yesterday..." I said.

"True. I'm guessing you know why I'm here, but I'll tell you anyway. I need to take some blood so we can see where your testosterone and estrogen levels are at. I gather your aunt was serious about turning you into a girl?" Phillip said as he set everything down on a side table.

"Yeah, you could say that." I agreed.

Phillip shook his head, "She must be one looney lady then." He filled the vials quickly; he must have had lots of practice to do it so painlessly! "See you later John!" he called as he carried them out.

"So what happens now?" I asked after waving goodbye to Phillip.

"You rest and get better." Marcie's mom said. "Don't worry about anything else for now."

"But how long do I have to stay here?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure but I think the doctor said he wanted to keep you here for at least a couple of days." Mrs. Donner replied.

I groaned. What was I going to do for two days?! Looking around I spotted a TV in the corner, but there wasn't anything else to do in the room. "This is going to be a long two days." I said.

"I'll be here as much as I can." Marcie said. "I'll bring my DS for you next time, too."

"Thanks." I said. "I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I'm away from Aunt Karen!" I shuddered at the thought.

"John, do you want me to talk to your mother?" Mrs. Donner asked hesitantly.

Marcie squeezed my hand as I tensed up thinking about Mom. "Uh...I don't know." I finally said.

They both thought it was a good idea, since we needed to know if she was behind it all or not. I finally agreed, but I was scared that we'd find out she really did tell Aunt Karen to do all that to me. What would I do then?

Mrs. Donner left to talk to Mom and Marcie stayed to keep me company. We talked about what classes we were going to have in school and whatever else Marcie could think of that had nothing to do with what happened to me. "I guess we'll both be getting out of PE this year." she said at one point.

"Huh?" I said.

"Well, I don't think you're going to be in any shape for PE for a while. And I've got a doctor's note to keep me out." Marcie repliedd.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, confused. She seemed okay.

"There's nothing wrong with me." Marcie replied sadly, "I just can't use the locker room so the doctor wrote me a note to keep me out of PE."

"Oh." I said lamely. I guess I'd already gotten so used to Marcie as a girl I'd kind of forgotten her body wasn't female. I tried to think of something to cheer her up, but wasn't having much luck.

We sat there in silence for a while until Marcie's Dad arrived. "Hi John, how are you feeling?" he said in greeting.

"Hi Mr. Donner. I'm feeling better, thanks." I said, glad for the distraction.

"Good! I just came by to see how you are doing and to let you know that your aunt is going to be in court tomorrow. That won't be her trial, but we'll find out when her trial will be. I've talked to the ADA handling the case and he'll keep us up to date. He isn't expecting any problems with all the evidence they've got." Mr. Donner said.

"I hope not." I said worriedly.

"Don't worry John. Remember Officer Daniels said it would be a 'slam-dunk'. Your aunt won't get a chance to hurt you again." Marcie said and squeezed my hand.

I squeezed hers back and nodded. Mr. Donner stayed to talk for a bit before saying that Mrs. Donner would be back in an hour or two to pick up Marcie and then left.

A nurse brought my lunch in after that and I tried to eat it while Marcie talked about her favorite TV show. We both like it; it's about a spy who gets framed for somethings someone else did. He gets dumped in Miami and has to try and figure out who framed him so he can clear his name and get his job back. Aunt Karen hadn't let me watch any TV, so I had lots of episodes to catch up on.

We were still talking about that when a middle aged woman knocked on the door frame. "Hi John, is it alright if I come in? Officer Daniels sent me by to keep an eye on you." When I looked at her doubtfully she smiled and pulled a badge out of her pocket, "I'm a police officer, too. I'm just off duty."

"Oh, okay." I said, relieved. "But why are you here when you're off duty?"

"Officer Daniels wasn't able to convince our captain to assign an officer to you, so he talked to some of his friends and we agreed to take shifts in our time off. There are seven of us and we'll take four hour shifts each. My name is Sandra." she replied.

"You're guarding me in your time off? You don't have to do that!" I said in surprise.

Sandra smiled, "We know, but we want to. You've really impressed a lot of us with the way you escaped from your aunt. We don't want anything to happen to you."

"But I just hit her with a chair. What's so impressive about that?" I asked.

"It's the way you set up the situation that impressed us, along with the fact that you held onto your identity despite all her best efforts to break you down. You're a really brave kid and we want to make sure you get the chance to grow up to be a very brave man." Sandra replied.

"Set up the situation? What do you mean by that?" Marcie asked.

"John can explain that better than I can. I only saw the aftermath. Why don't you ask him while I go play guard outside the door?" Sandra said with another smile before stepping outside.

"What did you do, John? When you told Officer Daniels you just said you hit your aunt with a chair?" Marcie asked.

"That's all I did, really." I said.

"They don't seem to think so. What was she talking about?" Marcie said.

"Okay, I'll tell you exactly what I did. It's not all that impressive, though." I said. Marcie just stared at me with a look that told me she wasn't buying that, so I told her:

I'd tried to get away lots of times, but Aunt Karen was always ready for me. It was those darn cameras! She knew when I was hiding behind the door or whatever because the cameras covered everything! I finally realized that, if I was going to get away, I needed to do something about the cameras. I tried to find them, but when I started standing up on a chair to look at the ceiling Aunt Karen came down and hit me with that collapsible club thing. So much for that idea!

I tried flooding the room with steam from the shower and sink, but it really didn't fill the whole place up very well. It might work if I could get her to come down into the bathroom, but she was too smart for that.

That got me thinking about smoke. But how would I make it? I'd need a fire, but I didn't have any way of making one. Or anything to burn, really. There were some pieces of paper in the desk, but not enough for a significant fire. But then I thought about all the cosmetics and stuff in the bathroom and bedroom. Some of that stuff was pretty flammable, wasn't it?

I soon had a plan, but the hard part was finding something to ignite the fire with. I had no matches or lighters. I finally came up with a solution for that and waited for night to put my plan in motion.

Aunt Karen had me go to bed at the same time every night and got very angry if the lights weren't out on time. But, since the basement has no windows, with the lights out she couldn't see me with the cameras! That wouldn't help me with my plan to ambush her because she could control the lights from outside the room. But it did give me time to set up my plan when she couldn't see me.

The only electrical devices in my rooms were the lights, a hair dryer, a curling iron, and an alarm clock. The alarm clock had two nine volt batteries as backup in case of a power outage. They were my fuse. I took the legs off the desk (they just unscrewed) and put them in the waste basket. Then I stuffed all the paper I could find in the waste basket and grabbed a bottle of rubbing alcohol. I put the bottle, the batteries, and the waste basket in the closet in the outer room where the door into the house was. It was always dark in there so she wouldn't be able to see it even if there were cameras inside.

I'd thought about starting the fire at night, but I wasn't sure she wouldn't sleep through it. If that happened I would have wasted my chance. Not to mention I could have died from smoke inhalation or something! So I set it up at night and then went to bed. I didn't sleep well, but I did manage to get a little rest.

When my alarm went off I got up and went through my usual routine. Then Aunt Karen's voice came through the hidden speakers and told me that my breakfast was waiting for me. Obviously she hadn't looked at the cameras for the outer room yet, or she would have seen the dismembered desk!

I knew it was only a matter of time, probably a very short time, before Aunt Karen discovered what I'd done. I rushed over to the closet and pulled everything out. I put the waste basket in the middle of the room and poured all the alcohol in, making sure to get as much of the paper and wood wet with it as possible. It was evaporating really quickly, so I was glad I'd waited to pour it in! Then I snapped the batteries together and tossed them in the basket. As soon as I'd done that I pulled the chair over to the wall and sat.

"Joan, what are you doing in their?!" Aunt Karen asked. I didn't bother to reply. She asked again, sounding really angry. I knew it wouldn't take long for the batteries to heat up, and I was right. Just as Aunt Karen was screeching out another demand the fire ignited with a whooshing noise. Instantly I could feel the heat from where I was standing! Smoke began billowing up from the fire and popping sounds could be heard from inside. I assumed that was the batteries exploding from the heat.

"I've had enough of your defiance young lady!" Aunt Karen screeched. A moment later I could hear her footsteps on the stairs so I stood and dragged the chair over to the door. It was already getting kind of hard to breathe! Thankfully, I didn't have long to wait. A moment later the door swung open and Aunt Karen stepped into the room. She glanced at the fire only momentarily before sweeping her gaze over to the wall where I had been sitting. She had that collapsible club in her hand again.

I didn't give her a chance to use it as I lifted the chair up over my head and brought it down on hers as hard as I could. She dropped like a ton of bricks! I held the remains of the chair in my hand for a moment, unsure if she was conscious or not, then dropped it. I grabbed the glass of milk out of the dumbwaiter and ran into the bathroom. Dumping it out, I filled it with water and threw it into the fire. It took at least ten trips, but I finally put the fire out. Once that was done I ran for it!

Marcie just sat there staring at me for a while after I was finished. Then, shaking her head slowly, she said, "And how is that not impressive?! That's like something Michael Westen would do!"

"Yeah, right!" I snorted. "Michael Westen would have been out of there in ten minutes flat!"

Marcie started to say something and then stopped and stared at me oddly. I was just about to ask her what she was staring at when she said, "You used to take compliments a whole lot better than that."


To Be Continued…

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great story!!!!!!

I am so glad to see another chapter in this story. I sure hope your muse will bring more chapters to this universe soon.
Your other stories are great but there is somthing about a boy who fights back agaist being forced fem that has caught my fancy, that makes this story special.
If your muse goes to your other stories first I will be sad, but that will be ok.
I do not mind waiting a few months till for the next chapter.

Thenk you a reader in Alaska.

Post Scriptum. If Mom had any idea what her sister was going to do she needs to hang.

Thank you!!!!

I'll try not to take so long with the next one, but VC and its side stories are my main priority right now, so no promises!

Thanks again! ^_^

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

A good story

ALISON

'but there is a twist there somewhere that you are sneaking up on us! A continuation well worth
waiting for.Thank you.

ALISON

Saless has thrown us a few clues or maybe red herrings

The last conversation sounded ominous or foreshadowing.

>>
Yeah, right!" I snorted. "Michael Westen would have been out of there in ten minutes flat!"

Marcie started to say something and then stopped and stared at me oddly. I was just about to ask her what she was staring at when she said, "You used to take compliments a whole lot better than that."
>>

Has he really changed? Is it just the stress of the enslavement, the beatings plus the stress of the escape causing self doubts or did the attempts at brain washing, the drugs and whatever else the aunt did to him change the young man in some fundamental way?

That she would lock him up, beat him and drug him tells me she has no respect for men or likely anyone else. She would not be above using dangerously high levels of hormones, blockers or even surgery developed for livestock to get her way. Remember he was badly beaten, broken ribs and all and she routinely drugged him and had him under surveillance. She could have injected his testicles with castrating chemicals while he was out and he'd never notice the pain. It's only been a few weeks so lack of testosterone production would only be beginning to show symptoms. Plus he's been confined all this time so the lack of activity would keep him from noticing any strength losses and such.

If mom knew, and I wonder as aunty had all this shit, including the camera equipped dungeon ready to go or maybe she was a dominextrice and a sicko one at that. Otherwise she had to be given advance notice of her *opportunity*. If mom didn't know, it's too late to mend the rift, all trust and much of his love for his mom is forever lost. Mom is either a fool or a monster. She can never be trusted again. She must have known he sister disliked men, She must have realized it would be a best awkward for them both. And that she got back so soon is odd though not damning in its self. She either foolishly thought her sister wasn't that bad or she is ass of the worst kind. And why had they never seen her before? That is odd too.

And then we have the police not fully taking this as serious in that member sof the police had to voluntarily take up guard duty for the boy. He is a great risk of attack in the hospital by the aunt on ail or from any allies of hers.

Gripping tale.

Lot of clues but which are real or not?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

A twist?

Sneak up on you? Moi? ;)

Thanks Alison!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

That sounds like

Aunt did not really think things through. And not only with the cosmetics/fire/chair.

While it is weird John did not try to use chair before to overpower his aunt, the chair is cumbersome. But, why the heck did aunt let there be a desk with unscrewable legs? Those are ready-made clubs!

But John in Wauwatosa is right. John is really shocked out of his pre-kidnapping stage.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

It's hard to anticipate

It's hard to anticipate every eventuality. And really, no prison is escape proof. Now if she had the experience of some of Julie O's characters, that would have been a different story...

As for previous attempts at escape, with or without the chair, well...we'll get to that. ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

From That Subtitle...

...I was concerned that one of the police volunteers was going to be a friend of the aunt's. Whew.

Eric

Yeah, that was kind of a

Yeah, that was kind of a joke. I don't know if anybody will have understood it but me, but I got a laugh out of it. ^_^

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Impressive escape!

So presumably in the next episode we'll find out the results of the tests, and find out exactly how much biochemical damage Aunt Karen has done.

As for leaving combustibles etc. in the basement, remember: she controlled the lights. As far as she was concerned, John was completely under her control - he couldn't do anything without her noticing. And nobody would do anything in the dark, when she was asleep, would they?

As for the desk with the unscrewable legs, I'm guessing that the doorway is too narrow to fit a desk in conventionally, so it could only be taken into the basement by removing the legs first.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Moving desks...

always such a pain! When we moved my Dad's old desk out of his room we had to cut off the legs (and it was a steel desk!) to get it through the door. Some neighbors got it there in the first place and we still can't figure out how they did it... ;)

Yes, having complete control over the environment tends to lead to a certain amount of complacency. And many adults wouldn't anticipate a kid having that kind of ingenuity. Especially since he's a boy and she has...issues.

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Nah

It's a total coincidence. On the other hand, it led me to discover Kaliegh's story, so it's a convenient one for me! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

How culpable is Mom?

laika's picture

An evil co-conspiritor or merely guilty of bad judgement, or blameless of even that? We can't know (until Saless tells us) what sort of warning signs Aunt Karen did or didn't give off that she was a dangerous nutcase. I think Mom will be blaming herself even if there was no real way to know, and be so aghast + furious at her sister she'll bean her with a chair if she ever gets the chance (had to work that in there somewhere), or at least will take her off her Christmas list. My guess is the truth about those phone conversations between the sisters might be able to either damn or absolve Mark's mother.

And I wonder if Marcie isn't secretly a bit worried about possibly being implicated in some subconscious way in Mark's mind, tarred with the same brush as his criminal aunt, that he might see her as being part of some whole "feminizing syndrome", when in fact they each at some point faced the same issue of having their inner gender denied by those who "knew better" + felt they had a right to make that choice for them.
~~~hugs, Laika

Everyone seems to be asking

Everyone seems to be asking that question. Guess that means I did something right! ;)

Saless

P.S. Love the chair references! Though I think you might have trouble topping the tornado in the chair factory! :) 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I have no idea where this one is going

Angharad's picture

and have felt the same from the start - but then I didn't know batteries caught fire if snapped together - so I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else. Can we have some more pyromaniac tips next time, just in case I have to escape from the taliban or CIA one of these days.

Angharad

Angharad

Batteries causing fires, quite common, Ang

The US version of the Boy Scout manual, or was it the Pioneering Guide of theirs, had the instructions to start a fire with a couple D cells -- common flashlight/torch for you Brits -- batteries and steel wool IE a Brillo pad.

Short circuits in defective laptop lithium cells have caused fires and I know of at least two car fires in my UW Milwaukee grad student days -- I worked for the Department of Parking and Transit at the uni -- caused by electrical fires.

I made an error in my earlier comment.. From what Saless said indirectly John and his mom visited his aunt a few times but he got the strong impression she was a rabid man hater. But we know so little. Is she evil, was she raped as a child, is she insane? Is his mom part of the feminization plan or was she deceived by her *loving* sister?

This is BC so the typical plot would be he is either really intersexed or TG but doesn't want to admit it and the whole plot in the end allows HER to become a woman, just aunty went a bit too far in her efforts to make John feel blameless, IE "I was forced therefore I am not gay" or so on. Or he is really male but the three weeks n\of aunties *love* have permanently castrated him but the tough resilient boy transitions to a healthy woman. My own hope is he recovers to a normal and virile man who can father children and satisfy women, is wiser for the experience and sue the f***ing pants off his aunt and his stupid or evil mom.

But it's your baby Saless, surprise us.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yep, John could have

Yep, John could have achieved the same thing with one battery and a piece of wire (which could have been salvaged from the alarm clock but would have probably left the alarm clock non-functional). I did a bit of online research on the topic to make sure my idea made sense, and to see if there were a better way for John to use. I decided simply snapping the batteries together was something a kid would be more likely to know about, so I went with it.

As for the outcome for poor John, well, you'll see. Surprise is, after all, my middle name. Wait, that's Evil, isn't it? Uh, maybe that's my last name? Hmm...Saless Evil Surprise... Kind of appropriate, actually. ~_^

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not really caught fire

But I thought every kid tried putting two 9 volt batteries together at some point? ;) I heard it caused them to explode, so of course I had to play with them when I was little. I wasn't stupid enough to leave them plugged together for long, thankfully, but it was long enough for them to become painfully hot.

The contacts on 9 volt batteries lock together really easily, which creates a circuit. Like all circuits, there's resistance which causes a loss of energy by way of heat. This causes the batteries to heat up. As any conductive material heats, the resistance increases, so it just keeps getting hotter as more and more energy is lost. Eventually it gets hot enough that the materials inside the battery expand and burst the casing of the battery (hence, the 'explosion').

You can't really blow yourself up that way, but you can certainly get burned from the heat, and from the chemicals when the batteries burst. In this case, they didn't need to burst to get the job done. They just had to get hot enough to start the fire. With all the paper and alcohol, it wouldn't take that much.

And yes, I am a pyromaniac. ;) Fortunately, my sister caught me playing with matches and got me to stop (I think it took a few times, actually). I now confine myself to barbecues and camp fires. :(

Is it a good thing you don't know where this is going? Since you're still reading at Part 5, I'm going to guess it is, and hope I don't disappoint!

Saless

 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

what happens next

what is go to happen will he be call to testafie and what about his mum did she have a hand in it and do he and marcie fall in love.

so how long befor we see part 6,7,8 you can not leave us hanging here in mid air

thank you for a very good story

Hopefully it won't be too

Hopefully it won't be too long before I get the next chapter out, though my muse hasn't been overly vocal of late. I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Forgotten

I forgot about this story, hope it will continue one day. Though Venus Cursed is still my preferred story for updates ^^

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

It will,

just not sure how long before it does. I have part of the next chapter done, as I usually do before posting, but I've run into some trouble with this one. Doesn't help any that I've already got an idea for Book 2 that keeps popping into my head. Kind of a cart before the horse situation. ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America