My Enemy, Myself-1

Printer-friendly version
TwoFace.jpg

My Enemy, Myself-1

by Lynceus

Harvey Dent. Bright new ADA. Beautiful wife and teenaged daughter. Family man. But also, a man with a secret. And something inside him that is about to break loose with a vengeance!


Authors Note: While I think most people know who Harvey Dent is, just in case, this is a story about the Retcon version of Two-Face. Enjoy!

I still remember the night I was born. I awoke in our office; we'd been working late again, so we'd layed down on the couch to get some rest. It had been a bad week for us; the appointment to Assistant District Attorney, the indictment against Rupert Thorne's organization. A lot of stress.

Harvey Dent. 6' 3". Tall. Blonde. Handsome. Broad shoulders. You'd never think it to look at him, but he has a secret. Even though he's happily married with a lovely young daughter, Harvey has never felt like a man. When he was younger, he'd dress up in his sister's clothing in front of the mirror.

He was slender, then. Beautiful. With his hair teased just so, a little makeup and lipstick...he was a lovely young woman. Then genetics struck. He got taller, more muscular. Less pretty and more ruggedly handsome. And any attempt to bring that young woman back ended up with him looking freakish. Ugly.

Like a man.

Most people would dismiss Harvey's fantasy as him being homosexual. But the issue was far more complex than his sexuality; it struck to his very core, his identity. But what could he do? His father was a partner in a prestigious law firm. Harvey was driven to succeed. Always. To be perfect. No flaws.

And so Harvey buried his feelings, his true self. He attended college. Fell in love. Attended law school. Married. The day he held his young daughter in his arms, he wept. One of the few times he allowed himself to do so. In another world, he would have been a mother, and this life would have grown inside him.

If Gilda suspected the truth, she remained quiet. It wasn't that Harvey didn't love her, he did. But for her, he buried the woman inside him. But a terrible rage built up inside him. When his daughter (our daughter!) was ten, she'd gotten into a fight with a boy, and given him a black eye.

The father of the other boy was a construction worker, his body made hard and strong by years of labor. But when he called Duela a “little tomboy bitch” and threatened her, Harvey snapped, breaking the other man's arm in two places.

No one threatened Harvey Dent's family. Especially his little girl.

-

I rise from the couch. My shirt hangs loose on my frame, and my pants slide down my legs. His shirt. His pants. Looking down, I can see my breasts poking through the material of his shirt. I kick off the pants, feeling his boxers barely clinging to my hips. A smile played across my lips.

I wasn't surprised to find myself a woman. To me, this is how I had always looked, buried inside Harvey's big, dumb, male body. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself. I'm shorter than Harvey. I guessed my height to be about 5' 6”. And I'm so young!

Turning this way and that, I looked like a girl fresh out of high school! I'd never been allowed to mature, hidden so deeply within him. But God, I was beautiful! Long, golden blonde hair cascaded down to my shoulders. I was slender, but healthily so, with perfect B-cup breasts. The nipples were larger than a man's, but still rather pink; they had yet to darken like a grown woman's. My skin was smooth and hairless.

Just like Gilda's, I realized. I did resemble her slightly. No, more like Duela. Would this be my daughter's face in a few short years? “If so, I'm going to have to buy a shotgun. I'll have to beat the boys off of her with a stick!”

My voice was a pleasant alto. Young-sounding, but husky. Sexy. I ran my pink tongue along my teeth. My nipples grew hard, and I felt a tightness in my groin. Slipping off Harvey's boxers, I probed the area between my legs. The pubic hair was sparse; soft and downy.

As I teased my lips, I groaned. Oh God, was I horny! I'd been deprived for so long, I thought I might explode! “Well then, I guess it's time to play a little!”

-

My secretary, Natalie, was pretty young, only 23. I knew she kept some spare clothing in the office closet. We were about the same height and build, so I was soon able to get dressed in proper clothing; not that Harvey's shirt hadn't made me look enticing, showing off my long legs. Mrow!

Properly dressed (if a bit conservatively), I headed downstairs. Avoiding courthouse security was pathetically easy; Harvey would have been irritated. Not me though. It just made things easier. Poor Harve, he never could stand human complacency.

It was weird, driving Harvey's white Mustang; I had to pull the seat up, making me feel like a kid taking her dad's care out for a joyride! The Mustang was wasted on Harvey; he never went above the damn speed limit! Me?

The car can't go fast enough to suit me.

I would have to buy something more suitable to wear, I realized. Poor Natalie; she was hopelessly in love with Harve. Sure, she had no chance in hell; Harvey was mine! But would it kill her to show a little more skin?

I tried on a few outfits at Wal-Mart. I hated buying off the rack, but damn, I made even this stuff look good! I found a slinky black dress that showed a little too much leg and some low heels. High heels had their benefits, but I didn't trust myself wearing them just yet.

I slipped out of the store without paying. And it felt so damn good! Law and order. That'd been Harve's life. Poor Harve! Discipline is for losers, and I was no loser!

The club scene was in full swing, and I walked right up to the front door, putting a little extra sway in my hips. Oh sure, there was a line. Who cares about them? I'm too beautiful to stand in a line. The bouncer made a token protest, but I could tell he wanted me.

I ran my fingertips along his crotch and grabbed his shirt, pulling him down to kiss me. His breath stank of cigarettes, but I didn't let that bother me. I caught his lower lip between my teeth as I pulled away. I punched him in the groin and let him go; he staggered backwards, gasping.

“We'll just let ourselves in, big guy.” I turned to the stunned onlookers. “Everyone gets in free!”

They cheered and I led the way into the club, moving straight for the dance floor. All eyes were on me as I moved; I never felt more alive! I was free, for the first time ever, and I had needs. I moved up to a very pretty young couple, and without a word, I invited them to join me.

We danced together for a little longer, as I made my proposition. They seemed happy to accept.

-

Not only did they look good on the dance floor, they were good in bed too! I hadn't bothered to check, but thank God, I wasn't a virgin. That would have been embarrasing! I think their names were Brad and Sheila. Me and Sheila made out while Brad did his best to please me, his hard cock hot inside my body. Eventually, he was spent, and we left him exhausted while we finished up.

I woke up a little while later, nice and warm between their beautiful young bodies. As much as I wanted to stay, time was short. I left them a note and programmed their numbers into Harvey's cellular. Wouldn't Gilda be surprised if she saw that entry!

But she was too damn trusting, she'd never snoop on Harve. She was dumb like that. What did he see in her anyways? To me, she was just a womb that we'd used to create our Duela. Our treasure. I ran my fingertips along my flat stomach. Would I be allowed to have a child one day?

I could feel Harve waking from his dream. I took a shower in their apartment and changed into some of Brad's clothes. I probably looked ridiculous, trying desperately to hold up his pants as I made my way out to the Mustang, but I wasn't going to let Harve wake up in a dress!

I love him too much to do that to my Harvey.

-

Harvey Dent woke up behind the wheel of his Mustang, wearing clothing a size too small for him that he didn't recognize, lipstick on his mouth. The last thing he remembered was sleeping on the couch in his office; what had happened?

He felt his stomach contract in fear. Oh no. He'd blacked out again. It happened from time to time, and he always found himself in some strange place afterwards. Had he cheated on Gilda? He shuddered, holding in his feelings until he could drive himself home, never noticing the figure in the shadows, or hearing the whir of the camera.

-

When he got home, Gilda woke instantly. “Harvey? I thought you were going to sleep at the office until morning?”

Sitting on the bed, he put his head into his hands. “..Gilda...I...I blacked out again. I woke up outside an apartment building...I think I...I wronged you.”

He felt her hands slide along his back as she hugged him from behind. “Oh Harvey..I thought the doctor said your medication would stop this?”

“I'm so sorry...God, you deserve someone better than me...”

“Shh, baby. It's not your fault. I'll make an appointment for you with Dr. Nelson, he'll help you get to the bottom of this.”

“Why do you keep forgiving me? I'm a monster.” Harvey ran his fingers through his hair.

“No, you're not. You're under a lot of stress, and you're the father of our daughter. I love you, Harvey, flaws and all.”

He leaned into her touch. “I don't deserve you.”

She kissed the back of his neck. “Since you're here, you know, I've been missing my husband.”

He turned and looked at her. “I better do something about that.”

She grinned. “Good idea.”

-

Dr. Kent V. Nelson was a noted psychiatrist. Like Harvey, he was tall and handsome. He had a lovely wife and daughter, a well-heeled practice, recognition in the community, and taught an annual seminar at the university.

No one who looked at him would guess he was a man on the edge, sliding down a path of self-destruction. Lately he'd been paying just token attention to his clients, but Harvey Dent was different. Harve was an old friend, and Kent tried to focus on the other man's problems.

“The blackouts have been happening more often lately. I keep waking up in strange places, and I know I've been with a woman. Her lipstick is smeared on my face, I can smell her perfume...Kent, I can't keep doing this to Gilda, please, isn't there something you can do?”

“I think we're going to have to try hypnosis again. Yes, I know, it hasn't worked before, but that's because you've been resisting me. You need to let me get at whatever is hidden inside you.”

Harvey sucked in a breath. “...it would destroy me. Gilda, Duela, they'd never understand.”

“Harvey. No one will hear about this. You know I'll keep our discussion confidential.”

Harvey looked at his friend. He felt like he was drowning, and Kent was offering him a life preserver. “Ok. I was thirteen the first time I dressed up in Gina's clothes...”

-

It was hard to believe, a strong man like Harvey could be keeping such a secret. Kent felt humbled that Harvey had chosen him, of all people, to confide in. He'd tried his best to confront his friend, even after Harvey broke down into tears.

His mental defenses broken down, Harvey was easy to put under. “Alright, Harvey. I want you to sleep now. I want to talk to the other you. The person inside you.”

Before his eyes, Harvey Dent's flesh reshaped itself, becoming smaller, more delicate. Younger. Female. Kent gasped as the pretty young teen sat up, practically swimming in Harvey's clothes.

“Kent. I can't believe he trusted your alcoholic ass.” She stood up, letting Harvey's slacks slide off of her legs. “Cat got your tongue, Doc? Surprised to see me?”

“...my God, you're a metahuman.”

The girl cocked her head to one side. “Hm. Guess you might have a point there.” She walked over to Kent's bookshelf, removing his copy of 'Julius Caesar', revealing the cubby behind it. She pulled out the tape recorder he'd kept hidden there. “You've been a bad boy, Kent. Selling tapes of your sessions to Thorne.”

“How did you...?”

She sighed. “Harvey is too trusting. He doesn't want to believe you're corrupt, Kent. You're his friend, or so he thinks. Me? I'm not so naieve.” She removed the tape and snapped it in half with one hand. “You would sell this to Thorne? For what? That little whore you keep uptown? Your gambling debts? To get drunk?”

“I wasn't going to...”

She got right in his face, and pushed him back with one hand. How could she be so strong? “Liar! Not that it matters, Kent. Even if you did just grow your spine back, I can't trust you.”

His eyes got wide as he struggled with her. But it was just like fighting Harvey himself; despite her slighter form, she seemed to possess all of Harvey's strength and mass!

Knocking him to the floor, she pressed the heel of one delicate foot on his groin, pressing down hard enough to make Kent gasp.

“Listen up, Kent. I should kill you. But that'd leave Harvey in a bind, and I can't do that to him. I love him too much for that. So here's the deal, and it's a good one. Close up shop. Go on vacation with the wife and the kid. Try to remember that you used to be a good man, a decent man. They love you, and you don't deserve it!”

She slapped him for emphasis, hard enough to rattle his teeth. “Destroy all your tapes. And never, ever talk about me to anyone. Or have anything to do with Thorne. Or I won't just tell Inza about how you've been cheating on her with Maddy. I'll kill you. Are we clear, Kent?”

“...perfectly.”

She stepped back. “I'm going to give Harvey our body back. He won't remember this. Give him a scrip for something that will help him sleep. Tell him everything is going to be ok. I'll be listening. Do not fuck with us, Kent.” She grinned.

-

Harvey couldn't figure it. This new player was good. In the past two weeks, someone had been tearing into Rupert Thorne's organization with a vengeance. Whoever he was, this 'Janus', was a pro. He hired his people from out of town, never revealing his identity. And he seemed to have inside information, suggesting a leak in the DA's office!

Secretly, he was happy to see that fat bastard squirm. But still, the law was the law, and there was no way to know Janus wasn't going to end up a worse menace. He closed the file. He was so tired. Maybe he could catch a quick nap...

Something was slid under his door. Getting up, he opened the door, but saw no one in the hallway. Bending down, he picked up the envelope. Inside were pictures of his car. Outside a nightclub. A bar. The apartment building he kept finding himself at.

There was a picture of him, half naked, lipstick on his cheek.

And a note. “Having an affair, Harvey? Not a smart thing for a man in your position to do. Contact me within 24 hours or your wife and kid find out what you're really like. -R.T.”

Harvey felt the rage building up inside him. “No!” He slammed his fist against the wall, hard enough to hurt. He staggered to his couch and sat down, his head in his hands. “I've lost...everything...”

Shh, love. Sleep now. I'll take care of you. I always will.

-

Harvey woke up in a hotel room, naked but for his boxers. Sitting up, he was relieved to find he was alone, his clothing strewn over a chair. The TV had a note taped to it, written in a feminine hand. WATCH ME

Getting up, he frowned as he turned on the video player. To his amazement, a very pretty young woman, wearing an unusual black dress that only covered one half of her torso, kind of like a toga; she wore a sleeveless white tee-shirt under it.

“Harvey. I hate having to do this. I really do. But he put us in danger, and I can't have that.” The camera angled to show a large man, tied up to a chair and gagged. “You remember Rupert, don't you? He blackmailed Kent. He tried to blackmail us. I was content to just squeeze him out, with your help...not that you remember it...but he went after our family. It would break Duela's heart if she found out you were seeing another woman.”

She sighed. “It's my fault, I got sloppy. Look, Harve. It's not your fault. You've been loyal to Gilda. I don't know why she keeps forgiving you, but she does. I hate her for that. I guess you could say I'm jealous. No one loves you more than me. Except maybe Duela.”

Shaking her head, she punched Rupert, the chair rocking back, as if the girl was possessed of a much greater strength than she had any right to. “I'm going to take care of him. I hate making you an accessory after the fact, but you need to know he can't hurt you. Don't worry, I won't make you watch. But do us a favor, and get rid of this tape, ok? It's going to be alright, Harvey. Janice is going to take care of everything.”

She walked up to the screen. “God, I wish I could see you with my own eyes, but that's impossible. I'm sorry for everything. I love you, Harvey.” She pressed her lips to the camera, kissing it. “More than anyone.”

She turned the camera away. “And now, Mr. Thorne, I believe it's time we had a chat about those two young girls who were found dead six weeks ago. You raped them, didn't you, you slime? And then killed them. Monster! Death is too good for you, but I can't have you telling anyone what you know. What you've seen. But don't worry! I've got a nice, long, painful death planned for you.”

He heard a muffled scream of agony. “Yeah, that's right, scream for me. Good night, Harve. This is for you!”

The tape ended. His eyes wide, Harvey staggered to the bathroom, throwing up in the sink. Looking up, he saw a message on the mirror, written in lipstick.

I love you! She'd drawn little hearts. Who...who was this girl? Janice...Janus? No, it couldn't be...

He then noticed the blood in the shower. Rupert Thorne's blood. She'd been sloppy, but he found a bottle of nail polish remover in the medicine cabinet. Mechanically, he cleaned up the mess. He was aiding and abetting. Covering up a crime.

But he had to. How could he explain to anyone that the person who had murdered Rupert Thorne..the mysterious Janus...

was himself?

To be continued...

Special Guest Star:Rupert Thorne is an enemy of The Batman. Kent V. Nelson is, in another universe, known as Dr. Fate!

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Blame the Muse!

Yes, I do sleep, but when my muse has an idea, not very well. I've learned it's better to just write the dang story than to toss and turn and be generally miserable.

EDIT: Thanks for the comments, everyone.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

I'm surprised

I thought you'd be telling us you're a robot. Because you are certainly a writing machine! :)
Great retelling of Two Face, I loved it.

LOL

When I started writing fanfiction at Crystal Hall for the Whateley Universe, I do recall being accused of being some kind of AI or something.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

You had me at Harvey Dent

laika's picture

This is the one comics series I do follow semi-regularly, and this was an interesting take on Two Face, instead of being man-woman split down the middle like most woulda done, which might make an interesting villian but kind of limited. Great psychological portrait, all the internal stuff, like in the best of the Batman adaptations, which surprisingly was that cartoon show from 15-20 years ago. I do hope you continue, maybe bring Bruce Wayne and the gang into this...
~~~hugs, Laika
.

Wanted to do a TG Harley Quinn, a study in total co-dependance, so grateful to be accepted as female ("Ooooooh, I do love a girl with surprises!" cackles Mr. J when he finds out...) that she gets enmeshed in a totally psycho relationship, an "us against the world" cult mentality, but I probably never will write it. Or I'd start it and it would sit there uncomplete for years. I'd love to see you take a crack at it, NATURAL BORN JOKERS or some such...

(Edit 6 hours later. Saw that I left out a word. I think I'm done now..)

Harve and Janice.

Nice work with dualities in this one. You gave us a really good look inside of a person who is two people, literally, and though the one loves the other, Harve isn't at all sure about Janice yet. Only that he can't tell anyone about her.

Nice story and a good examination of what makes at least one metahuman tick.

Maggie

My Enemy, Myself-1

I like the new version of Two Face. his version has the potential to be like the She Hulk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Hulk

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

What a great take on a classic character!

I LOVE IT! This is just wonderful! Reading this, it just seems so obvious, I can't believe no one thought of this before. This is well written, and leaves me wanting more. I would SO want to see this as a graphic novel! I can't wait to see more!

Wren

I don't know why it wants to

I don't know why it wants to submit this twice, but the story WAS worth it!

Two Face

Wow! What a great take on Two Face! I like!

Hugs!

Grover

Janus?

Based on what we've seen so far, the relationship between Harvey and Janice seems more like a TG version of Jekyll and Hyde than once of Batman's nemeses...
c.f. Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde, Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde.

But the difference with this one is that as there's metahuman transformation involved rather than experimental misadventure, chances are both will be around for the long term... and just as Janice can control when she reverts to Harvey, maybe at some point Harvey will be able to deliberately trigger Janice.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

This Is Cool

terrynaut's picture

This is really a cool idea. I love it, which is odd because I don't even like the orginal Two-Face character.

Janice sounds like a hoot, but I don't think I like what I saw coming up in chapter 2. Naughty! I'll read chapter 2 very soon.

Thanks for the story, you crazy prolific writer, you.

- Terry

Harvey Dent

I thought he was a character in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Guess I'll look it up tomorrow.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

you're thinking of Ford Prefect

Or maybe Zaphod Beeblebrox, but he had two heads, not just faces :)

Yeah, okay. HHG2G had Arthur Dent. Not Harvey. :)

Harvey Dent? I think the Beatles wrote a song about him...

laika's picture

(to the tune of HONEY DON'T)

Well how come you don’t never know where you went,
Some things, baby, is less than evident
A girl like you can’t admit how she feel,
Have you been mutating, tell me what’s the deal?

But huh uh well Harvey Dent, well Harvey Dent,
Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent
A-say ya don’t know where you went, uh huh Harvey Dent.

Well I love you, baby, and least one of us knows
Ya like bein me and wearin’ girl’s clothes,
Tho the chick ya turn to is less that sweet,
You got someone’s blood all over your feet.

But huh uh well Harvey Dent, well Harvey Dent,
Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent
A-say ya don’t know where you went, hh huh Harvey Dent.

Well sometimes you black out on a Saturday night,
Wake up feelin like you been in a fight.
You've been out vigilantian’ all over the town,
lookin real purty in a Dior gown.

But huh uh well Harvey Dent, well Harvey Dent,
Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent, Harvey Dent
A-say ya don’t know where you went, uh huh Harvey Dent.

Your repressed nature’s got you split in two
You hardly even know what you’re bout to do
Last time I seen you you was flippin a coin
A cool shape shifter with a convertible groin…

But uh huh, Harvey Dent, etc

[Oh, rock on George, for Laika one time.]

LOL

I love it! Although I think if I were to make a song for Janice, it would have to be sung to the tune of 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.