A New Doctor in Town; Who? Part 2

Printer-friendly version

A New Doctor in Town; Who? Part 2

by Desiree Jones

A Doctor Who Fan-Fiction
Acknowledgment: Thanks To stanman63 For His Help.

Synopsis:Dr. Who and other recognizable Dr. Who character's are the Property of the BBC, there will be a few original characters are which are my own. This story is not for profit but written for my enjoyment as well as those that may read it.


Delirium Archive 20 June 14010: Flurry of clothes flying randomly about it seems, as The Doctor sorts through several racks of clothes, a couple of bins of accessories, “No, to impractical, Impractical but a nice dress all the same. Keep it. Oh, that won't do at all,..” When it all cones to a stop. “Ah this is it.”

Sweetie, are you sure that's well, not really practical” River is loving the look but..

Amy smiles, ”Oh you look darling, Doctor. Though wouldn't trousers be....”

Look, it's what is right for me right now, don't go trying to change me. I did that enough by myself, and I am sure I had help getting here. So this is it. Deal with it I am.”

[-][+][-]

Shot pans down the Doctor, hair curled and framing her new gorgeous face, make up perfect for a night on the town. DoctorsLBD2.jpg

[-][+][-]


“Now lets see about getting something to eat, I am famished.”

Amy remarks, “Well, there should be plenty of custard and fish-sticks in the TARDIS.”

EWWW! That sounds disgusting! Maybe a peach or an apple.”

Right. That’s what you said when we met first time, even had me make Hagis,” Amy shakes her head. “So, just give the custard a try before we go through a whole larder.”

River starts picking up the pile of keepers, “Well, lets get a move on, Amy why don't you get the shoes?”

I guess, glad there's are only the five pairs.”

The Doctor grabs the purses and bags as well as a few hanging outfits. They turn around and bump right into the TARDIS.

River remarks, “Guess she felt you were taking to long and came to get you.”

Oh yes, such a good little girl coming to um, Mummy I guess, well inside here we go.”

[-][+][-]


As they step in, the TARDIS woooshes away, tumbling into the time vortex as they get back to their feet, the TARDIS lands.

[-][+][-]


The Girls were gabbing and did not really notice, River's Mini Comp chirped, “Well, seems we have landed, according to the readouts, and your girl sent me a message indicating that.” said River as she consults her Mini Comp.

[-][+][-]


The doors open, outside was a white washed adobe building, sign over the door read as
El Buen Gusto(The Great Taste) On the Wall just right of the door, T.A.R.D.I.S Parking Only, and underneath a well represented version of the Police Call Box, though definitely a different shade of blue than the current model.

[-][+][-]


Inside, a young man looks them over as they enter, -they must be somebody, the way they're dressed.-

So, Doctor, what do we do, just order the entire menu?” quips Amy.

Oh, you don't want to do that, you're much better off letting Carmen bring you something. My name is Steve, by the way.”

The petite blonde introduces them, “This is River, Amy, and I'm The Doctor.”

Steve takes each of their hands in turn kissing it as suavely as he can, “A pleasure to meet you River, Amy, and Doctor. What did you say your name is?.”

Just the Doctor.”

Oh is that short for Justine?, that's a pretty name.”

No, I am THE Doctor.”

Yes, but Doctor Who?”

River, and Amy are just about doubled over with laughter, River saves poor Steve, “Just call her Doctor, and you will be alright.”

Carmen comes from the kitchen and looks over the 3 new comers and Steve, “Ah, very good. I know just the thing, but where will they put it all, I am not sure. Stephan, you will be their host, now show them to a table.”

Steve points to a table, “We could sit over here while we wait for the food.”

Manuel comes out with a tray, laden with drinks, chips and salsas, “Welcome to El Buen Gusto, I am Manuel and will be serving you this afternoon.”

He places a different drink down in front of each of them and four different salsas, “This salsa is just amazing, try some River and Amy.” says the Doctor.

Steve speaks a little late, ”Oh don't do...”

Amy, and River grab their drinks and just about finish them.

Yea, just eat the food they place in front of you, it made specifically for your taste buds. Really don't know how she does it either.”

Oh, that was horrible, like turpentine.” Amy cries.

It was so hot how can you eat that, Doctor?” River asks while still fanning her mouth.

Manuel brings out another tray piled high with sizzling plates full of food,placing fresh drinks, different from before, “Now be careful, the plates are hot, please enjoy.”

This went on with the Doctor devouring platefuls quickly, with another arriving just as she finishes. Till finally desert was brought out, ice cream with carmal sauce, and sopapillas.

You may all partake of each of the deserts.” said Manuel as he places coffee down for each of them.

Carmen comes back out, “I hope  ¡Qué linda Doctor(The Beautiful) enjoyed everything, it was the best this humble woman could do.”

Carmen, never before have I been so delighted with such wonderful food.”

Carmen pulls an old photograph from her apron pocket. The picture shows River, The Doctor in a male form, Amy and Rory, “You were here 25 years ago Doctor.”

Carmen, 'Spoilers'. This is our first time here, time travel can be rather confusing from time to time.” River giggled as did the others as they got her joke.

They hug and kiss goodbye and Carmen gives them a large bag of Tamales and one of sopapillas. Steve waves as the TARDIS dematerializes.


* * *


To Be Continued...

up
88 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A New Doctor in Town; Who? Part 2

Does this mean that the Doctor will no longer be having those adventures? And what about the Master? won't he now become The Mistress?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

UM Spoiler's

Will say that there is something deeper going on.

Goddess Bless you
DesHS.jpg
Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

All 'Spanish' translations

All 'Spanish' translations courtesy of Estella(Carmen) Owner and Chief Bottle washer at El Buen Gusto, and Puddin for Que Linda

DesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Whit ye on aboot lassie?

As a fellow Scot, I can categorically say that Amy would not use pants to describe leg covering outerwear, to us pants are underwear, trousers are what she would have said.
I'm not sure what to make of this - it seems a bit bare on detail and a little rushed - I do find the little in-jokes amusing though.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

Forgive this uneducated

Southern California born Irish Lass. Shall fix that thank you.

I have a bad habit of taking a long time to develop the plot.

DesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Forgiven

it isn't a problem Desiree, if I can help in any way please do not hesitate to contact me, my accent is a little different to The Gorgeous Ms Gillan's - she's from Inverness way up North and I'm from the South East but I know her dialect well enough and besides it's mainly in some of the words you might need guidance.

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

The nature of Monkey is - Irrepressible!!!

This gets weirder...

And a waiter called Manuel? Now, where have I seen that combination before? :)

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

well if your from one of the southwestern states

in just about every one of the hole in the wall Mexican restaurant

3 out of 5 boxes of tissue and 5 gold starsDesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

I cannot wait

to see how some old friends and foes react to this version of the doctor...

DogSig.png

A little more Back Groumd

My Best Friend in High School is a big Doctor Who fan, He worked at El Buen Gusto, he is a pretty decent artist on the main wall facing the Highway he painted a Mural of me sitting at a table in front of Estella's magnificent feasts, I had a tan for the only time in my life. well they also let him paint the TARDIS Parking Zone it was there till Last year when the location was torn down after an earthquake had made it unsafe. Silly me never took a picture of it so All i have are the Memories so I share them. My hubby promised to recreate the Murals soon. So there is more to this story and I will try to get it out in a timely fashion.

DesHS.jpg

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

We have Amy Pond

and River Song, where is Rory?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine