Mean Girls 3026 Part 14

Printer-friendly version
100_0148.jpg
Once we got there, the entire shop was falling over themselves to meet us and see the rides that Kenny had been telling them about since he got back from the moon.

Mean Girls 3026 Part 14

Written by Toni Trepasso
Edited by Gwen Brown, with my many thanks to her.

 

The day finally came to make the trip up to Canada. Kenny had set up a furnished apartment for Grace, Samantha and I so the only things we needed to bring were our clothes, the projects, and our tools. That is to say, we brought my tools, since Grace really didn’t have any of her own, yet. I was trying to figure out how to get our stuff from our homes to the shop and figured that now would be as good a time as any to bite the bullet and spring for a hauler for my car and her bike. As it turned out I found a stacker, tagalong trailer that would hold my two cars up top and still allow enough room for all four bikes on the lower level. To tow the monster trailer, I bought a new toter-home.

Now if you’ve never seen one of these things before, let me see if I can explain it to you. Basically what they do is start out with the longest tractor trailer chassis that International makes, and put a standard cab, engine and drive train in it. Then where you’d normally find the sleeper section, they build a full motor-home style living area, complete with twin slide out sections. They even put an RV style bathroom in the living area so you aren’t reliant on the facilities at the track, which usually consist of nothing more than porta-johns. So you can see where this would come in handy. They even have an RV style air-conditioning unit in it, to help on the hot days. So all in all, it’s a quite comfortable place to spend your down time at the track. Especially since I sprung for the large television and satellite service, that can be used while you’re going down the road.

We pulled into Lang Racing’s shop after a couple of days on the road. The good thing about a toter-home, is that it’s registered as a class A motor-home, so you don’t need a CDL to drive one. That came in handy, since we had to drive clear across Canada from Central New York State, to the shop in Alberta. Grace and I took turns driving while the other slept, so the two day trip wasn’t that bad at all. I called Kenny when we hit the city limits, and he guided us to the shop. Once we got there, the entire shop was falling over themselves to meet us and see the rides that Kenny had been telling them about since he got back from the moon.

First thing we brought out of the trailer was Grace’s bike. The look on all the guy’s faces was classic as she backed the bike out onto the lift gate and then wheeled it into the shop. I don’t know what got the boys more excited, her bike, or her breasts resting on the tank as she steered the bike inside. When we pulled my race car out, I could tell from the expressions on many of the faces that there was a spit between being impressed and skeptical. Both due to the fact that a couple of eighteen year old girls built the car from scratch. To tell the truth, I’d have probably acted the same way if I were in their shoes. Since the parking lot to the shop is a bit up hill, from where we were parked, I had to fire the engine so I could drive into the shop. I could have asked for help pushing, but I wanted to squash some of the skeptics by showing them that I could handle this monster of a car.

On my way back out of the shop, I had to stop one of the guys from putting the gate up on the truck. My street car was still in the trailer and had Grace work the lift gate, while I unstrapped it and fired the engine so I could back the car out. Once again, the guys were shocked at what I was driving. I guess that I’m just going to have to get used to the fact that it’s not every day you see a cute girl driving the beastliest car to come out of Dearborn.

Once we had the trailer locked up, Kenny hopped in the passenger seat and guided us to the apartment he had for us to use. It didn’t take that long to get our clothes put away, and he waited for Grace and I to both catch a quick shower, and change for dinner. We were going to meet Mrs. Lang and Kenny’s daughter that night. He told us it was casual, so Grace and I both wore matching LBD’s and three inch pumps. On the way out to the parking lot, Kenny was almost begging me to let him drive to dinner, and since I hate to see a grown man beg.

“So are you ladies going to let me drive you to dinner?” he asked with a Cheshire Cat grin.

“I don’t know.” I said in a mock concerned tone. “This thing is my baby. Are you sure you can handle the power?” I asked him with a wink to Grace, who giggled.

“If I can’t handle a street car, I have not business driving a pro-modified.” he told me with his hands on his hips.

“Alright.” I said like a mother to her child who just asked to borrow the car. “But you have to promise to be careful.”

“Quit teasing, and give me the keys.” he shot back with a smirk.

I tossed him the keys and we all buckled in for the ride. For the most part, Kenny showed remarkable restraint on the ride to the restaurant. The only time he really got on it, was when a kid in a sports-car pulled up and started ragging on “that ancient beast.”

“Flip that switch right next to the cigarette lighter and hammer it when the light goes green.” I told Kenny.

He looked at me for a second in confusion and then nodded. I could see the grin on his face as he activated the exhaust cut outs with the switch, allowing the engine to breathe unmuffled. As the light turned, we left the intersection like we’d just robbed Fort Knox. I could see in my mirror that the kid was still sitting at the light, and he was getting smaller and smaller as we just kept putting more distance between him and us.

We pulled up to the restaurant, and saw two women waving at us as we parked. Kenny introduced us to his wife Mary, and his daughter Tracy. Both of whom could have passed for swimsuit models. Until they held out their hands to shake as he introduced us, I couldn’t tell which one was the mother and which one was the daughter. Both ladies were rather tall, I’d say about six feet easy, and had that slender model/volleyball player look to their bodies. Both auburn haired beauties with their hair done up in a french braid. Mrs. Lang was confused at first when only two of us showed up for dinner.

“I thought you said there were three women joining the team?” she asked Kenny.

“There are.” he said with a nod. “The third one is coming in on the next flight from the moon tomorrow.”

“Ah, so you girls must be the wonder twins my husband’s been raving about since his little trip last month.” she said to Grace and I as she gave us the once over. “And I suppose that hotrod my husband drove up in belongs to one of you?” she asked, looking at me like I was a bimbo.

“Yes ma’am.” I said with courteous smile. “It’s my daily driver. Would you like to take it for a spin sometime?” I asked, causing her to pause for a second and look at me with a look that sent a chill up my spine.

“I don’t think so. I only drive German cars.” she told me rudely.

“Well technically, it is. Mercedes bought Chrysler back in the late twentieth century, so that Plymouth can be considered under the German flag.” I said politely.

“I don’t think so.” she told me and turned on her heels to go into the restaurant.

The rest of us followed her and her daughter leaned in and whispered in my ear. “Don’t worry about her. She’s just not happy that daddy hired you to work for him. She just has a problem because you’re both pretty.”

I was shocked. Here was a girl I’d just met, who in her own right could hold her own with any model, telling me I’m pretty. Lucky for me, I felt Grace squeeze my hand, to stop me from dwelling on it too long.

Dinner was nice. Well, that is to say no one died, although I wanted to at many points, just so Mary would stop giving me the evil eye. Tracy for her part, tried to keep the conversation light and pleasant by asking Grace and I to talk about our projects. I took that opportunity to prove to Mrs. Lang that I wasn’t an air headed bimbo like she most likely thought I was. Grace took my lead and we both spoke on the technical aspects of the vehicles we’d built. I’m not sure, but I think it worked. Not much mind you, because when we left the restaurant, Mrs. Lang didn’t give me so much as a goodby, kiss my ass, or fuck off. She just climbed behind the wheel of her obviously new BMW and honked impatiently for Kenny who shook both our hands and made sure we knew how to get back to the apartment. Grace and I climbed back into my car and headed back to our new home, with Grace giggling.

“What’s so funny?” I asked as I drove.

“If she’s pissed he hired us,” she said between laughs. “Wait until that battle ax gets a load of Samantha.”

“Oh shit!” I exclaimed, and started laughing too. “You’re right. Houston, I think we have a problem.” I said holding my nose so I sounded like I was talking over an old two way radio.

More prolific words were never spoken. When Samantha met Mary then next day at the shop, I thought world war three was going to break out. She shoved Kenny into his office when I brought Samantha from the airport to the shop and you could hear every word she screamed at him. Of course decorum dictates that I not repeat the strings of obscenities she used, nor the vulgar display she continued with when Kenny walked out of his office on her. She finally stormed out and you could hear her light the tires on her BMW as she tore out of the parking lot.

“I’m sorry if we’ve caused you any trouble at home Kenny.” I said to him sheepishly.

“Don’t worry about it Amy.” he said with a sigh. “She’s just a bitter woman, who can’t stand it when she sees another woman trying to make something of herself.”

“Why’s she so mean?” Grace asked him.

“Because, she never finished college, and thinks that anyone with an education will look down at her.” he told us.

“A lot of great people in this world never finished college.” I offered. “She seems like a well read person. Surely there’s another reason she’s so pissed off.”

“Yeah there is.” Tracy spoke up. “She thinks daddy’s going to replace her with one of you.”

“Uh, NO!” Grace and I said at the same time.

“I already have a girlfriend.” I blurted out.

“Me too.” Grace said followed with grabbing my hand in hers.

“And while I’m single, I’m also gay.” Samantha offered, shaking her head.

“Not that any of that matters.” Kenny said rubbing his head like he was getting a headache. “I hired the three of you because you are competent working on race cars. I love my wife. I just wish she could see that.”

“Let’s just let our first weekend at the track speak for itself.” I offered. “When I win the class, and it comes time to pose for pictures with the trophy, stand next to your wife, and hold her tight. Let her know by your actions how much she means to you. Provided we’re not racing each other in the finals, stand next to her on the starting line. And when I win for you, kiss her full on the lips, right in front of the camera, and tell her how lucky you are that she’s allowed you to hire me. Since I’m going to be making you a lot of money.” I said with a grin.

“And when I win my class, do the exact same thing.” Grace offered with a grin, and a wink to me.

“I’m going to go out on a limb and say that there’s no confidence in either of your families, is there?” he asked with chuckle. “You both have it all right? You think you can go out and win against the best in the world right out of the box?”

“If I don’t win my first race, I’ll buy you and your wife a week’s vacation to anywhere in the world.” I told him straight faced.

“Alright, and what if you do, win?” he asked.

“I’ll find you a sponsorship for my car and Grace’s bike.” I told him with a grin.

“Uh, how can I lose then?”

“You can’t.” I told him and shook his hand.

TO BE CONTINUED...

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

After all this, I can't wait

After all this, I can't wait for the race coming up. Jan

Mean Girls 3026 Part 14

Reading this is so much fun because inspite of the technolgy of the future, they still love racing and are using future tech to build the cars.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

The only problem

with reading your stories is when I'm done, I want to keep ready your stories.

Bailey Summers

Hard to believe that after 1000 more years

mankind would still be hung up on these old prejudices concerning gender and sexual orientation, I mean really. Also, I am surprised that Amy is able to even understand the English or Spanglish that is in use at this time as it is a thousand years in the future and who knows how language has evolved.\

Kim

i really liked this story are

i really liked this story are you ever going to finish it. i hope

I love this story. Please

I love this story. Please finish it....PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!