Sisters of the Night

Printer-friendly version
Sisters of the Night

 

by Tychonaut

 


 

A were-vampire horror story (slightly edited to read better)

 
 

The first taste was exquisite. It was like the sweetest wine Amelia could ever imagine and it made her wonder why she had been so nervous about sampling this heavenly nectar in the first place. The warmth as it flowed over her tongue gave her an almost sexual thrill, a feeling compounded by the sensation of her dinner companion's hands pressing against her breasts. A loan moan filled her throat as she took another greedy gulp of the marvellous liquid. After a few minutes, the all consuming need inside her started to abate and she reluctantly stopped sucking the fantastic liquid through her hungry mouth. Slowly drawing back, she fell back into the sofa she had been sitting on with a satisfied sigh, panting as she sought to recover from the amazing sensations racing through the very fibre of her being.

Her eyes still closed as she sat there in a state of bliss, she reached out and grasped the surprisingly cold hand of her date in her own very warm hands.

"Sweetie, that was incredible!" she gasped "You were incredible!"

She held his hand for a few minutes basking in the wonderful afterglow before squeezing his hand once more.

"Sweetie?"

Opening her eyes she looked with shock across the sofa to see the slumped figure of her date. His pallid skin tone contrasted with the bright red stain running from his neck down across the front of his shirt. A strangled scream escaped her lips as she clamped her hands over her mouth. An irrational terror filled her that whatever had done this would claim her next. She pulled her legs up tightly against her body in fear, unable to look left or right in case the unknown assailant was lurking just outside of her vision, waiting to pounce once she saw it. The thought of how she could protect herself raced through her mind. She had no weapons to speak of, save whatever knives were in the kitchen, and her flatmate would be out all night. As the terror grew within her heart she felt her body initiate a fight or flight reflex and her incisors began to extend in response.

A thought fought its way to the front of her fear befuddled mind. Why do I have such big teeth...

And the answer that followed scared her more than the corpse in front of her. All the better to eat people with my dear...

Tearing herself away from the sight in front of her she raced across the living room to her bedroom, nearly taking the door of its hinges as she barged through. Stopping in front of the mirror she was shocked to see an attractive brunette looking back at her. The smokey doe eyes were wide with shock. She assumed that before her lipstick had been smudged it was similarly flawless but it was hard to tell with all the blood around her mouth. Taking in the image before her in greater detail it occurred to her that if she was a...v...va...one of them. She didn't believe in those sorts of things and she was pleased to see she didn't look like one of those actresses from the cheesy Hammer Horror films. For a start, she thought that the woman reflected in the mirror looked pretty hot in a non-creature of the night kind of way. Secondly, having a reflection would make doing her makeup sooooooo much easier in future. It also let her see that the strapless off the shoulder, tight black dress with the long sleeve extending down to the a point with a loop over her middle finger she was wearing gave her a seriously sexy look. And the chunky heeled knee high leather boots were a work of art. She vaguely remembered buying them that evening. Thirdly, despite the fact the room was in pitch darkness, she could see as if it were a perfectly clear sunny day. And not in a monochrome dog vision kind of way. In a full colour human kind of way. And fourthly, the stylised red crucifix resting just above her cleavage suggested that going to church on Sunday wouldn't be a problem although she did wonder how Father Maguire would react to her next confession...

On reflection, she thought probably best to skip church for a couple of weeks, though a lot of praying as to how to get out of this mess might be in order.

In frustration she swept her hands through the floating curls of her bob, further contributing to the tousled bed hair look, only to notice a red smudge across her forehead where the palms of her hands had pushed hardest. Holding her hands palm up in front of her, she gasped at the sight of the blood all over them. The deep revulsion she felt turned quickly and surprisingly to curiosity and she raised her palms towards her face to inhale the delightfully sweet aroma. Tentatively, she flicked her tongue out to taste the blood. She let out a deep moan as that exquisite fine wine taste tickled her taste buds and before she realised it she was taking long full tongued licks of the wonderful nectar from her hands. As she sucked each finger clean she couldn't help but giggle a little at the thought that she had cleaned her hands of barbeque sauce in the same manner the previous weekend.

She smiled at the thought of the barbeque. It had been a good day out. They had spent the afternoon at Wimbledon enjoying the tennis and telling themselves that the overpriced strawberries were part of the authentic 'Wimbledon experience'. In predictable form she recalled they had watched the British No. 3 lose in straight sets to the 400th or something player in the world rankings. They had then gone to Frank and Stephanie's for a barbeque in the evening which led to going out for a few drinks in the local pubs and clubs. She recalled the boys failing to pull that night where as she had met this exotic looking woman who had said that she was exactly the type of man she was looking for. Wait...man?

They had been fumbling out back in the alleyway behind the pub garden when she remembered that the crazy woman had bitten her...no, him... really hard on the neck. She'd...He'd thought it was some sort of love bite at first but although the pain went quickly, the woman wouldn't stop sucking at his neck. So he'd nipped her exposed shoulder in retaliation. He hadn't meant it to be more than a nip but as he moved she twisted her grip on his neck and in a stab of pain he'd clamped down hard on her drawing blood and rather ickily swallowed some of it. He remembered the woman pushing him away and swearing and cursing at him. Something about the curse of the were-va...one of those things he didn't believe in...

Him...yes, he was most definitely a him despite the reflection in the mirror.

He saw the woman's reflection in the mirror mouth the words "Oh. My. God." before clamping her hands over her mouth. She was a he. No wait, rather he was a she. Or was she a he? He stood there for a few minutes just staring at the woman staring back at him. He came to the conclusion that while he was definitely a he, a he called Andrew not Amelia in fact, it would be best to think of himself as herself right now and avoid the whole gay blood sucking make out earlier on the sofa that way.

She wondered how she could have forgotten what she was. The change. It had to be the first change. She recalled the other woman had, once she had stopped swearing at her, reluctantly warned her the first few changes would be disorientating and hard to control and more than likely she would lose herself in the moment. She would only change at night to start with, which she felt was some small comfort. She blanched a little as she remembered the words of the woman...Moira...her name was Moira...she remembered Moira's words that she would change every night for a few hours unless she fed. If she fed a little she wouldn't change for the next couple of days. If she fed a lot, she would not need to feed for up to a week, although if she consumed too much there was the risk that her female self would begin to blur over into her male self. And each time she fed it would become much harder to stop. And if she couldn't control her appetite, eventually he would cease to be and night or day there would only be the girl in the mirror.

She resolved there and then, not to feed again. Moira had said that after the first few changes, she should be more in control of herself. All she had to do was survive those first few feeds. Something as horrid as feeding on another man shouldn't be that difficult not to do she thought.

Her mind drifted back to the wonderful feelings that feeding on that man had generated. She greedily licked her lips without thinking and a soft moan escaped her mouth. She wished that her dinner companion had more of that wonderful nectar she could sample, but she knew he was nothing more than an unappetising dry husk now. The night was still young she thought. Maybe if she went back to the pub...

"NO!"

She had to be strong. There would be no more yummy feeding. Absolutely, positively no more yummy, scrummy snacking on those gorgeous, delicious men.

"Oh God...I'm doomed," whispered the were-gender changing vampire woman in the mirror.

 


 

Gregg looked at the wine glasses and the open bottle of wine as he walked into the living room. He'd spent the night at his girlfriends and had come back to shower before heading off to his afternoon Sunday League football match. A smile crept across his face as he saw the red lipstick on one of the glasses. It appeared that his flatmate Andrew had gotten lucky after all. He was pleased as he'd seemed a bit out of sorts for the last week. He heard some movement from the kitchen and stuck his head around the open doorway.

"Andy? You alone mate?"

"Hmmm?" she said in surprise. No 'he' said in surprise he reminded himself. He was back in his male form again once the sun had come up.

"Oh yes. Why?"

"I saw the glasses in the living room and...Andy, mate...what have you done to your hair?"

Andy reached up at felt the loose floating curls of his bob. It felt okay to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Mate...yesterday you had your usual short back and sides. This morning you've got some sort of girly bob? Are you feeling okay?" asked Gregg with a frown.

Andy absent mindedly fingered the curls for a few seconds before giving his flatmate a big smile.

"I'm feeling...great! It's been ages since I felt this alive!"

"And the hair?"

"Oh, I just felt like a change. You know how it is," stated Andy before giving Gregg another smile. In hindsight, going out for that second and third feed hadn't been such a good idea as it had left some physical changes once the sun came up. Still, he had been more in control for those feeds and while his companions might be a bit unwell for a few days they would have no lasting ill effects.

"Okkaaaay... I'm going to get changed for football. You still coming?" The thought briefly crossed Gregg's mind that the lipstick on the wine glass might not have been from some woman Andy pulled but from Andy himself.

"Of course! Oh, before you shower, could you please take the rubbish bag out to the wheelie bin? I need to put some stuff aside for dinner as it's my turn to cook this week."

Gregg smiled at that thought. Andy was, for all the concern he was causing him, a darn good cook and he looked forward to his cooking week. Lifting the sack, Gregg was surprised how heavy it was.

"Jeez Andy, what did you put in here?"

"Nobody you know," said Andy with a guilty smile.

Gregg just laughed in response. "They must have been a midget then because there is no way you could get a whole guy in one of these sacks."

"Tell me about it," muttered Andy under his breath. It occurred to him that the reason movie vampires had henchmen was that disposing of the bodies was a lot more difficult than it first appeared.

As Gregg hefted the sack onto his back to get a better grip of it, Andy knelt down in front of cooker to set the timer.

"What are you cooking for dinner?" asked Gregg. He rather hoped it would be the roast that Andy cooked a couple of weeks ago.

In response, Andy chewed on his lower lip for a moment before answering.

"Ermm..chicken? I think it'll taste like chicken." Well, that's what he'd read anyway. Or was it pork? It was definitely a white meat. He giggled softly. That was always the trouble with a take away, deciding what to do with the left overs.

As Gregg left the flat heading down to the wheelie bins located at the back of the building, Andy ran his tongue over where her incisors would slide forward from in a few nights once the effects of his feed had lessened. Gregg was a good friend and it occurred to him on reflection, that she'd always wanted a sister...

 

END

 


 

This was a creative writing exercise as much as anything. Given that I'm still very new at writing, I thought I'd try some stuff I'd never done before. I've never written anything remotely grounded in reality, so I thought I'd have a go at this. It turns out this wasn't remotely grounded in reality either. Oh well. Comments as always appreciated if you enjoyed the story. If you didn't...well I'm sorry. On the plus side, this has cleared out my muse problems with Wynter Lioness and I know how I need to rewrite chapter 3 now, so result! :-D

up
63 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting Take on Vampires

terrynaut's picture

I like the idea here. I like how you mesh transgender, vampire, and were-creatures. It's an interesting mix. I've seen some of the combinations but never all three in one story like you've done.

I was a little confused in places. I found the story to be a little rough. But I think it just needs a little bit of polishing to shine.

Thanks for the story.

- Terry

Thought it worth a try

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

It is a little rough and I've given it a little polish on re-reading which hopefully tackles some of the issues. It was one of those ideas I just sat down and wrote to see what happens when the idea of were-vampire-transgender came to mind. I dare say someone has done it but it seemed worth a go. It was one of those stories where what worked and didn't has actually been very helpful in other areas of writing. Kind of a case of deciding to give it a try even if it fails because giving it the try was the important thing.

And thanks for the comment Terry. I'm always open to constructive criticism.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Sisters of the Night

A cute story. Sounds as if a werewoman got bit by Dracula and started a werevamperella story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Thanks Stan! I did debate briefly whether to try and make up a name for the were-vampire but decided to duck the issue. Werevamperella is a good choice!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Actually...

It's reptile meat that's supposed to taste like chicken. Human flesh tastes like pork.

Or so I'm informed.

Good story -- interesting plot.

Eric

People. The Other White Meat.

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

People. The other white meat. ;-) I will not ask how you know!! I've amended the story slightly to reflect your comment, so thanks!

And I'm glad you liked it Eric. It definitely has benefited from a little polish from the original draft but I'm on reflection very happy with the concept.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Undead and loving it!

Great story! I loved the Hitchcock/Price-like ending :P
Diana

Horror / Comedy

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Thanks Diana that, I was hoping for the very old school ending to it. I'm glad it came across well and I'm glad you enjoyed my very short attempt at horror/comedy.

And 'undead and loving it' would be the perfect name for a sequel if I ever write one!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

non-serious vampire story

I liked it. It's a clever approach using the double gender character. You should haved it, worked it, and expanded it. Imagine what MI5 (or 6, or whatever the correct number is) could do with your protagonist.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

GinNC

Thanks!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Thanks GinNC, I'm glad you liked the story and concept. I had very nearly written a longer version but had deliberately tried to keep this as a short story. I think it works well as a concept, although the longer version probably would have been more polished and self-edited. As for the future of Amelia, I think she could go in many directions. And sooner or later someone's going to notice those bodies in the rubbish bins!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

strange little story

kristina l s's picture

On the one hand you have the natural revulsion with the almost casual death of the 'guy' whoever he is. On the other the love of the image in the mirror and that.. I guess somewhat perverse thrill of horror and the unnatural, supernatural(?), Vampires in this case... an interesting take on the whole thing. The emotion and revulsion of our..hero(?) overpowered by the heightened senses and seductive pleasure. Not sure I liked it exactly but it was well done.

As for taste, from personal experience, to me snake and crocodile taste somewhere between white fish and chicken. Fortunately I have no idea of what human flesh tastes like, but I have read pork is similar, Might have been that plane crash in the Andes years ago.

Ack, suitably inhuman ending. Chianti anyone?

Kristina

but in a good way?

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

The story was always intended to be a bit of an experiment. The bulk of my writing to date has been reasonably mainstream and honestly will continue to be because I'm more comfortable in that area. So, rest assured that more traditional stuff is coming and my venture to the more experimental darker side is filed under useful experiment in learning about writing. In technical terms this was very beneficial.

This was an attempt at a more ordinary type of setting that changed into a (dark) comedy/horror. I've no idea where the were-vampire idea came to me from but it felt right. I wanted my vampire to be hunger driven but not in the traditional 'starving must eat people' way but in a 'this is really, really delicious and I know I shouldn't but one bite won't hurt' way. You are spot on with the seductive pleasure aspect. I wanted the whole vampire experience to be about pleasure (for the vampire) revelling in the appearance, the sensations, etc.

In terms of what I see as the horror aspect of the tag, the 'ickyness' (that may not be a word) is the hand licking scene, which I deleted and restored several times while writing the story. As mentioned earlier, the ending was meant to evoke a very Hitchcockesque feel of normalacy / supernatural side by side and be more comedy than horror.

The thing that absolutely astounds me about this story is the high number of reads it has accumulated!! It's already had more than 'Some Days Are Better Than Others' (less reads but more comments) and 'Wynter Lioness - Pt 2' (less both). And yet oddly, if I had to delete everything except one story, it would be 'Wynter Lioness' I'd keep.

Thank you for the comment Kristina it was appreciated.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Interesting story, but as

Interesting story, but as Kristina put it, quite icky ^^

Your vampires are kind of interesting, especially their gender shifting part. But on the other hand, they're really monster and not those fluffy vegetarian twilight thingies.

Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

Thank You

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Thank you for commenting Beyogi! I haven't gone back to this story in ages and on re-reading this it's not as bad as I feared although the perspective shift in the final scene jars a little. I'd probably completely rewrite the middle scene and part of the ending if I wrote it now though.

And yeah, my vampires do icky. ;-)

 


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."