The Early Years of Academy Life - Chapter 3 - Graduation Ball

Printer-friendly version
Synopsis:

Graduation is such sweet parting.

Story:

As the Vixens and their companions headed over the grass area in front of the main club Sandra said to Nibs, “I wonder is any of the Aces will at the Ball tonight?”
“Don’t know hun,” responded Nibs, “I hope some do turn up as it would be a good chance to show them that there are no bad feelings from us towards them as individuals, it was the gang itself and the way they went about business that was our problem.”
“Yeah very true,” said Gary as he caught them up carrying his suit bag, “Lets go and enjoy the Ball.”
“Yeah lets,” said Sandra.
Just behind Nibs and Sandra was Paul and Claire and as they walked across the grass, Paul said, “Tonight is the night we Graduate and prepare to go to the Academy.”
“Yes it is,” Claire said, “I’m just happy I’m here with my friends.”
“Same here hun,” said Paul.
Ren turned to Gary and said, “You need a room to change in Gary?”
“Yeah I do,” replied Gary.
“That’s simple, change in my apartment,” Ren said.
Nibs turned to Gary and said, “You not actually been on the top floor have you Gary?”
“No I haven’t,” Gary responded, “I’m I right in thinking I am classified as Elite.”
“Yes you are,” responded Hell Bright, “This should be interesting, I wonder how many students will have a problem with us,” and she indicated the members of the group, “who didn’t attend the High School.”
“If anyone does Hell Bright, just tell them to go and see the Headmistress as she was the one to issue the invites to the unit, rather than just the people who attended the school, and anyway, we all have got two tickets and so with six of us, we have twelve tickets, and there’s twelve of us going,” Nibs said.
“I wonder if Toma and Darla are going to be there,” Sandra said.
“I hope so, it would be good for Toma to be there,” Nibs said, “I have noticed that Toma has grown in confidence over the last few weeks.”
“I agree with you Nibs,” said Abs, “Toma is a lot more confident and also a lot more ready to help his true friends.”
“I just hope Darla and Toma works,” said Paul, “I couldn’t ask for someone more deserving of Gangrel membership than Toma sometimes. He’s come out of the shadows and has embraced his slave hood and I think hes now very much more happy.”
“I agree with you Paul,” said Nibs, “I chatted to him at the at the Savraday party and he seriously did look and sound a lot happier. He sounded similar at the End of Exams Party.”
The group them walked into the club via the garage and then headed for the nearest ramp to the ground floor. then the group walked to the third floor South Wing and the conspiracy apartments. Each pairing except for Ren and Hell Bright headed for their apartments, as did Ren and Gary who headed for Ren’s and Hell Bright headed for hers.
Nibs, Sandra, Daraus and the pair’s fairies walked into their apartment and found two new dresses with a note laying on the bed. Nibs picked up the note and read it aloud to Sandra who was in the kitchenette making a couple of drinks.
Dear Nibs and Sandra,
Please accept these dresses as gifts from myself and my sister, for over the last month you two along with the rest of the Vixens have show us both a side to the human spirit we both thought long dead.
You both are two of the most compassionate souls alive this day, not taking away from the rest of the Vixens and the elements of the Hunters we both knew, but you show compassion to all bar those who truly deserve your wrath.
We both will see you tomorrow at the Gathering as Sarah has persuaded myself along with Richard to join the Gangrels.
Nicole.
“That’s beautiful,” said Sandra as she stuck her head around the door and saw the two dresses, both of the were rich and dark red with dark rich blue boned bodices with the rich blue changing to a dark rich green lace sleeves the shoes were proper 3 inch high heels. Also present were a pair of silk stockings and all the necessary gubbings to wear them properly.
“Oh, another note,” said Nibs as she saw an envelope under the dress she had picked up. Nibs again read the note aloud as Sandra was making the two drinks.
Dear Nibs and Sandra,
Let me tell you about the dresses.
They are both made from the silk of the silk spider from the planet of Kerann in the Anvil Galaxy. The silk itself has some very special qualities in its makeup and how it shimmers naturally, but like the nanites, the silk seems to need body heat to shimmer and it don’t matter what colour you die it, it still shimmer’s in that colour. Another property is that it never needs cleaning. I’ve have three formal dresses made from the silk and I have never needed to clean any of them once.
Jane
“Remind me to thank both Jane and Nicole tomorrow,” said Sandra, “I was going to wear my induction dress, but I think now I shall wear the new one.”
“Yeah, me to,” Nibs said, “They are beautiful aren’t they.” Nibs walked out carrying the coffee Sandra had just passed her and the pair headed for the bathroom and a good shower. The pair had a quick look at each other’s body to check to see if either of them needed a touch up on the shaving front.
Nibs did need her arm-pits shaved but that was more due to being a trans person more than anything else, when Nibs had finished she turned to Sandra and gave her a kiss on the lips and then headed back to the bedroom. Soon they both were applying the makeup and making sure they looked their best. They both had an idea of the makeup the rest of the girls would be using, full Goth.
The evening was a fancy dress Ball, the team had decided to go as a group of Vampires from one of the TV shows, ‘The Masquerade Vampires’. Everyone gathered in the south reception hall before heading down to the two Echo Tech Limos that were transporting the group to the Ball.
The front Limo would contain Nibs, Sandra, Daraus, Paul, Claire, Abs, Tina and Gary, the second one would contain the rest of the friends.
Stood beside the front Limo was Jaboc, who said, “I see you are all wearing your gifts from Jane and Nicole, this is mine, Life membership to the Club and the promise that if any of you are in Suraban and a fight night is being held then you will have an automatic slot in the program. No questions asked.”
“Thank you Jaboc,” said Sandra.
“And thank you for hosting us for the time we have been here,” said Nibs and everyone smiled at the sentiment.
Jaboc then opened the door to the limo and Sandra, then followed by Nibs, who had Daraus as close to her heel as the dress Nibs was wearing would allow, Gary, Tina, Abs, Paul, Claire, and the fairy companions either climbed in or flew in and sat on the small mini bar the Limo. When everyone was in the limo Jaboc closed the door to the Limo, the driver pulled a short distance down the road. The second Limo then pulled up and again Jaboc opened the door and allowed everyone else to enter it and then again he closed the door and the two limos pulled up the driveway towards the front gates. Nibs saw the rest of the Gangrel units to be based here chilling and working behind the two apartments.
The inside of the limo was all leather upholstery, the nine seats were all comfortable to sit on and down the opposite side to the side they had entered by was a mini bar, stocked with a few of the more expensive spirits and a few bottles of mixers.
As the limo headed towards the main gate he driver opened the small window and asked, “Where to first?”
“Central High please,” replied Gary who looked very smart in his suit and tie. Paul also looked very smart in his suit which complemented Claire’s dress beautifully, the greens and reds were matched in Pauls suit. Abs and Tina were wearing the same, similar in style to Nibs and Sandra’s but the colours were different.
As the two limos pulled out of the driveway they both turned north and then at the main road turned east and head down the road the vixens had used five weeks earlier on Nibs’ birthday when they had first arrived at the club. The limo slowed as it approached the junction to CW9 which would take then almost to the school itself. The two limo’s turned onto the CW and accelerated to about 100mph and moved over one lane and stayed in convoy until they came off the CW a couple of miles before it ended on CW4. As the pair approached the lights at the end of the off ramp, the lights changed and stopped the second limo.
The lead limo pulled in and the driver said, “I was told that the two limos were to pull up together so I need to wait for the second one.”
“On problem,” said Nibs, “can I ask who told you that?”
“Jane C did as she personally booked the vehicles last week,” the driver said and pulled out as the Limo cornered and accelerated to catch the lead one up.
A few minutes later the pair pulled up behind three other vehicles who were dropping off fifth years at the Graduation ball. When the vehicle ahead of them had deposited the pair it was transporting off the lead limo pulled up and the driver climbed out and went around to the correct side and opened the door for the transported guests. Nibs and Daraus along with the six fairy companions got out and was followed by Sandra and then the rest of the friends in the order, Gary, Paul, Claire, Abs and then Tina.
When everyone was out, Nibs said, “Thank you,” to the driver.
Who replied, “Your welcome ma’am,” and he then walked around the front on the vehicle and climbed back into the drivers seat and pulled away and waited for the second one to deposit is transported guests and then they would both head for the car-park and await the groups departure from the Ball.
Abs heard Detric’s comment about Echo Tech and them and said, “It looks like Detric is beginning to understand that the Aces were facing far more then just the Gangrels.”
Nibs laughed at Abs’ comment about the Aces and understanding.
The seven to exit first waited for the six in the second vehicle to arrive and drop off the six it was carrying. When everyone was present everyone headed inside the main building of the school and to the Ball itself.

* * * * * *

From the vehicle in front the driver got out of the back two wheel chairs and helped both Detric and Zoe out and the pair sat in them. They were being pushed by a fourth year member of the offensive team and one of the forth year cheerleader, Zoe use to lead. Detric looked back at the vehicle behind them and saw the licence plate said ‘Echo Tech 08’.
Detric then asked Zoe, “Did we have anyone from Echo Tech in the year?”
“I don’t think so hun,” replied Zoe, “why?”
“The vehicle behind us has Echo Tech licence plates,” replied Detric.
“Oh, that is interesting,” said Zoe.
As the pair entered the main door Detric looked back at who got out and saw Nibs, and Sandra climb out and then they were joined by the rest of the Vixens.
“Fuck, no wonder we hand our arses handed to us so convincingly. It looks like the Vixens are friends with Echo Tech,” Detric said.

* * * * * *

As the group started to walk towards the main door, Hell Bright said, “Nice looking school from the outside.”
“No it weren’t a bad school, just elements in it, made it horrible for people like me,” said Nibs, “Get rid of the bullies and again you have a nice school.”
The group walked through the front door, just beyond was the headmistress and her two assistants. Heather said when she saw the group enter, “Welcome to Central High’s Graduation Ball Vixens, enjoy the evening.”
“Thank you Mrs MacFields,” Sandra said as they passed her.
The group then entered the main hall which was 70metres long, by 30metres wide and at least 15metres high. Along the wall, opposite the door the Vixens had entered by, running from about five metres up to a foot from the ceiling where windows. One end was dominated by the stage which was some three feet above the floor, on which a band made from four members of the fifth year and one from the forth year. The roof was covered in expensive drapes that dropped and looped back to the ceiling and the walls at least 8 metres up.
They then headed for the nearest large empty table, when the group arrived at the table, Nibs said, “Drinks everyone?”
“Yeah,” everyone said.
Both Nibs and Sandra then headed for the fully licensed bar that had been set up in the next door teaching room. As Nibs and Sandra entered the room, they saw a couple of groups of people, one group was the Media group.
Two of their number walked over to Nibs and Sandra and asked, “We know you Sandra, but who are you?”
“Me, I’m Nibola Nibs Calton, I use to be known as Nicholas Calton,” Nibs said.
“Bloody hell,” Dan said, “this is different isn’t it?”
“This is my true self, for a lot of my life I have hidden myself, only at the end of the exams did I embrace my other side.” Nibs replied.
“The reason we came over is that Simon said that Central is planning on re-making the Schools Video and he knew we were interested in helping making it,” Robin said.
“And you want to know what the situation is concerning the source material we have,” said Sandra.
“Yes exactly,” Robin said.
“Have this number is the main phone number of Gangrel command, ask for Sarah Cutherlate she would the best person to talk to about it as we’re about to head for college,” Sandra said.
“Arh, right any idea how available Sarah will be as we were hoping to have this done in a few weeks,” Dan said.
“As free as any other person is,” Sandra said, as they walked to the bar area and got themselves 12 Cabillas and headed back to the group.
Ren asked when the Nibs and Sandra had returned, “Outside for a smoke?”
“Yeah,” said Sandra, and the friends after they had picked up their glasses of Cabilla headed for the one of the doors that headed to the outside.
Paul said, “I was looking around and some of the costumes are excellent, imaginative, and very creative. I’ve been able to identify a few people but that’s due to them being either on crutches or in wheelchairs.”
As the friends along with their fairy companions, who after entering the hall had flown to one of the high windows and perched themselves there, exited the hall they saw Darla in a dress similar to the ones everyone else was wearing and Toma in a smart suit and slave collar.
The outside had about thirty five of the year smoking mainly cigarettes and drinking what looked like alcohol. The area itself was neat and tidy, with seating arranged in groups so friends could sit and chat before they left for college or work. The buildings surrounding the area behind the main hall were all closed up for the summer.
Toma and Darla smiled as the group approached. Toma said, “Good evening friends.”
“Good evening to you fellow graduate, Toma,” Paul said.
“May I say you look very smart in that suit, Toma,” said Abs.
“Thank you Abs,” replied Toma, “Jane said in a few days, I will have a suit made from the same material as everyone else.”
“Bloody hell,” said Jum, “I guessed these were expensive when I saw mine and Wong’s. I didn’t believe the note when I read it, but I guess it must be true then.”
“Yeah, I know,” said Nibs.
“I have to thank you all for being my friends,” said Toma.
“Your welcome Toma,” said Sandra, “I don’t know how much you Mistress has told you about the Gangrels, but you did fill all our requirements for membership.”
“How come,” Toma said.
Darla then turned to her slave and said, “You were disadvantage by the fact you were bullied in the school. Without the bullying you would have led a normal school life, would have left with some good qualifications, and then gone onto college or work,” then Darla drags Toma in to the warm security of her arms and continued, “I saw you at the party and thought to myself, I wonder if there is a way I can help you. Then the Twins chose to follow the Vixens to the Academy, which I wasn’t going to, my choice not to go, and I do feel a little lost without a partner, then I remembered you and thought lets see. And you are the result.”
“I have to admit, I have had a few of the year walk up to me and ask you I am,” said Toma, “I bet you get it as well Nibs.”
“I hope so,” said a smiling Nibs, “It will be fun to change attitudes with natural persuasion rather than ability.”
Then drifting out of the main hall came the chilled sounds of a DJ playing Ambient chill before the Band took to the stage.
From inside the hall walked Simon who headed towards the group when he saw them and asked, “What are the Vixens being this evening?”
“A group from the tele series ‘The Masquerade Vampires’,” replied Tina, “hi Simon.”
“Yeah hi,” said Sandra.
“I’ve had a few of the fifth years walk up to me and ask who are you,” Simon said looking directly at Nibs.
“What have you told them Simon,” replied Nibs.
“To ask you,” Simon replied.
Nibs smiled as Detric who was sat in a wheelchair exited the hall and just behind him was Zoe also in an wheel chair. The four headed towards the were the Vixens were standing and also a few were sitting smoking and enjoying each other’s company.
When the pair got close enough Detric said, “Excuse me but I have an apology to make.” The two fourth years pushing the wheel chairs departed and moved a short distance away, out of direct hearing.
The group turned to face Detric when he said that and Detric continued, “Nibs I apologise for the bullying I endorsed and actually took part in. Seeing you get out of the Echo Tech Limos I realised that we had pissed off a lot more people than just members of the school student population.”
“Thank you for you apology Detric,” said Nibs, “I have no hard feelings against you as a person, but you when you wore the Aces garb, that I found offensive.”
“The Aces never pissed off Echo Tech, we spent the previous few weeks fighting in the Wacker War,” said Sandra, “Echo Tech were very heavily involved in the war and we made some good friends because of it.”
“You only faced the full power of the Echo Tech support in the last couple of minutes, as you were trying to get your self out of the shit,” said Gary, “I paid lip service to my Aces membership, and both times you faced units I was connected with I sat the battle out and didn’t fire a shot. I couldn’t risk any of you seeing me and recognizing me.”
“Oh,” said Detric, “I never realised that we had forced membership on people.”
“You may not have, but members did make it look like if you didn’t join they would make that person’s life in the team hell,” Gary said, “at least four of the offensive team forced out two of the better Receivers and at least two Defensive backs put one of the Defensive Blockers in hospital.”
“You don’t happen to know which people did that, do you Gary?” asked Detric.
“Yes I do,” replied Gary, “Simoine and Leonard, both of whom died during the War Zone, and I’m not sure on the other incident.”
“Ok,” said Detric, “I came over to say that after the War Zone and getting kicked out of home, I got thinking and have asked Simon here if Central needs people to help in policing the Gangs. I had my first interview for the position of Investigator last week, and from the noises the interviewers were making I think I did well.”
“That’s excellent news,” said Gary, “it looks like me and you are going to be working along side one another again then.”
“How come?” asked Detric.
“I command one of the new Gangrel units that will highly likely be actively involved in the policing of the gangs,” Gary said.
“In with that in mind, I think you should know, that we,” and Sandra indicated the twelve Vixens, “are more than people may think. I don’t know how much you got told by Gary, about what happened in the underground facilities?”
“Enough to know that you could have mashed any of us at any point during the time you were here,” said Detric, “why didn’t you Nibs?”
“Think about it Detric, who was Mrs MacFields going to believe me, a student who transferred in from South Aticca or the stars of the football team,” said Nibs, “I understand human nature, and how the human mind works, a school who thinks the sun shines out of the football team’s arses or me.”
“Good point,” Detric said.
“I hated coming to school, but I knew that if I left, then I was letting down my mum and dad. I could have had ghost work from about five months after I moved here,” Nibs said, “I was made a full ghost about six months ago.”
“I have one question, Gary said something about little people helping you in the fight,” said Detric, “I was wondering if you knew what he was on about.”
“We do,” said Sandra and grasped both there hands and said after she got the approval of all the Vixens when they all smiled, Sandra said, “A gift from me to you Detric and you Zoe, the gift of True Sight.”
When Sandra had finished Detric and Zoe saw the fairies.
Pixie said to Zoe, “When last I saw you, you looked scared as hell.”
Zoe stared in shock at Pixie, “No. That’s not possible.”
“Don’t you remember the fight Zoe,” said Sandra, “Claire cast teleport to get you from your position on the surface into the underground facilities and then she cast the magick spell of True Sight on you. You definitely saw Pixie and the others.”
“I don’t remember, I think I was concentrating to hard on fighting you,” said Zoe, “but by the fact that they weren’t there before you said that, must mean that they are real.”
“Now I understand what he was going on about,” said Detric, “I’ll say this much you are an incredible team. As you said you helped during the Wacker War, were you in the front lines during the final assault?”
“Yes we all were,” said Gary, “Hence why me saying the Aces would be facing 50 experienced battle hardened combat troops.”
“I watched retaking and most of it I was in a state of shock at the no nonsense way the forces went about re-taking the streets,” said Detric.
“To give you an idea of the level of technology we have access to, the armour we wear, is 25 to 35 years more advanced than the best the Weapon production corporations have. We all are equipped with advanced Vision rigs, which has low light, thermo, infra red and also a high resolution digital camera. A globally linked comms network, all voice and data are passed through a command post, and they can see what we can see to the same level of detail,” Abs said and then Tina continued after offering Detric her blunt, “Plus all the weapons we carry are equipped as standard with smart gun links. We also can see where our friends are and also we have the capability to display whoever’s camera we want either to a battle field tablet or our PDUs or the vision rig itself.”
“Fuck me,” said Zoe, “No wonder you kicked our arses. The tech alone, you are more than able to take on corporate security forces and win.”
“We did and we won,” said Sandra.
“You have to understand that what you have been told this evening goes no further,” said Nibs.
“We guessed,” said Detric.
The DJed music died away and was replaced by the Gui-Dram sound of the live band. Then the people celebrating graduating started to head inside, Nibs and Sandra nodded to the two forth years and started to push Detric and Zoe inside.
Dan walked over to Detric and asked, “You need us anymore?”
“No I don’t think so, but stick around just in case,” replied Detric.
“No problem,” Dan said, and then the pair disappeared towards the bar.
Sandra looked up at the stage and saw Ben sitting playing the drums for the band, and said to Nibs, “Ben’s up there playing.”
Nibs looked at the stage and saw him playing and said, “Yeah, interesting though, I didn’t see the rest of the band when they came for the chat.”
“No, nor did I,” Sandra said.

* * * * * *

About half an hour later Gary McKrudder was pushed by one of the defensive team that was with him and Simoine at the War Zone. When had gotten close enough he said, “I apologise to you Nibs and your male side especially for the hell I put you through. After we had been captured and I had had basic treatment for my injuries, I spent the next few days sat in hospital in the bed next to Detric. I got a thinking, you were right I did cause a lot of emotional stress to a few people at the school. To that end I have already asked Mrs MacFields if I can come back next year and put right a lot of the wrongs I, personally, caused.”
“That is admirable Gary,” said Nibs, “But do you now understand why you lost so badly to us?”
“Yes, you had us dead to rights long before we every got to the War Zone, you had us beat the second you challenged us to the War Zone. What I’m trying to work out is how we got so convincingly thrashed?” Gary replied.
“Simple a combination of technology and the fact we live, breath and work as a team in almost all things,” replied Tina, “Simoine never stood a chance against me as you never stood a chance against Nibs Gary. The reason is that me, Nibs, Sandra, Abs, Jum and Wong we are all True Adepts, we are faster, tougher, stronger, have better senses than normal humans, I can see detail at least four times further away than a you can Gary, Abs hear a pin drop from 100metres, Sandra can see people’s auras, Nibs understands and knows the why people think and will react to various simuli.”
“Plus we work on a global comms network that allows any of us to contact other members of the forces, and we can see what they see,” said Paul, “in a couple of days most of us, except Gary, Toma and Darla will be travelling to Echo Tech City to attend The Academy,” and then Claire said as if her and Paul were one person, “so we can learn, get better and become what fate has destined for us to become.”
“I won’t ask what the hell just happened,” said Detric.
“Gary,” said Toma.
Gary looked straight at Toma and said, “Do I know you?”
“You do, I’m Tom Demms,” said Toma.
“Oops,” said Gary, “I owe you one too, don’t I.”
To which Toma nodded.
“I apologise to you Tom for the two years of hell you went through due to me throwing my weight around,” said Gary.
“Thank you,” said Toma.
“May I say though, you all have changed since you left school. Not just in the ways you described Tina, there is,” said Detric, “I can’t put my finger on it, but there is something between all twelve of you that is unique. I think it may be the bond you all enjoy.”
“Thank you Detric,” said Wong, “you are right when you say that, we do enjoy a bond, a bond of true friendship, a bond that can never be broken by distance.”
“Nibs gained that bond with us when she studied with us,” and Jum indicated both himself and Wong, “under our Sensei, Hume, and the same bond formed between Nick and Sandra I think, even though certain elements would not admit it. That bond manifested itself when Sandra brought out Nibs and Nibs herself built the same friendship bonds with everyone else here, and I bet with a few others.”
“We took it to its final stage a couple of weekends ago, when me and Nibs were formally joined as legal partners,” said Sandra, “We weren’t alone, Tina and Abs also sealed their bond as did Paul and Claire.”
Jum then said, “Nibs, would you please preside over a Jarrzarian Wedding, between me and Wong.”
“It would be my honour Jum, Wong,” replied Nibs and nodded to each in turn.
A pair of gents Nibs knew from the Computer society walked over and asked, “Sandra, I knew you and Nick were friends, is Nick here this evening?”
“She is here,” replied Sandra, “allow me to introduce the new and improved Nick or Nibola Nibs Calton-Patterson.”
Nibs then looked at the pair and they then realised that is was Nick stood there looking at them.
“Happy graduation,” the pair said.
“Happy graduation to you both,” Nibs replied as the band finished the first set.
Sandra walked over towards where the band were standing, after coming down from the stage, and tapped Ben on the shoulder and said, “Hi, I never realised you were a member of a band Ben.”
“Yeah, been the drummer for the band for a couple of years, I’ve been trying to persuade them to join the Gangrels but they say they don’t run with gangs,” Ben said.
“Let me and the rest of the Vixens have a go, but we may have found you a tenth member for training,” Sandra said.
“Yeah!” exclaimed Ben, “Who?”
“Toma, he’s been introduced this Savraday with everyone else, but after training he will be working with Darla rather than running with a unit,” Sandra replied and the pair walked over to where the rest of the Vixens were standing before going back outside for a smoke. Wong and Jum had disappeared to the bar for some more drinks.
Nibs said when Ben and Sandra had approached, “Hi Ben, its good to see you here.”
“Yeah, likewise,” Ben said, “Detric, Gary, Zoe,” and Ben nodded to each.
“Hi Ben, Simon has told me of the work you’ve done over the last few months concerning the Aces and their actions both inside and outside school,” Detric said, “I wish I had never agreed with Simoine about setting up a street gang with the Team as it’s members.”
Nibs and Tina pushed Detric and Zoe outside and Adam pushed Gary, the group all moved to one of the seating arrangements and most sat down.
Zoe then said, “Just so people know, Amy is planning to try and get revenge on you Tina, that’s the reason why she’s not here, she thought you would be here and so didn’t want to have a confrontation with you Tina.”
“Would you pass a message to her from me,” Tina said, “If she wants me all she has to do is ask nicely, I would be happy to accommodate her and also kill her.”
Kai said to Nibs, “What’s your plans now? I guess you won’t be going to College now that you run with the Gangrels.”
“That’s where you are wrong, I am going to college, except I’m going with my friends here in the Vixens and it’s to the Academy, the school dedicated to the training of elite Ghosts,” Nibs said, “Which we all are.”
“Ok, how about you three?” asked Kai.
“Not sure, due to the extent of my injuries I’m not going to be able to take up the scholarship I had been awarded,” Gary said, “but with my actions over the last couple of years, I think I deserve it.”
“Hopefully I’ll be working as an investigator for Central,” said Detric.
“Helping Detric and hopefully doing a part time home study college course into media and advertising,” said Zoe.
“In what respect advertising?” Nibs asked.
“How advertising effects the way people look at products and weather or not they buy the item,” Zoe replied.
The other three members of the band walked out of the hall and lit up, they then wandered over to where Ben was sitting on the edge of one of the seats.
The Ian said, “I never realised you knew Sandra and that group Ben?”
“Yeah, you remember me talking about us as a band joining the Gangrels gang,” Ben said.
“Yeah, I do,” said Katlin, the lead Gui-Dram player.
“Well you do realise that Sandra, Paul, Nibs, Tina, Abs, and Gary are also all members as is everyone else here except for Gary, Detric and Zoe,” Ben said.
“No, way,” Iain said.
“Yes way,” said Nibs, “Ben and the rest of his friends are being introduced to the gang tomorrow evening.”
“What all the group you run with,” Iain said.
“Yes,” replied Ben, “all nine and when the next training cadre starts, if Toma wants to then we will start basic training.”
“Yeah, very much so,” Toma said.
“And the next Cadre will be my first in charge of Training under Gareth,” said Darla.
“I noticed some elements from Dark Legion in your music,” said Sandra as Nibs passed Ben her tin and pipe.
Ben then said, “Thanks Nibs,” as he took it and loaded himself a pipe and smoked it. Ben than asked Nibs, “May I,” and indicated that he wanted to pass it to the band.
“Yeah, no problem Ben,” said Nibs.
“Yes we are heavily influenced by the sounds and songs from Dark Legion,” Katlin said.
“You do know that five years ago the band ran with the Dark Legion Gangrel unit in South Klebge District and became famous off their first gig at Gangrel command,” said Sandra, “both me and Paul watched them play as we were both introduced at that gig.”
“No,” Jim, the bass player, said and got handed Nibs’ pipe loaded with cannabis along with a lighter. When Jim took it he said, “Thanks Nibs, I recognize you from somewhere, but I can’t place where.”
“Try, Electronics,” Nibs said.
“No, that’s not where I know you from,” Jim said.
“Yes it is, I use to be Nick Calton,” Nibs said.
“Fuck me,” said Jim and Katlin and then Jim said, “Nick Calton. My god, no now you say that yes I do recognize you now. That is some change.”
“Oh yes,” said Sandra, “It was some change wasn’t it hun.”
“Yeah, it was,” said Nibs.
“What a lot of people don’t realise is that the Gangrels have over 1000 members just in the street gang section,” said Darla.
“Fuck me,” said Detric, “I thought you were kidding when you said in addition 100 other combat support personal.”
“Yeah, for a few of those that War Zone was the first time they picked up a fire arm, let alone actually put their lives on the line,” Gary said, “Don’t you remember Simon and Derrick were there too.”
“Yeah I do,” said Detric as Derrick walked out of the Hall in search of Detric, Gary and any other members of the team.
Derrick walked over and said, “Hi everyone. I’m surprise to see you four associating with the Vixens.”
“Why, we are all Graduating tonight, anyway Nibs said it herself she has no hard feelings against me, but it was when I was wearing the Aces garb, that she found offensive, plus I have apologised to her and Toma for the last couple of years,” Detric said.
“As have I,” said Gary.
Derrick laughed and said, “What is it with you Nibs and the Vixens, you just accept things and never try to change them.”
“Why should I, me being me is often enough to change people,” Nibs said.
“You forget one of the Gangrel Standing Orders,” Gary said, “Gangrels should accept all as equals and let there actions be the initiator of re-action not there past.”
“They apologised to us this evening, and that is enough in my eyes to wipe all the past transgressions,” Nibs said, “Why hold a grudge.”
“This is the first time I’ve actually chatted to you as a group,” said Ian, “and to put it bluntly I wish I had chatted to you a lot earlier. You all are so down to earth. Including you Ben.”
“Now do you see why I’m going to join the Gangrels,” Ben said.
“Yes I do,” Ian said.
“Ian do you want to go to the Gathering tomorrow?” Darla asked and Simon nodded in recognition of Darla’s idea.
“Yeah, how?” Ian asked.
“By coming as my guest, you’ll spend the first bit of the evening with the rest of the Vixens, but that’s due to me sponsoring Toma for membership,” Darla replied.
“Does the invite include Katlin and Jim?” Ian asked.
“Yeah,” Darla replied, “The only thing you need is some smart clothes or a formal dress,” Darla replied.
“A what?” asked Katlin.
“These Katlin,” replied Hell Bright, and she slightly lifted her skirt to show Katlin what she meant.
“That could be a bit hard as I don’t have one,” Katlin replied.
“You do now,” said Darla, “I think a quick trip to Risers tomorrow as well to get you one.”
“My next question is. How are we going to get there?” Ian said.
“Simple, I’ll borrow a car from the Club and that’s how we get there,” Darla said.
“So what’s going to happen tomorrow then?” asked Jim.
“To start, the introductions, then I think we have three bands playing. One from South Cove Raiders, one from South Stevran Strikers and I think the third is from Wester Park Maulers, then DJed music to around 8 in the morning,” Darla said, “The Gangrels are hardened party animals.”
Heather’s voice came over the PA on the stage and she said, “May I have the attention of all the students and staff, please.”
Everyone from outside and the bar entered the hall and on the stage was the chair of the Board of Governors and both of Heathers assistants in running the school.
Heather then said, “It is Central High’s tradition that at the Graduation Ball we award the student of the year award and also crown the king and queen of the ball. The student of the year award as voted by you the student body, goes to Detric, but, Detric has spoken to me directly and put forward another name, in his own words more deserving than him,” Heather was smiling as her eyes fell on Nibs, “I give to you, Nicholas Calton as she was know during her short stay with us. Now she is known as Nibola Nibs Calton-Patterson.”
The gathered audience clapped at the announcement.
Nibs stared and her mouth hung slightly open in shock at what Heather had just said.
Sandra thought said to Nibs, “Boo.”
This shook Nibs out of her stupper and she nodded thank you to Detric.
Who replied, “Your welcome Nibs, you deserve it more than I do, you put up with nine months of hell from us, the Aces.”
Nibs then walked to the steps and onto the stage where she bowed in the traditional Jarrzarian manor to the Chair, as Mr Tun-ork smiled and bowed in response and then handed Nibs the award and shook her hand. Heather then backed away from the mic and indicated for Nibs to make a speech.
“To put it bluntly I’m speechless. Thank you Detric, I think you are a fine example of a human, and thank you to my partner Sandra for her undying love,” Nibs said and then turned and left the stage.
Heather then re-approached the microphone and said, “Now to the crowning of the king and queen, this award is decided on by the staff before the Ball, but again the winners have turned it down in favour of two more deserving recipients, Nibola Nibs Calton-Patterson and her legal partner Sandra.”
Nibs, Sandra and Daraus all walked to the stage and were awarded the sash both of which read Graduation Ball Queen 2068. Again Heather moved out of the way of the microphone. Nibs and Sandra both walked up to the microphone.
Sandra said, “Like Nibs before I am also speechless, the only thing I would like to know is who won it, Mrs MacFields?”
“Detric and Zoe,” Heather replied.
“Detric, Zoe, let me concure with Nibs’ earlier statement, you both are fine examples,” Sandra said whilst Nibs was smiling happily. Daraus was smiling happily as well.
Nibs and Sandra then left the stage and Ian, Jim, Katlin and Ben all climbed the steps to the Stage and kicked our the first song of the second set.
Mr Tun-ork along with Heather walked over towards the group and Mr Tun-ork said in Mid Jarrzarian, “Good evening Mrs Calton-Patterson and Mrs Calton-Patterson.”
Sandra was the first to reply and said, “Good evening to you sir,” and Sandra bowed which Mr Tun-ork responded to with a bow of his own.
Nibs then said, again in mid Jarrzarian, “Good evening Mr Tun-ork, I hope you have had a pleasant evening?”
“I have,” Mr Tun-ork said in Basic, which pleased a lot of the friends, “Mrs MacFields was telling me that you only transferred to the school ten months ago from South Aticca, and yet you know Jarrzarian, and I would say fluently as well.”
“I have a knack for languages and had two excellent teachers, Jum-Fu and Wong-Ma,” and both bowed to Mr Tun-ork who responded with one of his own.
“Many I ask how many languages do you know?” Heather asked, “and please it’s Heather.”
“Thank you, and please call me Nibs Mr Tun-ork. Eight including basic at the moment, I hope to increase that number over the next few years whilst I am at the Academy,” Nibs said.
“The Academy as in the Research and Design Centre run by the ghost community,” Mr Tun-ork said.
“Yes,” Sandra said, “most of us are going on Sumdar to Echo Tech City and then travelling on to the Academy.”
“The only reason why I know about the Academy as you guessed I’m not connected in any way to the ghost community other than my company does employ a few from time to time. A friend of my son is currently in the third year and is about to start his fourth,” Mr Tun-ork said.
“How is Clare and Abbey, I saw them last Sumdar but never got to actually speak to them,” Heather asked.
“They are both well, try and get to Club Millana in Bariskin District. They would be happy to see you,” said Tina.
“Oh yes, Yuron, I did actually forget not only is Nibs and Sandra legal partners, so is Tina and Abs and also Paul and Claire over there. All there got partnered, I think that is what the Paygans call it,” Heather said.
“Then congratulations are in order,” Mr Tun-ork said, “and may I say you all look really well.”
Heather then turned to Zoe and asked, “Is Amy here?”
“No she didn’t attend due to personal reasons,” Zoe replied and stared, ‘Don’t ask, at some point I will tell you why.’
“Arh, thank you Zoe, then the rumours are true, she is planning something,” Heather responded.
“I would have thought after what the Aces did you Nibs and you,” Mr Tun-ork said, as he couldn’t remember the gent with this real beauty of a Gothic Mistress.
“Toma, Yuron,” Heather said.
“No, these gents and ladies were offensive to us wearing the colours of the Aces, but outside the gang they are humans like me or you and should be treated with respect. On there actions will they be judged by people, now, I do not know how much you know about what happened in the last few weeks Mr Tun-ork,” Abs said.
Simon then said, “These people are now no-longer allowed to wear the colours of the Aces, by decree of Central. By doing so they can be removed from the gene pool, and as the Gangrels are the official forced charge with policing the gangs along side Central, they would have been dealt with already.”
“Arh, yes Heather did talk of the, ‘War Zone’ that happened some three weeks ago I think now,” Mr-Tun-ork said, “Well it was a pleasure meeting you all, and again my congratulations on your partnerships,” and both Heather and Mr Tun-ork moved away.
Paul then asked, “Drinks?”
“Yeah,” everyone replied.
Zoe turned to Tina and asked, “Other than seeing you around school and fighting Gangrels on the battle field, what is it like to be a Gangrel?”
“When you join all Gangrels spend thirteen weekends and at least two nights a week at Command in the north learning what it means to be a Gangrel. Included is how to be safe around weapons, team work, how to handle a battle professionally, and also getting fit,” Tina replied, “Why the question?”
“I was thinking, if Detric does become an investigator then it would pay to know how our colleagues in the policing section live, and play,” Zoe said.
“Well as tomorrow seems to be the day of guests going to the Gathering, why not come with us,” Tina said, “both of you.”
“No we couldn’t,” Zoe said.
“A Gathering is an event for all,” said Simon, “it don’t matter who you are, member or not. Tomorrow is when a large number of young adults get introduced to the gang and when you see the faces they are proud to belong to the Gangrels.”
“Haven’t you noticed none of us slouch, we all hold ourselves head up,” Abs said.
“Yes I have,” Zoe replied, “I did wonder why that even through our worst you all still held yourselves in a manor that rose above the name calling and sly thumps the more aggressive members dished out to people, and a lot of the students around you took strength from you being present.”
“We know,” Abs said, “A lot of the students tell us that they did take strength from us being around, even if we were unable to do anything to stop it.”
“That rule is changing in relation to the Gangrels, in that if they see physical assaults from members of the student body against another person, they can intervene to stop it using reasonable force,” said Simon.
“At bloody last,” said Tina.
Mrs Deeth walked towards the group and saw Tina chatting with Zoe and walked the short distance and said, “Hi Tina.”
“Hi Mrs Deeth,” Tina replied and stood up, “Heather just told me that Nick was over here, is he?”
“She is, Mrs Deeth,” Tina replied, “Nibs, Mrs Deeth.”
Paul and Claire then returned with two large trays of drinks. Nibs turned and said, “Mrs Deeth, I hope you are well,” in Spinnayian.
Mrs Deeth looked at Nibs and said, “I am well, you are?”
“Nibola Nibs Calton-Patterson, you would have known me by my male name, Nick Calton,” Nibs said.
Mrs Deeth shook her head in shook and also double took Nibs, “My god, so you are like Tina then a male to female crossdresser.”
“At the moment yes I crossdress, but like Tina I will be starting hormonal replacement therapy in few weeks, which in time should give me a more womanly figure,” Nibs said.
“Just so you both know,” Mrs Deeth said, “Both your final projects unless you want them back, will be on display and I spending the holidays constructing a larger more robust version for the students to look at and handle.”
“No, I have no problem with that Mrs Deeth,” said Nibs, “I’m happy that it can be put to good use.”
“Same here,” Tina said, “Soon I have a feeling we will be working on micro electronics and similar.”
“Can I take it you have a job as I know you didn’t apply to any colleges?” Mrs Deeth asked.
“No,” Nibs replied and slightly laughed, “we are both going to a form of college, but to attend this one you have to be selected and the applicants don’t know it’s happening.”
“Arh, well congratulations both of you on new status, Heather and Simon told the staff who have been in over the last couple of weeks about you partnership ceremony,” Mrs Deeth said.
“May I say that I carry the wishes of all the staff who directly knew you and a lot of those who didn’t,” Mrs Deeth said.
“Thank you Mrs Deeth,” said Nibs and the pair lightly embraced, “When we get to the Academy I’ll email the school the link to the recording of the ceremony and the reception so all the staff can see it.”
“It was recorded!” Mrs Deeth exclaimed.
“Yes, we had 1700 guests at the actual ceremony and another 4000 watching a net feed and I think the last count the page with the download on has had 30,000 downloads,” Nibs said.
Mrs Deeth looked at Nibs in shook at the figures, “My god, that’s almost 6000 people watching on the day!” Mrs Deeth then exclaimed. “I had 120 guests at mine. My god, how many were Gangrels?”
“I think the last count on the day, five hundred from Gangrel youth, and another 800 from the other work the Gangrels do, you forget they do a lot more than just be a street gang Mrs Deeth,” Simon said, “Nibs, Tina, allow me to introduce my deputy here in the school, Mrs Anna Deeth, and my campaign organiser, I’ve got myself a bit of a battle for leadership of Central.”
“Oh, who’s standing against you,” Tina asked.
“One of the newbies, he’s standing so people can see we are a democratic organisation and not a city government quango,” Simon said.
“Be careful Simon, even the Newbies may surprise the establishment,” Nibs said.
“Yes I know, that’s why the person who is standing is standing, his wife has got a job in Deebina Metro and he’s moving in Sept2 when she takes up the position of PA to the Rotork Theaban City VP,” Simon replied.
Nibs and Tina stared in shook at what Simon had just said, Nibs then said, “How well do you know this gent.”
“Very, he use to run with the South Strip Impailers Gangrel Unit,” Simon said.
“Is he free tomorrow and as he use to run with a Gangrel unit, he’ll probably be more than up for a Gathering,” Nibs said.
“He’s already been invited,” Simon said, “Sarah invited him last week at the same time she invited me.”
“Good,” Nibs said.
“Why the interest in him coming,” Simon asked.
“I know for a fact you don’t know about Rotork Theaban Simon,” Nibs said.
“Yes,” responded Simon.
“We have it from the source, they are holding Sam, Claire’s mum, and she is being worked as a slave to the president of Naban. The actual company Rotork Theaban is controlled by what the Conspiracy calls the Evil, and do you remember Abilgail from Claire’s High school,” Nibs said.
“Yes,” said Simon.
“She is a T-man or tattooed man, to give it’s full name, to the same evil. The Vixens were heavily involved in busting a slaver operation in the area around the Wacker HQ, during the Wacker Incident. Clare and Abbey were both being held in the facility and received their first magickal tattoos at the hand of an alchemist,” Nibs said.
“Fuck me,” said Simon.
“The reason for the question is would he be an observation agent for conspiracy,” Nibs said.
“More than likely,” Simon said.
“Good,” Nibs said.
“What time you getting to Command?” Simon asked.
“Around 2 to 2.30 as we are bringing guests from South Pensuila District,” Nibs said.
“Ok,” Simon said. He then turned and saw Claire and Paul following Ren out side, and Simon likewise followed them outside.

* * * * * *

“Claire, a message from Mark and Angelique, they both hope that you are going to be at tomorrow’s gathering, as they have a message for you,” Simon said.
“Hi Simon, oh, I wonder what that is,” Claire said, “of course I am going to be there.”
“I know that,” said Simon, “Hi Hell Bright, Ren.”
“Hi Paul,” said a voice from behind him.
Paul turned and saw a Cathy from his Politics and Corporate Economics class, he said, “Hi Cathy, it’s good to see you.”
“Yes and you,” Cathy said, “Where the hell have you been, I’ve knocked a few time’s for you and left a couple of notes.”
“Oops none of us have been home in ages, I think the last time someone visited home was the 25th Auar,” Paul said.
“That may explain it then, I left my first note of the 30th Auar,” Cathy said.
“Introduce me,” said Claire.
“Sorry hun,” said Paul, “Cathy meet my legal partner Claire Demitrie. I knew her from my politics and Economics classes.”
“It’s nice to meet you Cathy,” said Claire.
“And you,” said Cathy, “So what are your plans now you’ve left school, still running with that gang.”
“Yeah, and that gang as you call it,” Paul said, “is one of the reasons why I am married to my true love Claire, we both belong to the Gangrels. As to my plans yes we both will always be members of the Gangrels until we die I think and no I ain’t running with the street gang, me and all the Vixens are going to The Academy to learn how to be better ghosts. We’ll also improve the general technology available to the ghost community and in the long run the rest of the world.”
Cathy smiled at Paul’s answers, and said, “What and where have you been then, if you’ve not been living at home?”
“All the Vixens and quite a few other Gangrel units have been involved in the Wacker War,” Paul said, “and we were instrumental in the current states of Detric, Gary, Zoe and others in the hall, during the War Zone which happened after the last game of the season.”
“Oh,” said Cathy, “then I guess that the messages on a few of the politics boards about the war are right.”
“What have they been saying?” Paul asked.
“That the elite forces were made up mainly from units of the black ones,” Cathy said, “some of the messages have been laughed at.”
“Why,” asked Claire.
“Oh, they were saying things like Nicolai, Jane C, Paul Delimetry had been seen donning street armour and mixing it up with the Wacker military and security troops,” Cathy said.
“Oh, are they that unbelievable,” said Paul as he took out his PDU and brought up one of the pictures he had taken of his friends as they chilled around the Club.
Cathy looked at it and her mouth opened slightly in shock, seeing Jane C, Nicole and Paul all sat in the main briefing room of the Club, and the date showed it had been taken on 26th Auar. Cathy then exclaimed, “You must be kidding, the messages are true!”
“Yes very true,” said Hell Bright.
“Yes, they also were involved in the War Zone against the Aces,” Ren said.
Cathy then looked at the pair and said, “You were never students here.”
“No we weren’t, but Mrs MacField invited us,” Hell Bright replied.
“She did Cathy, I was present when she did,” Simon said.
“Oh, my apologise,” Cathy said.
“No worries,” said Hell Bright.
“Do you know why they were there?” Cathy asked.
“Yes we do,” replied Paul, “They were present because they all hold Full Ghost licences and enjoy the ghost life more than they enjoy the life in the board room.”
“That can’t be the reason,” Cathy said.
“It is,” said Nibs as she and Sandra walked outside to have a smoke.
“Nibola, Sandra, congratulations on being the ball’s queens, and congratulations on being legal partners, by the fact you are queen you must have attended here as a student, but I don’t ever remembering seeing such a beauty other than in the Moroth after the exams had finished,” Cathy said.
“Weren’t you present when the awards were announced?” Sandra asked.
“No, I came back from a family holiday only a couple of hours ago and arrived here as the Band kicked out their second set,” Cathy replied.
“Arh, then you wouldn’t know the under the dress and makeup was once Nicholas Calton, who also won the Student of the Year award,” said Sandra.
“No way, Nick, so it was you who kicked the arse of McKrudder then,” Cathy said.
“Yes it was and I hope you know he’s sat right behind you Cathy,” Nibs said.
“Oh, Gary,” Cathy said as she turned around and saw Gary, Detric and Zoe all in wheel chairs, “How did that, happen!” exclaimed Cathy, “I’m gone for a month and two of the stars of the football team and member of the Aces are in wheel chairs, being pushed by members of the hated Gangrels.”
“What happened,” Detric said, “I ran into the immovable object what was Gary Sutherland. He put me in here at the end of the War Zone. We deserved everything we got that evening for the nightmare the Aces have been at the school.”
“Lets just say Nibs taught me a lesson I won’t quickly forget,” said Gary, “I resigned my scholarship as the Doctors said, ‘I won’t be playing for a good couple of years if at all’. Nibs said it herself I did cause a lot of emotional distress during my time at the school. Nibs and the rest of the Vixens repaid it ten fold, not only on me, but on the entire Aces gang.”
“So what are you going to be doing then Gary?” Cathy asked.
“Helping around the school as a student advisor and also trouble shooter,” Gary said.
“I guess you also won’t be taking up the scholarship Detric,” Cathy said.
“No, after Gary broke my leg, I realised that I won’t be playing football as I could see the bone under the skin,” said Detric, “Currently my plans are to become an investigator for Central, I think I passed the first interview, so one more interview to go. Then I think I had better learn how to handle myself in a fight, because I think I may need it.”
At this the band finished playing their second encore and left the stage for the last time and the music was replaced by some DJed Ambient trance.
Nibs asked, “Hun, what’s the time?”
“10:30 why?” Sandra asked.
“I was thinking why not go and hit one of the alternative Clubs north of the river, ring Ruth, Carole or Janet and find out what’s happening,” Nibs said.
“Yeah, why not,” Sandra said, “we did get an invite from Janet.”
Nibs then stood and said, “I’m trying to work out how we are going to get the group to the club scene in the area.”
“How many we got then?” Paul asked.
“Twelve in the Vixens, Darla, Toma, Detric, Gary, Zoe, Cathy if she wants to join us, the band, and Simon,” Nibs said.
“Not me tonight,” replied Simon, “I need some sleep.”
“Ok, total twenty two,” said Sandra, “Good point we can only carry eighteen in the Limo’s.”
“No need we have a twelve seater Minibus,” said Jim.
“And both me and Toma got here by bike,” Darla said.
“Ok then, that’s sorted,” Nibs said, “Shall we then.” Nibs then got out her PDU and rang Janet, and waited for it to connect.
When it did, Janet said, “Hi Janet speaking how can I help?”
“Hi Janet, it’s Nibs, me and my friends were thinking what’s happening on the scene up your way?” Nibs asked.
“I’m literally heading to Club Dark in Wine in South Penisula, Ruth said her and at least Carole would be there this evening as a band they like were playing the Club,” Janet replied.
“That’s even better,” said Nibs, “I’ll miss call you when we are outside.”
“Done, I’ll keep my radio link in my ear then and set it to vibrate,” Janet said and hung up.
“Right then,” Nibs said, “shall we my friends.”
“Yeah,” everyone said.

* * * * * *

About forty five minutes later all the vehicles were pulling up as near to the Club as possible. On the journey Nibs had asked the driver if he wanted to enjoy himself this evening. He had agreed it would be a good way of chilling.
Nibs took out her PDU and rang Janet who answered, “Hi Nibs, you outside?”
“Yes we are all twenty four of us,” Nibs replied.
“Right then we’re on our way to get you,” Janet said.
“No need just been seen by Tarack who is working security on the door,” Nibs said as Tarack walked over. Nibs then hung up the phone.
Sandra bent down and said to Detric and Zoe, “We’ll do better introductions inside.”
Both Detric and Zoe nodded, ‘we understand after seeing right through the illusion around his face.
“Welcome to Dark in Wine, one of the leading LTBG scene clubs,” Tarack said, “Please follow me, ladies, gents.” Tarack then led the group through the side door, normally used by staff and VIPs. A short passage way, bypassed the main entrance and deposited the group right outside security control and the group deposited their pistols, and then followed Tarack into the main club where Yarrar was standing just inside the door from entrance to the club proper.
Yarrar saw the group enter and walked towards them and said, “Good evening friends.”
Gary, and the others outside the know saw Yarrar and exclaimed, “What the hell!”
Nibs turned to the group and said, “Allow me to introduce Yarrar and Tarack of the Pen Wolf Hounds.”
“Thank you Nibs,” Yarrar said, “friends of the Vixens allow me to welcome you to the Dark in Wine, give the staff and cliental no problems and you won’t get any problems from us. Now enjoy your evening.”
Yarrar turned and led the group to the bar where she lent behind and grabbed out a VIP pass and handed it to Nibs, “Free Drinks.”
Nibs ordered the round and the group headed of an area of the club where only a few members of the cliental were standing,
When the group had arrived Gary asked, “How do you know those,” and after a short pause he continued, “people.”
“How do we know them Gary,” Tina said, “all of the Vixens are members of a force dedicated to making sure the corps and other bodies dedicated to helping mankind do so and if the governments don’t hold them to account, someone does.”
“Arh, I now understand,” Gary and Detric said.
Two quite elegant ladies in her late thirties walked over and one said, “Good evening Nibs, Sandra.”
“Janet,” Nibs replied.
“Allow me to introduce my wife Marcia,” Janet said.
“Evening Marcia,” said Sandra.
Nibs then introduced everyone to Yarrar and Greacher who had walked over from the door area, Greacher said, “The club is members only, all of the cliental are members of the community who know about us and support and help us in our work.”
“Enjoy yourselves this evening, and before you leave, ask at the security control for a membership card,” Yarrar said and the pair walked off.
Nibs pushed Gary, Gary was pushing Detric and Sandra was pushing Zoe and they entered the main club from the quiet room. On the stage was a warm up band, running up the left wall was a staircase that led to different rooms, in front of the stage was a large area where a few people were dancing. Opposite the stairs on the ground floor was a large 30metre long bar which had about fifteen people standing leaning against it.
Stood at the bar was a Urick chatting to a tall gent. Stood at the bar was Ruth and Tarack had her held around the waist. Nibs with Blackie flying just a few feet above Gary’s right shoulder walked towards the group. When Nibs and Gary were close Nibs said, “Hi, how long has it been official?”
“About a week,” said Ruth and then turned and saw Nibs standing there, “Hi Nibs,” then she saw Gary, she said, “I remember you from the War Zone, you belong to the Aces.”
“Yeah I did,” Gary said.
“Now he’s a human being worthy of respect,” said Nibs, “he apologised to me and Toma earlier this evening Ruth.”
“Well allow me to introduce you to Gavin an ex member of Sec Com,” said Ruth.
“Nibola Calton-Patterson good evening, I think I may have been the one to start a certain Tammeria questioning Sec Com,” Gavin said.
“You’ve already met Urick,” Tarack said and walking over from the dance floor came Carole and Greacher and Sandra followed them.
Nibs asked, “Where’s Zoe?”
“Chatting to a couple of very convincing young Trans people,” Sandra said, who then thought said, “I think the idea of bringing them here is about to pay off.”
Nibs smiled as she saw the pair push Detric and Zoe off towards the dance floor.
Gary then walked over and said, “hi Ruth, hi Carole.”
“Hi Gary,” said Carole and slipped her arm into Greacher’s who was smiling happily.
Nibs just shook her head at the sight.
Ruth turned to Nibs and said, “Did you have a good week?”
“We did thanks,” Nibs replied and then asked Gary, “How much do you remember of our combat?”
“Enough to know you could have done what you did to me a long time before that,” replied Gary.
“Ok, how much do you remember of the other helper I had,” Nibs said as Sandra placed her hand on Gary’s shoulder.
Sandra then said, “A gift from me to you Gary, the gift of True sight.”
When Sandra had finished Gary saw Blackie and also Pixie. When Gary saw them he said, “They are real aren’t they.”
“Very much so, Gary,” Nibs said, “let me introduce, Blackie and Pixie, mine and Sandra’s fairy companions, we are linked in all ways due to the interaction of an open rift and a ceremony I conducted a earlier that week,” then Sandra said, “by me gifting you, you now are a part of a world wide force dedicated to the defence of this planet and the population from evils and creatures that would turn your hair white.”
“Ok,” said Gary, “I guess then the creatures are also a part of the force?”
“Yes we are,” said Tarack, “I’m a member of the race called the Wolfen from the Three Galaxies. Greacher here is a Coalition Dog Boy, a race created by genetically manulipating the genes of humans and dog, Yarrar is a Battle cat, similar genetic manulipulation except they used a cat instead of a dog.”
“Fuck me, do you come from this planet then Greacher?” Gary asked.
“No, my unit most of which you see here, Gavin, Ruth, Carole and Tarack have been added since we arrived here and made friends with the conspiracy forces through Paul Delimetry when he came and did some research into our activities,” Greacher said.

* * * * * *

About half an hour later a second warm up band took to the stage and started to bang out some screams rather than actual songs lyrics. Most of the group headed for one of the other rooms and soon found a quiet room, where the DJ was playing some ambient chill music and both Nibs and Sandra, saw Hell Bright, Ren, Paul, Claire and the four’s companions chilling. Nibs looked back and saw Detric and Zoe still chatting to the two Trans youths. Tina, Abs and both the Twins were madly dancing on the Dance floor.
Nibs thought said to Blackie, “Go and find, Darla, Jum and the others Blackie and make sure they are ok.”
“Done boss,” said Blackie and flew off in the direction of the top floor area. He saw Darla, and the rest of the friends sat in there listening to Light Gothic Trance. Blackie then flew back to where Nibs was sat with the others, Janet and Marcia walked over and both sat down.
Marcia turned to Nibs and said, “When my husband told me about you coming into the shop, I said I’ll believe you, but now I’ve met you, he weren’t kidding, you are an incredibly beautiful and elegant Mrs Calton-Patterson.”
“Please call me Nibs,” Nibs said and took a sip of her Cabilla.
Ruth came and sat beside Nibs and asked, “How much do you know about what’s happening in the South East?”
“Enough to know, that it ain’t good, and from reports there is definitely activity non conducive to the betterment of Darra Von,” Nibs said.
“That’s pretty much what we’ve read in the intelligence reports,” Ruth said.
“Currently the Hunters, Marauders and Hammers are undergoing training to make them ready to face them,” Sandra said.
“Well, take it from me,” said Tarack, “If the reports are true then the Pen will be joining the forces in the area. If there is one thing I can’t stand and that’s Vampires.”

* * * * * *

Nibs, Sandra and Daraus all stood after spending an hour in the ambient chill room, left and went wandering around the club itself. They found Detric and Zoe, laughing at something one of the two trans youth said.
Nibs said, when they party was close enough, “Hi again, enjoying yourselves?”
“Yeah,” said Zoe, “massively, other than Tina and yourself, Nibs, these two are the first two trans people we’ve actually chatted to. What is it about the world that discriminates against people like this. Just because they want to dress in a slightly different way to the rest of the world, doesn’t mean that they are any less a human being that a person that dresses in the way the world expects.”
“I think we may make a Gangrel out of you yet Zoe,” said Sandra.
“What did Zoe call you?” Jackie asked.
“Nibs,” Nibs said, “Why?”
“Your not also know as the Black Fairy are you?” Fran asked
“Yes, I’ve been called that,” Nibs said.
“The let me say it’s a pleasure to meet with the leadership partnership of the Bitch Vixens, both me and Fran also run with the South Penisula Strikers,” Jackie said.
“You going to the Gathering tomorrow?” Sandra asked.
“No, we will be setting up a defensive perimeter around the Pensuila Red Bats Headquarters, and expect to be on site for the next four weeks at least,” Jackie said, “So tonight me and Fran are letting our hair down and enjoying ourselves.”
“Tomorrow will be a good Gathering, over 20 new members will be introduced tomorrow,” Nibs said.
“Twenty, that the most we’ve had join the gang in a couple of years,” Fran said.
“Yeah I know,” said Sandra, “The last time we had so many new members was the last gig of Dark Legion’s last world tour, two years ago.”
“I was about to ask you both,” said Fran, “If you want to come back to ours for the night?”
Detric looked at Nibs, and asked, “How were you planning on getting us to the Gathering tomorrow?”
“Mini bus, as at the moment I think we have close on ten people going in addition to the Vixens,” Nibs said.
“Can we ask were would you be going?” Nibs said.
“Back to ours,” Jackie said.
“Just trying to plan tomorrow as we are also picking up Leia and Annabel from the area as well,” Nibs said.
“Leia Crofton and Annabel Wrights,” Fran asked.
“I’m not sure on the surnames, but I think so,” Nibs said.
“They said they would go and ask Mads about the scene a few weeks ago, just before the local high school broke up,” Fran said.
“We met them last Savraday in Risers and we invited them to join the Vixens at the Gathering,” Nibs said.
Fran and Jackie smiled at the news of those two attending the Gathering.
“Anyway, so if you two want to come back with us, we are leaving in the next couple of minutes.” Fran said.
“Can we Nibs,” Zoe asked.
“I’m not your keeper Zoe, just let me have your phone numbers so I can contact you tomorrow about picking you both up,” Nibs said.
“Oops, beautiful wedding you two,” Jackie said, “we attended in our male dress.”
“Ok,” Sandra said and the group left as Fran and Jackie pushed Detric and Zoe towards security control and the Exit.
Nibs and Sandra both wandered the short distance to where Tina, Abs and The Twins were standing after coming off the dance floor.
When the three reach where they were standing, Tina said, “You are kidding me, Detric and Zoe going off with a couple of Trans youth.”
“I know,” said Nibs, “but I think we are seeing different side to Detric, I think he may have been led down the road of forming a street gang. He did say earlier that he wished he’d never agreed with Simoine about the street gang.”
“Anyway, when are we planning on departing for the Club?” Abs asked.
“When ever people are ready, I think most are enjoying themselves too much to think about going,” Sandra said.
“I’m only thinking about a change of clothes for us as this is all we have,” Abs said.
“Good point, I say we all go to Gothage tomorrow before after picking Detric and Zoe up, changing and then thinking about getting Leia and Annabel.

* * * * * *

Around 03:00BN the two limos arrived back at the Club, carrying the Vixens.

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.


The Supporting website is here

up
30 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos